Author Topic: Welcome Clueboard!  (Read 66363 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Welcome Clueboard!
« on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:07:41 »
I'd like to welcome Clueboard as the newest Vendor on geekhack.  Clueboard is run by skullydazed, and can be found at clueboard.co.

As of the time of writing, the website is under construction, but should open up soon.  :thumb:

And as always, this subforum is a place to discuss and share products, feedback, and anything else specifically related to Clueboard's wares.  If anyone has any questions regarding this addition, please feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM.  :)

Thanks!
-Hoffman

This post will be removed in or after 4 weeks.  :thumb:

Offline bcredbottle

Re: Welcome Clueboard!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:11:08 »
Intriguing. Welcome clueboard. What do you have in store?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:40:05 »
Welcome and good luck with your endeavours, Clueboard :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:42:52 »
Welcome! I'm excited to see what you have to offer; I signed up to be notified when you site it open  :thumb:
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline ika

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:43:47 »
Woo! I've seen some really cool things with skullydazed's name attached, so I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this website!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:27:16 »
skullydazed likes Alps.

This is really, really good news.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:33:11 »
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:53:24 »
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I didn't expect this to go up so soon and am out at dinner with my family, but will post more later tonight.

Thanks to HoffmanMyster for helping me get this setup, and for doing it so quickly!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:55:15 »
Wellcome clueboard

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 23:23:04 »
I've posted a thread for the first of several planned products from Clueboard. Over the next few days I'll post about a few more things I'm working on- laser cut acrylic cases, CNC'd wooden cases, Alps and MX keysets, and LeandreN anodized plates. I'm pretty excited about what I'll have on offer, and I hope you'll be excited too.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 21:31:11 »
This looks like it's going to be a really cool outlet for more custom board materials! I'm really glad you're opening up the market for readily available customs.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline E3E

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 00:25:49 »
Skullydazed was the first person I interacted with in the community. I was so surprised to see that he had such insane talent with keyboard design. The goals of Clueboard sound very ambitious but exciting. I'm definitely looking forward to the prospect of custom PCBs, plates, and key caps! ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Seriously, it looks great. Here's to hoping everything pans out for ya, Skully. I had seen your comments about getting a CNC machine and etching your own PCBs, but I never put two and two together and then I saw you designing the Monarch PCB, now this!

EPIC, dude. :D

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 02:21:56 »
Skullydazed was the first person I interacted with in the community. I was so surprised to see that he had such insane talent with keyboard design. The goals of Clueboard sound very ambitious but exciting. I'm definitely looking forward to the prospect of custom PCBs, plates, and key caps! ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Seriously, it looks great. Here's to hoping everything pans out for ya, Skully. I had seen your comments about getting a CNC machine and etching your own PCBs, but I never put two and two together and then I saw you designing the Monarch PCB, now this!

EPIC, dude. :D

Glad to see you're so excited. When you told me about your original project with that rapoo kx how could I not help? :D

I actually have set aside etching my own PCB's for now, but I hope to pick that up again in the future. I have a dream of providing PCB's for any layout at an affordable price.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 05:24:36 »
I've got a raging

More

Offline neverused

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 07:00:48 »
I've been watching these on Instagram, they look great!

Also, the reference should be made at least once:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:16:33 »
I've been watching these on Instagram, they look great!

Also, the reference should be made at least once:

Show Image

Classic movie! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Laser

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 18:21:27 »

The British version of the board game is called Cluedo - so perhaps the ISO version of the keyboard product (if separate from ANSI) could also be called ... Cluedoboard :)

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 14:47:16 »
If I got one of them, I would call it the Ludoboard. Alas, I'm making mine ANSI, all blue, blue alps switches, and calling it the Blueboard.

I'm good at naming things.

The same product is compatible with both layouts, by the way. Also JIS, I believe.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 15:03:40 »
signed up to be notified!
cant wait to check it out.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 23:23:24 »
Created account...looking to see about an order...waiting for response to questions on acrylic pictures/colors.

Great job, can't wait!
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!