Author Topic: [IC] Keyboard Bag (Eva Foam) Shockproof and Custom Design | Form Update  (Read 13922 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
I need a TKL.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
Ok.. Here's new update when i visited my vendor today.

- The size will be fix 440x220x70mm and 370x170x70mm. I can't make other size until i get big order because 1 size need 1 mould and 1 MOQ.
- Fabric canvas need to change because they told me i must use stretch fabric. And this is will be hard to customize image.
- I will make 4 sample this time with big size all of them, Here's the detail sample i will make :
  1. Use seamless pattern image
  2. Use Non seamless image and different on both side
  3. Use text on corner of the bag
  4. Use 2 solid color on Back and Front bag

I will print new fabric and will be ready this weekend so i can make prototype next week.
If prototype look good we will run GB on 14 May

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
Bad news is... i check shipping fee through website it's about $50-$55 /pcs for EMS
I'm already contact them to see if i can use different service to decrease the cost.
1. The option is use ocean service need more time but will be cheaper.
2. Use another service beside EMS with cheaper cost.
3. Send them in cargo and find some proxy for Conus and Europe.

Let me know how much you can pay for shhipping fee /pcs?

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
I'm definitely not keen on spending almost twice as much as the bag costs on shipping, especially as I'm looking for 15-20 of them.
That adds up quick.  More than $10 a piece in shipping would give me pause.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
Bad news is... i check shipping fee through website it's about $50-$55 /pcs for EMS
I'm already contact them to see if i can use different service to decrease the cost.

If you could setup proxy or regional vendors who could buy larger quantities to stock, it may reach higher MOQ and lower base price, and could decrease shipping to buyers by bulk shipping them and then shipping locally/regionally. I feel like these could be of enough interest that vendors would feel comfortable with it, if you approached the bigger names/websites.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader

If you could setup proxy or regional vendors who could buy larger quantities to stock, it may reach higher MOQ and lower base price, and could decrease shipping to buyers by bulk shipping them and then shipping locally/regionally. I feel like these could be of enough interest that vendors would feel comfortable with it, if you approached the bigger names/websites.

Yes this is best option so far!
But if we use vendor to stock on their site maybe it will be hard to customize image.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
I'm definitely not keen on spending almost twice as much as the bag costs on shipping, especially as I'm looking for 15-20 of them.
That adds up quick.  More than $10 a piece in shipping would give me pause.

Yeah i'm really know this problem.
Hope i can get special price from my local post.

Offline Zuology

But if we use vendor to stock on their site maybe it will be hard to customize image.

Speaking for myself, the custom image is less of a priority than a well constructed case for a reasonable price. If you ran it in a few different colorways (maybe matching popular keyset colorways, i.e. hyperfuse, dolch, basic black/grey, cyan, etc), I feel it would have broader appeal to a wider audience/market. If you want to do a simple logo/graphic that is universal (MX/Topre switch schematic, cherry keycap profile, etc), that could also be appealing to more people than individualized graphic/print.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader

Speaking for myself, the custom image is less of a priority than a well constructed case for a reasonable price. If you ran it in a few different colorways (maybe matching popular keyset colorways, i.e. hyperfuse, dolch, basic black/grey, cyan, etc), I feel it would have broader appeal to a wider audience/market. If you want to do a simple logo/graphic that is universal (MX/Topre switch schematic, cherry keycap profile, etc), that could also be appealing to more people than individualized graphic/print.

Yes you're right.

Offline Petch

I also don't care for custom images

Offline Zuology

Woo you all are replying too quickly for me to go back and edit to add one more idea on the graphics/image topic:

If you reach out to vendors who will be interested in stocking these as inventory, you may be able to have each vendor have their own logo/graphic for the cases that they stock. So for example (I am in US, so will refer to vendor companies/sites I know), 1upkeybooards, Novelkeys, MechanicalKeyboards.com, etc. could have their own logo'd versions.
More

Offline Vigrith

I personally do care for custom images; though I'd probably still get a few (2-3) if that idea is dropped.

An EU proxy is the biggest deal for me, $50 shipping is prohibitive - I'd feel comfortable very comfortable paying $50 total per bag (so $30+20 shipping), which I believe would be realistic if you managed to get a few proxies. For example Donutcat has found some proxies to help with his retro coiled cable buy and the prices decrease drastically, I'm sure Mykeyboard, mechboards UK or even Candykeys would potentially be interested in helping far as Europe goes.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
Custom image is a no and shipping is too high to CONUS with EMS.

No thanks.

Offline PotatoTM

I’m pretty indifferent about the custom images, but the shipping is very costly... but I’m probably still in for 2 or 3 depending on how the samples come out.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also good with dropping the custom image.  Gotta get that shipping cost down though... it's REALLY high for something that light.

Offline euphxenos

I'd be interested in hearing what the shipping cost looks like for three or four bags instead of just one.  It should be lower, and I suspect many of the orders will be for multiple bags.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
I too am indifferent regarding custom images. I would prefer minimizing cost by providing a plain, but reliable and sturdy storage option

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
I'm also good with dropping the custom image.  Gotta get that shipping cost down though... it's REALLY high for something that light.

I know it's light but all shipping company charge with volume metric for big package

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
I can reduce shipping cost with reduce the height of bag to 6cm.

And price would be $65 shipped for big size and $60 shipped for small size.
There's no way i can reduce the price except for 50 qty.
Or maybe should we go with Massdrop? Of course with some default pattern or color.

Offline M

Or maybe should we go with Massdrop? Of course with some default pattern or color.

Honestly I wouldn't care about what it looks like as long as I don't have to pay above what I'm comfortable with, I think contacting MD is a good idea

Offline sodiumjoe

This is well within the range of what I would pay. I think it'd be nice to have a custom design, but it's not a deal breaker for me to go without. As long as there's an all black or gray colorway

Offline darkslay3r

bantu up gan
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline scud80

in for 2.

Offline PotatoTM

Ok.. Here's new update when i visited my vendor today.

- The size will be fix 440x220x70mm and 370x170x70mm. I can't make other size until i get big order because 1 size need 1 mould and 1 MOQ.
- Fabric canvas need to change because they told me i must use stretch fabric. And this is will be hard to customize image.
- I will make 4 sample this time with big size all of them, Here's the detail sample i will make :
  1. Use seamless pattern image
  2. Use Non seamless image and different on both side
  3. Use text on corner of the bag
  4. Use 2 solid color on Back and Front bag

I will print new fabric and will be ready this weekend so i can make prototype next week.
If prototype look good we will run GB on 14 May

Any updates on the prototype / Shipping costs?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Can't remember if I signed up my interest on this.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.

What do the numbers look like for a batch of 50?
I can probably rope together enough people in the bay area to make it worth the effort.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:41:27 by MajorKoos »

Offline M

Any updates?

Offline Ouster

Very interested in a sturdier bag for transporting my keebs, will purchase one of these for sure if they are remotely reasonably priced.

HHKB Hi-Pro Keycaps | Realforce Hi-Pro | KBD75 Zealios 65g | Realforce RGB

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: [IC] Keyboard Bag (Eva Foam) Shockproof and Custom Design | Form Update
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 08:33:28 »
Any news on when/if this is going to go forward?

Offline JJ

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 04:49:22 »
OOOhh damn its like going to battle with a suitcase

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 05:06:05 »
I think i need to update this thread.

So i will start make prototype early july (i hope so).
And i will decide price if you go with solid color or custom image later.

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 05:51:29 »
I think i need to update this thread.

So i will start make prototype early july (i hope so).
And i will decide price if you go with solid color or custom image later.
If the price is decent I can definitely see myself getting 1-2 cases with custom images. Hopefully the proto will turn out really nice as well!

Offline RobotRogue

• No.
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:50:10 »
Oooooo I'd LOVE one of these!