Author Topic: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1. UPDATED April 21st, please read  (Read 138947 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Ugh, still not here in northern Ontario :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!

USA ones were the first to go out since they were the majority at IIRC 45 of the orders.

And for yours I used the address you submitted in the change form and I remember the canada post clerk telling me that your postal code could not be found so she had to do some workarounds in the computer but maybe it's slow in the mail stream because of that.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

USA ones were the first to go out since they were the majority at IIRC 45 of the orders.

And for yours I used the address you submitted in the change form and I remember the canada post clerk telling me that your postal code could not be found so she had to do some workarounds in the computer but maybe it's slow in the mail stream because of that.

Hmmm sounds like maybe I entered it incorrectly, hope it ends up being alright :\

Offline GL1TCH3D

I looked it up on my phone while at the counter and it seems exist. Hope it gets here fine!

And next time I'll have to get  printer and get some more automated invoicing / label creation because doing everything by hand is not terribly fun =P

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
I looked it up on my phone while at the counter and it seems exist. Hope it gets here fine!

And next time I'll have to get  printer and get some more automated invoicing / label creation because doing everything by hand is not terribly fun =P

Oh lord no! So many international forms to fill out!!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Just built it. Everything works as expected. I went with the in-switch leds (couldn't get underside LEDs to light up when I added them, too much of a drain on the system).

Quick cell phone pics:

I'm using blank 'Ghost White' PBT caps.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
Just built it. Everything works as expected. I went with the in-switch leds (couldn't get underside LEDs to light up when I added them, too much of a drain on the system).

Quick cell phone pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

okay, but why hhkb layout on an already reduced layout.
that just makes the keyboard even more of a struggle to use

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com

Quick cell phone pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Because those switch positions are the worst and I'm using Fn layers.

It's pretty easy to claim all 40% keyboards are hard to use so I don't know why two keys would be anyone's breaking point.

Online KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴

Quick cell phone pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

wowwww, look great!!! shame about the underside rgb leds~ but looks tight with your choice of keycaps  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline cheddarbek

Why HHKB? Ctrl on corner keys is superfluous (in my opinion) since capslock can be remapped to Ctrl.

The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder

Quick cell phone pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's pretty easy to claim all 40% keyboards are hard to use so I don't know why two keys would be anyone's breaking point.
It's still counterintuitive. In a 40% you should be making the most out of every single key. Meh it's just me but I already believe the Hhkb layout is a struggle enough and now 40%+Hhkb .-.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com

Quick cell phone pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's still counterintuitive. In a 40% you should be making the most out of every single key. Meh it's just me but I already believe the Hhkb layout is a struggle enough and now 40%+Hhkb .-.

That's fair enough. I'm in the camp that finds the HHKB 60% layout to be godlike, so I'm hoping to come up with a way to make it work on a 40%. When I get time to flash it I'm going to try and use a duel space-fn setup to give easy access to three fn layers (the split right shift being the third).

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!

Quick cell phone pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love your build & keycap choice. I was one of the people w/ a kit issue, so I'm definitely looking forward to mine once I get it. I'm shooting for an hhkb 40% set up too. Again, great looking 40!

Offline GL1TCH3D

When it comes to 40% the keys on the corners make a huge difference, that being said I made the HHKB version myself anyway...

Again, sorry about what happened William! Working to getting you the HHKB plate

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
When it comes to 40% the keys on the corners make a huge difference, that being said I made the HHKB version myself anyway...

Again, sorry about what happened William! Working to getting you the HHKB plate
No problem Gl1tch3d,
I understand, just looking forward to my golbat40. Issues or not, w/o you setting up this gb, I wouldn't have a golbat40 to look forward to.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2016, 02:55:53 by William_S_Jones »

Offline Zanduby

If anyone doesn't end up wanting their kit, I will buy.

Offline GL1TCH3D

There are like 5 kits that haven't gone out yet so best to check the classifieds at this point. If there's enough interest I can setup a round 2.

Offline Zanduby

There are like 5 kits that haven't gone out yet so best to check the classifieds at this point. If there's enough interest I can setup a round 2.

There will always be a few of us that don't want one until the GB is over. I was looking at a JD40 as a project to work on w/ my son to continue his soldering lessons, but figured i'd try at a full kit before going that route.

Offline GL1TCH3D

There will always be a few of us that don't want one until the GB is over. I was looking at a JD40 as a project to work on w/ my son to continue his soldering lessons, but figured i'd try at a full kit before going that route.

Understandable, you're not the first to ask anyway. But the timing makes it so that they can't really transfer their orders anymore so much as just do a straight sale.

Offline Zanduby

Understandable, you're not the first to ask anyway. But the timing makes it so that they can't really transfer their orders anymore so much as just do a straight sale.
Right, I wasn't looking to transfer order as much as just selling me their kits when they arrive.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
GL1TCH3D, did you end up sending these packages tracked? It shows on my invoice that I payed $20 for a tracked shipping option. Can you PM me the tracking number?

Has anyone else in the US received their kit?

Offline cheddarbek

GL1TCH3D, did you end up sending these packages tracked? It shows on my invoice that I payed $20 for a tracked shipping option. Can you PM me the tracking number?

Has anyone else in the US received their kit?

Looking back at the invoice (#0018), mine shows the same "Shipping to USA (Tracked)" line on the invoice. I'm in the US, have not received the kit, nor tracking...
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
got mine today. packaged well, no issues.  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Mime also arrived today,  (I'm in Delaware just as a reference for everyone) and looks to be in great shape.  Apparently I ordered silver top and bottom plates with a blue acrylic middle section.

Sent from my 6039S using Tapatalk

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
Actually, I just received a notification from USPS that a package from CA is on its way. Looks like it just took a while to pop up in the FL. Great!

Offline GL1TCH3D

Glad people are getting them  :thumb:

Can't wait to see the pictures

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
wth how are people getting theirs in states much further than me  :'( There is no notifications on my usps

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
So I got mine all assembled and everything is looking great, but flashing it is being a real pain in the ass. I've followed all the instructions, and when I go to flash it I constantly get the "did you forget to press the reset button" message. I followed all the instructions in the main post, but still nothing different. Is there something on my end I'm doing wrong that would cause this? I've tried everything a quick google search brought it (hold it down for over a minute, press it during, press it before, etc) but nothing has worked.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
So I got mine all assembled and everything is looking great, but flashing it is being a real pain in the ass. I've followed all the instructions, and when I go to flash it I constantly get the "did you forget to press the reset button" message. I followed all the instructions in the main post, but still nothing different. Is there something on my end I'm doing wrong that would cause this? I've tried everything a quick google search brought it (hold it down for over a minute, press it during, press it before, etc) but nothing has worked.

You probably don't have the driver.

When you go to the "TOOL" folder and open "ZADIG_2.2" make sure your device is in boot mode (by pressing button first). Then under "options" click "List all devices" and select "ATm32UDFU" then you will be able to "INSTALL DRIVER"

You are probably installing the "WCID DRIVER" right now if you are following the instructions step by step, which won't quite get you there. Hope this helps  :thumb:

Offline alexjd99

When you go to the "TOOL" folder and open "ZADIG_2.2" make sure your device is in boot mode (by pressing button first). Then under "options" click "List all devices" and select "ATm32UDFU" then you will be able to "INSTALL DRIVER"

You are probably installing the "WCID DRIVER" right now if you are following the instructions step by step, which won't quite get you there. Hope this helps  :thumb:

I guess today is not my day for reading well :p

Thanks, that did the trick :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

I guess today is not my day for reading well

You were reading just fine haha, small little detail not in the instructions ;)

My matrix is being wacky, whole left side isn't working after flashing it, instead it starts the layout I have programmed, just a few keys to the right something to hash out tomorrow haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline GL1TCH3D

My matrix is being wacky, whole left side isn't working after flashing it, instead it starts the layout I have programmed, just a few keys to the right something to hash out tomorrow haha.

If something is bugging out try rebuilding the hex file on the site.
It happened once where I built the layout, downloaded the hex, flashed and it just didn't work. I redownloaded the hex and reflashed it and it worked without changing anything. One of those things I couldn't figure out.

Nathanrosspowell is going to work on a TMK project if people want to work with him on that!

Offline alexjd99

I had the same problem with mine. When you paste the new matrix, it doesn't automatically change the rows/columns above, so you have to go in an change it to 4x12. (1-4 for rows, 5-16 for columns)

At least that was what the fix was for mine

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
I received the kit today, looks perfect! I'll be assembling it this weekend. :D Thanks GL1TCH3D!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

I had the same problem with mine. When you paste the new matrix, it doesn't automatically change the rows/columns above, so you have to go in an change it to 4x12. (1-4 for rows, 5-16 for columns)

At least that was what the fix was for mine

Yeah it doesnt change the matrix, that was the only issue. flashed it a few times just to test it, and all is working well now.  :thumb:

Offline schlesi

All you people already getting and building a kit :(
I have to wait about two more weeks, if customs play nice.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Looks like I'll have to go and amend the guides

How many people built and flashed their boards so far?

Got mine all together. The firmware was a bit of pain but once I followed what livingspeedbump and alexjd99's suggestions I got it working no problem. I tossed on some Round 5 leftovers for now but I may have to see if I can pick up a danger zone set to go with the silver and blue. All in all a very smooth group buy and a great little board, thanks GL1TCH3D.

Warning ****ty Cellphone pics incoming

Offline schlesi

Got mine all together. The firmware was a bit of pain but once I followed what livingspeedbump and alexjd99's suggestions I got it working no problem. I tossed on some Round 5 leftovers for now but I may have to see if I can pick up a danger zone set to go with the silver and blue. All in all a very smooth group buy and a great little board, thanks GL1TCH3D.

Warning ****ty Cellphone pics incoming

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That are some really nice colors, never would've thought of that.
I can imagine it with Danger Zone, best of luck with finding a set.

Offline stoic-lemon

Congrats on a successful GB. Sad that I couldn't join, even though I've followed this from early on.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

I have, its all working quite nicely   :thumb:

Online KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴

Just got mine in the mail, and I must say I love the colors!

This will be my first soldering attempt in my lifetime, so wish me luck  :eek: (probably practice before i even attempt to build this :x )

thanks GL1TCH3D! Look forward to this
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline alexjd99

I have as well, I love it. I put lubed ergo clears in mine.

I'll upload photos in a bit :thumb:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Got mine today! Will post built pics when I have the time!

Offline GL1TCH3D

Show Image

Show Image

Just got mine in the mail, and I must say I love the colors!

This will be my first soldering attempt in my lifetime, so wish me luck  :eek: (probably practice before i even attempt to build this :x )

thanks GL1TCH3D! Look forward to this

soldering isn't that bad!

Looks like a lot of the parcels are arriving at roughly the same time

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
I also paid for tracking, and have received neither the items nor tracking info. Shipping was to PA so one would imagine I would get it at the same time as the Delaware folks.

Hopefully tracking or the package itself shows up today.

Offline JorisBoers

• ORANGE IS LOVE, ORANGE IS LIVE
Arghh, I want my kit. All the builds so far look super cool  :thumb:

Probably will sell it pretty quickly tho since 40% (planck) just isn't my thing and I think that I won't be able to get used to the reduced amount of keys. Still should be a dope project.

"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

Probably will sell it pretty quickly tho since 40% (planck) just isn't my thing and I think that I won't be able to get used to the reduced amount of keys. Still should be a dope project.

I set mine up with an HHKB plate and honestly it is quite usable. I did love the Planck, but it definitely had a learning curve. This was surprisingly easy to use thanks to the familiar stagger. People should upload their layouts for everyone else to see :thumb:

Ill try to take some screenshots later and upload some pics that can help with the guide as well
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 12:01:25 by livingspeedbump »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
gah I am so impatient I want mine already.

I've been wanting a 40 for the longest now.

Offline alexjd99

Just like Lsb said, there is a learning curve, but once you get used to it it's very nice. With both of my 40% boards (Planck and HHKB Golbat) my layout had quite a few revisions, but once you find one that you settle on it's very easy to learn. This should be pretty easy to get used to since you don't have to learn an ortho layout :))