Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 579841 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:55:39 »
I had a PM, checked it, when to the homepage and I keep getting a pop up saying I have a new PM. No new pm, same one being marked as unread.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #751 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:56:05 »
My "Show new replies to your posts." page keeps showing the exact same threads, even after I click on said threads. Also, a lot of threads are not showing new posts. Anyone else experiencing weirdness? I'm on Chrome BTW

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #752 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 08:07:06 »
And it won't let me edit the post.  I wanted to add that it happens with Chrome on OSX too, but when I typed that in the modify window and posted, it said I haev already made that post and was I trying to resubmit, which I wasn't.

I had this problem too...reload overriding cache (ctrl+f5 or ctrl+shift+r) had not effect.

== == == == ==

I had a PM, checked it, when to the homepage and I keep getting a pop up saying I have a new PM. No new pm, same one being marked as unread.

This just happened to me too...going to the unread pm and then reload overriding cache (ctrl+f5 or ctrl+shift+r) marked it as read.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 08:12:21 »
i had the same problem with PMs

i also just went to bump a thread in classifieds and it didn't show up in spy :confused:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #754 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 08:25:20 »
My "Show new replies to your posts." page keeps showing the exact same threads, even after I click on said threads. Also, a lot of threads are not showing new posts. Anyone else experiencing weirdness? I'm on Chrome BTW

Yeah can confirm. Spy isn't updating itself, and when I do go to a thread that has a new post, I need to refresh that thread before actually seeing that new post.

Chrome as well.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #755 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:34:28 »
Can't post a damn thing. Keep getting time outs saying I took too long to post
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:36:35 by demik »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #756 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:15:14 »
I'm getting posts that are disappearing, my inbox says was saying there was a new message (there wasn't) and now it's saying there are two new messages, and there isn't...

Chrome on my work PC is even worse, at the moment I'm on safari on loliphone and its better but still a mess

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #757 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:22:09 »
I'm getting posts that are disappearing, my inbox says was saying there was a new message (there wasn't) and now it's saying there are two new messages, and there isn't...

Chrome on my work PC is even worse, at the moment I'm on safari on loliphone and its better but still a mess

just hit refresh baldgye, but you have to do it on every page, very annoying, unless you manually refresh it displays each page as you last saw it for some reason
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #758 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:39:55 »
It seems like most threads won't appear as "read" for me, the main page still shows as if I haven't look at any of the boards.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #759 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:57:59 »
time is broken

F5 required on every page to be in the present, or else you're in the past

this is a major glitch
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #760 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:01:57 »
time is broken

F5 required on every page to be in the present, or else you're in the past

this is a major glitch
Same here. Couldn't figure it out until you mentioned it.

EDIT: Also, when I try to mark all my new replies read I get this error message:
"An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:04:03 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #761 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:13:48 »
I have real life important **** PMs I can't read or send!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #762 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:11:58 »

just hit refresh baldgye, but you have to do it on every page, very annoying, unless you manually refresh it displays each page as you last saw it for some reason

Ahh ok... Will have to try and remember, was going to try and clear my cache but couldn't due to it being a work PC

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #763 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:15:48 »
Can't post a damn thing. Keep getting time outs saying I took too long to post
The site is acting weird today.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #764 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:31:04 »
Looking into things now...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #765 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:41:03 »
thanks iMav

i suddenly imagined you fixing this problem by punching the GH server just like you punched that wall...

now i want to find that video...
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:45:03 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #766 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:46:30 »
thanks iMav

i suddenly imagined you fixing this problem by punching the GH server just like you punched that wall...

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #767 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:48:17 »
thanks iMav

10/10 would watch again a million times.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #768 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:50:33 »
thanks iMav

10/10 would watch again a million times.

could watch it on loop for hours and still be funny
tp thread is tp thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #769 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 15:15:54 »
And that smoke detector too ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #770 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 16:25:47 »
Anyone have to manual refresh their webpage browser to see updated unread topics and unread PMs?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #771 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 16:59:10 »
Anyone have to manual refresh their webpage browser to see updated unread topics and unread PMs?

Yes - read the dozen or so posts in this thread before yours :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iMav

« Reply #772 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 16:59:25 »

Yep. It's a known bug that we are currently investigating...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #773 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 19:51:46 »
trizkut's post is broken for some reason. Not the video, but the layout around it.

Offline iMav

« Reply #774 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:36:00 »
trizkut's post is broken for some reason. Not the video, but the layout around it.

Known issue.  It's on the list.  :)

Offline iMav

« Reply #775 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:37:27 »
Refresh issue should be resolved...and the Spy should be working now.  Check it out and report back!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #776 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:38:04 »
gracias Señor iMav

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #777 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:48:29 »
testing

test successful, thanks iMav

EDIT: let me rephrase... Spy works, but I still need to refresh each page to get the new posts since my last visit to load

EDIT 2: and now Spy is broken again...

EDIT 3: it's intermittent...

EDIT 4: disregard, seems fine now
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:59:49 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #778 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:59:26 »
Videos are still messing with threads and making them look weird. Thanks for looking into and fixing everything iMav.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #779 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:31:31 »
Looks good so far.

And seems more responsive too!

Edits work :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #780 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:35:26 »
And I thought the refresh issue was just my phone, as I hadn't seen the issue, then updated phone to 5.1, and then saw the issue.  Glad its fixed, thanks iMav. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #781 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:38:14 »
Refresh is still causing an issue on my end.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #782 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:26:32 »
Anyone else not able to see sent PM's?  Sent two within the last hour that aren't showing up in my sent items tab, wondering if the recipients have even received them.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #783 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:27:52 »
Anyone else not able to see sent PM's?  Sent two within the last hour that aren't showing up in my sent items tab, wondering if the recipients have even received them.

Yeah, I'm having issues with PM's still.  It either hangs or goes through but then doesn't show up in my sent items tab.  A few of my recent conversations are also missing the last one or two replies in the chain. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #784 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:39:55 »
A PM I sent this morning (about 7 hours ago) appears in my sent items.

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #785 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 02:03:34 »
Hey, Am finding that after viewing threads in my watched section they stay unchanged, almost like the viewed information isn't being updated.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #786 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 09:42:27 »
the stale pages and spy have been resolved. there are some issues with queues not being emptied quickly enough that i think are database transaction issues -- we're submitting more database queries and modification than previously by an order of magnitude, but the database is still running on a single process

the layout issues are complex, and weren't due to a code change, which is extremely odd. we're also currently without a dev environment, so it's difficult to make large changes as they can't be tested before deployment. i'm fixing those things as i have time, but in the meantime, weirdness will happen. that said, i have repro of the layout errors, so i shouldn't need more reports to debug. again, it's the lack of a development environment that's holding rknize and i back at the moment.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #787 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:38:58 »
the stale pages and spy have been resolved. there are some issues with queues not being emptied quickly enough that i think are database transaction issues -- we're submitting more database queries and modification than previously by an order of magnitude, but the database is still running on a single process

the layout issues are complex, and weren't due to a code change, which is extremely odd. we're also currently without a dev environment, so it's difficult to make large changes as they can't be tested before deployment. i'm fixing those things as i have time, but in the meantime, weirdness will happen. that said, i have repro of the layout errors, so i shouldn't need more reports to debug. again, it's the lack of a development environment that's holding rknize and i back at the moment.

Cheers for the update and the good work with the site.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #788 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:53:06 »
threads arent being marked as read again

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:42:47 »
Videos are messing with threads again. I can't get the videos to work or preview threads when I have a video embedded.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #790 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 08:19:03 »
If I see a post in spy, click on it and reply, then hit back to go back to spy, my spy isn't updating. It reverts to whatever spy previously was and not the most up to date spy.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #791 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 08:20:31 »
If I see a post in spy, click on it and reply, then hit back to go back to spy, my spy isn't updating. It reverts to whatever spy previously was and not the most up to date spy.

Yeah it seems that if you open a thread that has been answered very recently , it isn't marked as read.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #792 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 02:22:28 »
Not really sure if this is just a bug on my end, but since the site relaunch I have been experiencing GH not loading fully or even coming up on my mobile phone sometimes. It's usually hit or miss when I can see the site. Tried both on wifi and LTE with the same results each time it happens.
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #793 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:02:13 »

this is happening on and off

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #794 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:04:42 »

I click on a thread from my unread topics, read it, then hit the back page button on my mouse and instead of it disappearing it is still there. This didnt use to happen. Now when I got back to unread topics I have to refresh the page. Is this just me?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #795 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:05:56 »

I click on a thread from my unread topics, read it, then hit the back page button on my mouse and instead of it disappearing it is still there. This didnt use to happen. Now when I got back to unread topics I have to refresh the page. Is this just me?

Nope, and, coincidentally, it just happened to me on this thread.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #796 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:37:36 »

Nope, and, coincidentally, it just happened to me on this thread.

It happens to me on every thread, ever since the ddos.  :(

Offline iMav

« Reply #797 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 19:26:39 »
Embedded videos should be fixed (from a formatting standpoint).  Take a look and report back.  :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #798 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 20:09:56 »
thank you internetMav!

the what are you listening to thread no longer makes me weep

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #799 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:02:53 »
Yay, videos don't kill the threads for me anymore. /happy dance