Author Topic: [IC] GMK Blink - GroupBuy is LIVE at TK.C! BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA~  (Read 116978 times)

Offline caLMSyy

Re: [IC] GMK Blink (Black & Pink)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 06:20:45 »
Found this one on luck, I love the colors! Just don't know what the novelties refer to :blank:
Since I am new to this place, what is the best way to keep updated on this set? And is there already an EU proxy planned?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 08:25:00 »
Found this one on luck, I love the colors! Just don't know what the novelties refer to :blank:
Since I am new to this place, what is the best way to keep updated on this set? And is there already an EU proxy planned?

The novelties refer to the band BlackPink! You should give them a listen!

Offline bow3i

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 12:42:52 »
Looks great! I would love to support this set, but I'm a little bummed over the choice of mono hangul over the regular print. But still, would definitely love to see this make it to GB!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 16:26:58 »
I know nothing about kpop but I would most probably buy this.

Just FYI the N and C are flipped in some renders :P

Good luck with the set Jebbra!

It's a homage to Blackpink logo, which use inverted C and N (and also "unbrigded" A)

Are those inverted/unbridged caps supposed to be part of the base set? Those could be novelties.

Hey man, just wanted to let you know your signature banner for GMK Pastel links to a different keyset. GMK Purple Dragon?

Offline poolside

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 17:04:57 »
Thanks for catching this Tyson. Purple Dragon did not make it to GB sadly.

Offline Han

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 10:47:23 »
Looks really cute! Might just get one.

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 10:39:04 »
Finally after all these time.  ;D

Offline monkt

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 15:06:49 »
Any chance we could have a separate latin only alphas kit, similar to how GMK Darling is doing this?:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104401.0
https://m.imgur.com/OKUiZDJ

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 07:02:05 »
Any chance we could have a separate latin only alphas kit, similar to how GMK Darling is doing this?:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104401.0
https://m.imgur.com/OKUiZDJ

What do you think about all black kit having latin only alpha? this way you can mix and match or plan a trade with another person (or just sell the other after combining the one you desire)

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 07:03:21 »
That would be a good option. Honestly though, I'm just looking forward to this set and the Hangul legends haha.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 07:32:11 »
I made a poll about the black kit to wrap things up, please participate on it!

https://form.questionscout.com/5e4fb18bfd307dc4bb12804f

Also, updated the novelties with some backspace swags :cool:

Offline antx1701

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 10:15:30 »
Love the novelties, voted for mod only.

Offline tofulo

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 13:10:52 »
Really like the all black set, but wish they came with a pink esc and return at least. The flipped alphas in the novelties is a nice touch.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 20:31:45 »
Really like the all black set, but wish they came with a pink esc and return at least. The flipped alphas in the novelties is a nice touch.

I'm thinking you can use the one on novelties as accent too, no?

The one I'm wondering right now is spacebar kit, pink spacebar kit hmm

Anyway, making some deskmat designs, thoughts?
I want to keep them clean and simple but still have a cohesive touch to the theme.

236530-0
236532-1

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 01:06:54 »
Oooh I love the first one!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline antx1701

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 02:26:43 »
Both look great!

Offline yamaterailgun

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 21:17:57 »
Love both, but would definitely prefer the first one!

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 22:22:15 »
I think you've used the square one concept quite well, but any other interesting deskmat ideas in the works?
I'd suggest having half pink one side, and half black on the other.  The yin yang symbol could even be used [kinda incorporate it in the middle of black/pink split].  I'm heavily biased though since I kinda love the concept/balance of yin yang though (<3 gmk mizu koi deskmat). I mean it's even on the Korean flag too.
You could do a fun, text-based pattern repeating the phrase du-dddu-du one potentially if there's interest.
Obvious for copyright reasons you can't use the band's name/logo... but I'd love to see the phrase "In your area" in a rectangle box, in a similar style, just in the middle, or corner of the deskmat.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2020, 22:30:43 by abrokencondom »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 23:24:40 »
I think you've used the square one concept quite well, but any other interesting deskmat ideas in the works?
I'd suggest having half pink one side, and half black on the other.  The yin yang symbol could even be used [kinda incorporate it in the middle of black/pink split].  I'm heavily biased though since I kinda love the concept/balance of yin yang though (<3 gmk mizu koi deskmat). I mean it's even on the Korean flag too.
You could do a fun, text-based pattern repeating the phrase du-dddu-du one potentially if there's interest.
Obvious for copyright reasons you can't use the band's name/logo... but I'd love to see the phrase "In your area" in a rectangle box, in a similar style, just in the middle, or corner of the deskmat.

Thank you so much for the ideas! They're all awesome! Definitely will try them all this weekend :thumb:
I will check with TK.C what is the deskmat MOQ on their vendor, if it's low enough I think we can do multiple designs.

Offline tofulo

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 00:04:40 »

True for the esc, but not really a fan of the words on the return key. The first mat looks cool, think it could use a little more something though.

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 07:55:59 »

Thank you so much for the ideas! They're all awesome! Definitely will try them all this weekend :thumb:
I will check with TK.C what is the deskmat MOQ on their vendor, if it's low enough I think we can do multiple designs.

:thumb: I'm excited to see what turns out. I really do feel the catchphrase 'in your area' should turn up somewhere.

An alternative to the yinyang split concept, is also just basically doing a text mirror variant along a diagonal (shameless source:
https://3dandroidwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Blackpink-Wallpaper-For-Android.jpg)

As others have mentioned, I like first mainly black Square One more. Conceptually, it also feels like "hey, I'm normally serious & dark, but actually secretly have a cute side underneath" haha. Although as it currently stands, they're just a tiny bit too plain for my personal preferences.

Excitingly, there's a planned comeback early this year. I can't wait to see what comes out.
Burn baby burn
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2020, 21:23:12 by abrokencondom »

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
[IC] GMK Blink (Black & Pink)
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 07:59:31 »
Repeated DDU-DU DDU-DU is a sick idea!
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2020, 08:01:19 by bowen »

Offline trn4mr

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 12:49:08 »

The one I'm wondering right now is spacebar kit, pink spacebar kit hmm

Anyway, making some deskmat designs, thoughts?
I want to keep them clean and simple but still have a cohesive touch to the theme.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I'm personally a fan of the first one because I like the more minimalist design. Though if you are considering text-based options, I feel like "whistle like a missile" is also a pretty iconic line. Haha.

Offline antx1701

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 01:46:07 »
How about black with bold pink "I'M FOXY" stretching across the entire mat? lol.

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 04:18:45 »
Novelties are a must-cop for me with the reversed alphas, and the ddu-du's. I also really like the 'kill this' mods
I'm also impressed with your dedication to even get the band members faces onto the keys as well. Just wondering what it'd look like if it was pink lines on black instead?
I'm just trying to conceptualise my whole F row being taken up by the novelties in a cohesive way, in sets of 4.
(Although personally I'd probably prefer if it was just 12 keys going ddu-du , but 8 will du :p)

Offline Magas

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 08:06:01 »
My girlfriend was feeling pretty frustrated at the rate of my keyboard fanaticism and saying how "I don't ever want a keyboard..." until I told her about this set. She seemed to instantly pull a Reddit switcheroo and was really interested so, whatever you got make it cause I'm probably gonna have to get it all for her  :D

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 22:00:20 »
Will there be a black mods kit? (Or is there enough interest for black mods)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 09:11:28 »
Excitingly, there's a planned comeback early this year. I can't wait to see what comes out.
Burn baby burn

Ehhh there's a comeback issue this year?! Whoa why I didn't know this, this is exciting to hear! They really need an album very bad tbh tho.

My girlfriend was feeling pretty frustrated at the rate of my keyboard fanaticism and saying how "I don't ever want a keyboard..." until I told her about this set. She seemed to instantly pull a Reddit switcheroo and was really interested so, whatever you got make it cause I'm probably gonna have to get it all for her  :D

Haha that's the spirit! I gave my wife a keyboard and some sets too (DSA Hana & GMK Keyb&Co.) to calm her down :p
No joke because of this set she now ask for BTS version..

Will there be a black mods kit? (Or is there enough interest for black mods)

So far after a little over a week there are 57 respondents with the Alpha+Mod winning, so big chance there will be one!

236823-0

I'm in the middle of legalizing my company this week, so seems like there will be no update in the near future. But I will try to iterate all the suggestions for sure!

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 00:36:25 »
Haha that's the spirit! I gave my wife a keyboard and some sets too (DSA Hana & GMK Keyb&Co.) to calm her down :p
No joke because of this set she now ask for BTS version..

Hah I'm on a similar train. I'm going to have to get my partner a Sakura themed keyboard to placate her soon.
Not gonna lie, as soon as I saw this IC, I started thinking of a BTS and Twice version, but conceptually their logos/colours aren't that iconic or as such a visual statement. It's just sunset blue gradient or sunset pink gradient (which is still nice nevertheless).

Offline Vaudevi77ain

Re: [IC] GMK Blink - GroupBuy Started on May at TK.C! BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA~
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 23:47:22 »
Looking forward to picking this up. Any recommendations for 65% cases that match this shade of pink pretty well?

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 11:39:44 »
Hello all,

Wanna drop some info regarding this IC

1. The Black Kit will be full kit per last vote

2. I add Pink Spacebar Kit to accent the Black Kit / make the Base Kit Space Cadet style (image on bottom)
Please comment on this :)

3. With the GB time getting nearer, I will lock the kit on April 1st, so far this is the kit that will be offered:

238277-1

238279-2

238281-3

238283-4

With the lock time in mind, this is the time if you guys and girls have any feedback about the kit, hopefully we can still adjust some of it
And yes I still working on the light stick novelties :p

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 20:55:48 »
I'm actually now finding I like the all black kit more and more.
Light stick novelty place holders are hilarious. I don't know how it would look like an icon, since one angle is a hammer, and the other, is a heart on a stick...
I'd prefer a more generic kpop reference like finger hearts, or just a simple heart tbh

Big rumours that Blackpink will feat on Lady Gaga's album coming out on 10th April

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 21:03:38 »
Light stick novelty place holders are hilarious. I don't know how it would look like an icon, since one angle is a hammer, and the other, is a heart on a stick...
I'd prefer a more generic kpop reference like finger hearts, or just a simple heart tbh

Big rumours that Blackpink will feat on Lady Gaga's album coming out on 10th April
I ****ing hope so, we’ve been starved of blink music

Offline ryou965

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 03:45:05 »
The black kit is exactly what I want for my pink matrix 2.0

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 07:14:37 »

the mini love sign will be cute.. hmm should I replace the yinyang one, is it even official? I only found them at their early poster which I don't really know if it's official or not

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:16:29 »
the mini love sign will be cute.. hmm should I replace the yinyang one, is it even official? I only found them at their early poster which I don't really know if it's official or not
I don't know if the yin yang is official. I also thought it was meant to be a circle too...  Maybe it's become an abandoned idea and they just use their name (like BTS) instead of what's their originally planned logo?
Just wondering if you've thought of using the phrase 'in your area' anywhere?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:35:33 »
3. With the GB time getting nearer, I will lock the kit on April 1st, so far this is the kit that will be offered:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

With the lock time in mind, this is the time if you guys and girls have any feedback about the kit, hopefully we can still adjust some of it

May I suggest removing some of the less frequently used keys, such as:
  • the second 1u Ctrl;
  • all of the Any keys — they aren't really needed since you have the Black/Pink novelties, Alt and Fn;
  • R3 1.75u stepped Ctrl;
  • the four extra ISO-UK keys — R3 #~, R4 \| or (better yet) R3 \|, R4 <> are enough for baseline ISO support;
  • the 1u convex spacebar keys — I don't know where they would be used outside of 40% boards, which this set doesn't have support for.
Since this has a pretty sizeable base kit, these changes would help keep the price down.

On the other hand, I would like to see R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn added to the base kit (for 65%/75%), since I believe they are more commonly used than any of the aforementioned keys.

Also, the kit images in the OP are out of date; you might want to update them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:40:49 by constexpr »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 10:49:29 »
I don't know if the yin yang is official. I also thought it was meant to be a circle too...  Maybe it's become an abandoned idea and they just use their name (like BTS) instead of what's their originally planned logo?
Just wondering if you've thought of using the phrase 'in your area' anywhere?

It meant to be square, since on square it can be viewed as (small) b and (inverted) p

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

May I suggest removing some of the less frequently used keys, such as:
  • the second 1u Ctrl;
  • all of the Any keys — they aren't really needed since you have the Black/Pink novelties, Alt and Fn;
  • R3 1.75u stepped Ctrl;
  • the four extra ISO-UK keys — R3 #~, R4 \| or (better yet) R3 \|, R4 <> are enough for baseline ISO support;
  • the 1u convex spacebar keys — I don't know where they would be used outside of 40% boards, which this set doesn't have support for.
Since this has a pretty sizeable base kit, these changes would help keep the price down.

On the other hand, I would like to see R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn added to the base kit (for 65%/75%), since I believe they are more commonly used than any of the aforementioned keys.

Also, the kit images in the OP are out of date; you might want to update them.

Gotcha! I'll look into this!
And thx for the reminder, first post is updated!

Offline Han

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 21:30:10 »
Definitely getting a set. Now I'm just torn between which kit to get.. Felt like the kit with the black mods make it easier to match various gmk alphas. The pink mods however really brings the theme of this keyset out, blackpink!

Offline tofulo

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 23:47:14 »
The black kit is def the way to go. Still not a huge fan of the novelties. Do we really need 2 sets of DDU / DU in both colors?

Offline Rainhannah

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 00:47:15 »
Looking forward to the GB! Not too sure how I feel about the novelties but will probably still get it anyways. Would love it if the numpad is excluded tho. Too many useless keys lying around, considering majority uses 60/65/75/TKL.

Offline Poromancer

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 17:23:27 »
Is it May yet? Can't wait!

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 23:58:28 »
As per konstantin feedback regarding some keys, and further looking at some latest GMK run
Here's some change happening:

Base Kit (and Black Kit)
1. Removing 1x R4 1u Ctrl (there's 2x of it previously)
2. Removing 'Any' key except the 1u black one because this one meant to replace the second B (and of course, can be 'any' key)
3. Removing R3 1.75u stepped Ctrl, from scourging ig and google image seems like nobody using this key
4. Making ISO compatibility keys more compact, leaving only ISO return, 1.25u Shift, R3 #~ and R4 \| (please advice about this further, if any)
5. Adding R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn (marked in blue square)
6. Removing dupe ~ and | keys in Black Kit (my fault, they appear in Base Kit as alt color so they have no business in Black Kit) (marked by cyan arrow)
7. Adding accent Return in Black Kit to compensate the total key numbers on each Kit (marked by cyan arrow)

238902-0
238904-1

Space Kit
1. Adding 6u centered and 6u off-centered

238906-2

We still have some time before locking the kits, so keep 'em coming guys!
Also, stay safe for everyone in these times :-X

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 08:19:51 »
Looking good!

4. Making ISO compatibility keys more compact, leaving only ISO return, 1.25u Shift, R3 #~ and R4 \| (please advice about this further, if any)
I would recommend R3 \|₩ and R4 <> instead (like in this pic). The reason being that it's more neutral, and it keeps ₩ closer to its original position by the Enter key on Korean keyboards.

7. Adding accent Return in Black Kit to compensate the total key numbers on each Kit (marked by cyan arrow)
Would you consider adding an accent Esc key as well? I think Esc is accented more often than Enter, but it would be cool to have both :)

I have one more, slightly more radical suggestion for your consideration: how about changing the pink 2.75c, 2.25c, 2c, 1.25c, 1c keys in the spacebar kit to black, and removing those keys from the base kits? I think this will help reduce the price of the base kits (which are already large) noticeably. Most sets these days don't run accent spacebars other than 6.25u and 7u, and I think people are cool with that. Of course, it all depends on what your vision for the set is; accented space keys might be a big part of that for all I know, in which case you should keep them :) But if not, cutting down on the number of keys as suggested will likely help the set sell better.
As for offering space keys in the base kit, I don't think it's necessary. Spacebar kits are always among the more popular child kits in every GB and usually have no trouble meeting MOQ.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 08:24:01 by konstantin »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 11:34:09 »
I'll go with you for the ISO keys, as I don't know about it first hand lol.
Adding 1 more keys will make the black kit have more keys, I don't know how the pricing will be reflected regarding this, I can't promise about this.

The reason for the split space keys included in the base key is because I see there's quite much Alice clones popped out in the last year (and of course the standard 60s with split space compat before that) while in the same time the keyboard using 6u is declining, so I intend to replace the usual 4 spacebar configuration in base kit into 2 spacebar and some spacekeys. And thus the reason for the Space Kit exist is pure cosmetic except the 6u (I feel bad somehow to not support it at all lol) the current Space Kit can be removed entirely in my opinion as it is my last minute idea, not my initial.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 13:27:54 »
Adding 1 more keys will make the black kit have more keys, I don't know how the pricing will be reflected regarding this, I can't promise about this.
I think the black kit may end up having a slightly different price anyway due to the different composition (2×1u vs 1×2.25u).

The reason for the split space keys included in the base key is because I see there's quite much Alice clones popped out in the last year (and of course the standard 60s with split space compat before that) while in the same time the keyboard using 6u is declining, so I intend to replace the usual 4 spacebar configuration in base kit into 2 spacebar and some spacekeys. And thus the reason for the Space Kit exist is pure cosmetic except the 6u (I feel bad somehow to not support it at all lol) the current Space Kit can be removed entirely in my opinion as it is my last minute idea, not my initial.
It's nice to have the space kit for the accent 6.25u and 7u, as well as the 6u's, in my opinion.

Another approach to reducing the price of the base kit would be to keep the space keys but split out the numpad. This could perhaps work even better than the previous suggestion, seeing as space keys are arguably more popular than numpads nowadays. Looking at recent sets that had both spacebars and numpads as separate kits, the spacebar kits always sold more. Therefore I think it would make sense to merge spacebars with base and split out the numpad.
In this case that would mean moving the accent 6.25u, 7u spacebars and one 6u (centered is enough) to the base kit; and moving the numpad, split Num+, split Num0 and R1 End, PgDn to a numpad kit.

Something to think about :)

Offline Holicalis

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 14:19:31 »
I really hope there's enough interest to hit MOQ. I need this

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 15:09:58 »
As long as there's support for UK ISO, I'm in (R3 #~ and R4 \|)

Offline productkun

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 19:10:02 »
No EU proxy?..

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 05:42:33 »
Another approach to reducing the price of the base kit would be to keep the space keys but split out the numpad. This could perhaps work even better than the previous suggestion, seeing as space keys are arguably more popular than numpads nowadays. Looking at recent sets that had both spacebars and numpads as separate kits, the spacebar kits always sold more. Therefore I think it would make sense to merge spacebars with base and split out the numpad.
In this case that would mean moving the accent 6.25u, 7u spacebars and one 6u (centered is enough) to the base kit; and moving the numpad, split Num+, split Num0 and R1 End, PgDn to a numpad kit.

Something to think about :)

I won't break the base kit again, I'm not into breaking kits too much like current trends, when I bought modern dolch light I ended up splurging more compared to old kits :-[
And I think the group buy spirit is to help the lower wanted keys too.

I really hope there's enough interest to hit MOQ. I need this

Let's make it come true together :thumb:

As long as there's support for UK ISO, I'm in (R3 #~ and R4 \|)
I change it to R3 \| and R4 ><

No EU proxy?..
There will be one, don't worry, TK.C always have EU proxy