Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 1120 times)

Offline lulu

Hi there!
« on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:27:40 »
Hi there!
I'm here to fill the ranks of the 60% soldiers.
I currently have got two KBC Poker II:
A MX Red one with blue leds mixed ABS- and Ducky PBT blank caps as well as an MX Blue one with PBT caps.

Can't wait to get more.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 20:41:52 by lulu »

KBC POKER II - MX BLACK - CUSTOM PINK LED - MIXED ABS AND DUCKY BLANK PBT CAPS
KBC POKER II - MX BLUE - PBT CAPS
KBC POKER II - MX RED - BLUE LED - RED DUCKY ABS CAPS

Offline Whats_Dat

Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:38:35 »
Hello! Nice keyboards, how do you like 60%? I have been thinking of gettin one! :D
There is probably threads dedicated to this but I saw your post and decided to ask!
//Datalux_Space_Saver// //IBM_Model_M_49_Key_Pad//
//IBM_Model_M// //Focus_KeyPro_FX-9000//

Offline lulu

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:13:49 »
Hi.  :)
I love them.
It takes some time to get used to the FN-layer, but after a day it feels very perfect.
They both got the arrow-keys on WASD and navigating in excel starts to feel a little like gaming. :D
For gaming its awesome, because you have much more space for your mouse.

It is also very handy, if you take your keyboard to university and carry it around very much.
(I even tried my MX-Blues in the library, but don't do that, because everybody will watch you! :D)
It fits in every bag.

I don't have much space on my desk, (because there is a piano-keyboard, too) so i don't want to miss them.
I hope to get a 40% someday! :D

If you need your function-keys a lot, maybe a TKL would maybe be better.

Offline Whats_Dat

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:34:42 »
Thanks for the great feedback!
Defiantly reinforced my previous idea of 60%
I wonder how hard it would be to mod a IBM Model M to 60%
I'll look it up!  :p
//Datalux_Space_Saver// //IBM_Model_M_49_Key_Pad//
//IBM_Model_M// //Focus_KeyPro_FX-9000//

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 21:18:40 »
Defiantly?

Good luck with your mod.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:43:28 »
Welcome :D. Do you think you'll ever return to TKL or full size after going to 60%?

Offline lulu

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 15:57:41 »
It is funny, i just visited your profile one second before you wrote here. :D
Just avatar is awesome!

At the moment i am only interesstend in 60% and 40%.
Maybe some day when i move to a bigger room i could imagine to get a tkl, too.
The two pokers, my Midi-keyboard and my two mice are just fitting barely on my desk.

But there is no way i go to fullsize back ever again, i love this compact size to much. :)

Offline Infi

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 16:14:57 »
Nice setup, the Poker is an awesome board if you are on the go or to maximize desk space  :thumb:

KBC Poker II - MX brown - stock thick PBT
Ducky Shine 3 TKL - MX blue - white LED - Ducky egg yolk yellow thick PBT

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 02:40:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do you want more Pokers, or more keycaps?

Or both?

Either way you'll fit in around here.  Sorry about your wallet though ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lulu

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 15:32:00 »
Thank you!

Both! :D

I definitely need one of these new Poker 3's and i just fell in love with typewriter-keycaps! :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 00:16:29 »
You'll fit in very well around here, the GH motto is almost "why not both" :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ