Author Topic: How can I fix this? IBM Model M SSK!  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Pavilions

How can I fix this? IBM Model M SSK!
« on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 08:55:02 »
What can I do to fix this? I bought from a seller who didn't mention anything about the broken parts and when it arrived it was in a pretty bad shape. The issue is that I can't return it. so can you help me or give me anyway to try to fix this? (By the way, also the black plastic plate fame is cracked in several places)!

196159-0
196161-1

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
Re: How can I fix this? IBM Model M SSK!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:15:15 »
You should be able to squeeze that together unless there's something internal that's forcing it apart.  For this at worst you'd have to open the case, reseat the front, then screw it back together.

Does the keyboard work otherwise?
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:39:36 »
You should be able to squeeze that together unless there's something internal that's forcing it apart.  For this at worst you'd have to open the case, reseat the front, then screw it back together.

Yes, it works but I don't know why it refuses to connect. the case is really refusing to stay together I will show you a picture of the interior.

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 10:00:49 »

Yes, it works but I don't know why it refuses to connect. the case is really refusing to stay together I will show you a picture of the interior.

Ok, I managed to do it  :thumb: :thumb: I think it was the keyboard plate preventing the latches form closing. Thank you