Author Topic: I joined this site because I'm curious about keyboard copyrights.  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Iamiwon

"I'm a web developer and I've recently become completely obsessed with custom keyboards. I want to create a community site that categorizes people who have the same type of custom keyboards. So, I'd like to allow users to upload custom keyboard images during registration (with the background removed) and let people choose from them. Would uploading such images violate copyright or intellectual property rights? I don't want to end up in jail :'(."

Offline gldtosr

Re: I joined this site because I'm curious about keyboard copyrights.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 March 2024, 08:55:33 »
Ask your local lawyer. They are the only ones who can answer that according to the law …

Offline Iamiwon

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 02:19:42 »
Thank you for reply ;)
((I don't know what I can't believe them... :))

Offline blondie

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 07:01:27 »
Generally speaking, social media sites are not liable for the content posted by their users. I think you would have to be able to respond to copyright takedown requests, but that's about it. But I'm not a lawyer.

Just thinking about what you are trying to do, I suspect you'll have much more challenges before you even have to worry about legal ones. Creating such a web site for one will be a major challenge. Then, getting people to join will be another. People don't care to join a community site that doesn't have people, so you have the chicken-and-egg problem.