Author Topic: Polymer Salon: flywheel.engaged  (Read 83093 times)

Offline SeedyOne

Re: Polymer Salon: flywheel.engaged
« Reply #1000 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:17:31 »
Waiting for some shipping supplies to come in. I'll be busy over this weekend, but I'll be working to get everyone's caps out early next week.

Show Image

That guy is doing way more animation than the pixel technology at the time allowed. :/

You aren't kidding. If it was like that back in the day I'd have learned all my moves from an 8-bit dance coach  :))

Offline romevi

• Crash Man
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1001 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:23:01 »
Waiting for some shipping supplies to come in. I'll be busy over this weekend, but I'll be working to get everyone's caps out early next week.

Show Image

That guy is doing way more animation than the pixel technology at the time allowed. :/

You aren't kidding. If it was like that back in the day I'd have learned all my moves from an 8-bit dance coach  :))

Aren't those graphics more 16-bit? The character is a simple, but it reminds me of PC games that had more 16-bit technology.

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1002 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 00:46:11 »
Aren't those graphics more 16-bit? The character is a simple, but it reminds me of PC games that had more 16-bit technology.

Nope, totally 8-bit! Karateka was an Apple II game from '84 and ported soon after to the Atari and other systems. Quite possibly the first game I put hundreds of hours into back in the day, even burning the opening scene into the monitor. Worth it  :thumb:

We've come a long way...

Offline romevi

• Crash Man
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1003 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:44:57 »

Nope, totally 8-bit! Karateka was an Apple II game from '84 and ported soon after to the Atari and other systems. Quite possibly the first game I put hundreds of hours into back in the day, even burning the opening scene into the monitor. Worth it  :thumb:

We've come a long way...

Neat! I tried to remember that game but could not for the life of me.