Author Topic: Faulty switches  (Read 2495 times)

Offline NoelIsFirst

Faulty switches
« on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 23:15:25 »
Hi guys. Need some advice on motospeed ck61 https://www.amazon.com/Docooler-MOTOSPEED-Mechanical-Anti-ghosting-Backlight/dp/B07TYLVQV1--- with red outemu switches. It's overall good both for writing and gaming but it came with few faulty switches. I bought them and resolder them, but i think i damaged the PCB because it wont register the right ctrl and I use it quite often. How do I fix the PCB, it's not the new switches, I tried 5 of them on the right ctrl and none would work. Any advice? Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 September 2021, 01:17:17 by NoelIsFirst »

Offline Volny

Re: Faulty switches
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 04:01:30 »
I'm no expert, but I went through something similar, and I can point you to the thread where people helped me fix it. Start reading from a little down the second page: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112237.0

If your ctrl no longer sends a signal, you'll likely be able to still send the ctrl signal by connecting one of the pads with a pad of a nearby key. You'll need to experiment by connecting different pads with a paperclip. Once you find a combination that works, you may need to permanently solder it with a jumper wire. View that thread to get a gist of the procedure, or other threads like it.

Offline yui

Re: Faulty switches
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 05:23:19 »
for us to give you good advice we would need photos of the pcb and damaged area, preferably with low angle lighting so the traces are easier to see, it will be a story of tracing the traces to the next/previous contact in the line and try to short there and see if the keyboard works, or not, with a bit of trial and error it is not too hard, but with nothing to go off of it is a lot less precise.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)