Author Topic: gaming keyboard :=)  (Read 3303 times)

Offline tonyklo

gaming keyboard :=)
« on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 02:45:21 »
Hi guys,
I'm new here =)
Found this interesting forum thru Google
anyways,
I've been looking for a new keyboard lately...mainly for gaming ( no ghosting or key conflicts, although i understand that most of the mechanical keyboar ds would have no ghosting )

I've previously used the "Steelkeys 6G" ( http://www.amazon.com/Steel-SteelKeys-Gaming-Keyboard-20071/dp/B000IC2JEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203324016&sr=8-1 which features the BLACK cherry keyswitches... However, I didn't really like it as much, I'm actaully looking to try the Brown keyswitches :o but i dont really know much about key switches.  

Was wondering if any of you has any suggestions?

I found this really nice keyboard from " KBtalKing " ...I'm not sure if any of u guys have heard of it...but it looks really nice.

Thanks in advanced:)
I'm looking for any kind of suggestions!!

Oh and does any1 know where to buy the KBtalKing keyboard?:)

Offline fkeidjn

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 02:55:43 »
You should try the Filco Majestouch, since that too uses brown Cherries.

Is the KBTalking made in Taiwan?  I'm thinking that the manufacturer that make that keyboard also makes the Filco, as well as some other keyboards.  Can somebody say Strongman?  Maybe, maybe not.

For gaming keyboards, you need a keyboard that has the n-key rollover feature.
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline tonyklo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 03:01:28 »
how long will it take for the Benippon site to ship it to U.S ?(how much is the shipping?)

I'm pretty sure the KBTalking is made in Taiwan...
it looks so similar to the Steelkeys 7G and the Filco
but I know for a fact that 7G is NOT made by Strong man..but i have no clue about KBtalking : o

aside from Brown switches..what's the most responsive key switches?

Offline fkeidjn

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 03:08:53 »
Depends on method of shipping.  It's all explained on their shipping page.  EMS takes about a week to a week and a half.

The most responsive one I have is the IBM 84-key AT keyboard, which at one time was able to register 39 keys at once.  If you look at the n-key rollover page in the link I provided above, you'll find out what other keyboards can register several keys at once, not simply pressing asdjfkl, but other key combinations, such as 1qaz, qwas, fghj, etc, in other words, pass the n-key rollover standards that we so far have established.  I hope I said that correctly.
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline tonyklo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 03:12:57 »
thanks for the info :o
but by responsive i meant like...
how easy it is to press the keys... between like brown , brown and blue?i'm not sure if that's all the switches

But i was reading sum other thread
apperently "blue" is really easy to type on?

Offline tonyklo

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 03:14:12 »
oh and i do prefer if the Keyboard comes with USB instead of ps2 because of LAN issues =)

Offline zillidot

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 06:33:51 »
Quote from: tonyklo;3059
how long will it take for the Benippon site to ship it to U.S ?(how much is the shipping?)
Be aware that the Filco Majestouch featured on the Benippon site does not have n-key rollover. The version with n-key rollover has model number FKBN104M/EB, and only seems to be available in Japanese stores.

I have one. I ordered mine via the shopping service Crescent Shop. For me, it took about 4 days for them to get the keyboard and another 6 days until I had it in my hands, shipped via EMS. The shipping fee was 5400 yen, which was about USD$51 at the time. In total I paid around USD$193, which included the cost of the keyboard, 20% commission for the shopping service, and shipping.

After using it for a while, I found that I preferred the more "precise" feel of my Unicomp buckling spring keyboard for gaming. The brown cherry switches are great for typing though. Of course, this is just my personal preference.

I would also really like to know where to buy the KBtalKing keyboards!
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)
HHKB Pro 2 (black on black)
Filco Majestouch (n-key rollover, brown cherries)
Unicomp Customizer 101 (black with black keys)