Author Topic: 500 / 502 / 504 / Attachments / Incomplete Threads  (Read 3482 times)

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
500 / 502 / 504 / Attachments / Incomplete Threads
« on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:10:24 »
Just wanted to mention that one additional issue I am seeing (besides a 502 when replying to a thread or a 504 when creating a new topic) is incomplete threads.  Current example is swill's plate building tool.  I can get to only reply #28 in that thread when the page ends suddenly, without any of the expected 'footer' that is normally at the bottom of a page.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: 500 / 502 / 504 / Attachments / Incomplete Threads
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:11:11 »
I get this constantly while on my phone.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:24:17 »
FWIW I can see up to Reply #29 on the first page of swill's thread, and Reply #30 to Reply #49 inclusive on the second page - basically all of the posts in that thread.

And as far as I can see, all the images load correctly too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:06:51 »
FWIW I can see up to Reply #29 on the first page of swill's thread, and Reply #30 to Reply #49 inclusive on the second page - basically all of the posts in that thread.

I had to dropbox all my images because none would upload. I have been getting nonstop 500 errors too. I have not been able to upload any images to GH for the past couple days.

My guess is that we are out of server space so uploads are failing. Usually there are other errors that show up as well when you run out of space though. I have been getting a few different strange errors recently.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:19:59 »

I had to dropbox all my images because none would upload. I have been getting nonstop 500 errors too. I have not been able to upload any images to GH for the past couple days.

My guess is that we are out of server space so uploads are failing. Usually there are other errors that show up as well when you run out of space though. I have been getting a few different strange errors recently.

Same here - no image upload for a while.

If it was something simple like disk space (which has happened before, not that long ago), surely it would be a fairly quick fix for someone to archive/delete some old log files or something.

I am suspecting a deeper problem.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 23:57:41 »
this happen to me when I use my phone these few days. sometimes i can load the full page, but sometime i can't even load my avatar and suddenly ends after the gh logo.  seems gh get a lot of bugs in these few days.

More
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:01:20 by jonathanyu »

Offline bear95

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 02:27:15 »
Same. Ended up using tapatalk

Offline nomaded

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:19:13 »
Same here - no image upload for a while.

I was trying to upload a couple photos last night, and kept hitting a 500 error. I ended up loading those images on imgur and linking appropriately.

One related thing that prompted me to look for site problem posts is that images in posts uploaded by others aren't fully loading for me. I see about the top 1/8th of the image (either the thumbnail or expanded). This is true for recent images or for much older ones.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline redeye

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:51:29 »
Yeh i'm getting "500" errors when trying to post on the classifieds.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

cheers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 20:01:52 »

cheers.

Is that while trying to upload pictures?

If so, use imgur.com or similar to host the pictures and just paste BBCode links into your classifieds post.

Offline redeye

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 10:04:07 »

cheers.

Is that while trying to upload pictures?

Yes

If so, use imgur.com or similar to host the pictures and just paste BBCode links into your classifieds post.

Thanks for the tip, I just tried this but still the same problem. I've used Mac osx, ios and now windows 8.1 still no joy. Iwonder if its an isp thing?

Offline redeye

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:02:22 »
It looks like two of my attemps worked. Sorry for the double posts in the classifieds but whats interesting is that i used a vpn?