Author Topic: [GB] GMK Classic Beige  (Read 192231 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: [GB] GMK Classic Beige
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 02:39:18 »
I'll never understand why such a fundamental point is overlooked, with some group buys only offering scoops, other offering a dot, and others offering the only logical solution, the raised "homing bar" near the bottom edge on the 'F' and 'J' keys :-)

Is it easy to adapt?

Because you're part of a minority, few people like the homing bar. Also to match the theme of Classic Beige that has no homing bar but scoops.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 03:48:40 »
Non sequitur.

I'll never understand why such a fundamental point is overlooked, with some group buys only offering scoops, other offering a dot, and others offering the only logical solution, the raised "homing bar" near the bottom edge on the 'F' and 'J' keys :-)

Is it easy to adapt?

Because you're part of a minority, few people like the homing bar. Also to match the theme of Classic Beige that has no homing bar but scoops.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:18:45 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:26:17 »
Non sequitur.

Is it easy to adapt?

he's answering your first statement in which you wrongfully assume homing bars are the only logical solution.

yes, it's easy to adapt. yes, you should stop being so aggressive with an opinion and saying baseless things.

i guess it's cool if your goal is to annoy people, but i'm not one to assume
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline intelli78

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:26:53 »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

:thumb:

:))

I know what it is, I am just wondering if Mr. Giorgio also does

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:40:36 »
All the layouts but one are a minority.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:44:27 »

What is the one true layout ? The one to rule them all?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 06:04:22 »
You're all wrong! There shouldn't be scoops or nibs on F or J. Uniformity for life!  :p

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 07:39:53 »
You're all wrong! There shouldn't be scoops or nibs on F or J. Uniformity for life! 
Bro, do you even touch type?

Offline Prelim

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 07:54:43 »
honestly I touch type a lot but I barely feel the scoops lol... I guess I air glide through the caps e magicaly know where they are lol
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:31:10 »

Is it easy to adapt?

F and J have a dash or a deep dish?
F/J are scooped :)

a question about ship ways is that i could only choose first class of USPS but no USPS Priority to ship these keycaps to China.
I want to choose USPS Priority, how i could change the ship ways? thank you
Hey, currently we're just doing USPS First Class for international orders unless it's a larger order. USPS Priority is what we're using for CONUS orders.

If you're having trouble with getting orders, maybe it's time to change the name to Hellgrau.  Sounds badass and is the true name of the set color.
Hellgrau is definitely the all (off-)white colour scheme prelim posted :))

#SCOOPS4LYFE
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline geniekid

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:32:50 »
Everyone has their own tactile preferences but, objectively speaking, one advantage scoops have over bars is coverage.  No matter where my finger is on the cap I can tell it's a scoop, whereas I sometimes miss the bars because they are too close to the bottom of the cap.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:57:25 »

Scoops really aren't a layout.

Have you used scoops before?  If you have, offer some thoughts on why you prefer something else (rather than using the "fact" that homing bars are superior).  If you have not, I think it's time to pick up an old Cherry set to try them out.

IMO, scoops are the best option.  Many agree.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:15:46 »
Scoops are the best.  I think some people either haven't tried them or haven't allowed themselves to get used to them.  Once you do, they're so much easier.  How many people type at the bottom of the keys where the bars are?  Bars are only good at rest, scoops you can always feel.  They make it far easier to touch type.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:16:30 »
And are also much more pleasing to the eye.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:22:20 »
I'll be joining once my Hyperfuse set comes in and I confirm I actually like GMK.

Offline osi

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:25:17 »
I prefer bars on the f and j - scoops don't provide enough of a difference to immediately discern whether or not it is a scooped key. It could be a matter of becoming accustomed however.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:33:30 »
I prefer bars on the f and j - scoops don't provide enough of a difference to immediately discern whether or not it is a scooped key. It could be a matter of becoming accustomed however.

That's how I am. I've been using bars for so long that when I tried scoops I found that I couldn't pinpoint F and J as quickly.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:39:12 »
It's definitely a matter of getting adjusted.  After about a week, I noticed it was easy to tell and my fingers would just fall on the without even trying.  Half the time I'd have to look with bars since I never rest my fingers on the bottom of the key.  With scoops I know every time.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:07:56 »
Scoops were just a new twist for me, and now, after a bit of time, they all work equally well for me.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:33:38 »
I can't spend 150 eur on a set and then waste time to become accustomed to it :-)))

That's how I am. I've been using bars for so long that when I tried scoops I found that I couldn't pinpoint F and J as quickly.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:37:06 »
I can't spend 150 eur on a set and then waste time to become accustomed to it :-)))
Jesus dude.. Just stop..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:38:20 »
It was weird at first, but you get accustomed to it eventually!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:39:48 »
It was a reply to the guy that said that I'm a minority, so I will not be taken into consideration, to which I replied that every layout is a minority, but nonetheless some odd layouts are taken into consideration.

This thing about scoops is fundamental, and is wasn't even taken into consideration. I agree that the group leader has the last word, but at this point it should be clear that interests checks serve the only purpose of building the hype. Nothing else. The renderings are final, everything is final. And nothing is really discussed.

Scoops really aren't a layout.

Have you used scoops before?  If you have, offer some thoughts on why you prefer something else (rather than using the "fact" that homing bars are superior).  If you have not, I think it's time to pick up an old Cherry set to try them out.

IMO, scoops are the best option.  Many agree.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:43:57 »
This thing about scoops is fundamental, and is wasn't even taken into consideration. I agree that the group leader has the last word, but at this point it should be clear that interests checks serve the only purpose of building the hype. Nothing else. The renderings are final, everything is final. And nothing is really discussed.
You know that the 'Regarding classic beige' thread wasn't an IC, right? I just used that to keep people updated. There was a beige IC long before and nobody once mentioned wanting bars or anything other than scoops.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline joey

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:44:52 »
It was clear from the original thread that the layout was final, that should have been understood by everyone.

I can't wait for this set!  :thumb:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:59:31 »
Cherry/GMK love = scoops love

Don't like scoops? Don't buy Cherry/GMK.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Prelim

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:10:11 »
Cherry/GMK love = scoops love

Don't like scoops? Don't buy Cherry/GMK.

x2
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:12:48 »
Did you know that I haven't been on gh for so long? Like I said, it was a thread to build the hype. Nothing wrong.

You know that the 'Regarding classic beige' thread wasn't an IC, right? I just used that to keep people updated. There was a beige IC long before and nobody once mentioned wanting bars or anything other than scoops.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:29:28 »
putting in my order now!

For anyone that's scared due to the TA fiasco: I have a feeling it's due to the custom colors. They ran out of plastic and had to stretch it.

this set doesn't use any fancy made-to-order colors so they should have plenty of plastic to make some nice thick caps that we all love

...at least this is what I'm telling myself!
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline oomph

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:45:06 »
I'm in on both this and RGBK, but I wouldn't expect the plastic mixture to be much better than TA's.

The new run of CMYW has the same issue, and they're all regular colors. Taken from https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74258.0:

Doesn't affect me since I don't use backlit keyboards--but worth mentioning to those who haven't seen recent pics yet.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:03:57 by oomph »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:54:44 »
Okay...so I'm just browsing pictures through GH and I wanted to know if the alphas are the same color as Originative's Classic Beige. Here's a reference link:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.msg1114017#msg1114017

Is it me...or are the alphas more white?

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 13:55:48 »
Okay...so I'm just browsing pictures through GH and I wanted to know if the alphas are the same color as Originative's Classic Beige. Here's a reference link:

I think Originative's are more white, but that's just my eyeballs, like yours.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:37:57 »

I think that's a camera issue. It's hard to capture the real color of the alphas.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #285 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 22:53:44 »
Book a September ended early, ha ha!
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline harlw

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 13:57:15 »
I know this is a longshot but if anyone is interested in trading me the ANSI "Enter" and "\" keys from their set when they ship in exchange for my Cherry GH80 ISOs I would be tickled pink :D

Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Orca

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 05:54:41 »
exchange rate is quite bad for me right  :'(

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:22:37 »
I'm in on both this and RGBK, but I wouldn't expect the plastic thickness to be much better than TA's.

The new run of CMYW has the same issue, and they're all regular colors. Taken from https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74258.0:
Show Image

Doesn't affect me since I don't use backlit keyboards--but worth mentioning to those who haven't seen recent pics yet.

Photekq has already addressed this and will be contacting GMK about it before production. :thumb:

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:04:31 »
WOOT!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:21:25 »
are we tracking MOQ anywhere? Can we get an order count in the OP?

Offline oomph

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:12:05 »
Photekq has already addressed this and will be contacting GMK about it before production. :thumb:

Awesome  :)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:21:32 »
I'm in on both this and RGBK, but I wouldn't expect the plastic thickness to be much better than TA's.

It has already been proven that there is NO difference in the thickness of the TA caps. The light bleed is due to the properties of the plastic mixture, and does not necessarily indicate lower quality.

Offline oomph

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:09:28 »

It has already been proven that there is NO difference in the thickness of the TA caps. The light bleed is due to the properties of the plastic mixture, and does not necessarily indicate lower quality.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Changed my post to plastic mixture

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:39:55 »
right, plastic mixture.

My order no. is 52... are they sequential? Is that a good number for this stage of the buy?

<3 BEIGE
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:44:35 »

it's not you: I bought a set from originative and those alphas are definitely un0001 and not L9. Originative's are considerably brighter.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 19:54:50 »
Absolutely perfect keysets and key selections photeqk everyone buy this ASAP!

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 16:25:00 »
Absolutely fantastic price as well PhoteqK, not only were the keysets perfectly thought out but the prices are fantastic.  Everyone buy multiple sets of these while you can.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 16:28:44 »
I will never doubt you again Photekq

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:34:07 »
Absolutely perfect keysets and key selections photeqk everyone buy this ASAP!

Absolutely fantastic price as well PhoteqK, not only were the keysets perfectly thought out but the prices are fantastic.  Everyone buy multiple sets of these while you can.

I will never doubt you again Photekq

Are you farming posts or why couldn't you say the same thing in a single post?

Please be more careful next time, so the thread doesn't get clogged up  :thumb: