Author Topic: [IC] Haven TKL - An 80% Keyboard with F13 Layout  (Read 51050 times)

Offline papamao

[IC] Haven TKL - An 80% Keyboard with F13 Layout
« on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 02:45:02 »
Hello fellow enthusiasts,
This is PapaMaoddd from Atelier Haven, and I recently announced the upcoming shipment of Haven65 to our vendor. Then, as the Haven 65 are well on track, I am excited to introduce the Haven TKL, which is finishing up shipping in China, a brand-new keyboard with an 80% F13 layout.
Inspired by my college architecture studies, I've designed the Haven TKL to not only  follow the Haven 65’s design language, but going even further with an exaggerated milled-out side profile, aggressive lighting, a cantilever structure, and a unique, sandwiched weight design.
Before going into the TKL, let me intro duce you the inspiration behind this board. HavenTKL is still inspired by a piece of architecture, just like how Haven 65 related to Haven Huis. Just about half a year before the trip to Belgium In 2018, I was an architecture major student finishing up my third year of college in Cal Poly SLO(hopefully one of the reader is from there), I finished the design of my favorite piece of work throughout the whole college, a Virtual Reality Research Center located in Russian Hill, San Francisco. I met the professor that affected my way of design and formed my own design philosophy that year, and that is why I really wanted this building to be alive in some other ways. 

This design was quite influenced by some of Zaha Hadid’s early works as well as some of Thom Mayne’s design. As you can see here, HavenTKL, along with Haven 65, was quite influenced by this building’s crazy cantilever structure, zig-zagging outline, powerful polygonal volumes with a hint of deconstructivism. The overall building is made of silver and transparent material, with a hint of red weaving through out the whole building, and a shiny, red core(VR show room) located in the center of the building. This design of red core of the VRRC is also the inspiration of the “sandwich weight” in feature in HavenTKL
Here is an “architectural diagram” that introduce some basic aspects of the board.

explosion render

The redcore also did not only inspired the design of the weight, but also my favorite colorway of the board: Silver cases, silver PVD SS weight and the red anodized aluminum core weight. (The small pc bottom case is an extra option)   

Here's a quick rundown of the Haven TKL's design features:
•   Exaggerated milled-out side profile, following the Haven design language
•   Type-C port with poly line design and enlarged space for easier access
•   Unique, sandwiched weight design with multiple color options
•   18.2mm front height and 8.5 degrees of typing angle
•   Badge design inspired by the keyboard's side profile
•   Bottom bar weight with PVD coating and a logo design (brass option available)
•   2 horizontal flex cut PCB with 2 extra connections in the middle for firm or soft(if you choose to cut out the connections) typing experience
•   Underglow light and front accent light on both sides of the PCB
•   Silicon socks gasket mounting method for improved stability
The Haven TKL will be available in a variety of color options to suit your style. The design is more aggressive than Haven65, and I'm excited to see how it will be received by the community.
Here are some of the other great colorways that will be appearing in the group buy, More information and renders/photos of other colorways will be announced before the GB
“Gray Copper” with GMK Cafe

“Lavender” with Gmk Lavender

“Crimson” with GMK Ishtar+kuro kit

“Tempt”+ BoW and “Red Core” + GMK Rainy Day and JTK 404(by rifen)
(I also didn’t take the photos down below, these are my friend code named “little turtles” work. However, he doesn’t know how to use Lightroom so I did it form him but forgetting to get rid of the watermark option)

Case

As this is an interest check, I'm eager to hear your thoughts and feedback on the Haven TKL. Please let me know what you think, and feel free to ask any questions you may have in Atelier Haven’s Discord channel
Thank you for your attention and interest.
Best regards, PapaMaoddd from Atelier Haven

Discord: https://discord.gg/KtGT4nDAtE

« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2023, 02:58:15 by papamao »

Offline Yichen

Re: [IC] Haven TKL - An 80% Keyboard with F13 Layout
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 03:14:28 »
Really love my grey & pink HavenTKL! GL on international GB! :thumb:

Offline cloudtastrophe

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 03:40:01 »
Stunning. I work in an architectural firm and would love to have this one on my desk at the office. I think it would be nice to alternate out with the 7v. Morphosis and Herzog kind of guy myself though

Offline mur1_fat_des

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 04:06:28 »
Electrophoretic yellow forever!!!!

Offline fzlo

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 04:58:23 »
Piece of art.
More copper please !

Offline Natetypesfast

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 10:37:50 »
Incredible - I love the design and the aggressive lines.  Wondering how the lighting will work?  I imagine you'll need the PC bottom extra to see it? 

Offline keepoto

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 11:04:45 »
this is very dank.

could you please work on a 60% next?

Offline Leszy

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 11:52:50 »
Very, very classy. Are you thinking on layouts other than 7u WKL?

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 14:19:35 »
Beautiful.

Price?

Offline bizzlesticks

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 16:27:28 »
The renders are trying to be too artsy and are making it very difficult to really appreciate the design. Based on what's shown, this looks ugly and busy. I think maybe this could be helped if the design was more clearly displayed, or maybe it's just bad design.

Offline keebbois

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 20:28:31 »
Don't really like TKLs, however the Haven TKL is definitely one of those boards that attracts me regardless of whether I like the form factor or not. I'm not sure if it is possible for this to be done, but I would love to see a colourway/version of the Haven TKL where the top case is Polycarbonate and the bottom case is aluminium/stainless steel. Kind of like what the PC version of Exclusive's E7V2. If you were able to make this version possible, it's an instant cop for me, even when I'm trying to limit the amount of boards I purchase this year. Thematically, I think it also makes a lot of sense since these days with modern architecture, glass has been a much more popular material for external surfaces and facades for buildings. I hope we can maybe see a poll to garner the interest of those in the community for a version like this.

Offline nebben42

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 21:57:57 »
Is that a beige and gold weight colorway in the photo with pieces laying out? If so, I would love to have a board with that, like a tan/beige and gold weight.

Offline QWER|key

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 01:49:30 »
I love this, and it will be an instabuy from me.   I have a request though. Although the renders are really nice, I would appreciate if you just made some simple renders that more clearly show all the board's details.  Please?

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 11:13:49 »
Copper…sublime. ‘Nuff said

Offline Morbii

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 14:18:10 »
This is fantastic.  Sad I missed out on the 65 (assuming I did?)

Offline xtrmlil

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 14:03:27 »
Beautiful TKL !! Can we see more "flat" renders of the keeb ?

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 15:32:30 »
You got it, Mao

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 17:37:03 »
Why no price?  seems like this should be known already if there has already been a china only gb.

Offline papamao

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 18:38:04 »
I love this, and it will be an instabuy from me.   I have a request though. Although the renders are really nice, I would appreciate if you just made some simple renders that more clearly show all the board's details.  Please?

Interestingly enough, these are actual photo shots

Offline papamao

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 18:39:50 »
Why no price?  seems like this should be known already if there has already been a china only gb.
The main reason behind is there are several factors need to be reconsider when announcing the price. since there will be vendor charges and shipping charges occured. we dont want to announce it too early then fail to meet the price.

Offline Nevrest

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02 May 2023, 10:15:32 »
A bit busy for my liking, but I will say I respect the effort to make something different.

Offline superjackie

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 01:35:36 »
Amazing TKL. GL with IC and GB!

Offline Marboard

• Marboard.net
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 14:17:59 »
Showing how you designed the keeb is really cool! Nice board.

Offline moonsearch

• Visit our website
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 16:18:44 »
Very classy good job

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 08:56:06 »
No wonder something seemed off about this keyboard designer... They work with Keysponssory aka CMM.

I took a look at your Discord and it seems you guys were also late on Haven65. Interesting how people keep giving Freather money after the disastrous Fuji65 and Saka65 GBs.

For anyone unfamiliar, Freather and CMM ran two GBs back to back with an ETA of less than half a year. It took them almost 2 years to deliver those boards. Similarly with the Haven65, the GB was from 9/22-10/22 with an ETA of 5-6 months. They claim that they already shipped the cases to vendors in May of 2023 (7 months later). Assuming they did the same thing and shipped by sea (like they did with Saka and Fuji), it'll be several more months before GB joiners get their keyboards, putting the actual time line to almost 1 year.

Oh and let me also talk about the QC Freather and CMM had with Fuji's and Sakas... There was basically no QC! Boards arrived damaged, plates did not fit. The pink ano turned out orange. PCBs had issues. Boards received were mostly C-stock. Issues that they knew about from prototyping ended up making it to final product. Issues that content creators brought up, ignored.

Did they try to make things right? Hell no! Freather and CMM began banning anyone who asked for the status of the projects. They even flooded the Discords with alts that simped for them. You couldn't complain or give any criticism because you'd get harassed by their alts and banned. All of the vendors who joined in as proxies got shafted! Ask Deskhero about the nightmare they went through with refund request. Some vendors even had to pay out of their pocket to fix the plate issues that CMM and Freather refused to take responsibility for.

For all of this, I will never support CMM, Keysponssory, Freather, or anyone involved with them. Do not give these people your money. Do not fall for this GB. Close your wallets and look elsewhere to designers and vendors who have cared about their customers.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 May 2023, 09:01:00 by Necrolegion »

Offline papamao

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 20 June 2023, 07:52:03 »
No wonder something seemed off about this keyboard designer... They work with Keysponssory aka CMM.

I took a look at your Discord and it seems you guys were also late on Haven65. Interesting how people keep giving Freather money after the disastrous Fuji65 and Saka65 GBs.

For anyone unfamiliar, Freather and CMM ran two GBs back to back with an ETA of less than half a year. It took them almost 2 years to deliver those boards. Similarly with the Haven65, the GB was from 9/22-10/22 with an ETA of 5-6 months. They claim that they already shipped the cases to vendors in May of 2023 (7 months later). Assuming they did the same thing and shipped by sea (like they did with Saka and Fuji), it'll be several more months before GB joiners get their keyboards, putting the actual time line to almost 1 year.

Oh and let me also talk about the QC Freather and CMM had with Fuji's and Sakas... There was basically no QC! Boards arrived damaged, plates did not fit. The pink ano turned out orange. PCBs had issues. Boards received were mostly C-stock. Issues that they knew about from prototyping ended up making it to final product. Issues that content creators brought up, ignored.

Did they try to make things right? Hell no! Freather and CMM began banning anyone who asked for the status of the projects. They even flooded the Discords with alts that simped for them. You couldn't complain or give any criticism because you'd get harassed by their alts and banned. All of the vendors who joined in as proxies got shafted! Ask Deskhero about the nightmare they went through with refund request. Some vendors even had to pay out of their pocket to fix the plate issues that CMM and Freather refused to take responsibility for.

For all of this, I will never support CMM, Keysponssory, Freather, or anyone involved with them. Do not give these people your money. Do not fall for this GB. Close your wallets and look elsewhere to designers and vendors who have cared about their customers.

This GB isn't run by CMM neither the manu they used to work with. I work with the manu that brought you guys Gray Studio boards and many other well known boards so you don't need to worry about qc or shipping date too much. Also, the expected shipping date for the board is Q2 this year and I have finished shipping to every single vendor by mid-May and customers that joined intl GB have already received their board by weeks. You totally shouldn't be worry about the manu's ability of getting things done on time, nor anyone that is interested in this board. I am also an architect that works over 50 hours a week in architecture firm and I do admit that things could have gone a bit quicker if I wasn't so busy at work. You didn't join the GB of haven 65 and I don't think you have the rights to complain about my past and upcoming GB of being late.

Offline section311

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 20 June 2023, 11:47:42 »
Not sure what that guy going at. However, This board China GB was like late last year and has been delivered in general. People are already reselling there Haven TKL on China Second Hand Market. The board looks great and your designs in general. Been following your posts on zfrontier side as result.

If people are impatient, just go join the china group buy and you don't have to worry about delays and get things possibly well ahead of intl gb people. Of course, the process to enter Chinese GB is super cumbersome for most, almost not worth it in general.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 12:03:20 by section311 »

Offline superjackie

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 22:07:39 »

What does Fuji/Sakas have anything to do with Haven? I'm not a fan of Fuji boards and definitely not a fan of their discord, so I quit their discord. The way they handle the community really sucks.

My experience with papamao/haven/china gb has been nothing but amazing. I got my haven 65 in time and the quality is top notch. I joined china haven tkl gb and look forward to build mine.

You're mixing haven with other stuffs that're not relevant.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 03:41:37 »

What does Fuji/Sakas have anything to do with Haven? I'm not a fan of Fuji boards and definitely not a fan of their discord, so I quit their discord. The way they handle the community really sucks.

My experience with papamao/haven/china gb has been nothing but amazing. I got my haven 65 in time and the quality is top notch. I joined china haven tkl gb and look forward to build mine.

The guy(s) behind this project are working with CMM and Freather, the scumbags behind Saka/Fuji. Just looking at the US GB for Haven65 already makes this project, Haven TKL, look bad. Haven65 GB was from mid September to mid October 2022, with an ETA of 5-6 months. They are already 8 months and still haven't shipped to vendors or fulfilled. Literally what happened with the Fuji and Saka!

They claimed a 6-8 month ETA, didn't deliver on time, weren't very transparent about the status, and when they said they had shipped, it took almost another year to get tracking... All while completely dropping the ball on QC and basic checking. The plates they shipped were unusable, with some vendors having to step in and fix the issue themselves!

Oh and did I mention the scumbagery?! They silenced anyone asking questions, criticizing them, or asking for refunds. They literally took no blame! Everyone who joined were SOL!

EDIT: Autocorrect

This is why I am voicing my concern and asking others to steer the heck away from any projects that CMM, Freather, or Keysponssory touch.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 June 2023, 03:46:07 by Necrolegion »

Offline keepoto

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 04:18:43 »

The guy(s) behind this project are working with CMM and Freather, the scumbags behind Saka/Fuji. Just looking at the US GB for Haven65 already makes this project, Haven TKL, look bad. Haven65 GB was from mid September to mid October 2022, with an ETA of 5-6 months. They are already 8 months and still haven't shipped to vendors or fulfilled. Literally what happened with the Fuji and Saka!

They claimed a 6-8 month ETA, didn't deliver on time, weren't very transparent about the status, and when they said they had shipped, it took almost another year to get tracking... All while completely dropping the ball on QC and basic checking. The plates they shipped were unusable, with some vendors having to step in and fix the issue themselves!

Oh and did I mention the scumbagery?! They silenced anyone asking questions, criticizing them, or asking for refunds. They literally took no blame! Everyone who joined were SOL!

This is why I am voicing my concern and asking others to steer the heck away from any projects that CMM, Freather, or Keysponssory touch.

sure I'll avoid Keyspongery, what about Keyspensory tho?

Offline section311

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 08:17:25 »

Same could be said for haven65 with kanatakey. That vendor went awol and even caused delays on mw front. It was another exit scam potentially but in the end hes back to fulfill his orders.

Offline Oraeth

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 14:08:19 »
Looks magnificent, love the design. I pray for the 60%. Would definitely appreciate a straight photo of the side profile in order to see it in its full glory. There definitely is a little too much flower and not enough board for the silver and lilac photos. Won't be joining because I'm a 60% boi, but gl with gb!

Offline Cringelord

• Crack Connoisseur
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 00:50:44 »
Would like to see WK not just WKL. And maybe in Black or Coffee colored boards with coppper :)

Offline Gargantua

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 19:23:43 »
This looks great, will be following this one.

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 03:42:53 »
The design is really coll.

Offline papamao

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 21:34:15 »
Showing how you designed the keeb is really cool! Nice board.

Thank you so much for you kind words! HavenTKL is going into GB this week, please check it out if you like the board!

Offline papamao

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 21:37:22 »
The design is really coll.

Thank you so much! I so glad to receive such positive feedback from another great designer, love your board so much as well!

Offline papamao

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 21:41:26 »
Looks magnificent, love the design. I pray for the 60%. Would definitely appreciate a straight photo of the side profile in order to see it in its full glory. There definitely is a little too much flower and not enough board for the silver and lilac photos. Won't be joining because I'm a 60% boi, but gl with gb!

Thank you so much! Haven 60 is coming soon btw, however it does look kinda different compared to the TKL. It will be sold instock next February and you will see the IC soon!

Offline papamao

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 22:15:27 »
Stunning. I work in an architectural firm and would love to have this one on my desk at the office. I think it would be nice to alternate out with the 7v. Morphosis and Herzog kind of guy myself though

I am really a Morphosis guy myself hehe. Perhaps you can see some influence of Morphosis in HavenTKL ;D

Offline papamao

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 22:39:31 »
Beautiful.

Price?

We are going into GB this week, you can come check out the price on the GB page. It ranges from 460$-600$

Offline keepoto

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 00:35:21 »
Beautiful.

Price?

We are going into GB this week, you can come check out the price on the GB page. It ranges from 460$-600$

GL w GB bro

Offline papamao

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:01:48 »
The renders are trying to be too artsy and are making it very difficult to really appreciate the design. Based on what's shown, this looks ugly and busy. I think maybe this could be helped if the design was more clearly displayed, or maybe it's just bad design.

We all like different things, perhaps you have seen videos of HavenTKL and changed your mind. Come check out the GB this weekend

Offline papamao

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:05:03 »
I just read your reply here. You have added a lot of things. I'm so much excited. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words! The GB is opening soon, come check it out!

Offline papamao

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:14:20 »

We do have some simple renders as well as some fantastic photos of HavenTKL, come check it out in our discord channel!

Offline papamao

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:15:19 »
Is that a beige and gold weight colorway in the photo with pieces laying out? If so, I would love to have a board with that, like a tan/beige and gold weight.

It is a beige-ish ano color with a bronze-colored pvd weight.

Offline papamao

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:16:23 »
This is fantastic.  Sad I missed out on the 65 (assuming I did?)

Well make sure you don't miss out on TKL's GB(assuming you didn't miss 65's)

Offline papamao

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:18:10 »
Copper…sublime. ‘Nuff said

We are having Bronze PVD and sand-blasted copper in some of the colorways, come check out the GB if you would like to!

Offline papamao

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:18:44 »
Piece of art.
More copper please !

Oh yeah, some of the colorways have sand-blasted copper weight in it!

Offline papamao

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:19:10 »
Beautiful TKL !! Can we see more "flat" renders of the keeb ?

Sure thing, also why not go check out some videos of HavenTKL? Lots of videos are coming this month.

Offline papamao

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 08:19:36 »