Author Topic: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - 100% Complete.  (Read 127222 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - Remanufacturing in Progress - B-stock now available
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 09:06:29 »
Small update but I've recieved the sample for the new factory. It looks fantastic so I've moved forward and started production. They will have the materials before CNY but will start machining and finish everything else right after.

Extras of the resin shifts will be made available when they arrive at the end of next week.

As for original orders with resin shifts, those will be going out at the end of next week or the beginning of the week after next if you have a case from the first run.

Pics pls? I'm excited!

Offline poodude

« Reply #301 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 00:02:49 »
I got my pcb in the mail the other day and flashed the lunar.hex file via qmk toolbox. I tested every switch, and they all work except the caps lock key (D31) and right Alt key (D62). Were these keys not programmed into the keymap file or do I have a bad pcb? I have it plugged in for testing, nothing has been soldered yet. :confused:
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 January 2019, 00:12:39 by poodude »

Offline fireworm

« Reply #302 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 01:56:37 »
I got my pcb in the mail the other day and flashed the lunar.hex file via qmk toolbox. I tested every switch, and they all work except the caps lock key (D31) and right Alt key (D62). Were these keys not programmed into the keymap file or do I have a bad pcb? I have it plugged in for testing, nothing has been soldered yet. :confused:
I've seen caps typically be overridden to function, and r alt be alt grave (+ $= €). Open up switch hitter and see?

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 09:19:38 »
I've seen caps typically be overridden to function, and r alt be alt grave (+ $= €). Open up switch hitter and see?
I reached out to reconsiderit about the same problem. They're programmed as function keys.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline poodude

« Reply #304 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 13:10:01 »
I reached out to reconsiderit about the same problem. They're programmed as function keys.

Thanks for the Pro Tip! I loaded the layout file into kbfirmware and saw that. Switch hitter doesn't appear to detect FN keypresses. I changed the CAPS to a real caps-lock and rebuilt the hex file and it's working correctly now.  :D

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:15:31 »
Small update but I've recieved the sample for the new factory. It looks fantastic so I've moved forward and started production. They will have the materials before CNY but will start machining and finish everything else right after.

Extras of the resin shifts will be made available when they arrive at the end of next week.

As for original orders with resin shifts, those will be going out at the end of next week or the beginning of the week after next if you have a case from the first run.

Do you have any pics of the shifts. Like a prototype?

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 13:26:24 »

They'll be sent to me at the end of this week.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline jlboi69

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 00:19:56 »
Will this set of matias stabilizers work? I completely forgot about stabs tbh.
https://matias.store/products/stabilizer-and-hook-set

Offline jophish

• my stupid website
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 00:56:05 »
Will this set of matias stabilizers work? I completely forgot about stabs tbh.
https://matias.store/products/stabilizer-and-hook-set

Yep, they should. If you've salvaged keycaps from an AEK, you can also use the stabs from there.

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 07:43:38 »
Make sure you have the stabilizer wire for the space bar though, the Matias kit won't come with the correct length for the AEK (6.5u). You won't be able to use the larger costar looking stabilizers in that kit either, but i believe it has enough of the smaller wire clips that you should be ok.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:14:31 »
Make sure you have the stabilizer wire for the space bar though, the Matias kit won't come with the correct length for the AEK (6.5u). You won't be able to use the larger costar looking stabilizers in that kit either, but i believe it has enough of the smaller wire clips that you should be ok.
Good call, I only have that same matias set so now I need to find a 6.5u wire.

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #311 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 00:36:20 »

Just wondering when these will be up. :)

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #312 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 04:20:14 »

Just wondering when these will be up. :)

Alright, there's been a small delay with these and they're being remade right now. The stem was molded a little small and won't fit the switches properly. New ones should be done in about a week and a half's time.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 04:50:25 »
Please just send mine without the resin shifts, they are really not worth waiting weeks for.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline gaunt

« Reply #314 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 10:42:25 »
Has anyone who already got their case made a typing sound video? Very interested to hear the acoustics, a lot of people complain about the sound of Alps in modern, metal cases but I've also heard a few really nice sounding ones on youtube.

Offline poodude

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 00:35:38 »
Has anyone who already got their case made a typing sound video? Very interested to hear the acoustics, a lot of people complain about the sound of Alps in modern, metal cases but I've also heard a few really nice sounding ones on youtube.

They really sound about the same as in the original AEK case. I can't tell a difference anyway. Most of the sound is coming from the switch and caps, so the top row is nice and deep/thocky, and bottom row a little higher pitched.

Offline Pennywise359

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 07:22:46 »
So I got mine B stock board. It does not look nearly as bad as I expected. I am very happy with it. Is there any way I can get one of those 1.75u resin keys?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 21:33:47 »
So I got mine B stock board. It does not look nearly as bad as I expected. I am very happy with it. Is there any way I can get one of those 1.75u resin keys?

They'll be available on the website once they are shipped to me.

There's been a small delay due to an issue with the stems.

GB update for everything I'm running here:  https://switchplate.co/blogs/news/early-february-group-buy-updates

switchplate.co

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #318 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 23:06:47 »

They'll be available on the website once they are shipped to me.

There's been a small delay due to an issue with the stems.

GB update for everything I'm running here:  https://switchplate.co/blogs/news/early-february-group-buy-updates

Thank you for full update status. :)  How was the color on the original (messed up) resin Shifts?

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 12:03:32 »

care to post some pics?

Offline yonghf

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 22:30:02 »
I received mine as well. The ano issues are definitely visible but machining is great! Should be perfect after cerakoting it.

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 22:31:40 »
I received mine as well. The ano issues are definitely visible but machining is great! Should be perfect after cerakoting it.
Got mine back from the cerakoter tuesday and built it with green alps. Absolutely loving it and the gray I got looks fantastic.

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 22:33:21 »
Please show us pictures

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 01:25:46 »
Mine just got black cerakoated, can't wait to get it in(it's on the way to me). My lubbed and paper modded oranges are waiting!!

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 01:26:39 »
That looks beautiful

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 07:24:02 »
212462-0212464-1212466-2212468-3
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 February 2019, 07:44:24 by dondongler »

Offline gaunt

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 11:31:52 »
More and more interested in picking one of the B stock cases up, but my main reservation is sound since some people seem to think Alps have a lessened sound in smaller and/or metal cases (typing on a M0116 with Orange alps now and the sound truly is glorious). How exactly is the 'chassis optimized for sound' (as the web site description says) compared to any other metal case? Is it the thicker than normal 4mm plate?

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:47:20 »

How did you get your hexfile. When I go to config.qmk.fm/#/aio3/lunar/layout there ar no available layouts to create a hex of.

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:54:10 »

How did you get your hexfile. When I go to config.qmk.fm/#/aio3/lunar/layout there ar no available layouts to create a hex of.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ReQceA4zFuJMSFoHh3-3MYddA2rBdLCc

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 19:19:43 »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ReQceA4zFuJMSFoHh3-3MYddA2rBdLCc

Sweet, for some reason I can't reset the board. Is there something specific I have to do? Or just bridge the "RST" and ""GND"?

EDIT: It was actually reset. I just forgot to close and re-open qmk toolbox lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 February 2019, 19:37:46 by Poblopuablo »

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 23:07:41 »
crappy sound test... Can't get rid of the hum. :/

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #331 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 15:44:34 »
i see a few people have cerakoat'd their cases, can i ask how much people have been paying for that?

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 16:02:18 »
i see a few people have cerakoat'd their cases, can i ask how much people have been paying for that?
Pretty sure it's about $35. Check out Tysons cerakoting service thread in the artisan section.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #333 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 01:21:34 »
I have an early ETA from the fab. On my end, if things go smoothly, they should start shipping around March 22nd.

switchplate.co

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #334 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 12:15:09 »
Yay!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #335 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 13:20:38 »

I got quoted at $150 from a local high-end gun shop. Obviously I passed on that.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #336 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 13:25:49 »

I got quoted at $150 from a local high-end gun shop. Obviously I passed on that.
If you go to cerakote.com you can find an applicator near you and read reviews. I spend 70 on mine.

Offline dasein1980

« Reply #337 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 11:25:04 »
Hi,

I'm in the original GB (and went for a re-machined case) and need to change my shipping address for my orders.

I looked around the Switchplate Peripherals site, but couldn't find contact info.

Anyone have an email address that I could use?

Many thanks in advance!

Offline AstralBandit

« Reply #338 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 11:55:14 »
Hi,

I'm in the original GB (and went for a re-machined case) and need to change my shipping address for my orders.

I looked around the Switchplate Peripherals site, but couldn't find contact info.

Anyone have an email address that I could use?

Many thanks in advance!
Im in a similar situation, would be good to have an email to contact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 04:38:29 »
contact@switchplate.co

I need to work on the site since there are a few things I need to make more visible.

switchplate.co

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 23:28:19 »
Any updates to share? Things still on track for late March ship date?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 00:40:55 »

Still on track for late march. They're anodizing right now. Should be done by the end of the week.

Still waiting on resin shifts. May need to order more PCBs depending on if more of them sell from the ones that I have one hand ATM, though, those are quick.

switchplate.co

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 09:03:15 »

Still on track for late march. They're anodizing right now. Should be done by the end of the week.

Still waiting on resin shifts. May need to order more PCBs depending on if more of them sell from the ones that I have one hand ATM, though, those are quick.

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 02:33:06 »
Resin shifts came in today. They look fantastic. Pics to come when I have some time.

New batch of Lunars landing this Friday. I'll need about 3 weeks to process, pack and ship as I also have midterms and work to attend to. All packaging is with me so no wait on that.

switchplate.co

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:49:35 »
Resin shifts came in today. They look fantastic. Pics to come when I have some time.

New batch of Lunars landing this Friday. I'll need about 3 weeks to process, pack and ship as I also have midterms and work to attend to. All packaging is with me so no wait on that.

Show Image

Great news! Thanks for the update. Very excited :)

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 11:01:44 »

Not a great photo, but for anyone itching for a photo of a mostly complete build...

F Keys belong on the left.

Offline lundmore

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 06:53:17 »
To people who have cerakoted - has it taken out most/all of the imperfections in your cases?

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 08:21:01 »
To people who have cerakoted - has it taken out most/all of the imperfections in your cases?
Depends on the level of imperfections. Its a pretty thin coat so scratches, dings, pitting is a no. My case only had anodization issues and the cerakoting completely fixed the issue.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 00:44:40 »
Anyone interested in picking up my spot?

EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 15:53:23 »
is friday. show lunars. :P