Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370653 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - 65% Custom Keyboard // Poll Added
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 12:15:09 »
New 2u and 1u badge positions, side by side comparison, what do you guys think?

Offline doctorserka

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 12:17:57 »
I'm in GB 4 SPACE65:CV and have no money left on even think about 'Think' but still have an opinion)
Previously, I thought new is better but surprisingly for myself find myself liking the old one.
One thing I notice that OG label seems build more icony-badgy like)) Feels more like IN a concept of the whole kb, like part of it.
The new corner version is separate, not line up with anything and I don't like that idea. It is the part of the corner including the borders, - not fond of that either.
Didn't know it supposed to be transparent and light up from inside like side of SPACE65, excuse my ignorance, new((
Ok, new OldCats post in insta turned me into a fan of the original refined badge! @5:15 PM UTC time

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 12:51:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

I personally like the bottom badge position more, it's looks so clean and more unique imo.

Offline woyaodapian

Now you've managed to make them both look great.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 12:54:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Now you've managed to make me a fan of the 2u badge... Hard to decide between the two now :(

Offline Daddyfatsax

New badges look awesome. Looking forward to this!  :thumb:

Offline Slayer77

2u badge looks cleaner imo

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline cadrev

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 14:29:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

At this point I'm 100% in on the GB regardless of the badge position  ;D. For my comments, the 1u badge position at the top right is nice, it definitely is up there with the chimera and iron IMHO. But the og 2u badge placement seems to have more character(that carved edge is sexy af), I mean compared to releases such as the Volcano, it definitely makes use of the negative space and makes it unique vs all other 65% keyboard out there.
 Nice to have PC option, I think that's going to be the cherry on top.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2020, 15:16:54 by cadrev »

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 14:50:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

OG 2u badge. That being said, the revised 1u corner badge is definitely an improvement over the previous iteration.

Offline beekey

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 14:58:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

This shows how much more balanced the bottom option is. Much better IMHO.

Offline Uncle Drew

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 15:06:28 »

it starts to look ok but show renders in other colors plisss :cool:

Offline dom

• XOXO
+1 for original badge placement and PC option  :D 

TBH, the top badge placement feels too crowded at the bottom (preference, I guess).
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2020, 15:29:27 by dom »

Offline Cupidandguns

I like the top right placement as I like having the extra keys near the arrows as I game a lot so having that quick motion to keybinds is super helpful. That black/pink color is amazing I need me one of those badly

Offline mechmymoney

+1 2u badge placement

Again, not a big fan of the anchor and even more so now that the badge has the light bulb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] Think6.5 R2: '2020'
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 17:01:29 »
Like Phemia said, the badge in the original spot kept it different from the rest of the bunch.

Just purchased my space, and now I'm waiting on this. 

Frosted PC please! :D

Thanks for supporting Airpotter on the Space65 R2! From what I gather he has been working hard on its production already. Frosted PC Think V2 is being considered!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 17:03:08 »
To be honest, I really liked the old design. I'm not feeling this one (yet). I'm hoping there will be a Polycarbonate version?

Thanks! Yes I do plan to offer PC as long as the GB is not too complicated - weighing different aspects now. Might have to cut out hotswap and badgeless this time.
I made a few changes to the design already with community feedback. Hope you will feel the THiNK soon! And thanks for being patient and tolerant with my new designs.

Offline jaredddm

• Instagram!
personally, when I had my think the only thing wrong with the “almost perfect” board was its mounting style. Integrated mounting isn’t bad; it’s efficient, but I still prefer to make my board sound the best.

Thanks for running an IC for this. I’d be definitely in if you kept the badge where it was and used your design prowess to design the best sounding board.

Oh and, rose gold alu will seal the deal for me as well haha.
Thanks Oldcat!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
personally, when I had my think the only thing wrong with the “almost perfect” board was its mounting style. Integrated mounting isn’t bad; it’s efficient, but I still prefer to make my board sound the best.

Thanks for running an IC for this. I’d be definitely in if you kept the badge where it was and used your design prowess to design the best sounding board.

Thanks Oldcat!

Hopping on this pony and would love to have a rosegold/polycarb setup  :cool:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Thanks Oldcat!

Thanks for the kind words, jaredddm. RE the rosegold color, I am currently talking to AirPotter about starting a new electrophoresis or cerakote color of either rosegold or pink. I like black/gray/white  + pink colorways and hope this will materialize.

It is a bit ironic that I actually had the gasket design for R1, and ditched because I had the belief that integrated thick PC will be thockier - worked out for PC I think, but the Alu sound and feel (at least with tactile) were not as good as PC boards - therefore, back to gasket now. But at least this time the gasket is a new design. We will be making molds to make the gaskets, and I am very excited.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 22:54:35 »
Saw in discord right now that this is now a gasket mount design? In that case then regardless of design, it's a big step up from the previous version. I'm ok with other placement of the badges, just not really feeling the sail badge. But the 2020 badge rocks.

Yes it will be a gasket design. Also updated both badges.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Oh ****tt... liking this logo and placement. simple gear type logo. nice!  :thumb: Def want a PC option.

Offline Slayer77

Thanks Oldcat!

Thanks for the kind words, jaredddm. RE the rosegold color, I am currently talking to AirPotter about starting a new electrophoresis or cerakote color of either rosegold or pink. I like black/gray/white  + pink colorways and hope this will materialize.

It is a bit ironic that I actually had the gasket design for R1, and ditched because I had the belief that integrated thick PC will be thockier - worked out for PC I think, but the Alu sound and feel (at least with tactile) were not as good as PC boards - therefore, back to gasket now. But at least this time the gasket is a new design. We will be making molds to make the gaskets, and I am very excited.
I know it is not as popular as Olivia, but hope to see the toxic green colorway available.

Hopefully a full green as the badge color shown in renders would be pretty unique.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline heliar_mk

Show Image

Show Image

Like the 2u much more than 1u

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Removed "2020," and would you like to engrave "THiNK? Let me know in the poll (other options also polling) if you haven't already. And here is a comparison: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13oKtTME2ZrKdjisX2SvZgJdsGjNgS801-dUQcqA1Nzk/

I am also considering the position of the engraving, I will tweak a few versions of where the engraving will be and share later.

« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2020, 11:32:00 by oldcat »

Offline arkze

I would opt for THINK rather than THiNK or nothing at all. Simplicity is key

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I would opt for THINK rather than THiNK or nothing at all. Simplicity is key

Well...trying to be consistent with R1 version's engraving which seems to be what most people asked so far...

Offline prognostics

Removed "2020," and would you like to engrave "THiNK? Let me know in the poll (other options also polling) if you haven't already. And here is a comparison: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13oKtTME2ZrKdjisX2SvZgJdsGjNgS801-dUQcqA1Nzk/

Show Image

Show Image

Would 100% buy this... even though I already ordered the Space65.
Lovely design, every change so far has been an improvement imo.

Offline Zeelobby

Yeah. Now that's a Think rev2 board. Very nice

Offline Vyndem

Looks really good imo, love that you take all the feedback into account. I like both designs and wouldn't mind either of them.

I am still still really hoping for a hotswap PCB tho, eventho chances are low if I read your posts about it :(

Also PC case ;)

Offline dereknt

Here is what I 'think':

1. Think about what makes the Think6.5 originally: its DNA, features, why the name Think. Go beyond the angle, the layout, and Descartes quote.
2. If we deviate from the core DNA and signature that makes up Think6.5, is it worthy of to add V2.0 to the name or is it time for a new name.
3. A logo should be consistent. Sagi Haviv, the guy who design many iconic logos (National Geographic, Chase, NBC, etc) have said that a logo is identification, not description. Using the logo consistently help identify what "Think6.5" is. When you change a logo, you risk losing brand identification and recognition. In trade off, you gain ability to improve the brand messaging.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
I'd still prefer it with the engraving (and og badge position), even though it doesn't look as "clean" as without it, but the think never has been one of the "clean boards, and imo definitely doesn't have to be, to be an astonishingly good looking board!

Offline dino97

Will there be an option without the sailboat engraving on the side near the USB port?

Offline Shutter_Shock

I am also considering the position of the engraving, I will tweak a few versions of where the engraving will be and share later.

Show Image

Show Image

It won’t let me re-submit/change my answer to the form, but I like it with ‘THiNK.’

Offline FTR_Beat

Both looking very neat. I think the icon says it all. Perhaps you may not even have to add THiNK. Will go vote...

Will get it either way, hot or not. But with all the nice switches around now, a hotswap would be cool! =)

Offline FTR_Beat

Both looking very neat. I think the icon says it all. Perhaps you may not even have to add THiNK. Will go vote...

Will get it either way, hot or not. But with all the nice switches around now, a hotswap would be cool! =)

Thought there was a new poll... It said already answered.

Offline need_my_pills

Seconding this, I'd like to answer the new poll but I answered the original one already. Is the poll IP based?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

A few other design improvements and poll will come later. Thanks for the feedback of the initial poll!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I'd still prefer it with the engraving (and og badge position), even though it doesn't look as "clean" as without it, but the think never has been one of the "clean boards, and imo definitely doesn't have to be, to be an astonishingly good looking board!

Thanks. I have played with various THiNK engraving positions on the bottom today, and will share two versions soon.

Offline enjoidis

The 2020-less badges look great oldcat! I'm a huge fan of you swapping swapping 2020 for THiNK on the bottom. I can't wait to see what updates you post in future.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 00:40:15 »
Let me start by saying that I did not join R1; I had simply not discovered this money pit of a hobby in due time.
This to say that I do not have strong feelings on the OG board other than I like it and it seems like a hit amongst the community.

It seems to me quite a few people are suggesting you more or less use the R1 design unchanged and instead offer different colour options and the ever popular polycarbonate edition.

I personally think it would be a mistake to abandon your design ideas/changes for R2; in other words, keep the anchor and the sailboat, they look pretty awesome in my opinion.

That may seem like a big/huge change from R1, but then call it something different, like 'Rethink6.5' if you want the brand recognition or maybe even call it 'Anchor6.5'. The '6.5' part in the name will likely still have people recognise it and tie it back to the 'Think6.5'.

Thanks bro. I hope I thought about Rethink6.5 as the name -- it is awesome. Now maybe a tad too late to change the name.
That said, I think quite a few friends here are happy with the added lightbulb badge now. I maybe able to offer another badge related to anchor, and we will see how everything turns out. For the weight, I do feel it is aesthetically more pleasing than the R1 gear, and I shared my story with why I designed it. Glad you like it. And now we are proceeding to engrave THiNK on the bottom.
Actually overall it is not such a drastic design from R1 I believe, considering lots of the elements, shapes, chamfers are preserved.

Offline woyaodapian

Correct me if I am wrong.

Doesn't the whole anchor thing looks like a lightbulb actually (reminiscing the OG think) and the rubber feets are as if light emitting out from the lightbulb.

I mean that alone is just super impressive.

Offline FTR_Beat

Glad to hear the anchor badge may also be an option. I really like the design of it!

This, combined with the boneyard set would fit perfectly as a theme. Just like the pic you posted the other day  :thumb:

Offline wirex

Everything about this board looks amazing. I'm in! (Hopefulyl it wont be too hard to get)

Offline beekey

Is there a chance to get split space as a layout option?

Offline Frostbyte

Absolutely beautiful board. As a happy GB participant and owner of V1, I'm super in for this. I love the sailboat and anchor theme (and what you're symbolizing with them) and as long as you keep the sailboat badge along with the light bulb badge, I'll be happy. I prefer the 1u badge placement but still really like the OG placement so I'm in either way.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Is there a chance to get split space as a layout option?

Will probably put up a poll and see how many will be interested. Split space will cut out a bit too more for plate optimization I think.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
It appeared that most would want THiNK engraved, I rendered two positions of the THiNK engravings, which one do you like better?

Offline woyaodapian

Top!

Offline FTR_Beat

Looks fantastic! First one.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2020, 11:49:27 by FTR_Beat »

Offline jawaJack

+1 would grab this, love the original icon placement
Poker II Cherry MX Brown