Author Topic: Anybody able to tell if this could possibly not be rubber dome?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

Anybody able to tell if this could possibly not be rubber dome?
« on: Mon, 18 October 2010, 15:32:59 »
Link: http://www.delllow.com/go/_info/index.php?user_id=k1&lang=en&idc=16_9_60&page=2&sess_id=cbf1de32fc3ecff0cfb15a7e01d5e576

BTW, the vendor does have pre-1992 Model M's for $35 apiece (not listed there) but shipment from Poland would cost some ($37 for one, $53 for two, $65 for three and so on judging by the prices of our postal service, possibly a couple bucks more if they exceed 2 kilos of weight).

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 October 2010, 15:38:34 »
link to nirvana....
http://www.delllow.com/

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 October 2010, 16:39:42 »
Works better without session ID.

'fraid that's a rubber dome, and not even one of the good FSCs (which would have keycaps with a spherical rather than cylindrical cross-section, as well as a shorter RShift on older samples).

The site still seems wacky though. In any case the only mechanicals I've seen listed are ML4400s (Cherry G84-4400, ML switches with trackball).
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 October 2010, 16:46:14 by keyb_gr »
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 October 2010, 16:57:35 »
Thanks. Sorry for not noticing the linking problem.

I've recently managed to get 3 split FJS keyboards from a different vendor through the same site, $7 each (IBM rubber dome SK8820 were $3 each and I broke my wpm record the first or second time I plugged one in, which was after a year of using scissors... you can't get much better with a dome than this).

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 October 2010, 18:00:34 »
Quote from: NewbieOneKenobi;235640
I've recently managed to get 3 split FJS keyboards from a different vendor through the same site, $7 each

KBPC Es? Not a bad deal. NKRO, too...
Quote from: NewbieOneKenobi;235640
(IBM rubber dome SK8820 were $3 each and I broke my wpm record the first or second time I plugged one in, which was after a year of using scissors... you can't get much better with a dome than this).

The older RapidAccess Keyboards are supposed to be the best IBM 'domes though. Should be KB-8923 and KB-7993.

Looks like the SK-8820 isn't a bad modern-day office workhorse though, even if they're probably made in one of those factories with precarious working conditions in mainland China...
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D