Author Topic: [GB] ALF DC60 (100% shipped)  (Read 101718 times)

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
    • ILUMKB
Re: [GB] ALF DC60 (80% shipped)
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 07:10:30 »
Hi all,

I received an incorrect order and I’m trying to find who got it so I can trade.

Did anyone order a: Purple Case, Brass Plate

But, instead received a: Everest White Case, PCB, Brass Plate

If you did, please let me know so we can swap. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi i already solved the problem for you. Pls pm me on discord !

Offline rn00175

• Broke student forcing himself into the hobby
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 17:36:45 »
Ordered myself an Everest White but got myself a Black case.

Anyone ordered a Black case and got a White one?

Contact me on discord: RN00175#5813 or PM me if you do and am willing to trade it.

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 17:46:22 »
My package came in with my correct order had a minor issue that Louis fixed immediately. I hope everyone gets their order mix up resolved and I can't wait to see pictures of everyone's builds!

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 16:02:50 »
Hard to tell what % of people have incorrect orders. I check discord daily and it's always just a handful of people, but that is just discord. I am hoping for Alf and everyone elses sake that mistakes are not wide spread. My ordered was incorrect I am hoping the community comes together and does the right thing and redirects their orders properly.

Louis has been very responsive with PM's so I have faith everyone will be sorted out.

Anyone who receives.

- Purple DC60.
- Dark grey/greenish DC60
- Dark grey plate.

Message me please :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2018, 21:11:04 by Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4 »
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline tkeatingt

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 08:06:19 »
Got mine today, all correct, looks and feels amazing!

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what do I need to unscrew the screws? It looks like hex head, but I don't have any that are small enough for it. Hoping that someone can tell me so I can buy what I need correctly the first time  :))

Offline jobicoppola

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 09:13:43 »
I used torx T6, worked fine.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 19:35:03 »
Got mine today, all correct, looks and feels amazing!

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what do I need to unscrew the screws? It looks like hex head, but I don't have any that are small enough for it. Hoping that someone can tell me so I can buy what I need correctly the first time  :))
black friday sales: https://www.amazon.com/ORIA-Screwdriver-Precision-Professional-Smartphone/dp/B0769HJL5Y/ref=gbps_img_m-9_62c3_8963f446?smid=A2FOADTO08BQD0&pf_rd_p=4d52f7fa-20b0-4bf9-a290-13e96d3f62c3&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=15529609011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=JG0G6FM22VC1BJXXFSNF

Offline iliketimex

Re: [GB] ALF DC60 (99% shipped)
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 11:44:41 »
Received my shipment on Saturday (east coast USA). Looks good, surprised how heavy the case is. The black pads on the bottom are much nicer than clear pads for this black case. Good GB.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 20:48:05 »
Ordered a white dc60 and got a purple case, please resolve.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:01:55 »
207936-0
 ;) Built with Halo Clears. Sorbothane-ed of course

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 19:03:33 »
Damn that looks so nice mate.
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 00:44:53 »
(Attachment Link)

Which brass plate did you use? The one that it came with doesn't have 7u spacebar support :(

Offline MMKB

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:40:50 »
(Attachment Link)

Which brass plate did you use? The one that it came with doesn't have 7u spacebar support :(

I had the same problem with the DC60 brass plate so ended up using a spare KBDfans plate.

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 21:06:25 »
Hey everyone,

Alot of people have been having order issues. It's been going on for weeks. Louis is trying to coordinate everyone and resolve it all in a big batch.

If you received the incorrect order, dont have tracking, havent received your order or anything else join this discord server.

https://discord.gg/n6x8Cvh

PLEASE ONLY JOIN IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH YOUR DC60 order

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #364 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 12:13:43 »
Amazing DC60 build:

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 13:20:37 »
Amazing DC60 build:

Lol some similarities :p ( sry off topic ) :cool:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 19:33:27 »
(Attachment Link)

Amazing, so clean

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #367 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 20:08:17 »
Waiting to build mine until the titanium plate comes in!

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 17:30:25 »
There are no layouts for the DC60 on https://config.qmk.fm/#/alf/dc60/
(Even though Alf's own website says there are -- https://alfstudio.club/dc60firmware/)

I tried flashing mine with a DZ60 layout, thinking it was similar enough, and that turned the board into a paperweight.
Does anyone have the DC60 firmware?

Edit: I was able to build firmware using the .json on Alf's site. Would still be nice if it were uploaded to QMK Configuration.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 January 2019, 17:49:49 by Create_alt_delete »

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 05:13:18 »
There are no layouts for the DC60 on https://config.qmk.fm/#/alf/dc60/
(Even though Alf's own website says there are -- https://alfstudio.club/dc60firmware/)

I tried flashing mine with a DZ60 layout, thinking it was similar enough, and that turned the board into a paperweight.
Does anyone have the DC60 firmware?

Edit: I was able to build firmware using the .json on Alf's site. Would still be nice if it were uploaded to QMK Configuration.
On config.qmk.fm the pcb is called Alf_dc60,

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6013 via Tapatalk

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:17:34 »
Unfortunately the DC60 group buy has been a nightmare.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt and there were some legitimate unavoidable delays last year. But the list of delays with little to no explanation is very long.

I received an incorrect order on the 21st of November (cases reported as finished and in Alf's possession in September for reference). Louis did a great job creating a private group for people with incorrect orders (over 30) todo swaps and try to rectify the issues. The swaps covered approx 10 people of the 30. Shipping paid for by Alf :)

For me personally I could not resolve my issues with swaps. After a week of negotiations on the 6th of Dec I resubmitted my shipping details for the replacement cases that had either never been made or disappeared. I was happy with the resolution which was to accept 1 case not of the finish I ordered and a Bstock case (I ordered 2 cases originally) with a partial refund for the missing plate and the compromise of a bstock case.

Originally manufacture of replacements was said not to be an option which is why I accepted a Bstock case in the finish I wanted as a replacement.

So the cases promised to me were left overs and defective units, on hand from manufacturing months prior. It is now the 11th of January over 1 month since those cases were promised which have not been shipped. The reason for the delay was that Alf did not want to make more than one trip to ship cases and I would have to wait for the manufacture of other peoples cases before mine would be shipped.

It seems Alf has plenty of time to create new group buys and accept money. But not enough to make a trip to the post office to rectify his mistakes from months ago.

Some will say.

"gRoUp BuYs AlWaYs HaVe DeLaYs" frankly this is an apologists attitude and mistakes of the past are something to be learned from. Not used as justification.

*Edit.

I would also like to add that currently iLouis the gb runner (who has done his best) was the middle man for exchanging money. Currently all refunds and reimbursed extra shipping costs have been taken care of by him and not Alf.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:26:00 by Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4 »

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:59:58 »
Unfortunately the DC60 group buy has been a nightmare.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt and there were some legitimate unavoidable delays last year. But the list of delays with little to no explanation is very long.

I received an incorrect order on the 21st of November (cases reported as finished and in Alf's possession in September for reference). Louis did a great job creating a private group for people with incorrect orders (over 30) todo swaps and try to rectify the issues. The swaps covered approx 10 people of the 30. Shipping paid for by Alf :)

For me personally I could not resolve my issues with swaps. After a week of negotiations on the 6th of Dec I resubmitted my shipping details for the replacement cases that had either never been made or disappeared. I was happy with the resolution which was to accept 1 case not of the finish I ordered and a Bstock case (I ordered 2 cases originally) with a partial refund for the missing plate and the compromise of a bstock case.

Originally manufacture of replacements was said not to be an option which is why I accepted a Bstock case in the finish I wanted as a replacement.

So the cases promised to me were left overs and defective units, on hand from manufacturing months prior. It is now the 11th of January over 1 month since those cases were promised which have not been shipped. The reason for the delay was that Alf did not want to make more than one trip to ship cases and I would have to wait for the manufacture of other peoples cases before mine would be shipped.

It seems Alf has plenty of time to create new group buys and accept money. But not enough to make a trip to the post office to rectify his mistakes from months ago.

Some will say.

"gRoUp BuYs AlWaYs HaVe DeLaYs" frankly this is an apologists attitude and mistakes of the past are something to be learned from. Not used as justification.

*Edit.

I would also like to add that currently iLouis the gb runner (who has done his best) was the middle man for exchanging money. Currently all refunds and reimbursed extra shipping costs have been taken care of by him and not Alf.
Mine was shipped to the wrong address after I got a confirmation email from Louis that they had the correct. I was lucky enough to pick my board up after swinging by the incorrect address. I didn’t realize how badly some people’s orders were messed up.

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:34:43 »
Mine was shipped to the wrong address after I got a confirmation email from Louis that they had the correct. I was lucky enough to pick my board up after swinging by the incorrect address. I didn’t realize how badly some people’s orders were messed up.
Phew. Close call.

It's all been going on privately for months now. Barely anything in public.

Funny I just got tagged by Alf that my replacements have been shipped... spooky timing. But my post is still relevant.

Offline unausgeschlafen

« Reply #373 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 03:10:53 »
This is rly a long time. I totally feel everyone that did not get their order, yet. I  am still waiting for my case to arrive. 
My order was shipped out (in the first by already delayed batch) and had only the name on the address label was wrong.  I correctly got the request to pay customs by phone, so I did. Well the parcel service obviously could not find anyone living by the given name living at that address (he also is a customer but from another country) and shipped the case *back* to ALF.
ALF did personally promise to not let me wait for weeks. Well, now (one month later) I am trying to get a hold of him, again.

I originally wanted to get into the g60 group buy and used the dc60 as an in-between. however after how this went down..... I'm afraid that was my last gb from ALF. I paid in full, I paid customs, and still have no board, months after the promised delivery date. 

I just wanted to put my +1 out there. This is another messed up order.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #374 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 03:08:31 »
Louis is my hero. Dude's a stand-up guy who took care of me as if I were his kid. Although I was around a month or so late to the "where's my DC60?" party, Louis and I got everything resolved in 6 days (December 7 - 15) from start to finish. It saddens me he had to have his GB tainted by ALF's logistical nightmare and lack of communication.

TL;DR
Louis is a homie.
Will participate from another Louis GB.
Will not participate in any ALF-shipped GB.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 11:34:47 »
Louis is my hero. Dude's a stand-up guy who took care of me as if I were his kid. Although I was around a month or so late to the "where's my DC60?" party, Louis and I got everything resolved in 6 days (December 7 - 15) from start to finish. It saddens me he had to have his GB tainted by ALF's logistical nightmare and lack of communication.

TL;DR
Louis is a homie.
Will participate from another Louis GB.
Will not participate in any ALF-shipped GB.

To be fair, ALF is just a manufacturer, and Louis is paid to run this GB on behalf of ALF :) The major issue here, of course, was SF messed up the shipping addresses, and ALF lost a lot of money for this GB, of course, Louis' wasted a bunch of time as well. But making the boards takes time and ALF has addressed or is addressing the problematic shipping and cases (I did not follow the most recent updates).

That said, Louis has been, and is my good friend, but please understand the situation and don't discredit ALF like that.

I hope people can still take a positive side for this, $80 a case at the quality of DC60 will probably never happen again.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2019, 11:37:55 by oldcat »

Offline anon23

« Reply #376 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 15:09:14 »
The major issue here, of course, was SF messed up the shipping addresses
I wasn't part of this GB but if you allow me to be curious, I'd like to understand this part.
I mean, how can the transporter mess up the shipping addresses? Isn't someone responsible for packing in between manufacturer and transporter? Or was SF paid to pack and put the shipping addresses stickers on them as well? Or maybe I'm missing something?
-

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 15:10:20 »
I wasn't part of this GB but if you allow me to be curious, I'd like to understand this part.
I mean, how can the transporter mess up the shipping addresses? Isn't someone responsible for packing in between manufacturer and transporter? Or was SF paid to pack and put the shipping addresses stickers on them as well? Or maybe I'm missing something?

Yes SF comes to your home to pack in China, especially for this large number of orders.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 15:14:22 »
Not saying ALF is not to be partially blamed, just saying that the guy is not slacking off, but he is working his butt off to address the issues, and some are out of his control, so give him some time if you please.

And kudos to Louis for the amazing service.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #379 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 15:22:27 »
ALF GB's should not be trusted at all. If you want more proof, go look at the way the X1.1 GB was and still is, being run. A keyboard that was supposed to be delivered in 3 weeks is now not supposed to be to people until about the 7 month mark. The people that received theirs had boards that quite obviously had no QC done on them. The brass weights have terrible machining, swirl marks, spots from some liquid, dents and dings. On top of the fact that it's quite obvious he lied about shipping a huge portion of the boards. And now he's saying that the machining process is going to take until March-April to complete, even though he's showed videos of fixed plates already...The whole situation is ridiculous.

Offline anon23

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:47:35 »

Yes SF comes to your home to pack in China, especially for this large number of orders.

I didn't knew that was a thing! But I hope they learned something out of all this, hopefully.  And thanks for answering.
-

Offline Muiju

Re: [GB] ALF DC60 (100% shipped)
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 17:53:09 »
received my replacement - all thanks to Louis!
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 20:19:00 »
So many issues and problems to deal with and Louis just took it all in stride. Way to start something and finish it homie!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #383 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 20:43:17 »
Typing test with Gateron Cear 50g with milky top

Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline MC_kb

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 07:45:05 »
[disregard this comment, wrong topic]

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #385 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 07:24:22 »
Check your order: https://goo.gl/HXWieT

“Roses are red, Violets are blue, Everest is white, And so are you (DC60).”
Hello friends on GeekHack,
I am super excited to present our latest product: DC60 made by ALF Studio. This is the first production run of the DC60 on GH, and we are providing a large discount by pricing the products at marginal cost! Hope you will enjoy it.

Firstly, some photos of the actual sample products:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Specifications:

1. Made by 6 series aluminum.

2. Tray mount design, compatible with other GH60 PCBs.(same screw position)

3. The slope is 7 degrees.

4. It has reserved battery slot for Bluetooth PCB.(deepness is 4mm)

5. The weight is 1.2kg each case alone.

6. Each case will come with special designed box, top-quality screws, and rubber feet.

Colors:

We are providing 10 colors for your choices
Show Image

The index number from 1 to 4: Black, Grey(greenish), Blue, Red
                                   5 to 9: Pink, Light Blue, Purple, Orange and Silver
For all the Prototye Photos: https://imgur.com/a/YN1AVp7

Additional options:
ALF DC60 PCB: it will be matte black color with gold logo and mini USB connector. QMK Firmware(programmable).
Show Image

Plate: CNC Aluminium (9 colors from index 1 to index 9)
This PCB can support most of layouts, for example, the following three popular layouts are supported:
1. Lshift is 2u size and Rshift is 1u size
2. Lshift is 2.25u size and Rshift is 1.75u size
3. Standard ANSI 60%
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Group Buy Time Window:
14th/July/2018 to 28th/July/2018

Prices:
Case: 80USD for regular colors, 120USD for the Everest White
Plate 18USD
PCB  35USD

Shipping
After Group Buy ends, it needs 4-5 weeks to finish all the production.(around end of Aug can ship out)
For the shipping courier, it will be SF express.(worldwide 3-6 days), roughly, the cost estimates for each DC60 set are below.
To USA, $30
To Canada, $55
To UK, $38
To AU, $47
To South Korea, $17
For more countries, please check: http://www.sf-express.com/sg/en/dynamic_function/price/

Set original place as : China-Anhui-Xiuzhou-DangShan
Set destination is your country name and key in weight as 2kg. Check the parcel price (not document).
Also, please note that all the prices are not including a 5% fee, including PayPal, currency exchange fees, etc.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 02:01:13 »
Anybody with a Grey (greenish) interested in trading for a Black color?

PM me on here or Reddit (same username) or Discord: silk22#0321

;D

Offline KevinSanToast

« Reply #387 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 11:26:28 »
What process is behind the Everest White coating? Is it electrophoresis coating?