Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 245304 times)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 15:24:08 »
Using a white Steelseries Rival.

Surprisingly a really decent mouse, suits my preference well.

Offline n3ro

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:45:19 »

$30 for a refurbished one at Newegg, might go for it.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:59:22 »

$30 for a refurbished one at Newegg, might go for it.
Doo it! It's pretty much tied right now with my FK1 for my favorite mouse.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 07:26:32 »
I currently use a deathadder 2013 after upgrading from the previous version (whatever that was called) when the scroll wheel became strangely mushy.

Considering upgrading to an FK1 when I get some spare cash though.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:37:08 »
I currently use a deathadder 2013 after upgrading from the previous version (whatever that was called) when the scroll wheel became strangely mushy.

Considering upgrading to an FK1 when I get some spare cash though.
I fully recommend Zowie products.

If you really liked the Deathadder shape, I can recommend EC2-A as well, but FK1 to me is still a perfect mouse. They're basically the same mice with slightly different clicks and shapes.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 10:21:21 »
I'll definitely look into it sooner rather than later then. I'm in for a bit of a change :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 04:36:37 »
Roccat Tyon

Tracking is kinda off and lifting the mouse results in a mess, the extra buttons are mostly weird, but it's still a modern roccat (read: decent build quality, great GNU/Linux drivers).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 06:14:02 »
I fully recommend Zowie products.

TRUE, Zowie is the ONLY company listening to gamers these days, they make solid input devices for any sized hand in the world so you have to thank them for that.

The FK2 is still my favourite huano-switched mouse thus far  :thumb: .

Offline Bucake

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 07:54:48 »
yeah +1 for zowie, i like what they're doing.
too bad i dislike huanos so much :-P
i think i made a mistake buying FK2 because it's quite small, and the buttons on the right are bothering me so much :-(

will probably sell it or give it away. i already went back to my G400..
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 07:59:26 »
I've been using my G502 for a while, I like it but I am going to try something different soon. I want something my whole hand fits on like the Mionix Naos.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 03:17:09 »
i think i made a mistake buying FK2 because it's quite small, and the buttons on the right are bothering me so much :-(

will probably sell it or give it away. i already went back to my G400..

At least you went back to THE greatest Logitech Mouse that was ever made  :thumb: .

Why don't you try the Zowie ZA11 model because I heard good things about it?

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #311 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 03:20:26 »
I'm currently using a Razer Death Adder, after my gamer friends hyping it up so much I bought one when Razer had their 50% off sale.

Its only been 5 months and already the mouse occasionally double clicks  :-\

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #312 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 03:26:45 »
Mionix Naos 7000.  Because I'm an idiot, I thought it was kind of ****ed up for a while and didn't work on like 99% of surfaces.  Turns out I just had the LoD set way too low.  Now it works fantastic.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #314 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 05:56:19 »
Still can't find a decent replacement for my g9x, anyone have any suggestions. I'm a claw grip and I prefer I but of weight to it.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #315 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 13:19:20 »
Still can't find a decent replacement for my g9x, anyone have any suggestions. I'm a claw grip and I prefer I but of weight to it.

For similar shaped mice I'd look into Logitech G302/G303, Corsair M45 or CM Storm Spawn.

Offline imogene

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 19:26:54 »
Using a zowie fk2.
RIP WMO 1.1a after years of dedicated loyalty ;-;7

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #317 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 20:00:12 »

For similar shaped mice I'd look into Logitech G302/G303, Corsair M45 or CM Storm Spawn.

First off the G302/303 isn't anything like the G9 (FACT), also the Corsair M45 is considerably larger than the humble G9 (FACT), so that only leaves the Storm Spawn which is slightly smaller than the G9.

If you love the G9 simply too much then stay with it because none of the current manufacturers have released anything like the G9 shape just yet.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 20:56:57 »

First off the G302/303 isn't anything like the G9 (FACT), also the Corsair M45 is considerably larger than the humble G9 (FACT), so that only leaves the Storm Spawn which is slightly smaller than the G9.

If you love the G9 simply too much then stay with it because none of the current manufacturers have released anything like the G9 shape just yet.

Haha, have to agree with you there. Just going off of my own experience having owned those.

Nothing quite exactly like it obviously as the G9's shell had a unique feel. I can certainly recommend Spawn as I love that mouse, but I didn't really enjoy G303 as much.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #319 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:13:29 »
Here are my two pointing devices I use in my home office...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #320 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:10:02 »

Which one do you recommend? I have been thinking about both of these trackballs but don't know which one to choose

Offline iMav

« Reply #321 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 00:37:31 »

Which one do you recommend? I have been thinking about both of these trackballs but don't know which one to choose

They are so different it is hard to compare. Ultimately, I like my "5-ball" better.  (Even though scrolling with the slim blade is really nice)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #322 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 02:53:25 »
im thinking of getting on of these

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 19:22:15 »
Gave up on mice due to increasing pain and nobody making a mouse very close to what I'd want. Now using CST L-Trac.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 14:41:20 »

Haha, have to agree with you there. Just going off of my own experience having owned those.

Nothing quite exactly like it obviously as the G9's shell had a unique feel. I can certainly recommend Spawn as I love that mouse, but I didn't really enjoy G303 as much.

The Corsair Sabre comes closer, but honestly, I prefered the G9x with the slimmer cover  :-X
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline iMav

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 01:23:55 »

Gave up on mice due to increasing pain and nobody making a mouse very close to what I'd want. Now using CST L-Trac.

Love my L-Trac.  Did you replace the ball with a billiard ball?  (We had a thread at one point showing all the different billiard balls folks have used.  Adds a bit of fun and uniqueness to the device.)

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 01:45:05 »
I'm tinkering with this guy, trying to create a mouse so that I can go keyboard-mostly and use a thumb on this mouse when it is more convenient.

105084-0
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #327 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:58:22 »
CM Storm QFR with Frosty Flake, running Easy AVR USB Firmware: one layer has mouse actions on the home row. And still Roccat Lua on one side, Kensington SlimBlade trackball on the other one.

I usually only briefly touch the trackball to switch windows (focus follows cursor) or use it to scroll a bit. Mouse buttons on the keyboard are great for wheel-click copypasta (in X.Org) and spamming the cookie in Cookie Clicker. Finally, the mouse is for everything else, which isn't much in actuality.

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #328 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 08:25:35 »
I'm using Cyborg RAT 7. The best mouse i've used so far. Really love the thumb scroll

Offline Bucake

« Reply #329 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 14:32:57 »
I'm tinkering with this guy, trying to create a mouse so that I can go keyboard-mostly and use a thumb on this mouse when it is more convenient.

(Attachment Link)

wow! what an awesome project
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:37:25 »

(Attachment Link)

wow! what an awesome project

it's been fun so far! I'm a software guy so this is a fun learning experience.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline v0idtek

• I make 3D printed stuff for keyboards.
    • v0idtek
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 23:51:18 »
Mionix Avior 7000 optical. Had the laser version, was very comfortable and the first mouse that felt completely problem free and "perfect" in a way. Got the optical version for minimal acceleration. Great mouse, like it way better than the steelseries and razer mice I've had in the past.
3D printed stuff for keyboards:
www.v0idtek.com

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:27:08 »
G700s. Pretty good mouse. Paired with some Eneloop rechargeable batteries and I'm set.

Offline eddie

• ееее
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 19:47:35 »
zowie ec2 evo.  i need to get new pads really bad

Offline SeanyC

« Reply #334 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 23:46:48 »

Does the white have a glossy finish?
My black rival has a matte finish, and im wondering if the gloss would be better with my oily hands.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 00:09:42 »

Does the white have a glossy finish?
My black rival has a matte finish, and im wondering if the gloss would be better with my oily hands.

Right. The glossy version's got a more tacky feeling than the matte black (especially when you clean it, because it does accumulate some fingerprints and I need to clean it once in a while).
Myself, I don't think I have very oily hands, but very dry hands. I found the rubberized surface too slippery for me to hold actually.
I think the black version might be better for you.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 14:23:20 »
My next refurb just arrived today. $15 Logitech G5. A bit rough around the edges and the scroll wheel sticks but nothing that a good cleaning won't fix (hopefully) :)
I had one of these back in the day but, like a doofus, I chucked it when the cord got loose and caused the mouse to lose tracking.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 15:08:03 »
My next refurb just arrived today. $15 Logitech G5. A bit rough around the edges and the scroll wheel sticks but nothing that a good cleaning won't fix (hopefully) :)
I had one of these back in the day but, like a doofus, I chucked it when the cord got loose and caused the mouse to lose tracking.

The gack that came out of this thing could've filled a thimble! No wonder the wheel and sensitivity buttons were unresponsive  :rolleyes: Anyway, the mouse was definitely worth the price tag.

Does anyone know of a good method for cleaning the soft rubber parts of a mouse without turning them sticky? I've tried gently wiping with 90% isopropyl alcohol, water-dampened cloth, and Formula 409 to mixed results.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline eddie

• ееее
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 21:22:00 »
steelseries sensei raw limited edition white

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:55:56 »
I was going to get a Func the next time my mouse died (my second Razer DeathAdder) and totally forgot last year when it did. So currently running the Ouroboros. Like all things Razer, build quality is hit or miss. Mine is creaky, but it works great. Has prediction unfortunately, but I don't find it nearly as bad as the DeathAdder's prediction before Razer disabled Drift Control.

Think I'm going to go back to a Wacom for when I need fine control. Just recently purchased a small one for the kid, and now I'm missing having that kind of functionality...

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 20:40:22 »
2 months into using the MX Master. Loving it so much!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:56:15 »

Just curious, is the 5-ball significant, or just one you had lying around? I'm currently looking to grab a pool ball for my L-Trac but I need inspiration on what to pick.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #342 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:01:14 »

Just curious, is the 5-ball significant, or just one you had lying around? I'm currently looking to grab a pool ball for my L-Trac but I need inspiration on what to pick.
when I get a trackball I am going to try and find a smiley face pool ball

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:05:17 »

Hapster pool ball.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:06:56 »

Hapster pool ball.
: o after searching for smiley pool balls, I found only 2 that were sold on ebay, and it might have been the same listing :(

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:10:18 »

Hapster pool ball.
: o after searching for smiley pool balls, I found only 2 that were sold on ebay, and it might have been the same listing :(

http://www.ozonebilliards.com/custom-personalized-pool-balls.html

My boards:
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:13:46 »

Hapster pool ball.

http://www.ozonebilliards.com/custom-personalized-pool-balls.html
thanks!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #347 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 14:25:29 »
My RAT 5 is pretty awful. I'm waiting out until the Ducky Secret comes out before I buy a replacement though.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline raymogi

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 20:03:16 »
I went through all of Razer and Steeleries lineup before settling on my current one, Steelseries Sensei Wireless.

Have been using this one for more than a year.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline dante

« Reply #349 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 21:04:24 »
still using microsoft wom ... there appears to be still flakey issues with the final mouse 2015 summer edition ... I'll probably sit it out until the Ducky Secret or 2016 Final Mouse Ambi is available.