Author Topic: What is the difference between these two spacebars?  (Read 2474 times)

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
What is the difference between these two spacebars?
« on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:37:13 »
194748-0I tried to put my newly-acquired capset on an MX-HHKB build earlier today, only to find that while the spacebar I wanted to use appeared to be 7u in length (right in pic, white), the stabs were spaced too far apart by about .25u. The spacebar on the left (grey) did fit the stabs. I picked up the white spacebar in a bundle, so I don't know the original source.

Any insight would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/gallery/cpSo7qO
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:42:04 by noSatellite »
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: What is the difference between these two spacebars?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:39:01 »
No picture :'(

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:39:46 »
Yeah, trying to figure that out now - if you click through, it should take you to the image though.

It's not pretty, but I got it!
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:42:27 by noSatellite »
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:56:11 »
Ahhh... the old 7U spacebar stabilizer problem. As you can see from my ad in the classifieds, I've had a similar problem. Just in case you missed the link in my ad, there's more info here.

The key is the distance between the stabilizer mounts - usually either 55mm or 57mm.
REΛLFORCE

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 17:10:27 »
Yeah, trying to figure that out now - if you click through, it should take you to the image though.

It's not pretty, but I got it!

Select the image address by right clicking

Then click the little Mona Lisa to get the tags
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
Then put that copied link in between them so you see
Code: [Select]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/qdlRckq.jpg[/img]

Anyway, no idea. The regular spacing is 57.15 (19.05 (1 unit) x 6).

Maybe it's from an older board with weirdly offset stabilizers? I wonder if it has anything to do with those stabilizer wires that have the bends in the middle.

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 20:16:48 »
Ahhh... the old 7U spacebar stabilizer problem. As you can see from my ad in the classifieds, I've had a similar problem. Just in case you missed the link in my ad, there's more info here.

The key is the distance between the stabilizer mounts - usually either 55mm or 57mm.

Thank you very much for the info! Turns out I have three of these spacebars, all at 55mm between the mounts.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 20:27:46 »

Thank you very much for the info! Turns out I have three of these spacebars, all at 55mm between the mounts.

I've been searching for more than a year for 55mm 'cause I only have two spacebars for this keyboard so I'm kinda limited in keycap choices.
REΛLFORCE