Author Topic: [GB] GMK Skeletor (Shipping Completed)  (Read 234886 times)

Offline finalarcadia

Re: [GB] GMK Skeletor
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 13:50:29 »
Seems like you could buy extras right now. They are marked up from GB price though.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 18:39:53 »
Seems like you could buy extras right now. They are marked up from GB price though.

I see, didn't notice the price hike. Glad I got in on the buy stage then!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Aricil

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 12:04:55 »
I initially saw this over on /r/mk as that's my main forum. But, I was just reading the IC and group buy thread here out of excitement. I cannot wait!
Professional amateur.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 14:50:50 »
I initially saw this over on /r/mk as that's my main forum. But, I was just reading the IC and group buy thread here out of excitement. I cannot wait!
You already bought your set right?
Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 14:53:17 »
You already bought your set right?

Let's hope.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 13:55:59 »
Is it here yet?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:33:07 »
Is it here yet?

Is it past October 10th?  :rolleyes:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:42:25 »

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:49:06 »

Offline nugglets

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:55:31 »
Is it here yet?

Is it past October 10th?  :rolleyes:

Yes!

I mean, in the sense that quantum entanglement tells us that every moment in time exists all at once... You're not wrong.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 01:08:53 »
anyone have any opinions on what color board would go well with this? Im thinking about getting an aluminum board and not sure if I should go with black, silver, or CYAN

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 08:14:50 »
I'm planning on matching this with a red top/silver bottom keyboard and seeing how it looks. Red/blue-ish/purple all seem to complement each other.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 09:31:10 »
You can't go wrong with black.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 10:02:43 »
anyone have any opinions on what color board would go well with this? Im thinking about getting an aluminum board and not sure if I should go with black, silver, or CYAN

I would go with cyan if you thought this would be the only set going on the board - or at least that every set would have some cyan in it; otherwise, I would go with black because it will go well with whatever else you decide to swap to.

Personally, I am going with a purple/gunmetal case for similar reasons - I chose the complimentary gunmetal because it would go well with a lot of other sets even thought part of me wanted purple/cyan to match this set.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:22:19 »

I would go with cyan if you thought this would be the only set going on the board - or at least that every set would have some cyan in it; otherwise, I would go with black because it will go well with whatever else you decide to swap to.

Personally, I am going with a purple/gunmetal case for similar reasons - I chose the complimentary gunmetal because it would go well with a lot of other sets even thought part of me wanted purple/cyan to match this set.

For sure man, I mean I'm building a board just for this set so that's what I was thinking. Just wasn't sure if it'd be too much cyan or not ya know? Black seems like the safest option, but there's something about massive cyan that appeals to me haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline graefeln

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:44:40 »

For sure man, I mean I'm building a board just for this set so that's what I was thinking. Just wasn't sure if it'd be too much cyan or not ya know? Black seems like the safest option, but there's something about massive cyan that appeals to me haha

I don't think it would be too much cyan due to the modifiers being the purple keys - if it was the other way around (cyan mods/purple alphas), I think it would be too much. I'd go with the cyan I think...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:10:21 »
In the IC thread there were several renders posted to show case and cap combos.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:15:11 »
In the IC thread there were several renders posted to show case and cap combos.

http://imgur.com/a/x0LRA

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:22:09 »

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:44:10 »
Oh snap thanks!!!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:26:12 »
Somebody please talk me out of getting this set...love this set, don't have any MX boards.. send help.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:34:49 »
Somebody please talk me out of getting this set...love this set, don't have any MX boards.. send help.

Don't get this set!

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:37:03 »
all updates will be on the bottom of kbdist.com/skeletor from now on!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:44:03 »

Sherryton is there any way you guys could make that link a little bit more apparent from the kbdist homepage? Right now I don't have an easy way to get there from the home page, if I wasn't a participant of the GB, I'd say I was none the wiser. Maybe add a tab at the top next to the GB link saying 'Past GB' or something? It might be useful for new comers or indeeed participants of the original GB to have a look at the render and receive updates (I know you guys have a dedicated tab for updates but still...)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:49:13 »

Sherryton is there any way you guys could make that link a little bit more apparent from the kbdist homepage? Right now I don't have an easy way to get there from the home page, if I wasn't a participant of the GB, I'd say I was none the wiser. Maybe add a tab at the top next to the GB link saying 'Past GB' or something? It might be useful for new comers or indeeed participants of the original GB to have a look at the render and receive updates (I know you guys have a dedicated tab for updates but still...)

There isn't even a link to the skeletor GB on the http://www.kbdist.com/ homepage  :-\

EDIT: In fact whoever makes your websites need to do a pass on the hyper links. There are quite a few URLs in plain text that don't link on originative.com  :-\
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:57:36 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 18:45:06 »

There isn't even a link to the skeletor GB on the http://www.kbdist.com/ homepage  :-\

EDIT: In fact whoever makes your websites need to do a pass on the hyper links. There are quite a few URLs in plain text that don't link on originative.com  :-\

My point exactly, the homepage could use some improvements regarding links to past GBs

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 19:53:55 »

My point exactly, the homepage could use some improvements regarding links to past GBs

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely work on it, but it'll take a bit more effort this week.

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:20:05 »
So I've been working on some art to include with the Skeletor set - perhaps as a postcard or small print. I'm not easily offended so if you think it sucks that's fine. I'm going to keep working on ideas but I wanted to share something.

http://imgur.com/a/YuXBA
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:22:10 by sambarugh »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:44:56 »
I bought a keyboard with an 1800 layout and I've been very excited for this keyset to ship, sadness has slowly filled my heart. Can anyone recommend any artisans with a similar colorset so I can fill in the 1800 layout?

Offline breitling

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 23:56:46 »
I bought a keyboard with an 1800 layout and I've been very excited for this keyset to ship, sadness has slowly filled my heart. Can anyone recommend any artisans with a similar colorset so I can fill in the 1800 layout?

This keyset includes all keys for standard 1800 layout.. or do you mean something else?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 00:01:26 »

This keyset includes all keys for standard 1800 layout.. or do you mean something else?

Hmm, don't see R1 delete/end/pg dn. I have RS96, it'll look good regardless.

Offline breitling

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 00:04:29 »

Hmm, don't see R1 delete/end/pg dn. I have RS96, it'll look good regardless.

Ah yeah its missing those three.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 01:07:17 »
So I've been working on some art to include with the Skeletor set - perhaps as a postcard or small print. I'm not easily offended so if you think it sucks that's fine. I'm going to keep working on ideas but I wanted to share something.

http://imgur.com/a/YuXBA

Overall, I think that's pretty cool looking.

But I think the geekhack "sticker" detracts from it. I'm not opposed to something like that, but mostly I think the placement takes away from the overall look IMO.

I like the idea of adding some old school action figure box look with a faux Mattel logo, though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 August 2016, 01:11:51 by nugglets »

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 02:00:00 »
More

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 02:08:54 »
Show Image

I don't care what this ends up as, I want one.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 04:30:52 »

Offline Zophos

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 06:11:18 »
Is there still a way to get a set?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 07:08:53 »

Seems like you can still get a set, just no spacebar packs, via the main link in the OP for a bit of a premium.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 07:38:15 »

Seems like you can still get a set, just no spacebar packs, via the main link in the OP for a bit of a premium.

You can still get individual spacebar packs in the add-on section of the site

Offline nugglets

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 15:07:02 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 16:49:18 »
Show Image

That's a beautiful pic, love where this is going.

Offline jjnist

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 19:05:19 »
I'd just like O-Co to know they are literally killing my wallet with all these GMK buys:)

Offline Data

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 07:18:59 »

This set would kick ass and make all the panties drop on a bright white board.

Offline jjnist

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:47:07 »

This set would kick ass and make all the panties drop on a bright white board.

I don't know, my panties dropped from just seeing the renders in the first place

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 23:22:11 »

Offline Zophos

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 01:01:46 »
I'm planning on ordering a set through originative. Since the group buy is over now, does that mean that I'm not getting any stickers? :)

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 01:53:57 »
I'm planning on ordering a set through originative. Since the group buy is over now, does that mean that I'm not getting any stickers? :)

I think not everyone who was in the GB is getting one either. Fingers crossed! The more I look at this set the more I like it.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 15:48:40 »

I am putting this on mine, I think it'll match close enough:

Anything with at least one of the core colors of the set will look nice though.

I'm excited to see what eat_the_food makes, it'd be awesome if he did a sale that only people in the group buy could participate in (random draw I'm sure).
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline graefeln

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 16:13:48 »
I'm excited to see what eat_the_food makes, it'd be awesome if he did a sale that only people in the group buy could participate in (random draw I'm sure).

He has a sale today and I am kind of wondering if something with the Skeletor colorway will make its way into a couple of gold bags since he posted that teaser here. I may go in for something purple or cyan in the sale anyways...

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 12:38:12 »
Show Image

Yay ETF! Of course saw your giveaway on MM, i hope that wasn't the only one to see the world. Would love to see that puppet master in these colors.