Author Topic: Geekhack Dream Log  (Read 11496 times)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Geekhack Dream Log
« on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 17:18:54 »
Anyone had any weird dreams lately?
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: Geekhack Dream Log
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 17:19:06 »
I had a weird one last night. I was taking care of a one year old and he kept turning into a water balloon and exploding. Then he would come back again from the bag of balloons as a human baby again. The same human baby. He exploded 2 or three times in total. I brought him to a water park 

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 17:20:30 »
I HAD A DREAM THAT MACS WERE GOOD. (WHICH THEY OF COURSE ARE NOT)
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 17:20:54 »
i had a dream that i was driving on the freeway and my car magically said **** you to gravity and started to float. and then gravity said **** you back and it came down hard making me lose control and crash into the divider which made me fly across lanes and kill one person.

this guy:

tl;dr i killed murs with my flying car that randomly battles gravity
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline unnatural

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 18:34:14 »

dream or reality?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 18:40:36 »
A few weeks ago I had a really vivid dream in which Edward Norton was trying to murder me, and was chasing me around this house that was built of wires and rotting wood with a hand axe. I kept running upwards to try and get away, but on each floor of the house there were more and more dead bodies until it got so bad that I was having trouble walking through them. I don't remember much else about it, nor how it ended. In the beginning of the dream we were friends though, not sure what happened in between.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 04:50:58 »
I had a dream this morning that I found a bunch of Cherry G80 keyboards in a thrift store that I had not visited for a long time...

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 11:36:13 »

dream or reality?

Windows is the reality of modern computing.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 13:08:27 »
I just have dreams about my teeth falling out of my mouth. 

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 13:59:14 »

YOUR TEETH WOULDN'T FALL OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IF YOU USED WINDOWS 98.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:09:42 »
I get those dreams ALL the time. My brother does too. In fact just last night I dreamt one of my teeth was loose. Didn't fall out but still very concerning. Other times my teeth shatter into thousands of shards. The thought of it now makes me cringe.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:12:01 »
I have a dream once or twice a year where I'm falling from an incredible height in slow motion.  As I near the ground I think "Hey I'm not going so fast, I'm gonna survive this!"

Then I hit the ground and feel my bones shattering, in slow motion.  Thanks a lot, brain.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:12:03 »
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:13:54 »
Also, the one where it's the end of the term and I realize with insane panic that I've totally spaced an entire class and will fail that class, and life.

I still get that one pretty frequently.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:15:30 by hashbaz »

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:15:52 »
Also, the one where it's the end of the term and I realize with insane panic that I've totally spaced an entire class and will fail that class, and life.

I use to get this all the time during college
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline Mike48

• PATENT THIS CUSTOM TITLE
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 22:44:43 »

Don't know what your experience with Macs has been, but my Mac Pro runs Windows (7/64) far better than any PC I've ever owned. Not a single blue-screen crash in the 1-3/4 years that I've owned it. By now I would have expected dozens of crashes on a PC. This is based on over 20 years of PC use. The Mac has been remarkably stable, although I hate its email app which is often very sluggish. On the other hand this may have more to do with Yahoo's imap server which some have said is itself sluggish.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 00:09:22 »

Don't know what your experience with Macs has been, but my Mac Pro runs Windows (7/64) far better than any PC I've ever owned. Not a single blue-screen crash in the 1-3/4 years that I've owned it. By now I would have expected dozens of crashes on a PC. This is based on over 20 years of PC use. The Mac has been remarkably stable, although I hate its email app which is often very sluggish. On the other hand this may have more to do with Yahoo's imap server which some have said is itself sluggish.
Its possible that MSW is more troll than TP4. He is trying to get this exact response out of you and other Mac users. Myself included. Just don't buy into it.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 00:10:24 »
I get crazy lucid dreams every night....... I have journals of them all the time. I guess I'll share interesting ones. I've had dreams of you guys, :)

For example today I thought I PM'd iArson about his LZ-F since I was on my phone half asleep reading GH... turns out I didn't PM him irl, but in my dream.
I love Elzy

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 01:19:14 »
I've dreamt of Clacks once....it was during the Octoberfest EK sale. I dreamt that I was in a room full of people (I'm guessing all of GH since at the time I didn't know what any of you looked like) in this room there was a draw going on. A live Clack lottery. I WON!! It was a blank candy corn! Except these clacks were the size of the palm of my hand! It was crazy! I then woke up to find out that in reality I had won nothing from that crazy EK lottery.

Offline Jack

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 02:01:07 »
My favorite is still the one where I found a pristine industrial grey SSK at a thrift shop. There are others but they're all chaotic and inane and I can't remember all the good stuff.

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 04:46:46 »
i have a ton of weird colorful dreams every night. in the one i saw last the least weird thing was skyscraper rocket.

these dreams are so international that antiglobalists can riot against them.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 06:39:11 »
I don't like dreaming. For the past decade or so all the dreams I remember are either frightening or very violent and not fun to remember. Not sure what that means, because I'm a peaceful person when awake.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 11:51:45 »
I had an odd dream about two weeks ago, still sticks with me.  Actually motivated me to download some screenplay writing package, see if I can put down the details and make it a little more coherent. 

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 11:59:23 »
I get crazy lucid dreams every night....... I have journals of them all the time. I guess I'll share interesting ones. I've had dreams of you guys, :)

For example today I thought I PM'd iArson about his LZ-F since I was on my phone half asleep reading GH... turns out I didn't PM him irl, but in my dream.

Did you have to work to get lucid dreams, or do you just get them naturally? I used to keep a dream log when I was into lucid dreaming, but all my dreams were really dull so I lost interest and stopped and I can't have lucid dreams anymore.

Offline iri

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 12:34:14 »
more than a half of my dreams are naturally lucid.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:44:42 »
natural

also to further elaborate on the dream i mentioned it was really confusing cuz I knew I PM'd him in the dream while I was dreaming but then when I woke up I thought it wasn't a dream cuz I forgot.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:54:23 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:46:27 »
The only Geekhack dream i've ever had that i can remember was once over the summer, i dreamed i woke up, ran downstairs and outside, to discover a package in my mailbox. got back inside, jumped on my bed and tore it open, and it contained 30 julysicles in a custom bag addressed to me. I got really happy, and then a lot more happened in the dream, but i can't remember the details..

ask photekq, i told him when i woke up lol

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:49:55 »
it's true
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 03:37:58 »
I dreamt this morning that a Dutch kid's TV-show from the early 80's called "Professor Hump's erotic contrangle" had won an award for having the weirdest name for a TV-show.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 16:02:24 »
Am I the only one who enjoys horror dreams as long as they don't involve the death of family/friends? I find them exciting!!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 16:09:32 »
I don't like dreaming, they're generally not too pleasant for me... :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 18:46:51 »
I've had MANY zombie dreams, murderer dreams, dreams where I'm lost etc. and even tho they are frightening at the time, I wake up and think "wow that was totally awesome!!"

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 12:11:10 »
Last night I dreamt I was in this building with lots of hallways and there was a trail of purple and green toxic dip caps. I literally filled my pockets with them and I was wearing cargo pants!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 09:43:23 »
Last night, in my dream, I went to a GH meetup and I tried Mx Clear switches (never tried in real life) and I loved em and was convinced they would be perfect with a softer spring and lube!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 09:45:28 »
Last night, in my dream, I went to a GH meetup and I tried Mx Clear switches (never tried in real life) and I loved em and was convinced they would be perfect with a softer spring and lube!

Not too far from reality.
I love Elzy

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 18:06:24 »

That would be ergo-clear I believe. Right?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 18:12:32 »
i had a dream that i was driving on the freeway and my car magically said **** you to gravity and started to float. and then gravity said **** you back and it came down hard making me lose control and crash into the divider which made me fly across lanes and kill one person.

this guy:

Show Image

Noooooooooo! You cannot have killed him as I am going to see him tonight in Philly.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 18:20:59 »

this guy:

Show Image

Noooooooooo! You cannot have killed him as I am going to see him tonight in Philly.

lucky! have fun! who else is going to be there?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 18:36:59 »

this guy:

Show Image

lucky! have fun! who else is going to be there?

It is actually a White Mandingos show. I have seen Murs many times over the last 12 years or so, so this new group thing should be interesting.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 18:37:49 »
I spent most of my dreams dying, running away, or flying. Latest dream the world fell off it's axis.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 19:03:16 »
Last night dream is unclear but it had something to do with holding a log cabin from an attacking group. I had a gun that's all I know.

Offline iri

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 04:16:41 »

That would be ergo-clear I believe. Right?
or panda clears, when spring actuation force is equal to that of mx black springs.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 11:30:15 »
This morning I dreamt that I was rebuilding a full-size wood keyboard case for a tenkeyless.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:02:01 »
Last night I dreamt that an alien race came to earth and we played a round of driveway soccer to determine the fate of out planet. We won and then we proceeded to sit with the aliens who were very human like and ask each other question after question about our cultures, planets and behaviors etc. it was probably one of the greatest dreams I have ever had!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 21:17:36 »
YM suggested I post here, as I have now dreamed about keyboards or keycaps 4 nights in a row.

Can't remember last night's, but I think it had something to do with finding out that those Candycorn CC space bars are real!

I was very disappointed when I awoke from my slumber.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sai

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 03:22:32 »
well, i had a dream where i was having lunch together with the late dictator of my country.  :))
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 04:41:05 »

Blue screens are usually caused by crappy hardware or drivers.  If you buy good quality parts for your PC you won't have that issue.  Macs have good hardware from solid vendors, so you can't compare it to a PC running cheap motherboards, RAM, add in cards, etc.  If you buy only top shelf hardware for a PC, it will cost a lot more, but is still less than a Mac for the same quality hardware, and is just as stable if not even more.

On topic, the only dreams I usually remember are nightmares, and are too dark to discuss for most people.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 04:48:56 »

Blue screens are usually caused by crappy hardware or drivers.  If you buy good quality parts for your PC you won't have that issue.  Macs have good hardware from solid vendors, so you can't compare it to a PC running cheap motherboards, RAM, add in cards, etc.  If you buy only top shelf hardware for a PC, it will cost a lot more, but is still less than a Mac for the same quality hardware, and is just as stable if not even more.

On topic, the only dreams I usually remember are nightmares, and are too dark to discuss for most people.

If they were too dark you would not be able to see very much ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 05:12:11 »
I grew up in pretty crappy areas, and have seen people get murdered in broad daylight starting from around age 5.  My dreams have a lot of murder themes.  I could only imagine what war veterans have to deal with in their dreams.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 19:07:15 »
I grew up in pretty crappy areas, and have seen people get murdered in broad daylight starting from around age 5.  My dreams have a lot of murder themes.  I could only imagine what war veterans have to deal with in their dreams.

And I thought the areas I lived in were a bit rough.

Hope you're coping ok with it!

No keyboard dream last night, but I woke with a vague impress that I had dreamed about having a dream about keyboards.