Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 2928 times)

Offline slothritis01

Hello All
« on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 05:24:36 »
Hello All. I'm sloth. Ofc a new member. I'm pretty new to this hobby but man I love it. Never thought a keyboard would bring such joy. I remember it all started for me asking a simple question, "what keyboard should I get for my mac mini" on a reddit post. Someone mentioned Nuphy, from there the rest is history. My first keyboard that I took apart and modded was keychron, still with me today, great keyboard. But from there, it went deeper, from switches to keycaps to stabs. I know have 4 keyboards, a room full of switches and keycaps, and 2 gbs Ive joined. I am excited to see the info this group has and to check out all the upcoming projects.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 06:56:09 »
Welcome to geekhack.

You mentioned you had several keyboards, you mind telling me your current collection?
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline slothritis01

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 07:14:40 »
Welcome to geekhack.

You mentioned you had several keyboards, you mind telling me your current collection?
Yeah sure, nothing special, I have keychron q5, zoom65, zoom75, mode sonnet, mode envoy.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 03:33:28 »
Yeah sure, nothing special, I have keychron q5, zoom65, zoom75, mode sonnet, mode envoy.

I mean I don't have anything special either so it's fine. If you need any recommendations or feelings on new boards. I and many people on geekhack can help, plus people will usually give their opinion on the geekhack IC threads as well.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline spingo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 12:45:19 »

I mean I don't have anything special either so it's fine. If you need any recommendations or feelings on new boards. I and many people on geekhack can help, plus people will usually give their opinion on the geekhack IC threads as well.

I love Mode's boards. I don't have one yet. But that's still a great collection. I have a fair amount of KBD fans boards, and Idabao, and NK65.

Welcome to the club!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 11:47:35 »
Hello All. I'm sloth. Ofc a new member. I'm pretty new to this hobby but man I love it. Never thought a keyboard would bring such joy. I remember it all started for me asking a simple question, "what keyboard should I get for my mac mini" on a reddit post. Someone mentioned Nuphy, from there the rest is history. My first keyboard that I took apart and modded was keychron, still with me today, great keyboard. But from there, it went deeper, from switches to keycaps to stabs. I know have 4 keyboards, a room full of switches and keycaps, and 2 gbs Ive joined. I am excited to see the info this group has and to check out all the upcoming projects.

Welcome! And seconded on spingo's comment, Mode makes good stuff. :thumb: