Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2272599 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Now)
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 12:05:27 »
Not yet. I just shot another email to Melissa, I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 14:33:06 »
Alright. SP got back to me. Apparently the order shipped via ground late last week, so I should get it this week at some point. I'll keep you posted!

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SJHL

« Reply #902 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 14:54:36 »
Hype!

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #903 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 15:04:28 »
Whoo Hoo!   :thumb:

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #904 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 15:21:29 »
Wow! Awesome news!

Offline axtran

« Reply #905 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 16:48:57 »
Yay! I bought my sets secondhand from others--should I PM you about it?
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #906 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 19:58:10 »
Never had an ALPS board, are there any extras of these by chance?

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #907 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 21:55:50 »
Never had an ALPS board, are there any extras of these by chance?

There's no time like the present to get yourself some Alps satisfaction!

Skully has some basic Tai-HaoAlps caps for these:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77084.0;topicseen

Here is a TK and a TKL that are starting to come together:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81608.0;topicseen

Hasu is doing another run on his 60% PCB. Nor sure if they're all spoken for yet:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81740.0;topicseen

Offline braidn

« Reply #908 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 19:48:56 »
Awesome news on the replacement. Incredible work here njbair

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #909 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:28:20 »
Great news about the caps being on the way :)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #910 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 12:12:23 »
Enjoying sort them again.... :-X :-[
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Replacements Received)
« Reply #911 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:42:05 »
Good news, the replacements are here. They arrived today.

I've got commitments tonight and tomorrow, but I hope to have time to dig into the sets this weekend and look them over. I'll do my best in the coming weeks to block out time for sorting, packing and shipping. But frankly, because SP didn't provide notice, it's going to be a bit of a scramble. I'll keep you updated.

Originally I had set aside international orders until last due to invoicing. This time, since everyone has to pay for shipping again, I think I'm going to pack and weigh everything, then invoice the sets on a first-come, first-served basis. US-based orders, please remember that the USPS has raised prices since original invoicing, so expect to pay a little more this time.

Thank you all for your patience through this ordeal. We're nearing the end of the tunnel.

My boards:
More

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #912 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:44:34 »
you da real mvp, njbair
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #913 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:55:25 »
Godspeed.

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #914 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:11:49 »

I've got commitments tonight and tomorrow, but I hope to have time to dig into the sets this weekend and look them over. I'll do my best in the coming weeks to block out time for sorting, packing and shipping. But frankly, because SP didn't provide notice, it's going to be a bit of a scramble. I'll keep you updated.

Originally I had set aside international orders until last due to invoicing. This time, since everyone has to pay for shipping again, I think I'm going to pack and weigh everything, then invoice the sets on a first-come, first-served basis. US-based orders, please remember that the USPS has raised prices since original invoicing, so expect to pay a little more this time.

Thank you all for your patience through this ordeal. We're nearing the end of the tunnel.

Just because some of us don't have a life, doesn't mean that you can't. Take your time; we've waited this long, so a couple of more days won't make any difference.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #915 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:12:24 »

I think that is the best way to go about it.  Let me know if you need any more bags, I still have a ton of them.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #916 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 00:12:49 »
The board I plan to install these on is still a ways out. So take your sweet, sweet time.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #917 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 07:46:01 »

I think that is the best way to go about it.  Let me know if you need any more bags, I still have a ton of them.   :thumb:
Damnit, I had something for this! Oh! Did the cocaine business not work out? You know? Cause... bags...

Offline Tyr

« Reply #918 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 14:11:10 »

Thanks for all the hard work. It takes a special kind of crazy to organise a gb  ;D

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #919 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 15:34:03 »

Thanks for all the hard work. It takes a special kind of crazy to organise a gb  ;D

True dat!

Offline derpingit

« Reply #920 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 02:57:09 »
thanks for all your hard work, njbair. i sent you a pm that i had not received invoice for shipping, but i'll wait my turn patiently if you planned to do that later. have a great weekend :D

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #921 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 06:43:38 »
Hey all, thanks for your kind words. If you sent me a PM rest assured I have it, I'll respond to all those soon. In case you're wondering, no invoices have gone out yet. I haven't even opened the shipping box yet!

And yes I suppose it does take a measure of insanity to do this. But who wants to just do boring, non-crazy things? That's no fun. Now, the real crazy one here is BlueNalgene, who is doing it again.

I'm planning to take a look at the caps tonight after the Mother's Day festivities are done. For the record though, given everything SP has been through with this order, I'm sure they went over it with a fine-toothed comb this time. I'll keep you posted.

My boards:
More

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #922 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 07:12:58 »
Ty for all the hard work and time you have put into this njbair

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #923 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 08:06:41 »
Great to see the caps are in.  :)  Thanks for all your work, njbair, and don't kill yourself just to get us our caps.  I can wait.  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #924 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 08:08:05 »
What Hoff said. Thanks for all your hard work on these caps. It's good to know you've at least got the caps in hand.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #925 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 21:42:43 »
And yes I suppose it does take a measure of insanity to do this. But who wants to just do boring, non-crazy things? That's no fun. Now, the real crazy one here is BlueNalgene, who is doing it again.

Oh staaaaahp.  I'm blushing.

Offline infodroid

« Reply #926 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 09:23:08 »
I am not sure why I ordered the Infinity Hacker Spacebar (6U) 2-Pack when I really needed the AEK II Spacebar (6.5U) 2-Pack. Is there anybody that wants to swap or who doesn't need their AEK II Spacebar pack? PM me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2016, 09:28:01 by infodroid »

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #927 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 16:22:49 »
I am not sure why I ordered the Infinity Hacker Spacebar (6U) 2-Pack when I really needed the AEK II Spacebar (6.5U) 2-Pack. Is there anybody that wants to swap or who doesn't need their AEK II Spacebar pack? PM me.

pm'd
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km˛), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km˛),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #928 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 19:30:17 »

Oh staaaaahp.  I'm blushing.

Self torture does produce an adrenaline rush for awhile.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #929 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 19:29:12 »
Well I finally managed to carve out some time at home without the family this evening so I could dig into this new shipment without "help" from a 4-year-old. Because although he means well, these caps are too valuable--and too lose-able--to risk it.

So here's what we've got:

I went through and checked a few sets, and indeed they all have stems the same height! The only problem I could find was that the replacement ISO enter key has an MX stem. But after going through and checking a bunch of original sets (I still have all the international orders on-hand), it looks like the mold for the ISO enters was correct, so the original ISO enters already match the new, corrected caps. So basically everyone gets a free Cherry MX ISO enter, I guess.

If you already have your order then all I need to do is box up your replacements and invoice you for shipping. If you don't already have your order, I'll cherry-pick the spacebars and ISO enter from the original order and pack it up with the replacements. I'll contact you to give you a choice whether you want to keep the mistaken originals as spares and pay for the extra shipping weight. As I've mentioned in the past if enough people opt not to keep their mistakes I'd love to eventually sift through them and put together as many good sets as possible using the mistakes and other leftover extras, then sell those extra sets in the classifieds with the proceeds going towards GeekHack's operational costs.

I'm going to start invoicing, but don't worry if I don't get to you this weekend. There's a good bit of hand-work involved here and I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks again for your patience.

My boards:
More

Offline SJHL

« Reply #930 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 19:32:49 »
Well I finally managed to carve out some time at home without the family this evening so I could dig into this new shipment without "help" from a 4-year-old. Because although he means well, these caps are too valuable--and too lose-able--to risk it.

So here's what we've got:

Show Image

I went through and checked a few sets, and indeed they all have stems the same height! The only problem I could find was that the replacement ISO enter key has an MX stem. But after going through and checking a bunch of original sets (I still have all the international orders on-hand), it looks like the mold for the ISO enters was correct, so the original ISO enters already match the new, corrected caps. So basically everyone gets a free Cherry MX ISO enter, I guess.

If you already have your order then all I need to do is box up your replacements and invoice you for shipping. If you don't already have your order, I'll cherry-pick the spacebars and ISO enter from the original order and pack it up with the replacements. I'll contact you to give you a choice whether you want to keep the mistaken originals as spares and pay for the extra shipping weight. As I've mentioned in the past if enough people opt not to keep their mistakes I'd love to eventually sift through them and put together as many good sets as possible using the mistakes and other leftover extras, then sell those extra sets in the classifieds with the proceeds going towards GeekHack's operational costs.

I'm going to start invoicing, but don't worry if I don't get to you this weekend. There's a good bit of hand-work involved here and I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks again for your patience.

Thank you for all of your hard work. Thank you SP for giving us ISO Enter MX\Alps keycap!  :p

Offline geniekid

« Reply #931 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 22:03:04 »
Thanks njbair.  We owe you one.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #932 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 09:01:54 »
There's a good bit of hand-work involved here and I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks again for your patience.

And we thank you for all that effort (especially since you didn't really sign up for this part).  :thumb:

Offline skaloola

« Reply #933 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 00:35:48 »
Wait a few pages back you said that the spacebars would be part of the replacements.

I got rid of the first batch already.  Did I mess up?  Am I going to be without spacebars for my replacement pack?  (I ordered 1x of each type of spacebar)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #934 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 00:56:03 »
Thank you for the update and all your hard work nj

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #935 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:08:22 »
A++ would join a njbair group buy again.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km˛), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km˛),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline derpingit

« Reply #936 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:38:12 »
Hi, njBar.. please don't forget me.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #937 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 19:55:20 »
Does the re-run include space bars as well?  I know those had mistakes already, but not sure if they also had the stem issue resolved in the re-run.

I was told they are going to re-run the entire order.

Wait a few pages back you said that the spacebars would be part of the replacements.

I got rid of the first batch already.  Did I mess up?  Am I going to be without spacebars for my replacement pack?  (I ordered 1x of each type of spacebar)

Any word on this?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #938 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 10:30:56 »
Hey, folks. I've set aside all day to work on boxing, weighing and invoicing. I hope to plow through a good chunk of orders here today. Last time seemed way easier than this. But then again I was starting with a blank slate, not a mish-mosh of some orders are already shipped and some are still here, this guy's order got returned to sender, and all kinds of other edge cases that have popped up since the first wave of shipping.

Unfortunately for you, the replacements do not include spacebars.

You're referring to this post:

Does the re-run include space bars as well?  I know those had mistakes already, but not sure if they also had the stem issue resolved in the re-run.

I was told they are going to re-run the entire order.

In my mind, I was expecting full replacement sets. But looking back through the email thread, SP never actually came out and said "we are going to re-run the entire set." Likewise, they never came out and said they were going to run a partial replacement order.

Originally when I contacted SP about the mismatched heights issue, Melissa asked me, "does it look like we need to re-run the entire set?" To which I replied, "I am willing to meet SP in the middle if you can think of a cheaper alternative to full replacement sets, but based on the info I have from buyers there is no apparent consistency to the issue."

That's basically where we left it. So my guess is that SP determined that the original run of spacebars were all produced using the correct molds and so there was no need to re-run them.

I feel bad that you're going to be stuck with no spacebars due to an innocent assumption. If you let me know which spacebars you actually plan to use I'll give them to you out of my personal sets and ship them to you with your replacements.

My boards:
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #939 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 11:02:39 »
International buyers, I just PM'd all of you individually about whether you want me to include the mistaken caps with your order. If you don't see it in your inbox, PM me your preference ASAP. Thanks.

My boards:
More

Offline joey

« Reply #940 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 11:06:16 »
Got the PM, thanks. In a few hours, I will review the shipping and get back to you :thumb:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #941 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 12:05:00 »
Bad news if you are waiting for blanks. SP forgot to include some of them in the replacement order, so if your order has blanks I'll have to table it until new replacements arrive. Sorry...

My boards:
More

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #942 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 19:21:54 »
International order with blanks here.

RIP my life  :))

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #943 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 01:45:15 »
For once I am grateful that I didn't order blanks

Offline harlw

« Reply #944 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 06:03:09 »
So many blanks in my order, lol. Feel so bad for you OP. This is a nightmare for you.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #945 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 09:45:54 »
Just heard back from Melissa at SP. She sounds as frustrated with the production issues as we are. She told me they'll start on the remakes ASAP.

Shipping-wise, this weekend I managed to get over half of the replacement orders boxed up and ready to be weighed, invoiced, and shipped. Some of you may start seeing shipping invoices arrive this week, depending on how my evenings go. It's looking like domestic orders will ship for around $8-$10. This is higher than the first time around, mostly because I undercharged last time and the USPS raised their rates in between when I sent out invoices and when I mailed out the sets. Your shipping cost will just be the cost of shipping from my address to your USPS shipping zone, plus a small flat per-buyer amount (~$1) to cover the cost of more boxes and packing materials.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a number of international folks about whether they want their mistake sets. In the meantime I'm prioritizing orders that are ready to go (i.e., not waiting on blanks), both domestic and international.

- njbair on my Monarch

My boards:
More

Offline joey

« Reply #946 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 09:54:56 »
I'm still waiting to hear back from a number of international folks about whether they want their mistake sets.

Totally slipped my mind, sorry. Set an alarm to do it tonight.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #947 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 14:25:23 »
Just heard back from Melissa at SP. She sounds as frustrated with the production issues as we are. She told me they'll start on the remakes ASAP.

Shipping-wise, this weekend I managed to get over half of the replacement orders boxed up and ready to be weighed, invoiced, and shipped. Some of you may start seeing shipping invoices arrive this week, depending on how my evenings go. It's looking like domestic orders will ship for around $8-$10. This is higher than the first time around, mostly because I undercharged last time and the USPS raised their rates in between when I sent out invoices and when I mailed out the sets. Your shipping cost will just be the cost of shipping from my address to your USPS shipping zone, plus a small flat per-buyer amount (~$1) to cover the cost of more boxes and packing materials.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a number of international folks about whether they want their mistake sets. In the meantime I'm prioritizing orders that are ready to go (i.e., not waiting on blanks), both domestic and international.

- njbair on my Monarch

I think the shipping price is very reasonable, especially when you explain the reasoning behind it. The way I see it, I'm getting two sets for the price of one plus additional shipping. My mistake set is still very much usable and it's currently on my V60MTS.

Again, only speaking for myself here, please take all the time you need. There's no rush to receive the replacement set on my end. If there are other people who want their sets ASAP for whatever reason, I don't mind moving further back in line.

And as always, thank you for your efforts.

Offline E3E

« Reply #948 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 23:14:39 »
Finally got a case for my second Alps Duck Eagle that I hotswap modded along with the original.
And it matches Alpine Winter very well! :D

Of course the cable or wrist rest doesn't match, but hey. :P I'll have to get some paracord again and a white rest or something.

It's an FMJ design #1. :D

Using SKCM Brown at the moment:

I tried this with like three or four different cap OG Alps sets mixed with the Badwrench DCS mod pack and Alpine Winter mods before I decided to just put Alpine Winter on entirely.  :-\

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #949 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 09:11:27 »
 So, will there be an Alpine Spring? Now that the waterbottle is teasing a 75% and a TK, I feel my wallet tingling...