Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2272608 times)

Offline Hypersphere

Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Replacements Received)
« Reply #950 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 11:00:07 »
@E3E: How do you like the brown Alps? I have a 60% custom hasu Alps64 with brown Alps that I purchased from another enthusiast who harvested the browns from a VideoWriter keyboard. I've put it in a black TEX aluminum case and changed the caps to blank black ABS modifiers from Matias and dye-sub PBT alphas from an IBM 5140. The switches from the VideoWriter seem heavier than those in the IBM 5140, but this might be partially due to the PCB mounting of the switches in the IBM. In any event, the brown Alps certainly have a pronounced tactile feedback; the board feels extremely solid.

When my Alpine Winter replacements arrive, I will try them out, possibly on one of my Matias-switch V60s.

I hope to find the time this summer to build my own 60% Alps; I am undecided about which switches to use. I have more brown Alps that I could desolder and brand new Matias Click and Matias Quiet switches, but I would like to try something different. I have some potential donor boards with white or salmon Alps, but the white Alps boards are too nice as they are and the salmon Alps feel like they need cleaning. I have yet to acquire a blue Alps board, and now the prices on these are ridiculously high.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #951 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:00:22 »
Have all the invoices for international shipping gone out yet because I didn't receive anything ?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #952 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 20:16:10 »
any update on the international orders?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #953 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:40:07 »
Hey everyone, apologies for my absence the past few weeks. I've been putting in 70+ work hours due to special projects. But I took this week off for vacation and I'm sitting down now to send out invoices and hope to finish packing up orders today.

In the meantime, the replacement blanks have arrived and I'm going to start sorting them once I get some invoices sent out.

Seriously everyone, thanks for not biting my head off after all the delays. Your patience has been incredible.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline axtran

« Reply #954 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:48:30 »
Thanks for the update, njbair! PM-ing you about my sets.
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #955 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:49:04 »
Hey everyone, apologies for my absence the past few weeks. I've been putting in 70+ work hours due to special projects. But I took this week off for vacation and I'm sitting down now to send out invoices and hope to finish packing up orders today.

In the meantime, the replacement blanks have arrived and I'm going to start sorting them once I get some invoices sent out.

Seriously everyone, thanks for not biting my head off after all the delays. Your patience has been incredible.
Life and Family first buddy.  Don't kill your whole vacation working on this stuff.  I am no hurry for mine, get those who don't have anything yet done first.   :thumb:

Thank you again for all the hard work. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #956 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 14:48:52 »
Any chance of any leftovers being available?

Offline Tyr

« Reply #957 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:17:34 »

Thanks for the check-in, we all know how life can get in the way of the really important stuff like keyboards  ;D

Offline SJHL

« Reply #958 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:50:55 »
Thanks for the update. Priority always comes first.

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #959 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:33:50 »
Invoice paid, thanks nj

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #960 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:05:40 »
I haven't installed my set yet because of the reported problems.  I should wait for the replacement set to be sure I don't have to uninstall and reinstall yes?

Offline E3E

« Reply #961 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 16:25:33 »
I haven't received an invoice yet, NJ.

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 18:21:16 »
Still waiting on my invoice as well
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #963 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 18:39:27 »
+1

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline SJHL

« Reply #965 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 11:06:14 »
I also didn't get an invoice but Im sure its being worked on.

Also, Im interested in blanks for the numberpad if anyone has it for sale. Need 1u keycap for "0" key, though.

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #966 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 17:55:42 »
Same..

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #967 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 10:11:53 »
Hey guys. I just sent out another wave of invoices, which puts us at about the halfway mark. So if you haven't received your invoice yet don't worry, there's only a 50% chance I've gotten to you so far. International addresses are much harder to figure out. The USPS provides domestic rates in a nice little table, with rates based on zip code shipping zones. International orders, on the other hand, are based on voodoo and black magic as far as I can tell.

So I kind of need some advice on how to choose international rates. Is cheaper always better or do you guys want things like insurance? For those of you who have shipped internationally before, I'm open to any advice you can provide on streamlining the process of getting rates and generating labels.

One more thing, I'm sorry for the radio silence lately. I promised myself not to indulge in the keyboard hobby anymore until I get through these replacements, but an unintended side effect is that I haven't been around much.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #968 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 10:40:36 »
Tracking numbers is really the only must-have. Insurance is a joke.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #969 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 11:06:14 »
I'm pretty sure nobody ever bothers with insurance when shipping internationally, so I doubt anyone would expect that.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #970 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 11:18:20 »
Yep. Even if they accept the receipt (which is doubtful in a group buy scenario), we'll just be stuck with the money and have to wait til a rerun to get what we actually wanted :|

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #971 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 15:31:37 »
Ok so it sounds like insurance is a no-go, that actually helps a lot.

I'm going to look into one of those multi-service shipping rate retrieval tools like Shipgooder. That might make quicker work of this.

My boards:
More

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #972 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 15:48:11 »
Wow, you americans really DID kill the english language...

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #973 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 15:55:57 »
Wow, you americans really DID kill the english language...
Shipgooder? I think we just ran out of dot-coms thanks to cyber-squatters.

My boards:
More

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #975 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 17:22:25 »
+1

+2

+3
A chance, yes. A fair number of international buyers declined their mistake sets so I should be able to piece together some full correct sets. As previously stated, all proceeds will go to GH. But I'm not even going to mess with that until all original buyers have their orders.

My boards:
More

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #976 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 17:23:37 »
+1

+2

+3
A chance, yes. A fair number of international buyers declined their mistake sets so I should be able to piece together some full correct sets. As previously stated, all proceeds will go to GH. But I'm not even going to mess with that until all original buyers have their orders.
Thanks for the response, I'm in no rush anyway.

Offline nateth

« Reply #977 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 23:23:40 »
+1

+2

+3

Please put me in for a set when you get the chance to piece together a few sets.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #978 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 23:42:26 »
+1

+2

+3

No rush! Thanks for thinking of those who missed out.  ;)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #979 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:27:08 »
Let's make them pay triple  :D

Offline braidn

« Reply #980 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 13:23:52 »
NJ, just paid up for re-shipping of replacements. Thank you so much for this. Also will you be shipping to the same address as before because if so  :thumb: . You da best.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #981 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 15:18:21 »
+1

+2

+3

Good news! I'll try and check on this thread periodically. If there are any left I would gladly buy one (or two!)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #982 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 23:20:14 »
Any update on when we can expect international orders to ship?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #983 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 22:46:12 »

I think more than enough time has passed for an update

Offline derpingit

« Reply #984 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 22:47:05 »

Agreed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #985 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 00:22:45 »

I'm domestic and I still haven't been shipped my fixed set. Patience is a virtue!

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #986 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 00:57:49 »
I'm eager to throw money at you, but waiting on the invoice.  The warranty people at LG were a little suspicious when I claimed "monitors should be capable of me throwing my money at them... including coins."
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #987 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:36:22 »
Mine just got shipped today (label created on the 2nd). Should be here Thursday or Friday.

So fear not fellow Alps lovers, @njbair is making progress!

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #988 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 08:09:37 »
Mine got shipped yesterday as well and is on the way to me so he is still around, hope he is alright

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #989 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 08:14:34 »
Of course he is, he told us he's just less active. A GB is a huge deal, I can totally imagine him being a little "enough already" about mechs while dealing with the shipping of all those kits.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #990 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 22:34:44 »
Mine arrived today, thanks njbair!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #991 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 11:31:26 »
I got mine.  Thanks bud.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #992 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 12:17:38 »
Great to see this finally wrapping up  :)  Ready to pay the extra shipping to get mine sent up to Canada as soon as the invoice comes in!

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #993 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 13:24:31 »
Got mine as well! Now to fix all the stems so I don't lose any switches.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #994 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 14:15:19 »

How do you do that? Could you show me?

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #995 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 14:34:16 »

njbiar has the fix here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75515.msg2037974#msg2037974

The gist is you need to trim the back corners of the stem. I have a flat x-acto blade that works really well for me.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #996 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 15:52:57 »

njbiar has the fix here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75515.msg2037974#msg2037974

The gist is you need to trim the back corners of the stem. I have a flat x-acto blade that works really well for me.

Ah I see it now, neat!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #997 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 15:29:48 »
Quick update: I've created labels for another two dozen orders today, I'll get them shipped out this week and keep plugging along as time allows. Thanks as always for your patience, folks.

My boards:
More

Offline scubaste

« Reply #998 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 15:35:34 »
Quick update: I've created labels for another two dozen orders today, I'll get them shipped out this week and keep plugging along as time allows. Thanks as always for your patience, folks.

Thanks for your persistence and updates, I'm sure you are as ready as anyone to complete this!  :thumb:

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #999 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:31:54 »

Big thumbs up for going above and beyond to make sure everything is top notch.  It is well appreciated.  I've waited to pit the keycaps on until I got the corrected set and I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning when my new set arrives.  thanks!