Author Topic: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE  (Read 227055 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 03:05:10 »
I just wanted to post this here, but there are some major changes we are making to the set..

unfortunately...we'll be adding all of these keys. So I hope you are okay with the extra plastic

Base Kit
- Added 6u centered stem spacebar
- Replaced R4 1u Fn to R4 1.25u Fn
- Removed duplicate R1 Home
- Fixed R3 accent arrow up that should be R4

Colored Mods
- Added 1u ctrl and alt

Spacebar Kit
- Added barred J vim key
- Added 6u accent centered stem spacebar
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 18:00:39 »
Is there anyway the 1.25u delete key could be made into an arrow instead of saying "delete"? That would be a lot more enticing for people that use the hhkb layout.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 18:33:32 »
Is there anyway the 1.25u delete key could be made into an arrow instead of saying "delete"? That would be a lot more enticing for people that use the hhkb layout.

I have no use for the 1.25, so this wouldn't matter to me, but that seems kinda odd to have only a single symbol only key while the rest are labeled no? That seems like way worse aesthetics to me.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 23:11:34 »

I have no use for the 1.25, so this wouldn't matter to me, but that seems kinda odd to have only a single symbol only key while the rest are labeled no? That seems like way worse aesthetics to me.

I'm guessing you guys are talking about the 1.5u Del for R2. It's for the HHKB layout which uses "Delete", and the arrow doesn't look good with the other mods. There is no way to make it into an arrow for this set, other than changing our minds. I don't like the arrow, it looks bad with the other keys.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline chaseyeh0721

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 00:27:53 »
Could it be possible to add colored 1.25U FN?

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 00:27:58 »

I'm guessing you guys are talking about the 1.5u Del for R2. It's for the HHKB layout which uses "Delete", and the arrow doesn't look good with the other mods. There is no way to make it into an arrow for this set, other than changing our minds. I don't like the arrow, it looks bad with the other keys.

Yeah I meant the 1.5u. I forgot the size. Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Offline Gatix

• #!/bin/sh
  • console.log
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 03:57:23 »
Could it be possible to add colored 1.25U FN?

There's 1.25u FN in the base kit. Cyan is still a color from the Solarized Palette

Offline xantiema

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:40:22 »
Can someone confirm which the latest renders are?

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 12:14:44 »
Sorry can't seem to find the answer anywhere, are all the space bars in the space bar kit convex? or at least the 2.75u and 2.25u ones?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:26:12 »
Sorry can't seem to find the answer anywhere, are all the space bars in the space bar kit convex? or at least the 2.75u and 2.25u ones?

only 2.75 and 6 + 6.25 + 7u ; IIRC

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 04:48:53 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe, at the moment, GMK only makes convex spacebars if greater or equal 6u or less or equal to 2u.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 05:08:25 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe, at the moment, GMK only makes convex spacebars if greater or equal 6u or less or equal to 2u.

Yep, 1u, 2u, 6u, 6.25u and 7u are convex, otherwise concave

Offline Chazmondo

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 13:33:15 »
In for a base set through the EU proxy (thank you so much). I'm going to regret not going for the modifiers too i think...

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 03:55:34 »

This is correct. I was tripping, my bad! :)

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:09:42 »
Time is running out and I still can't place my order because of $76 Shipping...

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:26:54 »
You know there are proxies, do you?

Global Proxies
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:27:43 »
You know there are proxies, do you?

Global Proxies

http://i.imgur.com/FX2DRyE.jpg

Offline Kavik

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 15:52:14 »
Well, I joined. I think this is the last groupbuy I'm going to participate in for a while (at least that's what I tell myself); I'm in too many concurrent GBs at the moment.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline poolside

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 17:07:51 »
Thanks a lot for the EU proxy JChan and the Mykeyboard crew.  :thumb:
Feels so good to see low shipping fees for the GMK goodies :)

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 05:30:55 »
First time getting a GMK set, or participating in any non-Massdrop group buy for that matter. Incredibly good looking colour scheme hooked me, EU proxy reeled me in. Considered the coloured mods but kept it at a base kit, I need to be at least slightly responsible with my money after all. I'd have considered waiting for Laser but seeing as that's probably running on MD, I'm out. Not going to deal with customs for that.

I have no clue what GMK ABS really feels like, and others' experiences vary too much to really tell me anything, especially how they'll feel for playing Touhou compared to my current nameless cherry profile PBTs (which I do think feel slightly harsh), but at least I can rest easy knowing that if I don't like the feel, there'll probably be several people standing in line to take the set out of my hands.

Here's to a good buy and no delays, cheers.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 11:27:06 »
Its pretty easy to get burned by the Keyclack countdown timer.

When given the end-date of July 12, I assumed the latest a set could be ordered was on July 12 at 23:59 PST.  In actuality, the latest it could have been ordered was July 11 at 23:59 PST with the GB closing at July 12 at 0:00 PST.  Kinda tricky, but its an easy fix!

All the recent keycap GBs I've joined were at the last minute since I was unsure of how much I really like the set, had FOMO, then ended up selling. Had to get this one the moment I saw the renders, glad there wasn't any procrastinating this time.   
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 15:40:43 »
Oh wow I hadn't even noticed that. Good thing I ended up joining 'a day early' out of vague paranoia.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline avid

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 16:59:06 »
Oh wow I hadn't even noticed that. Good thing I ended up joining 'a day early' out of vague paranoia.

This was only for the US, so the eu proxy lasted until 23.59 on the 12th.

Anyway, love this set! Ordered a set through the eu proxy and i cant wait to get it.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 17:08:40 »

When given the end-date of July 12, I assumed the latest a set could be ordered was on July 12 at 23:59 PST.  In actuality, the latest it could have been ordered was July 11 at 23:59 PST with the GB closing at July 12 at 0:00 PST.  Kinda tricky, but its an easy fix!

All the recent keycap GBs I've joined were at the last minute since I was unsure of how much I really like the set, had FOMO, then ended up selling. Had to get this one the moment I saw the renders, glad there wasn't any procrastinating this time.

Same here.  And in fact, same reason.  There's so much coming out, and I could buy them all.  But I shouldn't buy them all.  And things pop up at the last minute.  I waited 'til the last days on SA Carbon, and then dropped it because I found out Nautilus was coming out.  I sent keyclack an e-mail, but haven't heard back yet.  I figure at worse, I can use the money to join another GB.  But of course, because of this, it feels like I have to have this set.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 17:22:52 »
I had to skipped this set because of the crazy shipping prices, What a joke...

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 17:26:21 »

I would try and send jchan a PM about placing an order

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 17:51:33 »

I had some discussion with Jchan about the shipping price issue around 3 days ago on reddit and he said something like he would provide other shipping methods(something like USPS that he's not happy with that)

I have waited until the last minute and also have tried to contact the Asia Proxy owner through Taobao but he didn't respond anything to me.

I would glad if I still have a chance to place my order and can be lower shipping price, I mean even $42 like Oblivion is still acceptable but the truth is even $42 is still very high for shipping a keycap set.

But I love GMK keycaps, that's why I'm willing to pay $42 for shipping(but not $76 tho :'().

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 July 2017, 17:53:08 by oatmicro »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 20:02:56 »

I missed the Skog buy because of that and almost missed this buy for the same reason. jchan, highly recommend you change or clarify that, it's quite silly.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 20:05:05 »
I have no clue what GMK ABS really feels like, and others' experiences vary too much to really tell me anything, especially how they'll feel for playing Touhou compared to my current nameless cherry profile PBTs (which I do think feel slightly harsh)

To add another opinion, ABS feel quite soft in comparison to PBT. I feel like given a stick of ABS and a stick of PBT, the ABS would bend before breaking, while the PBT would not.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 20:15:25 »

I had some discussion with Jchan about the shipping price issue around 3 days ago on reddit and he said something like he would provide other shipping methods(something like USPS that he's not happy with that)

I have waited until the last minute and also have tried to contact the Asia Proxy owner through Taobao but he didn't respond anything to me.

I would glad if I still have a chance to place my order and can be lower shipping price, I mean even $42 like Oblivion is still acceptable but the truth is even $42 is still very high for shipping a keycap set.

But I love GMK keycaps, that's why I'm willing to pay $42 for shipping(but not $76 tho :'().

jchan will defintely help you out with the order  :thumb:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 23:52:44 »
I have no clue what GMK ABS really feels like, and others' experiences vary too much to really tell me anything, especially how they'll feel for playing Touhou compared to my current nameless cherry profile PBTs (which I do think feel slightly harsh)

To add another opinion, ABS feel quite soft in comparison to PBT. I feel like given a stick of ABS and a stick of PBT, the ABS would bend before breaking, while the PBT would not.

The term you are looking for is brittle and that is also the reason thick double shot pbt caps are hard. Because abs can just stretch when there is thermal stress. PBT cracks.

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 01:27:49 »
Largely what I mean by not knowing how it feels is that I do know ABS is a bit softer and feels less 'dry' in general, but my only ABS experience is two sets of garbage-tier stock keycaps (CM and Razer) and one set of ok-tier stock keycaps (Ducky), so I'm very intent on finding out just what makes GMK the bees' knees. T minus 16 weeks.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 14:45:24 »

jchan will defintely help you out with the order  :thumb:

So glad to hear that, Thank you so much!

Offline yokken

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 10:42:27 »

I missed the Skog buy because of that and almost missed this buy for the same reason. jchan, highly recommend you change or clarify that, it's quite silly.

The question I have is, why are you waiting until the last minute to commit to the buy? You are not charged until the buy completes. There is no incentive to wait. Unless you do not know if you will have the money for it until the last minute, I would advise you join group buys sooner than the last day, and you can avoid this conundrum altogether.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:51:33 »

The question I have is, why are you waiting until the last minute to commit to the buy? You are not charged until the buy completes. There is no incentive to wait. Unless you do not know if you will have the money for it until the last minute, I would advise you join group buys sooner than the last day, and you can avoid this conundrum altogether.

Answered above, at least for me.  There's so much coming out that it's preferable for me to wait until the end and make sure that I want it.  Especially if I'm on the edge as far as whether I want to do it or not.  If not, then why even have deadlines.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 15:13:57 »

I'm pretty sure mykeyboard.eu charged me when I ordered (at lowest MOQ pricing, with a note that the price would be adjusted when the final amount of orders and prices was determined.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 18:44:03 »
Wow Group buy Extended!

Still waiting for lower shipping cost tho.  :-[

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 20:51:54 »

I'm pretty sure mykeyboard.eu charged me when I ordered (at lowest MOQ pricing, with a note that the price would be adjusted when the final amount of orders and prices was determined.

That happens too.  Keyclack has changed so that isn't the case anymore, which is cool.  I think it's because they're using paypal payment agreements.  Not sure how it works if you don't use paypal.  But I join on Massdrop, and even if I just commit, it shows up on my bank account.  I don't like that.  So I wait to join until the end, or near to it.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:14:18 »
2 hours remaining and I have to skip again because the shipping is still $76  :thumb:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:04:48 »
2 hours remaining and I have to skip again because the shipping is still $76  :thumb:

Is it that way on all three sites?

Offline Arallu

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:14:27 »

11:59PM PST is in like 10.5 hours. I believe the extension was to make the cutoff July 18th PST, so it ends right before midnight PST.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:16:36 by Arallu »

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 16:20:06 »

Is it that way on all three sites?

I live in Southeast Asia (Thailand)

I have tried Asia Proxy but the shipping cost is 800 Yuan(around $118) and I don't know why.

Mostly when I ordered something from China the shipping costs are kind of cheap, Just only this time that I found the shipping price issue from the Chinese Store.

Shipping from KeyClack is $76.8 because the only one option that they provided is DHL Express. (But they gonna ship through USPS if you live in the UK)

The last one EU Proxy, they doesn't ship to my country(ship to EU countries only).

I believe If they provided USPS for me the shipping cost would be around $25  :'(

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 16:27:15 »

11:59PM PST is in like 10.5 hours. I believe the extension was to make the cutoff July 18th PST, so it ends right before midnight PST.

Yeah you're so right, I'm so Dumb can't even read the Clock  :'(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 16:43:56 »
Wanting a mod set, but shipping is even higher than the set's price. It is insane.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 16:49:52 »
Just to shine light on this again, we're choosing DHL for some international countries, as shipping to those countries are really "iffy" when we send things out.

Express services are necessary to make sure that the package goes to your destination. I've had a lot of high value packages lost with USPS First Class International, and am trying my best to avoid them. As we ramp things up, I hope to negotiate better quotas, but shipping is crazy in Los Angeles.

I hope this improves over time, and we also had proxies in place for those high traffic areas such as EU and Asia (Taobao).

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 17:33:59 »
Just to shine light on this again, we're choosing DHL for some international countries, as shipping to those countries are really "iffy" when we send things out.

Express services are necessary to make sure that the package goes to your destination. I've had a lot of high value packages lost with USPS First Class International, and am trying my best to avoid them. As we ramp things up, I hope to negotiate better quotas, but shipping is crazy in Los Angeles.

I hope this improves over time, and we also had proxies in place for those high traffic areas such as EU and Asia (Taobao).

I mean...EU Proxy looks fine, but Asia Proxy seems useless to me.

Hard to contact, not accept Paypal, incorrectly calculated shipping price($118 for a keycap set.)

I have waited for 5 days and didn't get any message back from them.

I understood that why you are providing Asia Proxy for us but I have to say that Taobao is not a good platform for the buyers outside China.

If you can make someone else such as Kbdfans be a new Asia proxy that I will be very happy.

So... I have to skip this set anyway then, see you on round 2  :thumb:

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 07:38:05 »
Considered the coloured mods but kept it at a base kit, I need to be at least slightly responsible with my money after all.

I have bamboozled myself and ordered the modifier kit anyways during the extension. Whoopsie. Here's to hoping I don't get too giddy for other sets so that I may carry this one around for eternity.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 05:26:05 »
AAAAAAAAAARGH WTF!!! I was checking to see when the eta for this was and discovered that I apparently haven't ordered it!? I'm so annoyed and confused... I don't believe it... been looking forward to it so much.. I don't know what happened, maybe I never checked out my basket or something. My Matrix Abel is waiting for it. It was gonna be SO BEAUTIFUL.

If anyone has ordered two and wants to give me dibs on the spare I'd be most grateful. I'm feeling pretty silly right now.

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 10:14:23 »
The only thing I could see me parting with is perhaps the stock modifiers as I did splurge on the coloured kit. Probably not of much use unless someone else only wanted the mods.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 16:19:11 »
have we got color-accurate pictures of the samples yet?