Author Topic: Does the Ducky One 2 TKL fit in a Filco specified case?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline AEKlarye

Does the Ducky One 2 TKL fit in a Filco specified case?
« on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 00:15:54 »
I recently purchased an MK disco and put it in this case https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32617566709.html. Everything is fine. but I'm not pleased with the RGB (I work in the dark, so I kind of need it). Does anyone know if the Ducky One 2 TKL will fit in that case? (The spacing between the number keys and the F keys, and the spacing from the right CTRL and the arrow keys)

I know that ducky partnered with mechanicalkeyboards.com to produce the MK disco, but I don't know if the Ducky one 2 TKL fits the Filco specified cases

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Does the Ducky One 2 TKL fit in a Filco specified case?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 08:57:04 »
More than likely no.
I know the older Duckys didn't fit the older Tex and Vortex case, it was close but not quite, I doubt the v2 is any different.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline AEKlarye

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 20:12:46 »
I know that mechanicalkeyboards.com collaborated with ducky to produce the disco, but did MK.com not use a pre-existing ducky PCB for the disco, and do their own with the filco spacing?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 22:15:58 »
Mk probably asked for some changes so it would be compatible because they had an inventory of aluminum Filco cases to get rid of. Minor changes like this are pretty easy.

Also you're only looking at one aspect, the pcb can be the same but a different connector for the USB or extension cable, or just a small plate differences, any of these can ruin compatibility. Even a moved LED can create issues, for example the Costar based Cooler Master fits the Filco case, the caps lock indicator is just left empty, but you can't put the Filco into the Cooler Master case because it lacks the holes for those LEDs. if you remove the LEDs it works fine, so is it compatible? Sort of.

Why not just email them and ask.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline AEKlarye

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 23:31:33 »
I just called them and the technician at ducky said that the design they gave to MK.com was pretty old, and they don't know if the One 2 TKL will fit, but they get that question alot...