Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3480339 times)

Offline studiovpc

Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #16200 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 08:36:48 »
All in all, get one whichever is cheaper?
That's personal preference. I know little of Rosewill but I would buy the Leopold if it were for myself.

I had a Rosewill several (five-ish?) years ago. At that time, they often had issues with the USB port failing -- that's what happened to mine, I ended up stripping it for parts. Don't know if that's been remedied in more recent batches or not though.

it did, that was RK-9000 model, this is RK-9000v2, the have comletely changed USB port, so no problems there, and the logo is not white anymore, it is matte black so it does not pop into eyes... All in all , I have ordered it, and I am also getting, just a little later, IKBC CD108, and I am also waiting for Carbon keycaps to arrive. Those will be mounted on Rosewill... for IKBC I have a mix of black & white doubleshots

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #16201 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 12:41:11 »
Could someone ID these bearded artisans for me (5th and 7th from the left). Surprised I've never seen them before.

ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #16202 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 19:42:16 »
All in all, get one whichever is cheaper?
That's personal preference. I know little of Rosewill but I would buy the Leopold if it were for myself.

I had a Rosewill several (five-ish?) years ago. At that time, they often had issues with the USB port failing -- that's what happened to mine, I ended up stripping it for parts. Don't know if that's been remedied in more recent batches or not though.

it did, that was RK-9000 model, this is RK-9000v2, the have comletely changed USB port, so no problems there, and the logo is not white anymore, it is matte black so it does not pop into eyes... All in all , I have ordered it, and I am also getting, just a little later, IKBC CD108, and I am also waiting for Carbon keycaps to arrive. Those will be mounted on Rosewill... for IKBC I have a mix of black & white doubleshots

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved then! Other than that, it was a good board. Mine was reds, which I didn't end up liking, but it was fairly solid for the price.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline studiovpc

« Reply #16203 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 01:01:53 »
Quote from: user 18

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved then! Other than that, it was a good board. Mine was reds, which I didn't end up liking, but it was fairly solid for the price.

I have ordered Blue switches version, will see... For now I have Cherry MX Brown and on the other kb Kailh Browns, which have stiffer spring and it is a little bit better than cherry browns (no accidental pressing of the switch like with cherry)...

Offline onlyabyte

• tekbyte
« Reply #16204 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 03:35:07 »
deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 February 2018, 17:01:08 by onlyabyte »
Akko 3087 SA Retro (45g Pink Linears) || Tecware Phantom Cherry BoW (45g Red Linears)

Offline Combonaut

« Reply #16205 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 04:15:53 »
Hi All,

I've just put together a Satan60 and am having some trouble with programming.
How do I add a split shift in?
When I make my hex file in msys2, it says ""KEYMAP_COMBOKB" passed 63 arguments, but takes just 62"
Does that mean the PCB can only handle 62 keys?

Cheers!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16206 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 04:36:51 »
Welcome to GH Combonaut :)

I'm not familiar with msys2 but that sounds like a tmk/qmk error which happens when you use the wrong layout.  If there's a hole on the PCB you can certainly put a switch in there...

If you aren't fussy about what firmware you use or just want to test the board while waiting for help (most users are American and asleep at the moment) EasyAVR is an option.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #16207 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 04:59:26 »
it says ""KEYMAP_COMBOKB" passed 63 arguments, but takes just 62"
Make sure you don't have any commas at the end of the array.
e.g. like this:
Code: [Select]
KC_LALT, KC_SPACE, KC_LCTLRather than:
Code: [Select]
KC_LALT, KC_SPACE, KC_LCTL,
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Combonaut

« Reply #16208 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 05:43:15 »
Thanks guys,

TalkingTree, when you say end of an array is that each row?
Might try to mod someone else's keymap first suicidal_orange, as msys is the only firmware I've used so far!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #16209 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 05:58:47 »
TalkingTree, when you say end of an array is that each row?
Last row. That's where actually the array ends. Rows are broken into different lines for the human user convenience, that's why you see a backslash at the end of every row but the last one.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16210 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 07:35:11 »
If I am to practice soldering, where can I get some cheap stuff to solder on that I can try out?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #16211 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 08:33:52 »
If I am to practice soldering, where can I get some cheap stuff to solder on that I can try out?

Ebay should have some used boards you could get for a cheap price.
I used some of my cheaper mech boards to practice on.
You could buy a really cheap board just to practice on, or they have soldering practice kits on ebay and amazon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2018, 08:35:58 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16212 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 09:27:58 »
Any dead electronic device will do so have a look at a recycling centre - the power supplies in pretty much everything have through hole capacitors which are much like switch pins when it comes to desoldering.  Just make sure they've been unplugged for days, getting shocked by mains powered caps still hurts!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #16213 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 10:48:30 »
I practiced soldering on none other than an old VCR I had laying around at the time. You'll gradually get better at it the more you do it.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16214 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 04:17:31 »
Expanding on that, any tips for a beginner soldering station?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #16215 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 05:17:49 »

Depends on how serious you are about soldering in the future. If it's a skill that you will maintain and upkeep, I highly recommend the Aoyue 701A++ (http://amzn.to/2sINInn). The Aoyue is a Hakko clone that is very close to Hakko quality for much cheaper. The iron comes with a vacuum to remove solder fumes and the station comes with a desoldering gun as well which makes desoldering take about 1/4 as long as using an iron and pump/wick. I use the Aoyue for everything and the temperature control is an excellent feature.

If you think you'll solder just once and probably never pick it up again, I did my first few boards with a Weller SP40NUS (http://amzn.to/2BIu8uf) and used a cheap iron stand and desoldering pump with it.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #16216 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 05:44:51 »

Depends on how serious you are about soldering in the future. If it's a skill that you will maintain and upkeep, I highly recommend the Aoyue 701A++ (http://amzn.to/2sINInn). The Aoyue is a Hakko clone that is very close to Hakko quality for much cheaper. The iron comes with a vacuum to remove solder fumes and the station comes with a desoldering gun as well which makes desoldering take about 1/4 as long as using an iron and pump/wick. I use the Aoyue for everything and the temperature control is an excellent feature.

If you think you'll solder just once and probably never pick it up again, I did my first few boards with a Weller SP40NUS (http://amzn.to/2BIu8uf) and used a cheap iron stand and desoldering pump with it.
I´d say get something with a thermometer, that way it's much easier to receive advice if you haven't soldered before :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16217 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 09:59:15 »

I´d say get something with a thermometer, that way it's much easier to receive advice if you haven't soldered before :)
Alright I found one in my country with a thermometer.
Seems like a decent entry-level station so I'm going to try it out.
I can't seem to find the one you've mentioned in my country Blaise. But I'll consider getting it off Aliexpress or something similar if this is for me.
Thank you guys for your advice.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #16218 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 10:12:21 »
It might be the case that you can find Hakkos in Denmark. Considering the shipping costs to get an Aoyue there, it would probably make a lot more sense if you just bought a Hakko. Granted, they are expensive but worth it for serious soldering. Looks like this site might have what you need. https://www.cypax.dk/hakko

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16219 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 01:25:19 »
It might be the case that you can find Hakkos in Denmark. Considering the shipping costs to get an Aoyue there, it would probably make a lot more sense if you just bought a Hakko. Granted, they are expensive but worth it for serious soldering. Looks like this site might have what you need. https://www.cypax.dk/hakko
Thank you for the link. I found one in my price range in there and I'll consider getting it.

I just realized that there's a plate in the DIY kit I bought and I purchased PCB zealio switches. Looks like I've gotta mod all 100 of the switches I bought.
Womp womp.  :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16220 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 05:25:00 »

Thank you for the link. I found one in my price range in there and I'll consider getting it.

I just realized that there's a plate in the DIY kit I bought and I purchased PCB zealio switches. Looks like I've gotta mod all 100 of the switches I bought.

Does the PCB not have the holes for the switch legs to fit in?

Using PCB mount switches with a plate isn't an issue if the PCB has the extra leg holes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16221 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 06:09:50 »

Does the PCB not have the holes for the switch legs to fit in?

Using PCB mount switches with a plate isn't an issue if the PCB has the extra leg holes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't have the PCB yet, but I'll definitely check for that before I start modding the switches, thank you.

Offline mikehotel

« Reply #16222 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:16:49 »
I think I just broke one of the switches under the shift key on my Leopold MX Brown board. I'm somewhat new to this so it could just be that it's normal for the switch to come out of the socket. I pulled the keycap off and the left switch (of the 3) got pulled out off the stabilizer under the board. The other two are still in place.

How can I fix it? Do I need to re-assemble the board? Please tell me  no.
Images attached here: https://imgur.com/a/LwXJa
You'll notice the left switch is elevated, because it's not depressed underneath as the one on the right is. That's the problematic one, on the left
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:24:46 by mikehotel »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #16223 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:31:16 »
I think I just broke one of the switches under the shift key on my Leopold MX Brown board. I'm somewhat new to this so it could just be that it's normal for the switch to come out of the socket. I pulled the keycap off and the left switch (of the 3) got pulled out off the stabilizer under the board. The other two are still in place.

You'll notice the left switch is elevated, because it's not depressed underneath as the one on the right is. That's the problematic one, on the left

With the keycap off, pull the right side stabilizer insert (the grey inner part) up. At the same time, reach in on the left side with a small flat blade screwdriver and try to re-seat the wire inside the insert on the left side. Then you'll need to try and *click* the wire back into the clip part of the stabilizer housing. It would be easier to visualize it if you had one there you could look at. Worst case, you have to desolder that one switch and remove it, remove the stabilizer from the plate, assemble the stabilizer, clip stabilizer into the plate, then re-insert the switch and solder it in.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline yuppie

« Reply #16224 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:32:27 »
Why are some OTD keyboards valued over $10k? or why are they valued so high?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #16225 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:34:41 »

Rarity. Korea-only availability, etc.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline yuppie

« Reply #16226 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 12:25:10 »

Rarity. Korea-only availability, etc.

Acoustics?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline mikehotel

« Reply #16227 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 12:27:42 »

With the keycap off, pull the right side stabilizer insert (the grey inner part) up. At the same time, reach in on the left side with a small flat blade screwdriver and try to re-seat the wire inside the insert on the left side. Then you'll need to try and *click* the wire back into the clip part of the stabilizer housing. It would be easier to visualize it if you had one there you could look at. Worst case, you have to desolder that one switch and remove it, remove the stabilizer from the plate, assemble the stabilizer, clip stabilizer into the plate, then re-insert the switch and solder it in.

Didn't fully grasp that. What I've done is try to lift the silver stabilizer (resembling a costar stabilizer) under the switch to the point where I can fit the switch mount (not sure what it's called, the lack plastic piece I showed in the picture) into it. Hasn't worked thus far.

Can I pull off the right switch, so that I can then life the silver stabilizer bar up completely, and then re-seat both of the plastic pieces?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #16228 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:23:58 »
Didn't fully grasp that. What I've done is try to lift the silver stabilizer (resembling a costar stabilizer) under the switch to the point where I can fit the switch mount (not sure what it's called, the lack plastic piece I showed in the picture) into it. Hasn't worked thus far.

Can I pull off the right switch, so that I can then life the silver stabilizer bar up completely, and then re-seat both of the plastic pieces?

Right, you have to do that AND you have to snap the bar into the part of the stabilizer housing where it clips in. It's almost impossible to see this junction on a plate mounted stabilizer, so I'll show you where it clips in on this image of a PCB mount stabilizer:

in memoriam

Offline mikehotel

« Reply #16229 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:30:27 »
Ok, I'll work on that, thanks.

I'm having trouble pulling off the right switch mount (the one that I never had a problem with). Is there a direction I should pull in to remove it so I can then play with the stabilizer bar?

Edit: I posted more pictures here of the left switch mount piece I'm referring to (the one that came out).
Did I break it, or does it look ok?

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/FTdOZ
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:43:14 by mikehotel »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #16230 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:02:00 »
Ok, I'll work on that, thanks.

I'm having trouble pulling off the right switch mount (the one that I never had a problem with). Is there a direction I should pull in to remove it so I can then play with the stabilizer bar?

Edit: I posted more pictures here of the left switch mount piece I'm referring to (the one that came out).
Did I break it, or does it look ok?

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/FTdOZ

It might be broken, as they usually have two little "feet" on the bottom. But it should still work. People clip stabilizers all the time.

in memoriam

Offline mikehotel

« Reply #16231 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:29:03 »
Ok, I have a flathead screw driver. Just need to get this right one off
Also, which way does this piece face? The one I was holding in the most recent image. Is the back piece with the tail supposed to face up or down?
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:37:33 by mikehotel »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #16232 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:42:06 »
There should be a side with two square holes, and that's the side the wire goes into.

in memoriam

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #16233 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 11:55:02 »
I'm planning to order a m60-a when it's available in march and am trying to order my switches (and stabilizers?) beforehand so I get everything in before the case arrives. I got some questions regarding that:

• will zealios fit the hot swap pcb, which the m60-a uses?
  • which stabilizers should I get - do I even need any?
  • zealios 67g vs zilen zealios 67g?

thanks for your help!
TGR Jane V2

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16234 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 12:22:11 »
I'm planning to order a m60-a when it's available in march and am trying to order my switches (and stabilizers?) beforehand so I get everything in before the case arrives. I got some questions regarding that:

thanks for your help!

Not sure what PCB the M60-A uses - I see a picture of a keyboard that looks like a HHKB layout on RAMA's facebook but nothing else, so I'll keep it general.

Basically any key that's bigger than 1.75u and smaller than 3u needs a 2u stabiliser.  On a standard ISO board that's one each for backspace, right shift and enter.  For the HHKB layout you would only need one for Enter and one for left shift.  Or you could probably have a hybrid with an ISO left shift, PCB permitting (most PCBs support ISO) or a standard backspace... the joys of a custom board :)

In addition to this if you're planning on having a big space bar you'll need either a 6.25u (standard) or 7u stabiliser to match, or if you go for a split spacebar you'll need two more 2u ones.

Zealio pins are standard size so should fit the hot swap sockets.

I won't comment on choice of switch as that's personal preference.  Unless someone who sits near you would like your board to be quiet...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #16235 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 13:01:30 »

Thanks for your answers! Zeal has a stabiliser set as groupbuy, which includes 2 2u stabilizers and 1x6,25 u + 1x7u, with that I should be able to build either, right?

thanks for your help!

Not sure what PCB the M60-A uses - I see a picture of a keyboard that looks like a HHKB layout on RAMA's facebook but nothing else, so I'll keep it general.

Basically any key that's bigger than 1.75u and smaller than 3u needs a 2u stabiliser.  On a standard ISO board that's one each for backspace, right shift and enter.  For the HHKB layout you would only need one for Enter and one for left shift.  Or you could probably have a hybrid with an ISO left shift, PCB permitting (most PCBs support ISO) or a standard backspace... the joys of a custom board :)

In addition to this if you're planning on having a big space bar you'll need either a 6.25u (standard) or 7u stabiliser to match, or if you go for a split spacebar you'll need two more 2u ones.

Zealio pins are standard size so should fit the hot swap sockets.

I won't comment on choice of switch as that's personal preference.  Unless someone who sits near you would like your board to be quiet...
TGR Jane V2

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16236 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 13:09:38 »
Thanks for your answers! Zeal has a stabiliser set as groupbuy, which includes 2 2u stabilizers and 1x6,25 u + 1x7u, with that I should be able to build either, right?

thanks for your help!
Yes that will build the HHKB layout shown so if it's a fixed layout you're good :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline enchong

« Reply #16237 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:25:49 »
I'm planning to switch to HHK Pro, right now, I'm using a TKL keyboard. I want to map my keys like the HHK. this means that I want my arrow keys to be in the letters area. The reason I want to do this is that I want to test the HHK layout before I buy it. Any suggestions on how I can do this. I'm using a realforce TKL right now.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #16238 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:27:10 »
I'm planning to switch to HHK Pro, right now, I'm using a TKL keyboard. I want to map my keys like the HHK. this means that I want my arrow keys to be in the letters area. The reason I want to do this is that I want to test the HHK layout before I buy it. Any suggestions on how I can do this. I'm using a realforce TKL right now.
I would use an auto hotkey script for that :)

Offline enchong

« Reply #16239 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:35:58 »

Did you mean AutoHotkey script ?
https://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #16240 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:44:40 »

Yes or a similar program, AHK is a good program tho!

Offline enchong

« Reply #16241 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 14:08:03 »

Yes or a similar program, AHK is a good program tho!

I found a nice script online that mimics the HHK then I modified it to disable everything else like the arrow keys home/end f1-f12 etc.

https://github.com/lancecontreras/boilerplate/blob/master/AutoHotkey.ahk

Offline gorauskas

« Reply #16242 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:55:16 »
Is this good lube for one's switches? 
Krytox GPL 202 https://www.amazon.com/Chemours-D12428324-Krytox-GPL202-Grease/dp/B073Y56KCF
It will go on Kailh Box Black switches.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #16243 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 02:00:50 »
I'm not sure if it has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. So here goes:

Let's say I have artisan keycaps made of clear resin (think JellyKey, Latrialum, BreakWood), will it get hazy/opaque (loses its shine) over time with normal use?
If yes, any household item I can use to buff it back to original shine?
Some recommended toothpaste but I'm not sure if it has abrasives in it. Will something like NOVUS work?

Thanks!

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #16244 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 03:58:12 »
How do you remove the spacebar of the model f at? You just pull, or does it require some magic like the model f xt? thanks

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16245 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 07:52:50 »
How do you remove the spacebar of the model f at? You just pull, or does it require some magic like the model f xt? thanks

It is mostly the same. There is a long black "undercarriage" that must be installed from below.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #16246 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 08:40:11 »

It is mostly the same. There is a long black "undercarriage" that must be installed from below.

Thanks, I'll open the plates and then work from below. I thought that you could just pull the spacebar like other caps but it didn't move...

Offline monkt

« Reply #16247 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 12:37:25 »
I've noticed that on mechanicalkeyboards.com some of their switch options are labeled like this: (Clear Cherry MX / Chinese: White)
Are these any different than regular clear cherry switches ?

Here's an example: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1895

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #16248 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 13:23:47 »
I've noticed that on mechanicalkeyboards.com some of their switch options are labeled like this: (Clear Cherry MX / Chinese: White)
Are these any different than regular clear cherry switches ?

Here's an example: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1895

That's just a matter of Chinese terminology / script. In Chinese, MX Clears are "white axis" and MX Whites are "milk axis".

Offline monkt

« Reply #16249 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 21:04:30 »
That's just a matter of Chinese terminology / script. In Chinese, MX Clears are "white axis" and MX Whites are "milk axis".

Thank you!