Author Topic: Choosing between AK-B4000/Deck 82 and Filco Tenkeyless  (Read 1830 times)

Offline bruuth

Choosing between AK-B4000/Deck 82 and Filco Tenkeyless
« on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 12:55:24 »
Hello everyone,

I have come across this forum on my search for a compact, mechanical keyboard (and ended up reading more then I intended to :))
and narrowed my choice down to two models:

1. AK-B4000/Deck 82

2. Filco Tenkeyless

The keyboard would only be used on my gaming pc and both models are available with cherry black switches.
I normally use a german layout, but wouldn't mind using a US one, also I don't need a back light, as I touch type.
At the moment I'm more tending towards buying the Filco, because of the blank key option.

Does anyone have experience (quality, durability..etc.) with one or both of the keyboards and could help me decide which one to choose?

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 13:20:03 »
I can't speak to the Deck, but half the people on this forum have a Filco as their daily driver. I'm typing on a tenkeyless with browns right now. AFAIK, they are available with a German layout as well.
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 13:41:27 »
Filco keyboards are excellent, with the only downside being the quality of the keycap printing. Then again, if you get an Otaku board (like I have), this becomes a non-issue. Both will wow at LAN parties, but a blank Filco will wow more.

I haven't tried a Deck keyboard, but I hear good things about them generally. If you don't care about the backlight, I'm not sure what advantage a Deck would offer.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 16:53:58 »
filco tenkeyless with german layout are not available atm
deck 82 with german layout:
http://www.activekeyboards.com/de/