Author Topic: 2 Dell Model M model number 1369050 $98.95 ea. BIN or Make Offer Free Shipping.  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
I found 2 vintage Dell Model 1369050 model M keyboards on ebay. 
$98.95 each Buy it Now or make offer.  These keyboards have a fixed PS/2 cable.
Not a bad deal for them as is.  Nice addition to a Model M collection. 
May be a real good deal for an offer.
Make a good reasonable offer, and I am sure you can acquire both!
Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271787450925

It's a good find.  I hope someone here gets one.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 00:30:33 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Has anyone made a fair offer for these?  I think the listing price is a bit high, but maybe 60 each is fair.
It's still there.  I am a bit suprised it is actually.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Curious to know what you consider a "fair deal". Because I consider a standard model M to be worth $2-20 to me. $100 is laughably high to me.

What's the difference between these and a 1391401 other than the Dell logo?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Curious to know what you consider a "fair deal". Because I consider a standard model M to be worth $2-20 to me. $100 is laughably high to me.

What's the difference between these and a 1391401 other than the Dell logo?

Not too much except for the fact that it is the new Dell logo and is buckling spring.  It has the fixed PS/2 cable instead of the SDL detachable cable.  They are relatively rare.  Finding decent condition 1401's on ebay for under $30 can be found, but if you include shipping it goes up to around 50 or so.
It's not a great deal, I admit.  But if both can be had for about $60 each, I would call that fair.

Recently the prices of 1401's have gone up significantly.  It's getting harder and harder to find them for those prices.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
And if I were to buy one, I would put a SDL controller in it.  That brings the price up, but allows the SDL cable to connect to it.  I prefer them with the SDL controller.

I know that the prices have gone up on them.  Even Brandon at Clickykeyboards is selling 1401's for well over $100.  See for yourself.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I'll see myself out of this discussion. I can get Ms for $2 a piece. I paid around $100 for my SSK and 6019284. I have a very skewed perspective on prices.

Are these boards cool? Yes.
Do I like the logos? Yes.
Will I pay $60-$100 for essentially a rebranded 1391401? Nope.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 16:07:51 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Dang Dude!  Send some my way then!

Edit:  Heck I would pay $15 for 5 keyboards!  That's a 50% profit for you!!!  I'll take it!

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 17:32:05 by Snowdog993 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Yeah, I would buy a few Model Ms at $2 each myself.

And that Dell is more like a re-branded 52* or 82* by the way, still nice, but not IBM.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Yeah, I would buy a few Model Ms at $2 each myself.

And that Dell is more like a re-branded 52* or 82* by the way, still nice, but not IBM.

Agreed Fohat.
I will say that it is more like the 52G9700 or the 82G3281.  One piece keycaps as well.  Made by Lexmark.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
I'll see myself out of this discussion. I can get Ms for $2 a piece.

I hunt around for model M bargains all the time. Right now the best looking one is a lexmark for $11 + $17 shipping that's missing keycaps and possibly the cable. Finding a model M in any condition under $40 shipped is a good deal, and one with all the keycaps and cable is an excellent deal.

The cheapest I have ever paid for a model M is this 1390120 I got with no cable and only some keycaps for $15 + $12 shipping, which is an absolute steal IMO as it was in excellent condition and included a mandolin crystal (and barcode label)

I will buy any model M in any condition for $10.

Now, is $100 too high for a model M in an uncommon-but-not-actually-rare case? Probably not, but $60 for a decent M in good shape isn't too bad and I would probably pay an extra $10 or $15 over my usual price for something that's got an uncommon feature. Solid keycaps are extra $5 at least in my book.

Now, having said that: no-one outbid me on the 3 Ms I have my hooks into right now. They're gonna be restored and resold on GH at cost.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
TBH my first two Model M full size keyboards I got for about $32 total.  Pickup, so no shipping costs.

But both were missing cables (one was cut off), and both were missing some keycaps (both parts) (not enough keycaps between them to make a complete set).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Touch_It

Just throwing it out there.  If I could buy $2.00 Model M's I would buy at least 100 without hesitation.

Visit the Typing Test and try!