Author Topic: [GB COMPLETE] TKC1800 Full kit, G80-1800 compatible QMK PCB, More available soon  (Read 121204 times)

Offline pepo2181

I received an e-mail on 1/8/2019 that my order of a pcb and plate was shipped, so they started the shipping process.

Offline portbaron

Got my 1800s yesterday and the colors look really good. Thanks again, and thanks for the special brass plate (it's going on the purple one).

Currently typing on the cocaine white one with lubed v2 zilents and 67g progressive springs. For fun I also put 125g springs in the Code (Fn) and Scroll lock keys.
As a side note, Tokyo Nights modifiers work pretty well with violet tendencies alphas.

| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline LevelSteam

Really looking forward to getting my Cocaine White board myself.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Does the finish change the sound or feel of the board at all?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Jetstream

This is my first build and i gotta say the white came out so clean

Offline Uleoja

Could somebody tell me if this is the correct orientation for the RGB's to be installed?  The white part goes on the top left part with the line?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
Could somebody tell me if this is the correct orientation for the RGB's to be installed?  The white part goes on the top left part with the line?

Drop us an email to orders@thekey.company and we will make sure you’re doing it right.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Offline Kavik

This is my first build and i gotta say the white came out so clean

That's a hell of a first build! It looks great.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline regionfree

I was about to ask here if a cable was included, and found the answer. Just got my kit and really like the screwless build!

But I find the set extremely lacking. It lacks SKIIDATA. Can't wait for that GB to start, to complete this build.

The worst part about this build is lubing the switches. And this needs a lot of them. Oh man.

Offline lakeboredom

Anyone know why my tkc1800 wouldn't be working on windows10 or mac? Device is recognized no problem on my pc and laptop running windows 7.

Offline HotRoderX

Anyone know why my tkc1800 wouldn't be working on windows10 or mac? Device is recognized no problem on my pc and laptop running windows 7.

Sounds like a driver issue maybe? Also are you using PS2 cause found PS2 is extremely hit and miss with windows 10 and MSI motherboards.

Offline lakeboredom

Nope just the regular mini usb and I flashed with qmk toolbox or w/e..

Offline dexie

Are there any plans to stock PCBs again?
ISO Life

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Will be restocking soon.

Offline GraffitiDecos

Will be restocking soon.

Will full kits be available? (just got into this hobby recently and missed out on the first round(s))
Not to mention the render with SKIIDATA *insert Fry meme - Shut up and Take my money!*

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Will be restocking soon.

Will full kits be available? (just got into this hobby recently and missed out on the first round(s))
Not to mention the render with SKIIDATA *insert Fry meme - Shut up and Take my money!*

Full kits in June!

Offline TieuNgu

Just got a chance to build this board up over the past week. I added some weights and lined the case with neoprene sheets which take away the "hollow" sound while typing. The board is very solid and lovely to type on now.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
Is there any update about further pcb, plates and/or kits production? Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Is there any update about further pcb, plates and/or kits production? Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Actually yes! There will be some restocks next week! PCBs will be back in stock as well as Unpainted black cases, a few left over painted cases from V1.9, some plates, and a new product all together! Also, coming in a few weeks will be the release of the R3 painted cases. All new colors, some old colors making a comeback and a completely new finish as well.

Offline buzzking00

Seems like a successful GB, are you guys planning another round? :)

Offline okidna

Seems like a successful GB, are you guys planning another round? :)

Hehehe TKC literally just posted an info about R3 above your post.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
There will be some restocks next week! PCBs will be back in stock...

Great news.

I'm curious about something - how well does the TKC 1800 work without a plate, have you tried it? Would you recommend it? Thanks

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
I'm curious about something - how well does the TKC 1800 work without a plate, have you tried it? Would you recommend it? Thanks

The original G80-1800 was plateless, so it will perfrom similarly. I haven't typed on one without the plate though, so not sure on feel.

Offline pepo2181

Actually yes! There will be some restocks next week! PCBs will be back in stock as well as Unpainted black cases, a few left over painted cases from V1.9, some plates, and a new product all together! Also, coming in a few weeks will be the release of the R3 painted cases. All new colors, some old colors making a comeback and a completely new finish as well.
[/quote]

Ohh!! That's awesome news!!

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
The pcb is restocked, I can’t see any other restocks or new items under the tkc1800 section yet though...

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
The pcb is restocked, I can’t see any other restocks or new items under the tkc1800 section yet though...

If you join our Discord you'll get full update details. Its much easier this way for me to keep everyone in the loop.

We restocked PCBs. I have to get an inventory on the plates on Monday. We are waiting on diffusers for unpainted cases. Most everything with the exception of painted cases will be in stock by mid week next week.

Offline blighty

When do you expect to ship PCBs?
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline lakeboredom

What happened with the photo contest?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Gonna kick it off right after we launch the new website! And shortly after we will release R3. I didn't originally plan on it taking this long, however. I may add some consolation prizes for that reason.

Offline lakeboredom

Gonna kick it off right after we launch the new website! And shortly after we will release R3. I didn't originally plan on it taking this long, however. I may add some consolation prizes for that reason.
Oh cool, can't wait to see round 3. My metallic grey is my favorite kb. Thanks for the update

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline Muammar

Re: [GB COMPLETE] TKC1800 Full kit, G80-1800 compatible QMK PCB, More available soon
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 21:46:51 »
someone have a compatible design file plate for PCB from TKC + CASE G80-1800?

Offline ESJvR

Welp, I finally got in the switches to complete my build, and once I got it all soldered up the board no longer is detected or registering input.  (Doesn't show up in Device Manager, or in the enumeration list from QMK Toolbox).  I can only assume I screwed something up while soldering.  :'(  But AFAICT, there's no obvious shorts...  Is the AT90USB1286 a particularly static sensitive device?  Is there a chance I've just fried it?
Hi, I‘m pretty late to this thread, but still wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can buy this kind of daughterboard for the LEDs thats shown in the image. I have a PAC Case and TKC1800 PCB too and would love using the LEDs without bending them too much to the spot. Thanks in advance :)