Author Topic: Kalih Choc Switch Kicad Footprints  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Aydenvis

• Mistakes have been made.
Kalih Choc Switch Kicad Footprints
« on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 20:46:44 »
Where can I find some? Are they even different from the Cherry MX footprints?

Offline fpazos

Re: Kalih Choc Switch Kicad Footprints
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 07:55:47 »
Yes It's different. I don't know if there are kicad footprints but you can check the specs sheet in kailh website

Offline DiodeHead

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 13:11:03 »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj7h7r838r9ai6a/kailh_low.kicad_mod?dl=0

there you go with all my love :P, it has no led yet if anyone can tell me wich footprint the led uses I can add it, I would make a test PCB first if you're really going to use it in a project, since I have no khail low profile I can't test it myself.

by the way, made with kicad 5, you should really update if you're not on version 5.

hope it helps :)

Offline Aydenvis

• Mistakes have been made.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 19:11:20 »
@DiodeHead

Thanks, I'll try it and see how it works out.

Offline DiodeHead

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 01:24:59 »
no problem, if you see any errors tell me so i can modify the footprint :)

Offline regack

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 21:03:51 »
I've attached an older Kicad footprint that has the cutout space for the LED marked on silkscreen.  I had some of these made, they worked fine, even if I never finished my project.   I used 0603 LEDs and there was lots of room to spare within the cutout.

For reference:

I'm not on Kicad 5  :(

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 August 2018, 21:24:41 by regack »

Offline marhalloweenvt

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 21:43:15 »
I've attached an older Kicad footprint that has the cutout space for the LED marked on silkscreen.  I had some of these made, they worked fine, even if I never finished my project.   I used 0603 LEDs and there was lots of room to spare within the cutout.

For reference:

Show Image

I'm not on Kicad 5  :(

Your PCB look so fantastic. Can u share your work? I want to know what is 3 ics (they are the same, right?) on your PCB

Offline DiodeHead

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 01:25:05 »
thanks :) I'll add the led then, I would bet those IC are for driving the LEDs, I'm curious too, do you have any links to your project ??

thanks.

Offline regack

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 08:54:57 »
thanks :) I'll add the led then, I would bet those IC are for driving the LEDs, I'm curious too, do you have any links to your project ??

I haven't posted anything about it, I was thinking about starting a thread, in general, maybe I'll do that when I get some time, rather than clogging up this thread :)

Your PCB look so fantastic. Can u share your work? I want to know what is 3 ics (they are the same, right?) on your PCB

Those are 74hc138 3-8 decoder/demux, I was trying to keep the controller small and narrow using an atmega32u2, but I needed more pins.

Offline DiodeHead

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 09:56:19 »
ouch T_T my module was made with love, but not accuracy, I did mine backward.

I haven't posted anything about it, I was thinking about starting a thread, in general, maybe I'll do that when I get some time, rather than clogging up this thread :)

Yeees post something, only a couple of pictures and the kicad files can help other people learn (me included doing footprints backward ¬¬)

regards :)

Offline regack

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 22:26:30 »
ouch T_T my module was made with love, but not accuracy, I did mine backward.

Yeees post something, only a couple of pictures and the kicad files can help other people learn (me included doing footprints backward ¬¬)

regards :)
Here we go : Failed Experiments : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97113.msg2652203