Author Topic: Artisan of the Month?  (Read 10551 times)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Artisan of the Month?
« on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:13:43 »
Hey guys. So I know there is a Keyboard of the Month/Year thread, and recently there was a vote for best Keycap Set of 2015.

Just wondering if there was something similar for artisans (whether we vote on an artisan themselves, or a specific design/cap).

If not, would there be interest?

I know stuff like this is entirely subjective but an open poll would allow votes for all kinds of reasons (similar to the KOTM). Could be based on achievement, specific design, contribution to the artisan scene (thinking of the Binge :~$ynth here...). Maybe if a specific artist held three sales in a month then maybe that holds a lot of weight, or if someone comes out with a design that just knocks everything else out of the water then they'd have a strong case for the award that month. Maybe people will just vote for their all time favourite every time! Who knows! Who cares! I like polls!

It's just a thought. I don't wan't it to become a "this artisan is better than that artisan" type thing, and I'm not a fan of pissing contests unless it's the write-your-name-in-the-snow kind. Heck maybe the actual artisans are appalled at this idea, or it's been proposed before.

Just another possible appreciation thread for the ever growing interest in artisan caps.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:06:20 by mobbo »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Artisan of the Month?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:16:38 »
I like this idea! Just like keyboard of the month, this is very much an opinion-based poll (if you're going to do a poll). However, I'm sure whomever the artisan is that wins it would greatly appreciate it (just like KoTM nominees and winners).

I say set it up!  :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:17:03 »
I don't think artisans come out that fast to honestly have AotM. Unless you're just talking about colorways of the same designs being used.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:17:29 »
I don't think artisans come out that fast to honestly have AotM. Unless you're just talking about colorways of the same designs being used.

And unlike boards, you can't really change or mod an artisan at all once you have it
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:18:05 »

I think this could certainly include colorways as well.

Also, we get at least a couple of new designs a month, and at least one new artisan-maker a month.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:22:01 »

And unlike boards, you can't really change or mod an artisan at all once you have it

Yeah which is why I guess part of the difficulty in setting this up is whether we'd be voting on the artisan themselves or the specific design.

Personally I was thinking of the artisan themselves. That way, when someone comes out with something really innovative (nubb's TMX, :~synth) people might be more inclined to vote for them due to the contribution.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:23:15 »
Hell, maybe I'm still thinking too narrowly.

It could even be "Maker of the Month"

Whether they created an artisan cap, a cool case, wrist rest, whatever!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:24:49 »
Hell, maybe I'm thinking too narrowly.

It could even be "Maker of the Month"

Whether they created an artisan cap, a cool case, wrist rest, whatever!

That's a nice idea, but difficult to vote for in a poll. It's comparing apples to dolphins.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:26:47 »

I feel like there are constantly sales.

In January there was what? KK PurrKey, Suited Up, Gloyz, Bro Caps, Fett Caps, DOOM, Lootkeys, and I know I'm missing some.

That already seems substantial enough for a poll as most of the KOTM polls are only three options.

Alternatively, it could be for the entire year like the Keyset poll.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:28:56 by mobbo »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:27:52 »

This is true, I'd go with maker of the month as mentioned above.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:29:52 »

In January there was what? KK PurrKey, Suited Up, Gloyz, Bro Caps, Fett Caps, DOOM, Lootkeys, and I know I'm missing some.

That already seems substantial enough for a poll as most of the KOTM polls are only three options.

I agree. And not only that, we could vote for our favorite designs instead of the maker.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:35:09 »

I agree. And not only that, we could vote for our favorite designs instead of the maker.

or since a lot of people have a lot of artisans we could vote for the keyboard with the best set of artisans.
ie:HHKB with all GID artisans (clacks,bros,nubs etc)

edit: Now that I think of it, this is KB of the month.. NVM me.. I will just take a long walk of the short pier

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:36:34 »
This is a pretty neat idea!

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:37:57 »
The pool of possible candidates for "keyboard of the month" far exceeds what is represented in the Artisan community. If this is to be longstanding, that has to be considered, otherwise there will be a lot of repeat nominees and wins.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:38:33 »
with the $ynth coming out, this is a great idea. I would expect there to be more people making their own caps.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:40:21 »
with the $ynth coming out, this is a great idea. I would expect there to be more people making their own caps.

I've been slowly reading that entire thread. Has it been decided that it'll be a good way to make sculpted caps, or is it geared mostly toward blanks?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:40:42 »
The pool of possible candidates for "keyboard of the month" far exceeds what is represented in the Artisan community. If this is to be longstanding, that has to be considered, otherwise there will be a lot of repeat nominees and wins.

Definitely, which is why I wanted to get some feedback and toss the idea back and forth before just setting up a poll.

Not that we need 100% consensus but I would like to see what and how (and if!) the majority of users want to vote on something like this and narrow down/define the criteria.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:46:50 »
I think if this is going to have any value it should just be an award for most innovative design/thing of the month in the artisan arena. For example, a new technique (like KeyKollectiv's encapsulation or Doom's marbling), a new invention (like $ynth), etc. Otherwise the poll is just a popularity contest and will just exacerbate everything that's wrong with the artisan market today. An award for innovation will at least create good (productive) incentives.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:48:06 »

Definitely, which is why I wanted to get some feedback and toss the idea back and forth before just setting up a poll.

Not that we need 100% consensus but I would like to see what and how (and if!) the majority of users want to vote on something like this and narrow down/define the criteria.

I would like to vote on individual artisan designs. So for example: The Bulldog - Suited Up, Tr8-0r - BroCaps, Polar Skullthulu - Binge, etc. That would be the initial nomination, and you can have several designs put forth from each artisan. Then the actual Artisan of the Month vote would be only for one design per artisan.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:48:47 »

I've been slowly reading that entire thread. Has it been decided that it'll be a good way to make sculpted caps, or is it geared mostly toward blanks?

blanks would be easier, but it should be able to do both without any issue. The hardest part would be the sculpt. As far as I know if whatever key you place in the $ynth you can get a mold from, then take the mold\casting and make the actual cap.

I have not been reading that thread, but I would expect a lot more copy's (K3KC) to come out. Potentially destroying any aftermarket value.

I think having a artisan of the month is a wonderful idea and could showcase new artisan makers.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:50:09 »
I think if this is going to have any value it should just be an award for most innovative design/thing of the month in the artisan arena. For example, a new technique (like KeyKollectiv's encapsulation or Doom's marbling), a new invention (like $ynth), etc. Otherwise the poll is just a popularity contest and will just exacerbate everything that's wrong with the artisan market today. An award for innovation will at least create good (productive) incentives.

Now that I'm thinking about more, I think specific design/cap would be the best voting metric. Innovation would certainly be an important factor. Another example I can think of is the resin-fusing KeyKollectiv has been doing and the way they executed GID for Furt.

Could push some people to come out with cool new caps and maybe even spur a little friendly competition :P

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:57:30 »

Now that I'm thinking about more, I think specific design/cap would be the best voting metric. Innovation would certainly be an important factor. Another example I can think of is the resin-fusing KeyKollectiv has been doing and the way they executed GID for Furt.

Could push some people to come out with cool new caps and maybe even spur a little friendly competition :P

I have to say, respectfully though, that I don't think the poll is necessarily a good thing. It's very hard for the average person to see how innovative a particular cap is if they don't understand the casting process. And the most popular caps are already apparent, so I don't see the value added by having a poll about it. It would kind of be like the Oscar's.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:57:33 »

Isn't keyboard of the month a popularity contest to begin with? All contests done via polls are popularity contests. That's the whole point of the vote. We're voting for our favorite design. If the majority votes for the same design it's because they like it the most and is therefore the most popular.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:58:58 »

Isn't keyboard of the month a popularity contest to begin with? All contests done via polls are popularity contests. That's the whole point of the vote. We're voting for our favorite design. If the majority votes for the same design it's because they like it the most and is therefore the most popular.

And the value of that is?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:01:16 »

And the value of that is?

To allow the community to vote for something and have a good time? It's just an extra bit of fun to have on the forums, that's all.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:11:36 »

I have to say, respectfully though, that I don't think the poll is necessarily a good thing. It's very hard for the average person to see how innovative a particular cap is if they don't understand the casting process. And the most popular caps are already apparent, so I don't see the value added by having a poll about it. It would kind of be like the Oscar's.

I definitely understand your apprehension. I'm still pretty skeptical about the idea which is why I opened it up for discussion. Like FLFisherman said above, I don't see how the other polls are any different. Not everyone voting for Keyboard of the Month is going to know just how much work went behind each keyboard - for example the FSSK, and they might vote for the one they think is more visually appealing, and that's ok!

It's really just fun to see what the community puts forward as nominations and ultimately what the majority vote turns out to be. I just thought this could be another category like that. If there are some really glaring issues regarding favouritism, or if the artisans themselves are not fond of this idea like I mentioned before, then obviously I don't think we should go through with it.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:19:24 »

I definitely understand your apprehension. I'm still pretty skeptical about the idea which is why I opened it up for discussion. Like FLFisherman said above, I don't see how the other polls are any different. Not everyone voting for Keyboard of the Month is going to know just how much work went behind each keyboard - for example the FSSK, and they might vote for the one they think is more visually appealing, and that's ok!

It's really just fun to see what the community puts forward as nominations and ultimately what the majority vote turns out to be. I just thought this could be another category like that. If there are some really glaring issues regarding favouritism, or if the artisans themselves are not fond of this idea like I mentioned before, then obviously I don't think we should go through with it.

That makes sense. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Offline scubaste

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:20:02 »
I think it could be interesting to have the consideration be on the submitter, not just the artisan cap(s) itself. What i mean by this is considering the photo, arrangement, or what keyset its paired with. Maybe someone has been trying to get a particularly rare set of artisans (CMY or something similar) and finally completed it. Or maybe someone makes a scene that really goes well with the spirit of that particular cap. I think the idea could promote interesting submissions.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:21:34 »
I think it could be interesting to have the consideration be on the submitter, not just the artisan cap(s) itself. What i mean by this is considering the photo, arrangement, or what keyset its paired with. Maybe someone has been trying to get a particularly rare set of artisans (CMY or something similar) and finally completed it. Or maybe someone makes a scene that really goes well with the spirit of that particular cap. I think the idea could promote interesting submissions.

I think that's less about Artisan of the Month and more about "Look What I Added to my Board Today" or "Keyboard and Keycap Photography."

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:32:53 »

Ohh this is a really cool idea too. One caveat for this hypothetical situation might be that the entries must be nominations (no self-submissions) just like in KOTM. That way people can nominate pictures other users have posted in the Keyboard Photography or "Post your ____ Caps" threads. Could make for a nice collection of nominations that others may have missed due to the large amount of media threads!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:57:15 »

Ohh this is a really cool idea too. One caveat for this hypothetical situation might be that the entries must be nominations (no self-submissions) just like in KOTM. That way people can nominate pictures other users have posted in the Keyboard Photography or "Post your ____ Caps" threads. Could make for a nice collection of nominations that others may have missed due to the large amount of media threads!

I like what scubaste mentioned, maybe something like Photo of the Month would be good. The picture itself has a lot of affect on whatever item your photographing, no matter how cool it is a ****ty phone camera can hold it back.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:07:56 »

blanks would be easier, but it should be able to do both without any issue. The hardest part would be the sculpt. As far as I know if whatever key you place in the $ynth you can get a mold from, then take the mold\casting and make the actual cap.

I have not been reading that thread, but I would expect a lot more copy's (K3KC) to come out. Potentially destroying any aftermarket value.

I think having a artisan of the month is a wonderful idea and could showcase new artisan makers.

Blanks can be artistically done and to be honest casting as a technique is harder than the sculpture.  People are going to learn a lot as the proper tools to cast keys become more readily available and knowledge spreads.

Both sculpting and casting as an artform take attributes of a crafter like patience and precision and make them a requirement.

This is a neat idea and if everyone keeps a level head I'm sure even the artisans will have more fun with their releases :)  Personally I like it when people do blogs of their favorite things that are happening with keyboards, and it would be awesome if bloggers saw a little recognition for all the work they do condensing the hustle and bustle of artisans, engineering, keyboards, keycaps, and other technologies into a pleasant format.  That's really something that needs rewarding!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:21:02 »
I'm not even kidding I read it as asian of the month

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:21:49 »

Blanks can be artistically done and to be honest casting as a technique is harder than the sculpture.  People are going to learn a lot as the proper tools to cast keys become more readily available and knowledge spreads.

Both sculpting and casting as an artform take attributes of a crafter like patience and precision and make them a requirement.

This is a neat idea and if everyone keeps a level head I'm sure even the artisans will have more fun with their releases :)  Personally I like it when people do blogs of their favorite things that are happening with keyboards, and it would be awesome if bloggers saw a little recognition for all the work they do condensing the hustle and bustle of artisans, engineering, keyboards, keycaps, and other technologies into a pleasant format.  That's really something that needs rewarding!

I miss Vibex's blog (and Vibex) :(

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:22:51 »

There are dozens of us!

So mobbo, when are you going to start the official nominations for January?  :thumb:

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:24:38 »

There are dozens of us!

So mobbo, when are you going to start the official nominations for January?  :thumb:

I was going to nominate Siifood

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:32:29 »
NO
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:37:54 »
sounds like a surefire way for the yogurt cartel to inflate certain aftermarket artisan prices.

/request denied.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:38:13 »
NO

k its off guys

edit: oh **** demik's not a mod, i dont have to listen to him
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:47:43 by mobbo »

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:49:05 »

There are dozens of us!

I was going to nominate Siifood

It's gotta be TP though right?

He circled every potential female at the Philly meetup. That's some prime material right there.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:50:17 »
When do we start nominating? We have to make up for lost time.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:52:25 »
NO

k its off guys

Wait...did you seriously think he was a mod?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:53:08 »
sounds like a surefire way for the yogurt cartel to inflate certain aftermarket artisan prices.

/request denied.

NO

I agree with these dudes

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:53:19 »
Nah. I disagree with the keyboard of the month stuff and I'll disagree with this. It's just a popularity contest and people's feelings just get hurt. I just use it to spotlight cool boards that don't get enough attention. But I think I'd rather do that through my zine than in a special thread.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:53:41 »
When do we start nominating? We have to make up for lost time.

Still would like to hear more suggestions and feedback. I'm in no rush to get this started.

I mean even what we're nominating still hasn't been established  :p

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:54:44 »

Nice.  :))

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:56:00 »

/request denied.

In that case. Yes. Let's inflate the ever living **** out of artisans.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:58:02 »
NO

k its off guys

Wait...did you seriously think he was a mod?

Nah, just ****ing around  :-*

/request denied.

NO
I agree with these dudes

Noted. Do you guys really think this would inflate prices? Sometimes I don't know if y'all are messing with me or if that's your genuine opinion.

Nah. I disagree with the keyboard of the month stuff and I'll disagree with this. It's just a popularity contest and people's feelings just get hurt. I just use it to spotlight cool boards that don't get enough attention. But I think I'd rather do that through my zine than in a special thread.

You know, initially when I was thinking about this thing it was in more of a "Featured Artisan of the Month" kind of context, but since I didn't have any content I produce myself that could include such a section (and there is already someone who has monthly blog regarding the artisan scene), I figured a poll similar to KOTM might work.

Is this already a part of your zine? Unfortunately I'm not subscribed. Can we change that?  ;D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:58:56 »
I nominate click clack as supreme ruler of life

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:59:22 »
I nominate booper as best ewok keycaps hands down

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:59:47 »
I nominate reaper v1 as reaperst reaper

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:01:43 »

Nah bro, everyone is just in it to make a quick buck :llama:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:03:19 »
I nominate booper as best ewok keycaps hands down

I love my Keywok. I can understand why you were salty about the whole ordeal a few weeks ago.  :-*

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:03:37 »
Is this already a part of your zine? Unfortunately I'm not subscribed. Can we change that?  ;D

I'm going to start including it in the future. Along with some other ideas. And to keep this thread clean, pop over to my thread if you want more info then PM me.

You know, initially when I was thinking about this thing it was in more of a "Featured Artisan of the Month" kind of context, but since I didn't have any content I produce myself that could include such a section (and there is already someone who has monthly blog regarding the artisan scene), I figured a poll similar to KOTM might work.

I think a blog or even a running thread here might be a better space. I just don't like the idea of the polls and then people getting upset because XYZ. Nothing wrong with multiple blogs at all. More content is never a bad thing; we're a really niche small hobby.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:14:43 »

I'm going to start including it in the future. Along with some other ideas. And to keep this thread clean, pop over to my thread if you want more info then PM me.

If this is something you were planning on running in your zine then I think that would be perfect. My intent was simply to have a way of recognizing significant artisans monthly, whether it be through their design talent, innovation, or contribution to the scene. Could also be a great way to feature up-and-coming artisans as well.

Favoritism can definitely get out of hand...especially around artisans, so a fully fleshed out piece explaining the rational for why they are featured (and I say "featured"...not the "winner" of any competition/vote) would probably be much better overall.

And I've just PM'd you ;)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:12:47 »

Obv quickest buck.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:14:29 »

Obv quickest buck.

Show Image

We're onto you and your nefarious money-making schemes.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:16:18 »
Artisan of the Month should go to Pacifist

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:17:11 »

I think a blog or even a running thread here might be a better space. I just don't like the idea of the polls and then people getting upset because XYZ. Nothing wrong with multiple blogs at all. More content is never a bad thing; we're a really niche small hobby.

I can't agree more,
for me artisanal product can't be measured in terms of who like it better

I might like one thing, but it won't go the same with others

would be best to support the whole artisan game as a whole rather than cherry picking them in public, for the sake of the whole community and supporting what the artist has put into the product
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:19:34 »
NO

k its off guys

LOL

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:20:14 »

I can't agree more,
for me artisanal product can't be measured in terms of who like it better

I might like one thing, but it won't go the same with others

would be best to support the whole artisan game as a whole rather than cherry picking them in public, for the sake of the whole community and supporting what the artist has put into the product

And yet we have KoTM. Artisan of the Month would just be a little survey to do for fun. I want to believe that the artisan makers would recognize it as such and not lose their minds should they not "win."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:29:13 »
Artisan (release) of the month, new sculpt of the month, artisan photo of the month, there are so many options. Personally I'm not salty about polls and showcasing cool things so I can get behind any of these.  :thumb:  It's all for fun anyway, what's the big deal? No harm in "documenting" these favorites in this manner.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:13:00 »
I really fell in love with the full breed dukes (that I dint win). It is personal , I love many of the doom and key kollektiv but the dukes just reminded me of my Dude
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:20:04 »
I really fell in love with the full breed dukes (that I dint win). It is personal , I love many of the doom and key kollektiv but the dukes just reminded me of my Dude

I think those bulldogs would be a great nomination for artisan cap of the month. If mobbo doesn't start a thread/poll for it I might.  :thumb:

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:21:42 »

I think those bulldogs would be a great nomination for artisan cap of the month. If mobbo doesn't start a thread/poll for it I might.  :thumb:
I wanted to match

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:35:05 »

I say go for it! I suppose the sooner the better if we're doing a January vote.

Like CPT mentioned and I agree, his zine is a much better forum for what I had in mind so I am content with seeing how that'll turn out.  :thumb: however polls are always fun and I'm sure people will enjoy it.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:38:06 »

Like CPT mentioned and I agree, his zine is a much better forum for what I had in mind so I am content with seeing how that'll turn out.  :thumb: however polls are always fun and I'm sure people will enjoy it.

I will get right on it! Where should I post it though? Off Topic or Keyboard Keycaps? I was going to copy KoTM's example, but they've got their own forum. XD

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:39:31 »

I will get right on it! Where should I post it though? Off Topic or Keyboard Keycaps? I was going to copy KoTM's example, but they've got their own forum. XD
I think keyboard caps. More audience more fun

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:39:45 »

I'd say this subforum is pretty good. Similar to the Keyset of the Year. I think that was posted in Keyboard Keycaps as well.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:05:45 »
Looks like FLFisherman is going to go ahead with the poll! Locking this thread now. Any other suggestions or discussion around the poll can be asked in that thread.