Author Topic: [IC] GMK Dracula — Group buy is live!  (Read 219316 times)

Offline mr scooty

Re: [IC] GMK Dracula
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 13:44:41 »
It would be wonderful to add Hiragana【 MODULE】
There are so many Haranga sets tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more hiragana stuff please lol

This. Please. Otherwise, this is an awesome set. Probably set of the year and I'd be in to buy like, 2 or 3.

yeah i like the alphas as is. however it might be cool to have a Vim cap or two in that Error Module   :-*

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 15:46:53 »
definitely going in for VIMs and a full set - so long as haranga text is far away from this set :P

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 16:13:24 »
I think we can rest easy about the hiragana. Pretty sure OP agrees that it's not fitting with the set, could be wrong tho

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 17:02:56 »
I think we can rest easy about the hiragana. Pretty sure OP agrees that it's not fitting with the set, could be wrong tho

Yes, rest assured there will be no Hiragana Module. Instead, I will change the alphas in the Core Module to Hiragana /s

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 20:19:25 »

Yes, rest assured there will be no Hiragana Module. Instead, I will change the alphas in the Core Module to Hiragana /s

monkaS

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 22:27:46 »
Really like this, but lots of effort will have to go into getting the right colors :'(

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:34:01 »
Love.

Offline pikku-allu

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 04:37:06 »
Really like this, but lots of effort will have to go into getting the right colors :'(

Glad you like it! I am fully aware that getting the colors just right will be the biggest challenge with this colorway, however I'm also confident I can achieve just that.

Offline BigBabyJesus

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 04:49:07 »
These are very nice! Lovely color scheme.

Offline chrisbot5000

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 10:01:27 »
I AM IN

Offline diorite

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 05:38:46 »
This set is beautiful! I'm in for sure.

Any chance of separating the numpad/iso off from the base kit? I have a feeling I'm already going to  be shelling out a pretty penny for the extra kits I want, and any reduction in price on the base kit would be quite welcomed.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 06:03:57 »

Glad you like it! I am fully aware that getting the colors just right will be the biggest challenge with this colorway, however I'm also confident I can achieve just that.

With this promise,it's just a matter of time.
Please start GB as quick as possible.
I'm surely in. Thanks.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 07:12:18 »

Any chance of separating the numpad/iso off from the base kit? I have a feeling I'm already going to  be shelling out a pretty penny for the extra kits I want, and any reduction in price on the base kit would be quite welcomed.

I’m feelin this one too

Offline wt5now

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 08:09:08 »
It is the most interesting keycaps in this year. Great~~~~!!!!

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:13:43 »

I’m feelin this one too
Now this is an idea I can get behind.

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:20:18 »
Any chance of getting full UK ISO support?

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 10:42:13 »
40s kit would be a welcome addition as well

Offline diorite

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 15:16:55 »

To add some context to this, I'm wanting to buy two base kits and one each of the other kits. I like the base kit (with highlights when I'm feeling flashy) and I also really like the look of the nightmode+error kits. I like this set enough to use variations on multiple boards.

I'd really like to be able to grab a couple base kits and get all the child kits without it costing me an arm and a leg for two numpad kits and a bunch of iso keys than I'll never use.

I'm also down for a 40s/ortho kit.

Offline pikku-allu

Re: [IC] GMK Dracula — Feedback form added
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 16:00:58 »
A quick update

• Added a feedback form: Google feedback form
  • Added full HHKB layout support (2x R4 1u Ctrl/Alt + 2x R4 1.5u Super) to the Core Module

Edit: After receiving feedback, the full HHKB support will be added to the Nightmode Module as well, as it should be included there as well.

Also, here's a render of the set on a TGR Jane V2 CE

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2019, 01:12:15 by pikku-allu »

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 08:47:50 »
This set will look great on the Satisfaction 75 I got coming cant wait for the group buy on this.  :))

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 10:36:43 »
Filled out form! Woo!!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 10:39:10 »
*hopes everyone requests and then buys a Colemak module

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 15:28:24 »

I'd really like to be able to grab a couple base kits

So you would like to exclude a bunch of people by leaving out numpad and ISO just so you can pick up a couple of base kits to flip. Nice man.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 16:02:19 »
doesnt even mention flipping. im in the same boat id love to buy multiple kits for different layouts/boards, pretty indifferent on iso so i dont mind having a few iso caps collecting dust but id prefer that then having multiple numpads that i have no use for.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:27:04 by LXVRGS »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 18:05:22 »
+1 no iso no numpad

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 18:59:35 »

So you would like to exclude a bunch of people by leaving out numpad and ISO just so you can pick up a couple of base kits to flip. Nice man.

be nice

on topic: i'd like to keep the numpad in the base kit but wouldn't mind having to pick it up as a subkit.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 19:13:10 »
+1 no iso no numpad

Same, but when a set comes from an ISO user (or at least resident), it's fair to assume ISO will be in the base kit ;)

Offline diorite

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 19:43:05 »

How is making a separate kit for numpad/iso "excluding?" They would still be able to get the keys they need.
And let's be real "a bunch of people" is a bit of a stretch.

Is having a separate 40s/ortho kit "excluding" 40% users? You aren't even making sense. With the different child kits here I think this set can work on a number of very different levels that I really like, and I'd like to be able to use it on more than one board. I just love the colorway, and I'd like to be able to get all the kits I want without breaking the bank.

I could argue that including numpad/iso in the base kit is "excluding" ansi/tkl/75%/65%/60% users etc. by making them all pay extra for a bunch of keys they don't need just to bring down the cost of numpad/iso a bit for the few people who need it. Calling it "excluding" wouldn't really make sense, though.

I'm not saying "forget them," because I'd probably grab the kit myself just for the extra coverage incase I ever need it. I just dont want 2 sets of iso and numpad. This interest check already seems to have a lot of hype around it. I'm pretty sure that a numpad/iso kit would make MOQ just fine.

Also, while I'm genuinely not interested in "flipping" some base kits, I really don't see a problem with purchasing extras in an unlimited groupbuy that you think will be popular enough to make some money on. Even vendors buy extras and charge a significant markup for the extra kits. If I was looking to flip some base kits the addition of a numpad really wouldn't affect my bottom line very significantly, based on how ridiculous the aftermarket prices on certain popular sets can get. You could always charge a little more for a large base kit with lots of coverage.

Either way, like I said, I don't really see a problem with such practices in an unlimited run group buy. It's not at all the same as having a bunch of bots get you a couple spots for a tgr board or something that you don't even want, thus keeping others from having a fair chance at getting one and then flipping them for an exorbitant profit.

It's not even comparable to the "future crime" you're acusing me of, Tom Cruise.
Quit acting like I'm oppressing people or something. You sound paranoid.
It was a simple suggestion.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2019, 20:05:44 by diorite »

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 20:22:08 »
Question about the new renders - does this mean you're actually including an F13 keycap in the set?

Offline FunTyme

• Formerly known as Edrylle
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:18:55 »
F13 would be a game changer
hbcp

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:21:48 »
F13 looks like it will be in the ERR module.

Offline skmn

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 01:17:17 »
NorDe kit pls. Can buy several to help MOQ.

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 05:15:23 »

How is making a separate kit for numpad/iso "excluding?" They would still be able to get the keys they need.

Is having a separate 40s/ortho kit "excluding" 40% users? You aren't even making sense. With the different child kits here I think this set can work on a number of very different levels that I really like, and I'd like to be able to use it on more than one board. I just love the colorway, and I'd like to be able to get all the kits I want without breaking the bank.

I could argue that including numpad/iso in the base kit is "excluding" ansi/tkl/75%/65%/60% users etc. by making them all pay extra for a bunch of keys they don't need just to bring down the cost of numpad/iso a bit for the few people who need it. Calling it "excluding" wouldn't really make sense, though.

I'm not saying "forget them," because I'd probably grab the kit myself just for the extra coverage incase I ever need it. I just dont want 2 sets of iso and numpad. This interest check already seems to have a lot of hype around it. I'm pretty sure that a numpad/iso kit would make MOQ just fine.

Also, while I'm genuinely not interested in "flipping" some base kits, I really don't see a problem with purchasing extras in an unlimited groupbuy that you think will be popular enough to make some money on. Even vendors buy extras and charge a significant markup for the extra kits. If I was looking to flip some base kits the addition of a numpad really wouldn't affect my bottom line very significantly, based on how ridiculous the aftermarket prices on certain popular sets can get. You could always charge a little more for a large base kit with lots of coverage.

Either way, like I said, I don't really see a problem with such practices in an unlimited run group buy. It's not at all the same as having a bunch of bots get you a couple spots for a tgr board or something that you don't even want, thus keeping others from having a fair chance at getting one and then flipping them for an exorbitant profit.

It's not even comparable to the "future crime" you're acusing me of, Tom Cruise.

And a ****ty suggestion at that. It's pretty stupid to feel so entitled that you think you deserve to buy 2 base kits at a lower price whilst forcing other users to pay more to just be able to fill 1 board they use.

You are correct, excluding is the wrong word in your example because it makes no ****ing sense. In the case of pushing ISO and numpad out into it's own kit is excluding if it does not make MOQ and does not get manufactured.

The beauty of GMK sets is being able to cover pretty much every conceivable layout with a base kit. Imagine if all GMK sets were just the stupid 65%, TKL, etc "sets" they are now doing on Massdrop like for red samurai.

Mod edit: Why you have to be mad :( Keep tone civil, or warnings are going to be issued
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2019, 09:51:54 by Signature »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 05:26:15 »

And a ****ty suggestion at that. It's pretty ****ing stupid to feel so entitled that you think you deserve to buy 2 base kits and at a lower price whilst forcing other users to pay more to just fill 1 board they use. ****ing Americans.

As an entitled American, calm down and be nice.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 06:10:19 »
Would love to see the Colevrak happens. If it's not possible for GMK, please bring the whole keyset to SP SA later!

Offline radam

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 06:32:29 »
I don't mind having extra keys for ISO if MOQ is going to be an issue, but I think a separate numpad would be able to reach MOQ.

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 07:57:20 »

And a ****ty suggestion at that. It's pretty stupid to feel so entitled that you think you deserve to buy 2 base kits at a lower price whilst forcing other users to pay more to just be able to fill 1 board they use.

You are correct, excluding is the wrong word in your example because it makes no ****ing sense. In the case of pushing ISO and numpad out into it's own kit is excluding if it does not make MOQ and does not get manufactured.

The beauty of GMK sets is being able to cover pretty much every conceivable layout with a base kit. Imagine if all GMK sets were just the stupid 65%, TKL, etc "sets" they are now doing on Massdrop like for red samurai. I don't expect you to understand though as you are probably American.
I get that you’re heated, but you need to calm down my dude. No need for attacking nationalities.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:40:26 »

And a ****ty suggestion at that. It's pretty ****ing stupid to feel so entitled that you think you deserve to buy 2 base kits and at a lower price whilst forcing other users to pay more to just fill 1 board they use. ****ing Americans.

Going to use this quote because it has your true feelings, unedited.

If this is your attitude regarding keycaps, I think you might need to take a step back from this hobby. We're all in this to get cool things and share the joy associated with said things, not to draw lines between nationalities and create animosity between each other.

---

More on topic though, that Jane CE render looks fantastic. This is one of the first sets in awhile that has gotten me really excited and I'm very much looking forward to future updates. Keep it up man, you're absolutely on track to have an easy run at that 250 MOQ.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:42:42 by zekkin »

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:49:24 »
love the colors. Really nice looking set  :thumb:

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 09:52:55 »

Going to use this quote because it has your true feelings, unedited.

If this is your attitude regarding keycaps, I think you might need to take a step back from this hobby. We're all in this to get cool things and share the joy associated with said things, not to draw lines between nationalities and create animosity between each other.

---

More on topic though, that Jane CE render looks fantastic. This is one of the first sets in awhile that has gotten me really excited and I'm very much looking forward to future updates. Keep it up man, you're absolutely on track to have an easy run at that 250 MOQ.

You are lecturing me about being in the hobby so we can all get cool things together, yet this guy wants to cut out an entire continent of keyboard enthusiasts so he can afford 2 base kits. I know some Europeans use ANSI now but that is because it is getting so difficult and expensive to get ISO keycaps. It's a vicious cycle as more and more Europeans switch to ANSI, it becomes harder and harder to meet ISO MOQ.

It is hardly "all of us sharing the joy" if this fine gentleman has 2 base sets and I have 0.

Mod edit: Last warning

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2019, 09:56:00 by Signature »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 09:54:37 »
I don't want to actively moderate and edit replies so please keep the tone civil. Any ToS break after this will result in a warning/timeout.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline diorite

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 11:10:00 »

The beauty of GMK sets is being able to cover pretty much every conceivable layout with a base kit. Imagine if all GMK sets were just the stupid 65%, TKL, etc "sets" they are now doing on Massdrop like for red samurai.

Mod edit: Why you have to be mad :( Keep tone civil, or warnings are going to be issued

Entitled? I'm just asking you to consider the needs of people like me. There's no expectation that this set, or anything, should be catered to my every whim, and to clarify, I want to pay less for ONE kit, as I'm sure many people do. Pointing out my specific case of considering multiple base kits just highlights the issues associated with having that much coverage included in the base kit. Moving some of the less used coverage to it's own kits (ex. Jamon, Striker) can bring the base kit down from around $140 to a cool $100.

Again, it could be counter-argued that you are the entitled one by expecting others to pay 40% more just so you can get what you want. In the example of Striker, 728 base kits were sold. Of those only 200 people actually wanted numberpads. To put that in context, that's almost the same amount of people who wanted 40%/orthodox coverage (197), generally considered a niche of a niche. More people bought spacebar kits than numberpads (271).

I think those numbers also pretty thoroughly disprove that "the beauty of gmk sets is coverage." I'm fairly new to the hobby, but even with my relative lack of experience in the community I'd say that the beauty of gmk sets are colors, quality, and profile, not coverage you can get that anywhere and for much cheaper.

I'm not trying to dump on iso either, if they can't make moq I don't care if that's included in the base kit. The main issue for me is cost and numberpad being put on it's own will help more significantly with that.

In the example of Jamon, according to the numbers on the massdrop page, 846 base kits were sold. Of those, 250 numpads and only 23 ISO kits were sold. A literal meme kit, "the eñe survival kit," sold 137 units. In this example the base kit+numpad+iso would run you around $154. If it were all thrown together in a base kit, based on my limited experience, it would probably be in the ballpark of $140.

So you're calling me entitled for simply asking if the core kit can be leaned down a bit to cut cost for the vast majority of users, but you're expecting everyone else to pay an extra $40 so you and a few other people can save $14? I really must be a stupid ****ing American because that makes no sense to me, unless you're incredibly entitled.

I'll stop here because I'm not trying to totally muddy up the thread. I felt the need to explain myself clearly, though, because apparently asking questions about putting iso/numpad in a separate kit triggers some people quite violently.

I'm just really excited for such a beautiful set and it would be nice to pay what I consider a more reasonable price for it. Also, thanks for making that feedback form, much appreciated.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 11:30:23 »
For what it's worth, I'd prefer a more TKL focused base set. Not so much for cost, but I don't really like the plastic wasted on caps I'll never use.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 12:28:35 »
No ISO, and no numpad pls

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 12:43:54 »
I mean look at SA laser sitting at a whopping 30 iso kits and needing to get bailed out by massdrop

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 12:57:06 »
Please keep ISO in! Really important to us Brits.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 14:13:59 »
Please start the group buy soon, I need this in my life.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 14:29:45 »
Please keep ISO in! Really important to us Brits.
And to us Euros in general.. The main reason this hobby is not catching up as much around here is the lack of ISO support in most cheaper kits. I expect GMK to at least help us a bit here given the premium price of their kits.

Offline b3nkei

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 14:42:55 »
I'm european and couldn't care less about iso or numpad.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 16:31:42 »

Entitled? I'm just asking you to consider the needs of people like me. There's no expectation that this set, or anything, should be catered to my every whim, and to clarify, I want to pay less for ONE kit, as I'm sure many people do. Pointing out my specific case of considering multiple base kits just highlights the issues associated with having that much coverage included in the base kit. Moving some of the less used coverage to it's own kits (ex. Jamon, Striker) can bring the base kit down from around $140 to a cool $100.

Again, it could be counter-argued that you are the entitled one by expecting others to pay 40% more just so you can get what you want. In the example of Striker, 728 base kits were sold. Of those only 200 people actually wanted numberpads. To put that in context, that's almost the same amount of people who wanted 40%/orthodox coverage (197), generally considered a niche of a niche. More people bought spacebar kits than numberpads (271).

I think those numbers also pretty thoroughly disprove that "the beauty of gmk sets is coverage." I'm fairly new to the hobby, but even with my relative lack of experience in the community I'd say that the beauty of gmk sets are colors, quality, and profile, not coverage you can get that anywhere and for much cheaper.

I'm not trying to dump on iso either, if they can't make moq I don't care if that's included in the base kit. The main issue for me is cost and numberpad being put on it's own will help more significantly with that.

In the example of Jamon, according to the numbers on the massdrop page, 846 base kits were sold. Of those, 250 numpads and only 23 ISO kits were sold. A literal meme kit, "the eñe survival kit," sold 137 units. In this example the base kit+numpad+iso would run you around $154. If it were all thrown together in a base kit, based on my limited experience, it would probably be in the ballpark of $140.

So you're calling me entitled for simply asking if the core kit can be leaned down a bit to cut cost for the vast majority of users, but you're expecting everyone else to pay an extra $40 so you and a few other people can save $14? I really must be a stupid ****ing American because that makes no sense to me, unless you're incredibly entitled.

I'll stop here because I'm not trying to totally muddy up the thread. I felt the need to explain myself clearly, though, because apparently asking questions about putting iso/numpad in a separate kit triggers some people quite violently.

I'm just really excited for such a beautiful set and it would be nice to pay what I consider a more reasonable price for it. Also, thanks for making that feedback form, much appreciated.

Was gonna mention Jamoñ but yeah, this should explain how much euros really want iso