Author Topic: Artisan of the Month?  (Read 10601 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Artisan of the Month?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:59:47 »
I nominate reaper v1 as reaperst reaper
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:01:43 »
Blanks can be artistically done and to be honest casting as a technique is harder than the sculpture.  People are going to learn a lot as the proper tools to cast keys become more readily available and knowledge spreads.

Both sculpting and casting as an artform take attributes of a crafter like patience and precision and make them a requirement.

Nah bro, everyone is just in it to make a quick buck :llama:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:03:19 »
I nominate booper as best ewok keycaps hands down

I love my Keywok. I can understand why you were salty about the whole ordeal a few weeks ago.  :-*

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:03:37 »
Is this already a part of your zine? Unfortunately I'm not subscribed. Can we change that?  ;D

I'm going to start including it in the future. Along with some other ideas. And to keep this thread clean, pop over to my thread if you want more info then PM me.

Nah. I disagree with the keyboard of the month stuff and I'll disagree with this. It's just a popularity contest and people's feelings just get hurt. I just use it to spotlight cool boards that don't get enough attention. But I think I'd rather do that through my zine than in a special thread.

You know, initially when I was thinking about this thing it was in more of a "Featured Artisan of the Month" kind of context, but since I didn't have any content I produce myself that could include such a section (and there is already someone who has monthly blog regarding the artisan scene), I figured a poll similar to KOTM might work.

I think a blog or even a running thread here might be a better space. I just don't like the idea of the polls and then people getting upset because XYZ. Nothing wrong with multiple blogs at all. More content is never a bad thing; we're a really niche small hobby.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:14:43 »
Is this already a part of your zine? Unfortunately I'm not subscribed. Can we change that?  ;D

I'm going to start including it in the future. Along with some other ideas. And to keep this thread clean, pop over to my thread if you want more info then PM me.

If this is something you were planning on running in your zine then I think that would be perfect. My intent was simply to have a way of recognizing significant artisans monthly, whether it be through their design talent, innovation, or contribution to the scene. Could also be a great way to feature up-and-coming artisans as well.

Favoritism can definitely get out of hand...especially around artisans, so a fully fleshed out piece explaining the rational for why they are featured (and I say "featured"...not the "winner" of any competition/vote) would probably be much better overall.

And I've just PM'd you ;)
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:12:47 »
Blanks can be artistically done and to be honest casting as a technique is harder than the sculpture.  People are going to learn a lot as the proper tools to cast keys become more readily available and knowledge spreads.

Both sculpting and casting as an artform take attributes of a crafter like patience and precision and make them a requirement.

Obv quickest buck.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:14:29 »

Obv quickest buck.

Show Image

We're onto you and your nefarious money-making schemes.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:16:18 »
Artisan of the Month should go to Pacifist

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:17:11 »

I think a blog or even a running thread here might be a better space. I just don't like the idea of the polls and then people getting upset because XYZ. Nothing wrong with multiple blogs at all. More content is never a bad thing; we're a really niche small hobby.

I can't agree more,
for me artisanal product can't be measured in terms of who like it better

I might like one thing, but it won't go the same with others

would be best to support the whole artisan game as a whole rather than cherry picking them in public, for the sake of the whole community and supporting what the artist has put into the product
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:19:34 »
NO

k its off guys

edit: oh **** demik's not a mod, i dont have to listen to him

LOL

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:20:14 »

I can't agree more,
for me artisanal product can't be measured in terms of who like it better

I might like one thing, but it won't go the same with others

would be best to support the whole artisan game as a whole rather than cherry picking them in public, for the sake of the whole community and supporting what the artist has put into the product

And yet we have KoTM. Artisan of the Month would just be a little survey to do for fun. I want to believe that the artisan makers would recognize it as such and not lose their minds should they not "win."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:29:13 »
Artisan (release) of the month, new sculpt of the month, artisan photo of the month, there are so many options. Personally I'm not salty about polls and showcasing cool things so I can get behind any of these.  :thumb:  It's all for fun anyway, what's the big deal? No harm in "documenting" these favorites in this manner.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:13:00 »
I really fell in love with the full breed dukes (that I dint win). It is personal , I love many of the doom and key kollektiv but the dukes just reminded me of my Dude
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:20:04 »
I really fell in love with the full breed dukes (that I dint win). It is personal , I love many of the doom and key kollektiv but the dukes just reminded me of my Dude

I think those bulldogs would be a great nomination for artisan cap of the month. If mobbo doesn't start a thread/poll for it I might.  :thumb:

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:21:42 »

I think those bulldogs would be a great nomination for artisan cap of the month. If mobbo doesn't start a thread/poll for it I might.  :thumb:
I wanted to match

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:35:05 »

I say go for it! I suppose the sooner the better if we're doing a January vote.

Like CPT mentioned and I agree, his zine is a much better forum for what I had in mind so I am content with seeing how that'll turn out.  :thumb: however polls are always fun and I'm sure people will enjoy it.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:38:06 »

Like CPT mentioned and I agree, his zine is a much better forum for what I had in mind so I am content with seeing how that'll turn out.  :thumb: however polls are always fun and I'm sure people will enjoy it.

I will get right on it! Where should I post it though? Off Topic or Keyboard Keycaps? I was going to copy KoTM's example, but they've got their own forum. XD

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:39:31 »

I will get right on it! Where should I post it though? Off Topic or Keyboard Keycaps? I was going to copy KoTM's example, but they've got their own forum. XD
I think keyboard caps. More audience more fun

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:39:45 »

I'd say this subforum is pretty good. Similar to the Keyset of the Year. I think that was posted in Keyboard Keycaps as well.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:05:45 »
Looks like FLFisherman is going to go ahead with the poll! Locking this thread now. Any other suggestions or discussion around the poll can be asked in that thread.