Author Topic: [CLOSED] SP-111 - Split Southpaw Keyboard  (Read 103918 times)

Offline Bayonett Priest

Re: [CLOSED] SP-111 - Split Southpaw Keyboard
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 13:06:13 »
The Key Company discord is where updates would be posted. It’s still in transit, and I don’t think that’s terribly surprising given the delays in international shipping. If you ordered from TKC likely a few more months.
i ordered from candykeys

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 15:10:00 »
Could conceivably be faster to when it’s in your hands than me in the states. Holiday/New Years never speeds anything up, though...

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 20:36:03 »
From what I understand they are just waiting for some of the stuff to arrive, as parts are slowly coming in but not enough to actually ship anything yet. So we are not that far off, just not sure on an exact date/timeline atm.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 19:28:27 »
From what I understand they are just waiting for some of the stuff to arrive, as parts are slowly coming in but not enough to actually ship anything yet. So we are not that far off, just not sure on an exact date/timeline atm.

Thanks for the update. I wish TKC was more detailed in their updates.. One can dream 😄

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 23:43:31 »
For those wondering, GB orders from TKC have started to ship!!! Sorry for the long wait but we are getting closer to finishing round 1 of the SP-111.

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 01:44:31 »
For those wondering, GB orders from TKC have started to ship!!! Sorry for the long wait but we are getting closer to finishing round 1 of the SP-111.

Got my shipping notice today with the white one included.

Calling it round 1 gives me hope for round 2...

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 06:08:15 »
The discord update on Monday said the white ones were still in production whilst the black and navy were shipping.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 11:09:14 »

Got my shipping notice today with the white one included.

Calling it round 1 gives me hope for round 2...

Oh there will be a round 2 for sure. No date set at all but I would love to do more with this in the future.

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 11:52:46 »
The discord update on Monday said the white ones were still in production whilst the black and navy were shipping.
I asked about e-white this morning on the discord server, and was told
>"E-White is shipping. Approved it a couple days ago"

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 08:06:04 »
I asked about e-white this morning on the discord server, and was told
>"E-White is shipping. Approved it a couple days ago"

Just got my shipping notification for e-white as well.
Hell yeah :)

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 11:12:36 »
https://imgur.com/a/9xLFslT

from discord last afternoon. Anyone else got a blue one? This one seems fairly nautilus nightmares (which, honestly, I'm pretty good with). The pantone in there was the initial color.

I was initially gonna re-anodize one of them, but then I wanted to see gmk matrix on the blue...
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 December 2020, 11:47:18 by IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES »

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 11:22:00 »
Damn that is a great color, solarized dark would be aces with it

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 11:48:24 »

Glad it's not just me. not what I ordered but solarized dark, NN, shark bait?, maybe GMK Baltic when it ships in mid 2022...

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 18:56:20 »

Glad it's not just me. not what I ordered but solarized dark, NN, shark bait?, maybe GMK Baltic when it ships in mid 2022...

You are not alone, I love the color though it is an error unfortunately. TKC is handling it behind the scenes to see if it is a one off issue or stems further, which I also don't know given I haven't seen the blue ones in person.

Also just got my black sp-111 and can't wait to build it!!

Offline Danteh

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 08:43:44 »
Just now seeing this for the first time and I would love to get in on round 2 whenever it comes around. This is exactly what I've been looking for in a board for a long time.

Offline xarkkon

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 08:28:33 »

I'm the same guy as in the discord that had the problem. Love the colour (it's more vibrant in person than in the photo), but annoyed that my calm depths won't go with it and that i'll need another keycaps set if I am to retain this scheme. Definitely will need to wait for a run of Nautilus Nightmares again, or just have Blindassassin come up with that USPS nightmares that he has lined up...

Offline Hackerpilot

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 23:24:01 »
Now I'm torn between being disappointed that the color is wrong, and excited to see how it pairs with GMK Botanical.

Offline Hackerpilot

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 23:40:05 »
This should give a better idea of what the color looks like:

• Olive
  • Space Cadet
  • Shoko
  • Nines
  • White-on-Black
  • ASCII

Offline Buster69

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 13:47:21 »
Getting around to put the Sp-111 together, but running into a small issue.  When I plug in the pcb, windows is finding it fine, but in VIA it is not discovering it.  Keytester works though.  Am I missing something?  Do I have to upload keymap or something?

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 14:31:06 »
Getting around to put the Sp-111 together, but running into a small issue.  When I plug in the pcb, windows is finding it fine, but in VIA it is not discovering it.  Keytester works though.  Am I missing something?  Do I have to upload keymap or something?

Have you flashed the firmware viktus_sp111_via.hex from https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware/ ?

Offline Buster69

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 14:51:17 »

Have you flashed the firmware viktus_sp111_via.hex from https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware/ ?
Yes, I think that is my issue, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  I eventually found the hex file in qmk configurator and was able to compile everything.  But when I try to flash in qmk toolbox, it says there are no devices available :/.  The only boards I've built, I've just plugged them in and VIA finds them right away so I guess I have been spoiled.  I also tried to save the json file and upload through VIA, but no dice

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 14:57:35 »

Yes, I think that is my issue, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  I eventually found the hex file in qmk configurator and was able to compile everything.  But when I try to flash in qmk toolbox, it says there are no devices available :/.  The only boards I've built, I've just plugged them in and VIA finds them right away so I guess I have been spoiled.  I also tried to save the json file and upload through VIA, but no dice

The file in qmk configurator is not going to be VIA compatible. You have to use the firmware from the link I mentioned. To flash with qmk toolbox: run qmk toolbox, connect your keyboard, press the reset button under the pcb(sometimes there is key combination to reset the pcb but I don't know if sp111 has that) and then qmk toolbox should see it.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 14:59:51 »

The file in qmk configurator is not going to be VIA compatible. You have to use the firmware from the link I mentioned. To flash with qmk toolbox: run qmk toolbox, connect your keyboard, press the reset button under the pcb(sometimes there is key combination to reset the pcb but I don't know if sp111 has that) and then qmk toolbox should see it.
Ya, I was a bit confused at first.  I haven't had to use QMK in awhile.  I figured out my issue though, it looks like I was using the wrong hex file, not sure where I found the original one but it wasn't the viktus one...  Once I used that, I was able to flash it fine and now I can see everything perfect.  Thank you for the help!!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 21:17:00 »

The reason was via wasn't merged until after production of the pcbs finished unfortunately so the firmware preloaded wasn't compatible. But the QMK firmware is VIA compatible, you don't have to go to via to find it. The only change is a vendor ID and product ID that is known by via hence it needing to be merged on their end but the QMK firmware has the IDs in it to allow it to work.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 22:00:25 »

The reason was via wasn't merged until after production of the pcbs finished unfortunately so the firmware preloaded wasn't compatible. But the QMK firmware is VIA compatible, you don't have to go to via to find it. The only change is a vendor ID and product ID that is known by via hence it needing to be merged on their end but the QMK firmware has the IDs in it to allow it to work.

Files generated through config.qmk.fm are not VIA compatible due to how config.qmk.fm works, it's a limitation of the way it's written. Straight-compiled QMK doesn't store keymaps in EEPROM, nor does it bake in the path through the HID descriptor allowing VIA to rewrite the keymap using raw HID messaging.

While it is true that you don't have to go through caniusevia.com, it is the easiest to get to repository of VIA-enabled firmwares that are known good.

Offline yuejia

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 01:27:46 »
It’s really Nice!! That is so beautiful!!

Offline meanie

• trouble club
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 06:47:23 »
I'm only just finding out about this keyboard and it looks perfect for my work setup, any chance to get an extra at this point?

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 13:57:14 »
I'm only just finding out about this keyboard and it looks perfect for my work setup, any chance to get an extra at this point?

TKC has said they have extras. When? Dunno. The designer also mentioned in this thread an R2 is possible/likely.

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 18:34:52 »
I have a peculiar issue in that I cannot remap my backspace. Period.
I downloaded and flashed the viktus_sp111_via.hex and got the board working in VIA. I can remap every other key without any issues whatsoever but for some reason I can't remap the full backspace which is permanently bound to 'Delete'.
I can change it's mapping in VIA but it has no effect on that key at all. It continues to operate solely as 'Delete'.
Any ideas?

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 18:36:49 »
I downloaded and flashed the viktus_sp111_via.hex and got the board working in VIA. I can remap every other key without any issues whatsoever but for some reason I can't remap the full backspace which is permanently bound to 'Delete'.
I can change it's mapping in VIA but it has no effect on that key at all. It continues to operate solely as 'Delete'.
Any ideas?

You need to set is as split backspace layout and set both keys to backspace.

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 19:07:08 »
Any ideas?

You need to set is as split backspace layout and set both keys to backspace.
That did it! That was quick too, thank you!

Offline hackattack

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 09:41:59 »
Has this layout been merged into qmk_firmware repo? I can't seem to find it

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 11:31:03 »

Offline hackattack

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 11:34:52 »
Has this layout been merged into qmk_firmware repo? I can't seem to find it

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/viktus/sp111
Perfect, thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 08:02:32 »
Recieved my PCB in the UK! 
Now just waiting until BlindAssassin111 releases the files so i can get some acrylic cut  ;)

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 20:33:34 »
Will there be any extras?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline orim23

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 16:40:27 »
We haven't gotten our boards from candykeys yet...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Nastykoolaidz

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 23:43:45 »
Is there any extras or a R2 planned?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 00:17:52 »
Is there any extras or a R2 planned?

TKC will have extras at some point (no clue on the date) and I will have an R2 this year as well.

Offline Eipplepod

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 07:59:49 »
Today I got mine from Candykeys!
Sadly the blue is not as expected but I can still work with that and it does indeed look fantastic.

Offline SpazticsOG

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 13:16:24 »
I am so upset I missed this  :'(

Legit my dream keeb.

Offline dukedagod

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 21:59:02 »
Any chance for a plate with flex cuts next round?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 22:01:17 »
Any chance for a plate with flex cuts next round?

Would require a redesign to even utilize flex cuts. Not sure how you would get around the fact the plate has to touch the sides of the bottom where the two halves meet. Would be noisy with movement.

Offline LongLostLee

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 13:59:09 »
What leds does anyone recommend for the 3 inserts on the left pcb?

Offline orim23

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 03:53:27 »
What leds does anyone recommend for the 3 inserts on the left pcb?
Did you found out? I have the same question. Dont want to finish the build without LEDs. (I have no clue about LEDs, but cant stand them being empty!)

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:28:33 »
I used 3mm LED's.

Offline orim23

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:27:50 »
I used 3mm LED's.

Thank you! Do you know what voltage they have? I asume not all will work. (Clueless here)

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:34:21 »
The ones I used are 3 volts

Offline orim23

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:51:00 »

Thanks. Will order some...

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 13:44:53 »

Thanks. Will order some...

Sorry for not getting back sooner, The board was designed for 3mm LEDs and for anything around the 2v - 3.5v range for forward voltage. Hope you can find what you are wanting!!!