Author Topic: another HHKB user here!!  (Read 2812 times)

Offline mad3000

another HHKB user here!!
« on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 22:05:43 »
Greetings from Japan!!
I'm new to the community, although I have stumbled on to this forum occasionally in the past.
I've been using HHKB pro 2 for few years and I love it so much that I modded the keyboard last year.
The board has been replaced with arduino pro mini connected with bluetooth module.
I have also installed a trackpoint from an old Thinkpad.

The keyboard is fixed inside a plastic tissue box, since the whole thing didn't fit in the chassis.
I totally miscalculated the size.
Although it looks quite messy, it's functioning perfectly as a bluetooth keyboard with trackpoint.
I'm thinking of getting a new body for this keyboard next.

I just get excited when planning for a new modification for my keyboard.
I hope I can share this fascination with you!!
Thanks for reading!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 February 2015, 22:45:20 by mad3000 »
HHKB black

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: another HHKB user here!!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 22:26:38 »
The picture is broken, and welcome to GH.

Offline mad3000

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 22:46:45 »
Thanks for mentioning! Fixed the link.
HHKB black

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 23:01:49 »
Hello there and welcome to Geekhack! You will fit right in here with that HHKB! Nice modifications to it as well, don't think I have seen one with a trackpoint before.  :)

Offline mad3000

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 01:28:23 »
Thanks for the heartful welcome!!
One of my colleagues owns a RealForce with a Trackpoint, so I asked him how to implement it to the Topre keyboard.
Some drillings and jumpings were required for the mod.
Now, there are two Topre keyboards with a Trackpoint in one room  ;D
HHKB black

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 01:32:13 »
Thanks for the heartful welcome!!
One of my colleagues owns a RealForce with a Trackpoint, so I asked him how to implement it to the Topre keyboard.
Some drillings and jumpings were required for the mod.
Now, there are two Topre keyboards with a Trackpoint in one room  ;D

Very cool, you should post it in the "Post your Topre Keyboard" thread, over in the media section.  :)

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 06:49:25 »
Welcome and pretty cool mod! Drilling? HOly cow I don't think I could do that with HHKB!  :eek:
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline cheebs

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 06:55:13 »
Pay attention folks.  Here is a testament to the love and adoration that HHKB gives.  This man has got his HHKB retrofitted into a damn tissue box and still loves the hell out of it.  Warms my heart.

Keep hacking happily, friend!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 00:13:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Wow!  That's quite a modification!  A few people have been looking for something portable with Bluetooth - I guess this is one of the most portable, with the trackpoint in it too!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ