Author Topic: Satan GH60  (Read 130984 times)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Re: Satan GH60
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 14:20:14 »
Hello,
I have a question about the Satan :)
A seller told me its not ISO compatible, I find it hard to believe ... is it possible?

Yes.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 14:28:56 »
Not sure if I post the right thread but can't find anything else. I ordered gh60 satan but received this:
Show Image

It has labels 'gh60 rev 2.3' and 'SJZZ'. The problem is when I generate eep at tkg.io and then flash it with kairuy's toolkit I have a column '5tgv' not working. Exactly the same as described here: https://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/flashing-fw-on-a-gh60-hx-sjzz-columns-missing-t13639.html

Any advice would be helpfull
Well, it could be the right thread, but it's hard to say from that picture. I suspect you're an early receiver of a PCB from a new Satan batch, which (as always) is tweaked JUST enough that some setting has to be changed for the firmware to fit the board.
I suggest you go back to the supplier and ask for more information.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 17:04:38 »
Not sure if I post the right thread but can't find anything else. I ordered gh60 satan but received this:
Show Image

It has labels 'gh60 rev 2.3' and 'SJZZ'. The problem is when I generate eep at tkg.io and then flash it with kairuy's toolkit I have a column '5tgv' not working. Exactly the same as described here: https://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/flashing-fw-on-a-gh60-hx-sjzz-columns-missing-t13639.html

This isnt a very active thread at all but I wish you luck.

you could try over at the tmk thread

Offline opendealer

« Reply #303 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:28:17 »
Hello,
I have a question about the Satan :)
A seller told me its not ISO compatible, I find it hard to believe ... is it possible?

Yes.

Show Image

I'm thinking about turning my ANSI US keyboard into an ISO Spanish one but in Easy AVR I don't see any available ISO GH60 (Satan) default layout, just HHKB, POKER and PURE, all in ANSI layout. Does anyone know how to set up an ISO layout in a GH60 (Satan) using Easy AVR? How else can it be done?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #304 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:49:46 »
That's more of an easyavr thing than a GH60-thing, honestly.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 15:00:50 »
I'm thinking about turning my ANSI US keyboard into an ISO Spanish one but in Easy AVR I don't see any available ISO GH60 (Satan) default layout, just HHKB, POKER and PURE, all in ANSI layout. Does anyone know how to set up an ISO layout in a GH60 (Satan) using Easy AVR? How else can it be done?

Use the 'all keys' variant, ISO enter is where the bottom half should be and the key next to it is the Ioextra ISO key.  the big |/ key won't have a switch so just ignore it.

Also if you don't have a split backspace ignore the top right key :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline opendealer

« Reply #306 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 22:33:05 »

Use the 'all keys' variant, ISO enter is where the bottom half should be and the key next to it is the Ioextra ISO key.  the big |/ key won't have a switch so just ignore it.

Also if you don't have a split backspace ignore the top right key :thumb:
That did the trick. I set the big |\ above the Enter to nothing, ignored the top right key, set the key to left of the Enter to NON_US_HASHMARK and set the key to left to the Z to NON_US_BACKSLASH. Everything looks good so far. I now need an ISO Spanish keycap set.

Gracias amigo  :D

Offline Jart0

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 18:13:21 »
Hello guys and sorrry for resurrecting this post, but after a lot of searching and reading, I haven't been able to reflash the GH60 Satan with TMK, neither TMK online tool or TKG toolkit worked.

I managed to flash it with Easy Avr and Flip, but I noticed two things: the breathing mode that came in the stock firmware changed, It had only one speed and it was quite fast, felt not good when that slow-breathing mode that the pcb has from stock was my favorite. I would also say that the leds were a bit less powerful (could be just a placebo though). Also, when I pressed the scape button in Overwatch, it entered in some kind of loop that I could only fix disconnecting and connecting the USB again. It does not happen with other keyboard I have or the stock firmware.

So I wanted to try TMK, to see if the lighting modes change, even when I don't know if it will, and see if this weird bug in Overwatch stop happening. Ooook so I followed all the steps, Installed zadig drivers, setup TKG Toolkit, drag and dropped my keymap.eep file on the reflash file and turned the keyboard into bootloader mode. I don't have any kind of problem with this, it says the process have been finished succesfully, but afterwards the keyboard 1) simply will not work or 2)will get the stock firmware again.

I read that I need to erase the eepram (eeprom? something like that) so I opened up the UTIL from TKG Tollkit and hit erase eeprom, again it says that the process has been completed successfuly, and tried the flashing process again, but with the same results.

Could someone help me? I don't really know what more to do, and I'm quite noob with all this programming/flashing/computer stuff, so the simplest instructions possible would be appreciated, thank you and excuse my english.

Have a good day

AH, other thing I noticed, my pcb has support for SDM lights, so if I understood well, this is the "second version of this pcb", if that could be useful information.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 08:16:58 »
Hello!
I need help with the Satan GH60

recently, I bought a kit with the Satan GH60, yesterday I managed to flash firmware usingg QMK Firrmware builder and tkg-toolkit-master
today, after soldering a few leds for indicators (3 total), the last row became malfunctioned, I pressed a key and other keys in that column (I presumed) will register together, as picture below:

160555-0

here is the current state of the PCB: http://imgur.com/a/kSv60
I'm a total amateur in soldering, maybe I broke something  :'(

is there a way to fix this? must I de-solder everything?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:00:41 »
No, the error will be on one of those keys, so you just have to find the point where there's no connection.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 19:57:42 »
No, the error will be on one of those keys, so you just have to find the point where there's no connection.

thank for the answer :)
I will find/hire a more experienced person to do this, I don't want to make thing worse.

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 20:49:00 »
Hi all, just build a KB using this pcb yesterday and everything went well.

I've tried using the TMK firmware with no issues and have flashed a temporary setup for me to use now but I'm thinking of reworking it to more of my liking and have a few questions.

I'm currently on a KBT pure, and one of the features of the KBT pure is that I can permanently "turn on" the arrow keys with fn + spacebar. And then the right modifier cluster becomes an arrow cluster until I turn it off with fn+space again.

Is it possible to do something like that? Maybe not fn + space but maybe just LeftWin for example. I'm currently having a little trouble understanding what everything means in the fn part at tkg.io.

For normal function layers where you press fn + W to get up arrow for example, you set the fn button to layer action -> momentarily. I'm thinking if I want to have the function layer permanently on until I turn it off, I use Layer action > on, and then choose which layer I want to access? Also, can someone explain to me the "when" part, where it says release, press, and both? I imagine it means to turn on during the press and the release, but for both? Also, what does layer > off and Layer > toggle do?

Lastly, Can someone explain the LED section to me? Like what does binding, default layer, layer, indicator mean?

I've tried reading the help online but it doesn't really explain all these. Perhaps I'm missing something. If someone can direct me to a link that explains these, that would be much appreciated as well.

Cheers!

Offline VGVisionary

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 10:19:11 »
Ok for someone who is just getting into Mechanical Keyboards, building my own sounds amazing! Definitely put building a GH60 on my To-Do list :D! Does anybody have a good overview of all the parts needed and where to order them?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 14:28:29 »
Ok for someone who is just getting into Mechanical Keyboards, building my own sounds amazing! Definitely put building a GH60 on my To-Do list :D! Does anybody have a good overview of all the parts needed and where to order them?

Switches
PCB
Case
Keycaps
Stabilizers
LEDs (Optional)
Plate (Optional)
USB cable

Ebay.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 23:41:15 »
Wow, I can see why they call this PCB a "Satan"... It just looks satanic, doesn't it? Well, it could be red too, that'd enhance the effect. But it does look sinister, like it's made of bones or something. If I had one of these under my keys, I don't think I'd be able to calm down enough to type—I'd keep expecting my PC to become possessed.

On the other hand, why should we settle for PCBs with non-demonic names? How boring.

Lordy! Feets don't fail me now!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 14:17:37 »
Wow, I can see why they call this PCB a "Satan"... It just looks satanic, doesn't it? Well, it could be red too, that'd enhance the effect. But it does look sinister, like it's made of bones or something. If I had one of these under my keys, I don't think I'd be able to calm down enough to type—I'd keep expecting my PC to become possessed.

On the other hand, why should we settle for PCBs with non-demonic names? How boring.

(Attachment Link)

Lordy! Feets don't fail me now!

Succubus would be more fitting.

Offline odd

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:36:09 »
Show Image

Finding the git repo for the firmware on this would be helpful since it's quite different than any "GH60" out there. My biggest issue is losing the LED modes since it used a secondary dedicated ATMega chip to handle the LED modes (Fn + 1-9 on number row) if you flash the firmware. I was able to generate my firmware by using the TKG online firmware tool BTW and all rows and columns work fine, again just no LED modes.

Offline odd

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:44:52 »
Hi all, just build a KB using this pcb yesterday and everything went well.

I've tried using the TMK firmware with no issues and have flashed a temporary setup for me to use now but I'm thinking of reworking it to more of my liking and have a few questions.

I'm currently on a KBT pure, and one of the features of the KBT pure is that I can permanently "turn on" the arrow keys with fn + spacebar. And then the right modifier cluster becomes an arrow cluster until I turn it off with fn+space again.

Is it possible to do something like that? Maybe not fn + space but maybe just LeftWin for example. I'm currently having a little trouble understanding what everything means in the fn part at tkg.io.

For normal function layers where you press fn + W to get up arrow for example, you set the fn button to layer action -> momentarily. I'm thinking if I want to have the function layer permanently on until I turn it off, I use Layer action > on, and then choose which layer I want to access? Also, can someone explain to me the "when" part, where it says release, press, and both? I imagine it means to turn on during the press and the release, but for both? Also, what does layer > off and Layer > toggle do?

Lastly, Can someone explain the LED section to me? Like what does binding, default layer, layer, indicator mean?

I've tried reading the help online but it doesn't really explain all these. Perhaps I'm missing something. If someone can direct me to a link that explains these, that would be much appreciated as well.

Cheers!

Do this

Create a Fn3 layer with just the keys you want as the arrow keys, add Fn3 as a toggle on the space bar
On Fn layer 2 make the space bar be Fn3 that toggles
Done.

Now when you hit Fn2 + spacebar it should toggle to the right hand arrow keys like you want. Hit Fn2 + spacebar again and it should toggle off.
You can also do space/fn3 if you need to space bar on Fn2 as well but what I wrote above is the easiest way to do what you want.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #318 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 20:42:16 »
Bit of a thread necro but will the the LED for the Cherry MX Lock switch work with this?
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline funnystunny

• Software Engineering student
    • GitHub
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 05:57:11 »
Show Image

I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm using QMK firmware though. Any ideas?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:30:37 »
The GH60 is so widely copied/cloned that you can't ever be absolutely sure that you'll have a PCB with the same switch matrix as the original. Your best bet is to trace the matrix yourself and put it on kbdfirmware.com