Author Topic: Consoles vs pc?  (Read 50447 times)

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
Re: Consoles vs pc?
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:24:21 »
Well consoles only have exclusive titles so that people will buy them... On PC there aren't that many exclusives that people know about. Even the next generation of consoles is still slower than PCs, people are always talking about the new consoles will be better than PCs. I somehow doubt that they will be better than PC. GTA 5 not being released on PC is kind of silly in my mind they should have released it with the consoles though. They could have made more money. Console you also have to deal with 5 year olds screaming in your ear when in game if you kill them more than once.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:48:37 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

I used to use Windows 2000. It's not actually that bad. Not much modern software will run on it, but it was fun to play NWN on! We could only play mechwarrior 4 on the XP machine, though.

IT'S CERTAINLY MUCH BETTER THAN WINDOWS 8, ISN'T IT?

If Windows 2000 is so good, how come it doesn't have a spot in your signature?

I couldn't find a Windows 2000-related picture that would fit in there well.

LOL I turned signature viewing off.

PROBABLY BECAUSE YOUR SLOW MAC COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE GIF IMAGES IN MY SIGNATURE.

It can, but your signature made my eyes bleed.

THAT'S BECAUSE SAFARI WON'T RENDER THE IMAGES RIGHT. MY SIGNATURE IS INTENDED TO BE VIEWED ONLY WITH INTERNET EXPLORER, YOU KNOW.

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

THAT'S STILL NOT INTERNET EXPLORER. YOU NEED TO USE AN APPROVED BROWSER TO VIEW MY SIGNATURE CORRECTLY.

That's the point - I have turned signatures off, so I don't need to see them, consequently I am not constrained by any particular browser requirements.

And btw Internet Explorer did run on Macs - back in the old OS 9 days (pre-OS X).  My old PowerMac AV8400 something has Internet Explorer on it.

INTERNET EXPLORER DOESN'T RUN ON TODAY'S INTEL MACS WITH MAC OS X. YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE MAC OS X IS TERRIBLE! IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO RUN IE6.

Let's keep this chain going! Let's make this the most nested conversion in history!

Does anyone know if the ERGODOX is compatible with Playstation 3?

I want to test it out, but i'm scared of killing my ergodox...  I don't give a sh17 if I break my Ps3.

I think the Ergodox should act just like any other USB keyboard to a computer/gaming system. Why not plug it in and find out?

I just said, I'm scared of breaking my egdx

If it is a USB keyboard, and a regular USB port on the PS3, there is practically no chance that it will break your ergodox.

I agree--it should work fine! And don't be scared of breaking keyboards anyways...I do that all the time! Being scared is for wimps. And don't be a wimp--use Windows 98 instead!

I thought that you were on 2000? ???

I run 'em both. I've got machines in my personal fleet of computers running Windows 3.1, NT4, 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7 and 8. The Windows 3.1 one is the best hands down. And Windows 98 and 2000 are a very close second!

I'm not scared of breaking a keyboard.  I am scared of breaking my Ergodox... It is not just a keyboard.... I love it.....
Show Image

Just plug it in! It's not going to break it.

totally. It can't possibly break. If it does, just buy a new one. (Why don't you have more than one, anyways?)

You don't just "buy" an ergodox. You've gotta wait for a gb and then assemble it yourself.

I agree though. It's not gonna break.

Show Image

You know, I was gonna make that in my original reply, but I was too lazy.

It's OK.

Anyways, PC MASTER RACE. ALL PRAISE GABEN

ALSO: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=537

You CAN buy an Ergodox (PCB).

And so what if the ergodox breaks? If it gets shorted or something, all that will happen is it'll fry the controller. The PCB's and key structure should be fine. Just swap controllers and you'll be good to go again.

this desoldering job is quite hard, there are many pins, and you might fry the traces.

What the heck? Desoldering through hole pins is not hard. And if you do fry a trace, you can greenwire it.

ALL I SAY IS JUST DON'T BE A WIMP. PLUG IN THE DARN KEYBOARD AND GET OVER IT. IF IT'S SUCH A GOOD KEYBOARD, IT WON'T EXPLODE WHEN YOU PLUG IT INTO A PLAY STATION.

WHY WOULD YOU USE A PLAYSTATION IN THE FIRST PLACE? PC MASTER RACE!

That's right. WHY WOULD ANYBODY USE A PLAYSTATION ANYWAYS? THEY DON'T RUN WINDOWS 98.

Not to mention the lack of resolution options.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:44:38 »
Are we trying to crash the forum with excessive quoting?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 20:11:57 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

I used to use Windows 2000. It's not actually that bad. Not much modern software will run on it, but it was fun to play NWN on! We could only play mechwarrior 4 on the XP machine, though.

PROBABLY BECAUSE YOUR SLOW MAC COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE GIF IMAGES IN MY SIGNATURE.

THAT'S BECAUSE SAFARI WON'T RENDER THE IMAGES RIGHT. MY SIGNATURE IS INTENDED TO BE VIEWED ONLY WITH INTERNET EXPLORER, YOU KNOW.

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

THAT'S STILL NOT INTERNET EXPLORER. YOU NEED TO USE AN APPROVED BROWSER TO VIEW MY SIGNATURE CORRECTLY.

That's the point - I have turned signatures off, so I don't need to see them, consequently I am not constrained by any particular browser requirements.

And btw Internet Explorer did run on Macs - back in the old OS 9 days (pre-OS X).  My old PowerMac AV8400 something has Internet Explorer on it.

INTERNET EXPLORER DOESN'T RUN ON TODAY'S INTEL MACS WITH MAC OS X. YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE MAC OS X IS TERRIBLE! IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO RUN IE6.

Let's keep this chain going! Let's make this the most nested conversion in history!

I want to test it out, but i'm scared of killing my ergodox...  I don't give a sh17 if I break my Ps3.

I think the Ergodox should act just like any other USB keyboard to a computer/gaming system. Why not plug it in and find out?

If it is a USB keyboard, and a regular USB port on the PS3, there is practically no chance that it will break your ergodox.

I agree--it should work fine! And don't be scared of breaking keyboards anyways...I do that all the time! Being scared is for wimps. And don't be a wimp--use Windows 98 instead!

I run 'em both. I've got machines in my personal fleet of computers running Windows 3.1, NT4, 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7 and 8. The Windows 3.1 one is the best hands down. And Windows 98 and 2000 are a very close second!

I'm not scared of breaking a keyboard.  I am scared of breaking my Ergodox... It is not just a keyboard.... I love it.....
Show Image

totally. It can't possibly break. If it does, just buy a new one. (Why don't you have more than one, anyways?)

You don't just "buy" an ergodox. You've gotta wait for a gb and then assemble it yourself.

Show Image

It's OK.

And so what if the ergodox breaks? If it gets shorted or something, all that will happen is it'll fry the controller. The PCB's and key structure should be fine. Just swap controllers and you'll be good to go again.

this desoldering job is quite hard, there are many pins, and you might fry the traces.

What the heck? Desoldering through hole pins is not hard. And if you do fry a trace, you can greenwire it.

ALL I SAY IS JUST DON'T BE A WIMP. PLUG IN THE DARN KEYBOARD AND GET OVER IT. IF IT'S SUCH A GOOD KEYBOARD, IT WON'T EXPLODE WHEN YOU PLUG IT INTO A PLAY STATION.

That's right. WHY WOULD ANYBODY USE A PLAYSTATION ANYWAYS? THEY DON'T RUN WINDOWS 98.

That is true--I do like to run my computers on a variety of different displays. Especially on LCD's (although my fleet is mostly CRT's), having the right resolution is important. A good reason to use a computer running Windows rather than a Play-station!

Are we trying to crash the forum with excessive quoting?

It'll only crash if you're using Mac OS X. If you used Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98, it would handle quoting perfectly fine!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline inteli722

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 20:56:00 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

That is true--I do like to run my computers on a variety of different displays. Especially on LCD's (although my fleet is mostly CRT's), having the right resolution is important. A good reason to use a computer running Windows rather than a Play-station!

I really don't know why you'd play games on something other than a PC.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 20:59:33 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

I just wanna see this thing get really weird.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:09:49 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Well I think you have just seen it get really weird.
More

Offline yester64

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 12:53:31 »
I think i get eye cancer from all this quoting.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline inteli722

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 13:12:20 »

Just deal with it. I want to see horizontal scroll bars in the central quotes on my 1920x1200 monitor.
More

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 13:16:01 »
Used mostly playstation until I started playing WoW, since then it's been PC all the way.
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline yester64

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 20:56:03 »

Just deal with it. I want to see horizontal scroll bars in the central quotes on my 1920x1200 monitor.

Nah, you don't get these either. :)

Offline yester64

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 20:57:23 »
Actually, i did not appreciate the awesome graphics effect from the quotes. Looks awesome... :)

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:48:20 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Weird is in the eyes of the beholder...
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:49:34 »
Not gonna lie, that^ is pretty great...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline inteli722

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 20:30:20 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

ENOUGH OFF TOPIC! I STILL WANT TO SEE HORIZONTAL SCROLL BARS ON MY MONITOR!

Like I said before, PCs beat consoles in every area except some petty exclusives and relative ease of setup.
More

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:42:36 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Like I said before, PCs beat consoles in every area except some petty exclusives and relative ease of setup.

I really can't think of any reason to buy a console over a PC except for the price and being able to play with multiple people on one system.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 00:30:08 »
Cool it with the ****ing quotes what the actual ****?

Offline Ryan Uber

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 00:49:50 »
Skipped this whole page due to quotes - so someone might have already said this but, consoles are actually pretty cool if you have people over. It does not matter if you are a nerd or not - if someone is over at your house for dinner or beers or whatever, if you put Mario on, someone is going to play it. Put on Wii Bowling and people will get mad intense about competition (maybe its actually the beers, but its good fun).

I knew a guy once at an apartment complex I lived in when I was 21. He would stand outside on his balcony smoking cigarettes all night. One night we were all drunk, and someone put on Wii bowling. I bowled my round and stepped outside for a smoke, and saw this guy out on his balcony. We talked for a few minutes, and I asked him if he wanted to bowl my next round. He said sure and I threw him the remote. He gutter ball'ed it but we both had a good laugh, I invited him over, and we are still friends today.

PC or console or whatever, to me great games bring people together.

Offline SNF

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:04:17 »
I've always loved & owned many consoles as a kid growing up, nes/gameboy/sega/snes/etc.

I've played a few pc games also as a kid but it wasn't until I stumbled across Counter-Strike that striked up my PC Gaming addiction, for me PC gaming is much more competitive and more broad because you get to play people around the world.

Tried to get back into console gaming a few times, couldn't do it, they ended up collecting dust.

PC Master Race  :thumb:

Still got much love for the consoles though  :cool:

Offline inteli722

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:50:04 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

I really can't think of any reason to buy a console over a PC except for the price and being able to play with multiple people on one system.

Price is debatable, as I've seen some builds that could match next-gen consoles for the same price.

As for the multiple people thing, I'm just waiting for the steam box.
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 07:50:04 »
I use PC for almost everything. I only go console for racing games, cause triggers let choose how much you accelerate, and even then I just hook up a controller to my PC and use steam big picture.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:40:05 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Price is debatable, as I've seen some builds that could match next-gen consoles for the same price.

I think they're all overpriced. Why not just use Windows 98 for gaming?

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:19:51 »
I've played a few pc games also as a kid but it wasn't until I stumbled across Counter-Strike that striked up my PC Gaming addiction, for me PC gaming is much more competitive and more broad because you get to play people around the world.

How is it more broad? On console you play with people from all around the world as well. I'm in a Battlefield clan on console and PC, and just in our console department we have members from 10 different countries over 4 continents.

Yes, PC is more competitive, but it's also full of cheaters and glitchers. Some servers in Battlefield are simply unplayable because of all the damned glitchers. Yes, some people on console use lag switches, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is on PC. At least on console it's a more even playing field, with everyone using the same graphics, sounds, frame rates and controls.

Watch this :

You don't get this on console. EVER.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline inteli722

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:10:54 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Man, Windows 98 was the ****. Everything should run it.
More

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 23:12:07 »
Console for fps except half life. Gta also. Console only games like last of us. PC for steam games . Skyrim. Outlast. Half life..

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 03:22:31 »
PC for everything except Forza 4... But that's only because Forza 4 is Xbox 360 only.

I get really pissed off at the industry when you get "new" games for PC that are actually ports from console versions, because consoles games make more money for the distributors... REALLY pissed off. When a game (which should work best on PC due to the game genre / style) is designed for console and then ported to PC, it never turns out well. The controls are usually piss poor. And it's happening WAY too much nowadays.

Good example is Bioshock. It was unplayable until they eventually fixed mouse acceleration (this was on top of any your mouse sensor, driver or Windows has). Couldn't turn it off. When I started playing I couldn't figure out why I couldn't aim properly until I did a little movement test. The rest of the interface was also a bit awkward due to being designed first for a controller, not mouse and keyboard. I uninstalled it and have never gone back to finish it. Didn't bother with number 2 or Infinite either.

Also, console hardware is cheap, but games are expensive. Should be the other way around, IMO. If you buy a console and 10 games at full price you could get very decent PC and the same games for the same price and the PC's graphics and usefulness will kick the console's  ass.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:12:55 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Man, Windows 98 was the ****. Everything should run it.

Finally....somebody's talking some sense on here! Well said.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 14:49:56 »
holy quotes batman! anyhoo, I really want to play gears of war but don't have an xbox. Anyone play the old PC version, is it any good?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 14:53:37 »
where did microsoft windows go? I miss him :'( We never got the GB for the mousepads

Offline inteli722

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 15:45:33 »
holy quotes batman! anyhoo, I really want to play gears of war but don't have an xbox. Anyone play the old PC version, is it any good?

I heard the PC Port is absolute ****. It's a shame, too. I would've bought it if someone had modded it to "Top Gears of War" so I could rip things to shreds as James May.
More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 15:50:13 »
I heard the PC Port is absolute ****. It's a shame, too. I would've bought it if someone had modded it to "Top Gears of War" so I could rip things to shreds as James May.

oh well, thanks for the info.

Offline luminor

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:13:55 »
i started with Nintendo when i was a kid, SEGA, Super Nintendo, PS1, XBox, PS2, Wii, PS3 but always went back to PC in the end of the day.

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 14:50:43 »
I thought people stopped talking about this a long time ago.

console - if you just wanna play games for cheap, consoles are a dream

pcs - cost a lot, require building it yourself, more unstable but you can play indie games, console games and just use it as a computer.
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 17:17:38 »

pcs - cost a lot, require building it yourself, more unstable but you can play indie games, console games and just use it as a computer.

have you played "defender's quest" ?? 

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 18:19:05 »

have you played "defender's quest" ?? 
Show Image

er, no
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:29:22 »

/thread

/sarcasm
More

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:28:13 »

Well.... no.

Console costs less to buy, but games are (sometimes a lot) more expensive (for the exact same title). Buy 20 titles and you're past the breakeven point. Consoles are for people who want to pop a disc in and play, casual gaming style. Some consoles are really great for social gaming (with all the people using the same machine).

PC costs more initially, but games are much cheaper. PC's are for people who want to do more than just play games, or play games with more control / better options.

With a PC, if you want better graphics, smoother gameplay, whatever, you upgrade it. With a console you just have to live with it.

Different markets, different styles, each has its place. Some genres / games work better on console (arcade style games, some driving games, etc), some work better on PC (simulators, FPS, MMORPG's, etc.).

I have (and use) both. But PC is better
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 06:11:36 »

Well.... no.

Console costs less to buy, but games are (sometimes a lot) more expensive (for the exact same title). Buy 20 titles and you're past the breakeven point. Consoles are for people who want to pop a disc in and play, casual gaming style. Some consoles are really great for social gaming (with all the people using the same machine).

PC costs more initially, but games are much cheaper. PC's are for people who want to do more than just play games, or play games with more control / better options.

With a PC, if you want better graphics, smoother gameplay, whatever, you upgrade it. With a console you just have to live with it.

Different markets, different styles, each has its place. Some genres / games work better on console (arcade style games, some driving games, etc), some work better on PC (simulators, FPS, MMORPG's, etc.).

I have (and use) both. But PC is better

Pretty much this. One thing I like about consoles for example is that it's an even playing field for everyone say, on Battlefield. Everyone has the same graphics and controls.

But obviously PC is better.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 06:14:31 »
This was really more of a joke-Thread. I didn't even notice there was 7 pages of posts.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 06:16:19 »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:49:32 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

That is why you need to play ALL of your games on a PC. Consoles are useless compared to machines running Windows. Windows is the future of computing, after all. Get with the 21st century!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:50:12 »
Linux is the future of gayming.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:52:13 »

NO IT IS NOT. WINDOWS IS THE FUTURE OF EVERYTHING. YOU ARE WRONG. END OF DISCUSSION.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:56:01 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

That is why you need to play ALL of your games on a PC. Consoles are useless compared to machines running Windows. Windows is the future of computing, after all. Get with the 21st century!

HOLY QUOTE PYRAMID BATMAN! I forgot this existed!
More

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:58:05 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Can it Robin, I'm trying to have a serious conversation here.

NO IT IS NOT. WINDOWS IS THE FUTURE OF EVERYTHING. YOU ARE WRONG. END OF DISCUSSION.

Windows 8 is so bad, 8.1 was like ***** please I ain't a service pack and I sure as **** ain't accepting your Windows 8 CD keys, so honey, you better upgrade through our tablet store mutha****er.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 15:00:28 »
Console for me is relaxed gaming, PC is more intense, may just be me but when I play console I'm focused but not massively into the game, when I game on PC I block everything out.
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 11:27:14 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Windows 8 is so bad, 8.1 was like ***** please I ain't a service pack and I sure as **** ain't accepting your Windows 8 CD keys, so honey, you better upgrade through our tablet store mutha****er.

Windows 8.1 isn't all that bad actually. But it doesn't hold a candle to Windows 98. Which you should be using by the way.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 11:32:15 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Windows 8.1 isn't all that bad actually. But it doesn't hold a candle to Windows 98. Which you should be using by the way.

Holy nested quotes Batman!
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline hehenri

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 12:32:25 »
I have pretty good PC and Xbox One, and I think both have advantage.

With PC I mostly play BF4 (1440p) and with console it wouldn't be even near as great gaming experience!

And there's so much more you can do with PC, and not only for entertainment things :D

But that doesn't mean there's nothing that Xbox One offers more than PC..

Since Xbox One is more than only gaming console, you can do many things with it.

I haven't used any TV features with it, but Netflix etc. are great on it!

And for gaming, there's many games that you cant play on PC (Fifa, NHL, Forza, Halo etc.)..

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 12:36:39 »
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

LOL I'm using Chrome.

Try again.

Show Image

Show Image

It's OK.

Holy nested quotes Batman!
kwowtes

consoles are assweeds
pc is superior                                                                despite console exclusives

also i like win-

mother

****ing

-dows

****ing

THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****