Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370070 times)

Offline woyaodapian

Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 (poll added)
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 01:57:50 »
My more well-composed thoughts after reading through all the other feedback:

0.) USB-C. Idk if that was mentioned, but I feel like that is a must in 2020. For me at least.
1.) Prefer badge-less, particularly if it means more keys. If there is a badge, prefer OG position

1.) *EDIT* After looking through pics of Think v1, OG badge is growing on me, especially if multiple colors and buying multiple is an option. Swapping out badges for fun/to match keycap sets seems fun.

2.) Absolutely agree with removing '2020.' This is not shaping up to be a year anyone will want to remember / have their board associated with
3.) Polycarbonate (frosted) is my preference by an enormous margin; there are lots of aluminum options but far fewer PC options
4.) I've seen boards with brass plates under frosted polycarbonate, and I love that look. I don't have a huge preference for plate material, but I would very likely go with brass if offered (brass should be sealed or otherwise coated though)
5.) Please don't do split backspace unless it is in addition to normal backspace
6.) VIA compatibility would be an awesome PCB feature. It makes getting started with the hobby much easier (especially when combined with hotswap) and makes it easier to help people get started with the hobby (makes for an easier 'gateway' keyboard if you will)
7.) Hotswap is great, but a previous comment mentioned GMK keycaps were hitting the switch housing on some southfacing switches. That seems bad. I'd definitely rather solder than deal with keycaps striking the switch housing.
8.) If hotswap is done, I would personally suggest something like an ANSI(-ish) layout for the hotswap and then a secondary standard PCB if demand for other layouts is high.

Thanks so much for bringing this back! I'm super excited for it, and am 100% in if frosted polycarbonate is an option! Hope you're healthy and safe, and thank you so much for the engagement with feedback!

+1!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 02:22:50 »
Also +1 for the new rubber foot design. The four diagonal strips look cool. I missed round one, but my understanding is it used four dots in the corners. Is that right? If so, the new strip idea seems like it will provide better traction.

Offline MadsMe

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:04:44 »
I just thought about having the highest voted bagde option for u1 be the bagde on the 2u also, seeing as it seems to fit sizewise?
Personally I think the boat would go very well with the anchor!

Offline owltro

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:08:39 »
Hey oldcat, just wanted to say that in the poll you just added, I personally could not tell which badge was "marine compass" and which was "regular compass." For the record, I like the lower left badge! (I think it's regular compass...?) Love the board btw, hope polycarbonate makes it to production!

Offline Pynt

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 04:03:43 »
Hey, Will be very interested if there is gonna be ISO support

Offline dibkib

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 07:44:58 »
Definitely interested in this.

I'm not particularly interested in a maritime theme, however, and I'd prefer the original badge (in its original place, not a fan of the top one) to any of the new ones offered. I also don't really like the anchor on the bottom of the board. I also really hope that rose gold is offered again, because it's so rare to find keyboards in the colourway. It also did not give me the option in the feedback form, but I'd be equally interested in grabbing a polycarb and aluminium boards.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 08:41:32 »
Hey, Will be very interested if there is gonna be ISO support

+1
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 09:58:41 »

0.) USB-C. Idk if that was mentioned, but I feel like that is a must in 2020. For me at least.
1.) Prefer badge-less, particularly if it means more keys. If there is a badge, prefer OG position

1.) *EDIT* After looking through pics of Think v1, OG badge is growing on me, especially if multiple colors and buying multiple is an option. Swapping out badges for fun/to match keycap sets seems fun.

2.) Absolutely agree with removing '2020.' This is not shaping up to be a year anyone will want to remember / have their board associated with
3.) Polycarbonate (frosted) is my preference by an enormous margin; there are lots of aluminum options but far fewer PC options
4.) I've seen boards with brass plates under frosted polycarbonate, and I love that look. I don't have a huge preference for plate material, but I would very likely go with brass if offered (brass should be sealed or otherwise coated though)
5.) Please don't do split backspace unless it is in addition to normal backspace
6.) VIA compatibility would be an awesome PCB feature. It makes getting started with the hobby much easier (especially when combined with hotswap) and makes it easier to help people get started with the hobby (makes for an easier 'gateway' keyboard if you will)
7.) Hotswap is great, but a previous comment mentioned GMK keycaps were hitting the switch housing on some southfacing switches. That seems bad. I'd definitely rather solder than deal with keycaps striking the switch housing.
8.) If hotswap is done, I would personally suggest something like an ANSI(-ish) layout for the hotswap and then a secondary standard PCB if demand for other layouts is high.

Thanks so much for bringing this back! I'm super excited for it, and am 100% in if frosted polycarbonate is an option! Hope you're healthy and safe, and thank you so much for the engagement with feedback!

Hey bro, thanks for the well thought out and well crafted feedback. Much appreciated. And here are some quick responses, certainly working on most of these:

YES this is a must. USB-type C with C-A and C-C support, which has been done in the original Think6.5 already.

Unsure if I will do badgeless again, from the data perspective, there were not that many people choosing badgeless during the R1 Think6.5 GB, and adding a different top piece increases production costs significantly. If cost permits, I would like to offer 2 badge position options this time as opposed to having badgeless. Hope you understand.

This is being worked on. What is uncertain atm is if we add "Think" engraving to where 2020 is on the bottom, many friends seem to want Think engraving on the bottom.

Agreed, will certainly try to offer it. That being said, PC will be about 10% more costly to produce based on the R1 run.

I personally do not enjoy brass plate's feel or sound. We will find out about plate material as we move this project forward. I am thinking about PEEK, FR4 and some other softer but high quality plastic materials.

The plate will offer some conventional compatibility (ANSI, split BS, 7u space, ISO). So no worries there.

Thanks. I believe the community will probably work on VIA support, if not I will try to find a friend to help out with the programming. Unsure if I will consider this a "gateway" board. I plan to make it an endgame board actually. It is very unlikely we will see hotswap, mainly because hotswap doesn't work well with gasket mount design. And also production complexity and costs.

At this time I am not planning to offer hotswap, for the reasons mentioned above.

R1 was an ANSI hotswap. It worked well because we have a 4.5mm thick plate. But now we change to gasket, hotswap will not work that well

Again, thanks for your feedback. And hoping this reply helps address some of your questions!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:00:24 by oldcat »

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:05:55 »

Hey bro, thanks for the well thought out and well crafted feedback. Much appreciated. And here are some quick responses, certainly working on most of these:

YES this is a must. USB-type C with C-A and C-C support, which has been done in the original Think6.5 already.

Unsure if I will do badgeless again, from the data perspective, there were not that many people choosing badgeless during the R1 Think6.5 GB, and adding a different top piece increases production costs significantly. If cost permits, I would like to offer 2 badge position options this time as opposed to having badgeless. Hope you understand.

This is being worked on. What is uncertain atm is if we add "Think" engraving to where 2020 is on the bottom, many friends seem to want Think engraving on the bottom.

Agreed, will certainly try to offer it. That being said, PC will be about 10% more costly to produce based on the R1 run.

I personally do not enjoy brass plate's feel or sound. We will find out about plate material as we move this project forward. I am thinking about PEEK, FR4 and some other softer but high quality plastic materials.

The plate will offer some conventional compatibility (ANSI, split BS, 7u space, ISO). So no worries there.

Thanks. I believe the community will probably work on VIA support, if not I will try to find a friend to help out with the programming. Unsure if I will consider this a "gateway" board. I plan to make it an endgame board actually. It is very unlikely we will see hotswap, mainly because hotswap doesn't work well with gasket mount design. And also production complexity and costs.

At this time I am not planning to offer hotswap, for the reasons mentioned above.

R1 was an ANSI hotswap. It worked well because we have a 4.5mm thick plate. But now we change to gasket, hotswap will not work that well

Again, thanks for your feedback. And hoping this reply helps address some of your questions!
Would appreciate if hotswap is included, at least as an option at extra cost, I just can't decide on one switch.

Also will the toxic colorway shown in render be available? I would love that.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:32:41 »
Oldcat, I absolutely love my Thinks. The e-yellow is my daily driver. It has two problems. One of the keys in the rightmost column and the Caps Lock key are oriented the other way, south instead of north-facing, which makes Cherry profile keys hit the switches on press.

Please consider this in the PCB design and make them all north-facing.

(Attachment Link)

South-facing, not north-facing. North-facing cutout is the orientation that causes premature bottom-out issues with R3 Cherry profile caps.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 11:22:23 »
Oldcat, I absolutely love my Thinks. The e-yellow is my daily driver. It has two problems. One of the keys in the rightmost column and the Caps Lock key are oriented the other way, south instead of north-facing, which makes Cherry profile keys hit the switches on press.

(Attachment Link)

Hey brother, thanks for the feedback. It was mainly due to we designed the capslock key to be compatible with stepped caps. That part may be tough to change unless we make 2 PCBs. For the rightmost one again it was due to the LEDs. Will keep this in mind as we design the PCBs with DemoStudio.

Offline Merked

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:23:45 »
are you planning to keep the integrated plate design?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:19:28 »
are you planning to keep the integrated plate design?

Hey, this will be a gasket-mount design. Working on a new type of gasket locking system that I am very excited about.

Offline dietonto

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:24:34 »
Gasket mount sounds GOOD  :D

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:48:43 »

Damn I really wish there would be a hotswap PCB option, even if it would be an option at the extra costs that comes with it ofc. Definitely willing to pay for it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:54:55 by Vyndem »

Offline kolyz

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:31:54 »

Damn I really wish there would be a hotswap PCB option, even if it would be an option at the extra costs that comes with it ofc. Definitely willing to pay for it.

I second this, I would really like a hotswap PCB option as well and I am willing to pay extra for it. I already own a round 1 Think6.5 with hotswap PCB. I've used 4 different GMK keysets on it with tealios, zilents, and holy pandas with no issues.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 15:50:30 »

I second this, I would really like a hotswap PCB option as well and I am willing to pay extra for it. I already own a round 1 Think6.5 with hotswap PCB. I've used 4 different GMK keysets on it with tealios, zilents, and holy pandas with no issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Unlike the integrated plate design of the original think6.5, the gasket-mount design may not work well with hotswap. Further, adding hotswap further complicates a potential group buy. With that said, I will think about what I can do.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:34:51 »

Thanks for the info and literally one of the most thorough response I've ever gotten on GH! Really looking forward to seeing this go to GB! Just hoping limits are high enough that I can get my hands on one!

1.) The OG badge position is really growing on me; badgeless is starting to seem a little too generic for a premium board. Now definitely agreeing that badgless should be dropped if demand is low and it would increase costs

2.) If it were me, I'd probably put "Think" on the bottom and have the top badge just be the glyph; it just seems like it would make the top a little more elegant to me. As for the bottom, I'm mostly indifferent to the controversy of the anchor (how often do you really look at the bottom of your board anyway?), but I don't mind it either since I like nautical stuff. I think you could definitely do "Think" plus the anchor or plus some other glyph or just "Think." It's your board after all.

3.) Speaking for myself, 10% more is definitely worth it for a good polycarbonate option; I'd still be in.

4.) That's fair. Honestly, I've not experimented much with plate material; I've only used aluminum and brass. I don't even know what PEEK and FR4 are, but I'm down to try new things.

5.) Bless. I have tried to get used to split backspace and literally cannot do it. (yes I know I am weak)

6.) Sorry I didn't mean to imply that this is an intro-level board. I just meant that VIA is super convenient. I also honestly know very little about how the process of developing VIA support works. I'm a nerd through and through, but I have no computer science background; I have a graduate degree in nutrition and a bachelor's in nutritional biochemistry.

7.) Sounds good. Do you anticipate buyers being able to get extra PCB's / plates? I'm not so indecisive that I change switches frequently, but I wouldn't mind putting linears on one pcb and maybe silent tactiles on another and swapping between the two occasionally.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:36:45 »

Thanks for the info and literally one of the most thorough response I've ever gotten on GH! Really looking forward to seeing this go to GB! Just hoping limits are high enough that I can get my hands on one!

1.) The OG badge position is really growing on me; badgeless is starting to seem a little too generic for a premium board. Now definitely agreeing that badgless should be dropped if demand is low and it would increase costs

2.) If it were me, I'd probably put "Think" on the bottom and have the top badge just be the glyph; it just seems like it would make the top a little more elegant to me. As for the bottom, I'm mostly indifferent to the controversy of the anchor (how often do you really look at the bottom of your board anyway?), but I don't mind it either since I like nautical stuff. I think you could definitely do "Think" plus the anchor or plus some other glyph or just "Think." It's your board after all.

3.) Speaking for myself, 10% more is definitely worth it for a good polycarbonate option; I'd still be in.

4.) That's fair. Honestly, I've not experimented much with plate material; I've only used aluminum and brass. I don't even know what PEEK and FR4 are, but I'm down to try new things.

5.) Bless. I have tried to get used to split backspace and literally cannot do it. (yes I know I am weak)

6.) Sorry I didn't mean to imply that this is an intro-level board. I just meant that VIA is super convenient. I also honestly know very little about how the process of developing VIA support works. I'm a nerd through and through, but I have no computer science background; I have a graduate degree in nutrition and a bachelor's in nutritional biochemistry.

7.) Sounds good. Do you anticipate buyers being able to get extra PCB's / plates? I'm not so indecisive that I change switches frequently, but I wouldn't mind putting linears on one pcb and maybe silent tactiles on another and swapping between the two occasionally.

*Question*: How do the badges mount? If extras/different colors are offered, can they be swapped out?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:45:03 »

Thanks!

I am revising the top right now, reducing the size of the 1U badge and the 2U badge (removing 2020 and resizing the badge)
For the bottom, it appears 67% want to have 'Think' engraved and have '2020' removed, I am experimenting with that design now.

Full disclosure, I will again not make any money out of this project. It will be a free design AirPotter will run a GB and manufacturer. Ultimately pricing decision is his. Just based on R1 experience, PC is more expensive. 5-10% higher than aluminum will be expected. Potter has said the cost to make keyboards are going up overall (counter-intuitively) as many factories in China moved away from CNC and moved to making masks and PPE production that are more profitable, so production capacity for keyboards is going down.

I will try to good material for typing:)

Discord friends convinced me to :) But ANSI is always supported, no worries.

No offense at all. VIA is great, and I will try to find someone to work with VIA. Worst case we have QMK :)

Yes, extra PCBs and plates will be available. My suggestion (and when I join GBs) is always to get an extra PCB just in case.

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:47:20 »
Just filled out the poll. Really looking forward to this!
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:53:50 »
Just filled out the poll. Really looking forward to this!

Thanks bro!

Offline nirvana549

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 18:02:00 »

+1 Love to see a hotswap option!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] Think6.5 R2: '2020'
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 19:04:53 »
Hello keeb friends,

It's been a while since the Think6.5 GB! Hope you are doing well and staying healthy.

I have started this design last year but was not able to start an IC due to personal reasons. Now things are much better, I now decide to start an interest check for R2 Think6.5 named '2020.' For those of you who are curious about how the R1 design looks like, here is the original IC: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99634

Importantly, please let me know if you prefer the original badge position or the new badge position. And board material suggestions. Any questions, please feel free to ask. And welcome any constructive feedback.

Show Image

Show Image

Looks awesome! Do we just reserve our interest here? I'm not seeing a link to any official Google IC Form or anything.

A couple of points to mention:

1) Definitely want there to be a Polycarb option!
2) Please also include a PCB that will be both Hotswap AND Underglow compatible
3) Top-Right Badge placement for sure!

Other than that, looks amazing! I'd love to get my hands on this!

Thank you. Here is some response to you feedback:
1) Definitely want there to be a Polycarb option!
Yes it is being considered!

2) Please also include a PCB that will be both Hotswap AND Underglow compatible
Underglow - yes; hotswap - unsure because it may not work well with gasket-mounting system

3) Top-Right Badge placement for sure!
I am excited about the new badge placement too! Especially with the magnet and a new locking system that makes it secure and easy to replace.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 21:53:16 »
I prefer the original badge location, but also not a fan of the nautical/anchor/boat theme personally. I like the original theming and branding more personally, it doesn't really match any of that for me sadly.

If it changes I'd be interested in picking one up as a continuation and extension to the V1, but not in current form sadly. Will keep monitoring the thread to see if there's any changes etc :)

Nothing yet changed to the weight (maybe '2020' engraving will be changed to "think"), but yes, the OG theme badges are forthcoming.

Offline Robertg63

Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - 65% Custom Keyboard // Poll Added
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 22:47:51 »
Can not begin to express how excited I am about this!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 23:23:59 »

(Attachment Link)

Quoting because this seems extremely important.

This will not be an issue in non-hotswap PCB we will be designing :)

Offline harvishez

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 00:51:45 »
New to the hobby and r1 is still one of the best 65% boards I’ve seen. Poll filled out, def in for r2. Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kolyz

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 08:49:41 »

Thanks for the feedback. Unlike the integrated plate design of the original think6.5, the gasket-mount design may not work well with hotswap. Further, adding hotswap further complicates a potential group buy. With that said, I will think about what I can do.

Thanks for giving this some more thought, you rock oldcat :thumb:

Offline Lel

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 10:10:01 »
Fairly new to the the whole custom keyboard scene. But when I saw the R1 PC in the wild, I thought that it would be the kind of keyboard to get me down the rabbit hole. Now that there's an R2, I'm in and excited especially if the PC option is made available!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 11:35:44 »
I have modified the size of the 1u badge, and added the lightbulb (with RGB LED under a diffuser under the badge) theme as requested, and here it is, please let me know your thoughts?

Other popular improvement requests are also being made at the moment. Consider filling out the poll if you haven't already: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13oKtTME2ZrKdjisX2SvZgJdsGjNgS801-dUQcqA1Nzk/

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 April 2020, 11:56:17 by oldcat »

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 11:42:13 »
I have modified the size of the 1u badge, and added the lightbulb theme as requested, and here it is, please let me know your thoughts?

Other popular improvement requests are also being made at the moment. Consider filling out the poll if you haven't already: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13oKtTME2ZrKdjisX2SvZgJdsGjNgS801-dUQcqA1Nzk/

Show Image

Stop trying to take my money!

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 11:59:50 »
I have modified the size of the 1u badge, and added the lightbulb (with RGB LED under a diffuser under the badge) theme as requested, and here it is, please let me know your thoughts?

Show Image

Damn this does look really good not gonna lie, but if I had to chose I still prefer the OG placement of the badge because it's more unique imo.

Also filled in the poll.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:02:04 by Vyndem »

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:11:12 »
Missing „BHK the Man :thumb:“ for weight engraving

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:20:26 »
Is there any chance of bluetooth in the future? :eyes:

Offline beekey

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:29:50 »
Think logo is nice! Still like the old position better. Better balance IMHO.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:51:17 »
Think logo is nice! Still like the old position better. Better balance IMHO.

Thanks! Old position 2U badge is being worked on per feedback to remove '2020' and will share a revised version soon.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:51:48 »
Missing „BHK the Man :thumb:“ for weight engraving

Indeed. BHK is the man!

Offline bibobim

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 14:06:52 »
Is there any chance the PCB compatible with Alps switches? 65% alps PCB is something so rare to look for. The closest one available is SMK65 which costs to me for me personally.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:05:59 »
The board looks super nice but I think the badges need to be tweaked.

1. I prefer the top right blocker but don’t really like the boating theme at all. It has nothing to do with the  ‘think’ theme in my opinion. I can see where you’re going with it due to the current worldwide situation, but I think it’s really cheesy and lame. I also don’t like that the badge bleeds over the edges like that.
2. The middle blocker is nice as well, but like others have said, I don’t like the ‘2020’ text on the badge. I think if it said ‘Think’ that would be better.
3. I really like the cutouts on the badges for the LED accents to shine through  :)

Excited to see more renders and I’ll probably be in on the groupbuy regardless.

Thanks for the feedback! Here are a few responses:

1. I prefer the top right blocker but don’t really like the boating theme at all. It has nothing to do with the  ‘think’ theme in my opinion. I can see where you’re going with it due to the current worldwide situation, but I think it’s really cheesy and lame. I also don’t like that the badge bleeds over the edges like that.

Thanks. I have tweaked the designs (both 1u and 2u). 1u is out with a new lightbulb badge. Check out the story I posted, and hope you will tolerate my desire to do something new with the anchor in the weight.

2. The middle blocker is nice as well, but like others have said, I don’t like the ‘2020’ text on the badge. I think if it said ‘Think’ that would be better.

This is currently being addressed. The new 2U badge render will come out soon with a smaller footprint without the '2020.'

3. I really like the cutouts on the badges for the LED accents to shine through  :)

Thanks! Cool visuals on the badge are really something I want to achieve.

Offline stebosaurus

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:24:23 »
The board looks super nice but I think the badges need to be tweaked.

Excited to see more renders and I’ll probably be in on the groupbuy regardless.

Thanks for the feedback! Here are a few responses:

Thanks. I have tweaked the designs (both 1u and 2u). 1u is out with a new lightbulb badge. Check out the story I posted, and hope you will tolerate my desire to do something new with the anchor in the weight.

This is currently being addressed. The new 2U badge render will come out soon with a smaller footprint without the '2020.'

Thanks! Cool visuals on the badge are really something I want to achieve.

The updated version looks great! The anchor badge on the bottom looks much nicer without the '2020' engraving. I kind of wonder what the 1u lightbulb badge would look like if the lightbulb was straight up and down instead of being tilted to the right like that. Excited to see more renders and hopefully a frosted PC version. Anyways, I wanted to thank you for your clear communication on this project. Can't wait to support it and see it come to life.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 16:25:36 »
You should use the old logo or your avatar. Def be interested then. Not feeling the new logos. Too flashy

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 16:44:56 »
You should use the old logo or your avatar. Def be interested then. Not feeling the new logos. Too flashy

Thanks bro. I've been trying to get a cat badge going - stuck with my (un)creative mind!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 16:58:36 »

Thanks bro. I've been trying to get a cat badge going - stuck with my (un)creative mind!
That would be super cool!!! The old logo was very clean and modern. A cat would be sick though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicx

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 18:01:32 »
That new light bulb top right blocker is definitely a winner.

Having to chose between that and the OG placement would kill me. Think I am leaning towards top right placement with that new version..

Offline Raethyn

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 18:19:14 »
Can't wait for this to go on sale, will definitely be buying!! I like the old placement I think simply for the character of the keeb! Thank you for all of your work!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 21:36:56 »
Yo bro! You were not kidding =)

Like OG's placement ala fc660 a lot. I think it works best from an ergo and aesthetic perspective.

Where is the Fn key on keeb #1?
I like the compass logo. Not sure about 2020 text though. 2600 would be cool.
Still has option for hotswap?

Reserved!

Hey bro, thanks for the questions.
I am working on the OG badge as of right now. Should be able to show an updated one soon.
You can program the Fn anywhere :) the current layout is just for colorway showing.
Haha, 2600 indeed. But I will remove "2020," I might add "Think" as requested by many.
95% there won't be Hotswap primarily because hotswap won't work with a gasket design very well.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 23:56:09 »
hmm so its now a sailboat themed or navy themed keyboard?
where's the think badge parts?

Updated think badge for 1U! 2U will come soon.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 05:27:07 »
That is looking good.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 10:21:53 »
IMO the top right badge would be a little more on brand if it fit inside the outline of the frame instead of wrapping around on the corner. Not sure how much more room that would take up, but just my two cents.

I actually like that it wraps around the corner. It's unique and looks nice. If it didn't wrap around the corner, I'd prefer the original placement since that's one of the things that made R1 stand out.

Thanks. 1U badge will have both magnet and a locking system, the top right might actually be pretty cool!