Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 360931 times)

Offline Moralless

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 04:33:00 »
Happy to see that this GB is finally in fruition :D Really enjoyed the little history lesson about this keyset.. I had already committed to it the moment I saw it in my email earlier this morning and surprised that success this has gotten on it's first day :eek: almost at 250 orders and there's still 10 days left. I have full confidence that this keyset will make it.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 05:59:32 »
Try $507.00AUD for 3 sets ONLY  8) .

I've just seen some Slomoe's complaining about MASSDROP, lets get this clear right now I've bought lots of stuff from them all through 2014 and this year thus far,  they have never missed sending me EVERYTHING I paid for.  Plus they arrived in perfect packaging without any damage to any of my hardware and clothing.

Some items came in late but at least they still came through PLUS they have the lowest shipping costs of any company in charge of sending items all over the world (fact)  :thumb: .

You do realise you are probably quite crazy? ;)
First good laugh this morning thanks rowdy!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 06:07:29 »
Finally placed my order for 3 sets.  To any unfortunate soul coming to this thread months too late, PM me and I may have one available for sale at slight markup (interest rate charge).   :thumb:

News just in: mods just here to make money

#banhoff2k15

Offline CyriusG

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 06:08:09 »
Happy to see that this GB is finally in fruition :D Really enjoyed the little history lesson about this keyset.. I had already committed to it the moment I saw it in my email earlier this morning and surprised that success this has gotten on it's first day :eek: almost at 250 orders and there's still 10 days left. I have full confidence that this keyset will make it.

We just breached 250 orders.  :thumb:

Offline mz/x

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 06:27:36 »
Yeah sadly it goes to the US and will be re-imported. Intelli spoke to the Massdrop guys so they tag the shipment correctly so German Zoll knows it's a re-import to not get charged twice.

No! I did speak to them, but they do NOT pay VAT when they buy the set. That is up to European buyers. Nobody is getting charged twice, but there's no way around paying taxes.

Thank you for pulling this off!
By any chance, please let the Massdrop guys know that everything that is sent to the EU (including UK) should be marked re-import not just Germany. This will help a lot.
Thanx :-)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 06:58:38 »
Yeah sadly it goes to the US and will be re-imported. Intelli spoke to the Massdrop guys so they tag the shipment correctly so German Zoll knows it's a re-import to not get charged twice.

No! I did speak to them, but they do NOT pay VAT when they buy the set. That is up to European buyers. Nobody is getting charged twice, but there's no way around paying taxes.

By any chance, please let the Massdrop guys know that everything that is sent to the EU (including UK) should be marked re-import not just Germany. This will help a lot.

Please explain further. As I already said, I don't think marking as a "re-import" is going to help you at all, because you wouldn't be paying twice. Massdrop is NOT!! paying VAT, that's up to you when it comes back into the EU, no way to avoid it! If you are talking about some other tax or duty aside from VAT, please clarify.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:30:30 »
Does the price continue to drop if it hits landmarks above 500 such as 750 or 1000?

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:41:15 »
I'm in!!
Order N°10

Really looking forward to the caps! Although I am afraid that with the arrow keys and bottom numpad row not matching the height of the alphas the set will look **** on a Lightsaver, which i was planning to grab. With a gap in between (like on a TKL or 104/5) this wont be a problem. But for all of us, who want to use the set on a compressed board this is a no-go.

Maybe someone can explain me the reasoning, why the arrow and numpad keys were not made R4, seeing that 1u and 2u keys are definitley available in R4

I am really looking forward to these caps, but the fact that I cant use them on the keyboard I want makes me sad :(
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline feizor

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:41:27 »
Does the price continue to drop if it hits landmarks above 500 such as 750 or 1000?

Don't think so. It didn't happen with the granite drop.

Offline feizor

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:42:55 »
I'm in!!
Order N�10

Really looking forward to the caps! Although I am afraid that with the arrow keys and bottom numpad row not matching the height of the alphas the set will look **** on a Lightsaver, which i was planning to grab. With a gap in between (like on a TKL or 104/5) this wont be a problem. But for all of us, who want to use the set on a compressed board this is a no-go.

Maybe someone can explain me the reasoning, why the arrow and numpad keys were not made R4, seeing that 1u and 2u keys are definitley available in R4

I am really looking forward to these caps, but the fact that I cant use them on the keyboard I want makes me sad :(

You can use the 1.5 winkeyless bottom row with the light saver for perfect fitment.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:47:19 »
I wonder of there is actually a limit to sets available. Production limitations or what not.

If GMK operates like I would expect them to, there is no limit.  Bigger production runs are always better for business (fewer changeovers), barring material shortages.  But since we'll be letting them know how many sets we're ordering ahead of time, they'll have all the materials on hand and that won't be an issue.   :thumb:

Finally placed my order for 3 sets.  To any unfortunate soul coming to this thread months too late, PM me and I may have one available for sale at slight markup (interest rate charge).   :thumb:

News just in: mods just here to make money

#banhoff2k15

:(

Offline Want

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:50:47 »
I'm in!!
Order N°10

I kind of like it. I'm also in the IC for the next Lightsaver GB. Since there's no physical space dividing the arrow cluster from the rest of the board, I can imagine it feels divided from the rest of the board because of the different profile. Not that I've knowingly used a set with a profile like this before, but it looks kinda interesting imo.

I'm not all that hype about the colourscheme, but I feel inclined to order a set just out of respect for GMK and intelli78, cause this is a pretty cool thing going on.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:57:50 »
I'm in!!
Order N�10

You can use the 1.5 winkeyless bottom row with the light saver for perfect fitment.

Thanks for the quick answer!

I always thought about ditching the windows key, but never had the courage to take that step. I still use it e.g. for win+l locking my pc when i leave my room. But I guess I could map the few combinations i actually use onto other keybinds and release myself from the horrors of the winkey.  :cool:
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline shawn o

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:00:08 »
Can someone please post a comparison photo showing front and side of Row A (R5) vs Row B (R4) Cherry profiles?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:01:09 »
Lightsaver can use 1x winkeys in winkeyless layout if you don't have arrow keys...  :p

A vs B profile...

« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:04:42 by intelli78 »

Offline motherbrain

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:05:43 »
in for one--commitment number 255.  this is the first set of key caps that I've purchased so I'm pretty excited.. thanks for all the work putting this GB together!

KBT Vortex One MX Green // IBM Model M // Dell AT101W

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:10:48 »
At 256 the drop is now half the way towards its MoQ of 500.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:13:49 »
Great write up Intelli!  I'm excited!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:16:44 »
So, I'm trying to convince myself to order this set. I tell myself I can just use this strictly on winkeyless keyboards, so there will be no mismatched profile.

What's up with this?!?!  CTRL

Is there a historical reason for that?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:21:07 »
If more people would just buy instead of committing we'd be so much better off. It's only a difference of $15 anyway
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:21:54 »
GMK Hyperfuse is the one to beat now. 618 sets sold.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:24:25 »
GMK Hyperfuse is the one to beat now. 618 sets sold.

Interesting. There are a few more GMK's GB to come, though.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:25:08 »
If more people would just buy instead of committing we'd be so much better off. It's only a difference of $15 anyway

Why does it make such a big difference? Is it because it's easier for people to back out of the commitment?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline motherbrain

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:27:08 »

because we have to get to 500 for the run to even happen.  500 is the actual moq
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:28:59 by motherbrain »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:27:11 »

Why does it make such a big difference? Is it because it's easier for people to back out of the commitment?

To drop the drop; even, when an individual has "bought" it, is pretty easy.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:28:45 »
So, I'm trying to convince myself to order this set. I tell myself I can just use this strictly on winkeyless keyboards, so there will be no mismatched profile.

Same with PRTSC

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:29:31 »

I mean, sometimes it's a matter of saving $20 on an item that was originally $60, huge savings for someone who wouldn't really want the thing at MSRP. Here, it just seems like minimal savings on an item that probably won't be available ever again.

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:29:59 »

Same with PRTSC

:facepalm:
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:30:35 »
Ah, to get to the cheapest price tier (actual price).
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:31:46 »

because we have to get to 500 for the run to even happen.  500 is the actual moq
With Massdrop running it, the fact that they had tiers much lower than that tells me that they're just buying it up to MOQ and will sell the extra sets later on

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:35:38 »
It is interesting to see how this ecosystem of KB forums joined by MD is getting the keyboard enthusiast market to a new level; now, even high MoQ products may happen.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:37:28 »
What is up with all the Windows key hate? I'm hoping that one reply in the MD discussion is a troll post, but I see people saying it seriously that having a Windows key ruins a keyset elsewhere. Like, I seriously don't get it. I have never accidentally hit it while gaming, and it serves a rather useful function on the huge number of windows computers, which still dominate marketshare.

I mean, Win 8 logo is a turnoff for me because it's hideously ugly, but the older style curved one looks fine, and keys that say 'Win' don't even have the logo. And I wouldn't not get a set I really liked just because it had Win8 logo win keys.

I just don't get it. I use the Win key several times a day because it's faster to type win+r and then calc or notepad or wordpad than go menu digging for them, or win+e to bring up windows explorer, or win+d to get to the desktop. Running the calculator especially since I can bring that up and use it without ever touching the mouse.

Personally I think the Win 7 logos on these look nice.

And yeah profile difference between bottom row of main section and arrows/numpad doesn't bother me. I'm moving my hand to a completely different section of the board anyway, I'm not even going to *notice* this.

...Hmm, not that I plan to get one of those lightsaver/red scarf type things, but I think I'd actually like a profile difference between mods and the bottom row of the numpad, keep me from accidentally hitting ctrl or 0 when going for the other, I'd think, since there's no gap to tell you you've switched.

I just don't get people. :P Like, all the whining about the ISO layout. People whine constantly on MD about there never being ISO sets, and when one goes up, they whine that it's not their own specific tiny subset only used in their country and a couple others. -_-

Ooh ooh let me try: Whine, there's no 6u spacebar, I can't put this on my Monoprice or Hacker layout Infinity. :P

Yeah, yeah, I know, I just made a post whining about people whining. ;P
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:39:39 »
I'm really surprised about the R4/R5 stuff. Since I'm not going to be using this set on a compressed board like the Lightsaver or Redscarf it's not a deal breaker for me but it just strikes me as strange to cater those keys profiles to such a small niche of users (wkl) when the vast majority of people buying this set are probably going to be installing these on modern winkey boards. Even if other people don't notice it, I will ... and it will always bother me.

Either way I'm excited as hell to get my hands on these, but that profile difference will be one small blemish that slightly detracts from what would otherwise be an absolutely ridiculously awesome key set. That and the seemingly random keys that are all uppercase legends  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:42:43 »
Uppercase legends aren't random. They are copied directly from ANSI TA

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:42:54 »
I'm really surprised about the R4/R5 stuff. Since I'm not going to be using this set on a compressed board like the Lightsaver or Redscarf it's not a deal breaker for me but it just strikes me as strange to cater those keys profiles to such a small niche of users (wkl) when the vast majority of people buying this set are probably going to be installing these on modern winkey boards. Even if other people don't notice it, I will ... and it will always bother me.

Either way I'm excited as hell to get my hands on these, but that profile difference will be one small blemish that slightly detracts from what would otherwise be an absolutely ridiculously awesome key set. That and the seemingly random keys that are all uppercase legends  :))

+1

A set tailored for a few WKL users, when the "average" user (as intelli78 calls them on MD) will be using the mismatched profiles.

in memoriam

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:47:32 »
I kinda like the mismatched profile, though I regret I wouldn't get to  use it because all my boards are 60%.

Maybe I should get more boards...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:50:05 »

+1  I have to agree about the 1.25 profiles not matching, but I will be getting a set or two anyways.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline motherbrain

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:15:44 »
Uppercase legends aren't random. They are copied directly from ANSI TA

Show Image

very nice... this is a thing of beauty!  thanks for your attention to detail!!

Offline Jixr

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:22:00 »
this sucks. I was really hoping that it would be an exact copy, with the qwertz layout instead of the modern one.

It just went from insta-buy to pass.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:29:28 »
this sucks. I was really hoping that it would be an exact copy, with the qwertz layout instead of the modern one.

QWERTZ is a modern layout. It's just in a different language.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline mz/x

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:32:21 »

Please explain further. As I already said, I don't think marking as a "re-import" is going to help you at all, because you wouldn't be paying twice. Massdrop is NOT!! paying VAT, that's up to you when it comes back into the EU, no way to avoid it! If you are talking about some other tax or duty aside from VAT, please clarify.
Yes, the duty. Theoretically it should not have any but a couple of times I was charged duty on keycaps.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:35:21 »
#269 - boom.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:44:54 »

That layout probably wouldn't have made it to production, so it would have been a pass anyway.  At least this set will likely be produced.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:47:56 »

There's just no pleasing you with anything is there?

QWERTZ is such a minority layout that it doesn't really mage sense to do it, especially since QWERTZ is ISO, not ANSI.  A layout like that would alienate almost everyone who would otherwise want the set.  ISO kits are notoriously difficult to tip with SP minimums, a GMK one would have been impossible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:51:07 by nubbinator »

Offline Bomble

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:49:57 »
It's so, so beautiful :( makes me wish I owned a novatouch, or SOMETHING MX-compatable.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:54:44 »
I wasn't planning on ordering this, but I couldn't help myself.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:59:52 »
It's so, so beautiful :( makes me wish I owned a novatouch, or SOMETHING MX-compatable.

This sounds to me like great logic to purchase another keyboard. Don't fight it.....
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:46:43 »
If anyone wants to sell me their WYSE Teal set to get money for this set, I'll be waiting for your PM.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:57:06 »
Under 24 hours and 56% of the way there. Still waiting on vendor orders too.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:04:08 »
If anyone wants to sell me their WYSE Teal set to get money for this set, I'll be waiting for your PM.
Haha, nice plan! ;D