Author Topic: [IC] THOK Lab  (Read 5234 times)

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
[IC] THOK Lab
« on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 16:37:56 »
THOK LAB | DARK

$95usd | 156 key set

NOW LIVE AT THOK.DESIGN
https://thok.design/product/thok-lab-keycapset/

Our first keycap set designed by us at THOK. We have teamed up with a manufacture to make quality Cherry Profile Dye Sub PBT keycaps
A tasteful take on keycaps to use everyday in the lab or office in the style of Thok.

THOK LAB Dark Set will be offered this time.
We hope to release the light set in the future.

Beige mods and legends. Cool dark charcoal keycaps.

Samples below have turned out great and will be reviewed by Apiary in the near future.

Global Vendors

US – Kono Store
AUS + Global – Thok
CAD – Ashkeebs
CN – Zfrontier
EU – Candykeys
UK – Prototypist

292570-0
292574-1
292576-2
292578-3

292572-4
292582-5

Group Buy will start on November 15 – December 15 2022
Delivered only 3 months after group buy date.

« Last Edit: Thu, 24 November 2022, 20:03:14 by GSPADE »

Offline TyPo.mk

Re: [IC] THOK Lab
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 19:58:59 »
manufactured by us at THOK
Is it though? Is this your factory?

Your icons are nice, but I find it a little hard to get excited for white on black reverse dyesub from a mystery manu when there are several other wob double-shot options in stock at the same price point.

I am even more hesitant with the known QC issues thok has had (lil dragon knobs) and the repeated issues with fulfillment (overselling/under producing caps like sunset TI and fall acorn, terror below thok being MIA from US vendor 7 months after you claim it was finished)

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 22:44:44 »
what is the difference between control and up arrow

Offline Nuap

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 22:45:10 »
Looks pretty decent from those photos.

I wish you added a few more novelties, maybe some with the angled striping you use for your branding.

I can't really tell from the kitting picture - what are the options for F and J?

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 00:44:03 »
what is the difference between control and up arrow

Hello, basically the width of cntrl is wider

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 00:59:57 »
Hello, Thanks for being first comment. We've teamed up with a factory. I have modified the post. You can see now it's a beige on anthracite.

Not sure what issues of li'll dragon you are referring to. They came out great. There might have been a few orders that got damaged during delivery but we always replace or refund.

Fall Acorn was a cancelled project because the set did not reach MOQ.

Terror Below was sent to all vendors ahead of time. One vendor did not let us know it had gone missing in transit so we arranged express delivery of another order.

Ti Sunset you are referring to one customer that was upset from the response of our team that offered a limited edition Ti or money back. I wasn't around that week to see he was not happy still (understandably I might add) and would have worked something out. We have more Ti Sunset delivering out and in stock next week as well which we have offered him at a high discount for the mess up.

Good to express concerns though, we'll make sure proper QC is taken and we continue taking care of all our customers <3

Your icons are nice, but I find it a little hard to get excited for white on black reverse dyesub from a mystery manu when there are several other wob double-shot options in stock at the same price point.

I am even more hesitant with the known QC issues thok has had (lil dragon knobs) and the repeated issues with fulfillment (overselling/under producing caps like sunset TI and fall acorn, terror below thok being MIA from US vendor 7 months after you claim it was finished)

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 07:30:52 »
Hello, Thanks for being first comment. We've teamed up with a factory. I have modified the post. You can see now it's a beige on anthracite.

Not sure what issues of li'll dragon you are referring to. They came out great. There might have been a few orders that got damaged during delivery but we always replace or refund.

Fall Acorn was a cancelled project because the set did not reach MOQ.

Terror Below was sent to all vendors ahead of time. One vendor did not let us know it had gone missing in transit so we arranged express delivery of another order.

Ti Sunset you are referring to one customer that was upset from the response of our team that offered a limited edition Ti or money back. I wasn't around that week to see he was not happy still (understandably I might add) and would have worked something out. We have more Ti Sunset delivering out and in stock next week as well which we have offered him at a high discount for the mess up.

Good to express concerns though, we'll make sure proper QC is taken and we continue taking care of all our customers <3

Thanks for the response and best of luck with IC/GB. Again, I’m a fan of the legends and the kitting is nice. I’m out for this first round but I’ll keep an eye out for future color ways if this goes well.

Offline Koniotaur

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 14:13:56 »
Is the font standard cherry don't thickness or thinner? It kinda reminds me of DCS but want to make sure

Offline caughtquick

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 00:13:35 »
Looks nice but seconding on the novelties, with an unknown manu at an almost $100 price may be a tough sell without them.

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 19:58:43 »
Is the font standard cherry don't thickness or thinner? It kinda reminds me of DCS but want to make sure

Similar, it's thinner

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 23:10:13 »
what country is the factory in

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 07:17:01 »
what country is the factory in

We're an Australian company but it will be made in China