Author Topic: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments  (Read 161382 times)

Offline JoeriW

Re: [GB] Lumina - Corian 60% (UPDATE 8/27/18) GB Extended One Week!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 10:28:14 »

How are the sales in Europe looking, any indication how much extra shipping/import costs will be added yet?

What I know from the GB owner(s), they are going to ship keebs to UK. Then they will ship to buyers.
I have not found any information about shipping costs, it was always free.

In a previous comment he said that the shipping costs to the EU proxy will be divided under the EU buyers. So when they get the final numbers and a shipping quote we will get an invoice I assume?

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 14:33:01 »
How are the sales in Europe looking, any indication how much extra shipping/import costs will be added yet?

We are currently working on some bulk pricing numbers, but nothing has been posted. We should have a good idea on how it will work very soon, and we will post those numbers!

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 19:15:27 »
This board is so gorgeous and I love acrylic especially the sound, but I am having SUCH a hard time picking colors lol.

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 09:13:05 »
Hi,I would order the Cameo White one.

But how much the shipping fee to Shanghai?

Can you tell me now? It's important to me

Offline Stagione

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 16:32:13 »
This board is so gorgeous and I love acrylic especially the sound, but I am having SUCH a hard time picking colors lol.

How does acrylic sound and feel? Never used an acrylic plate before

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 19:33:35 »

How does acrylic sound and feel? Never used an acrylic plate before

Its really the acrylic case that makes the nice sound. Instead of reverberating harshly through metal, the sound of the key switches dissipates in a quiet bassy way.
An acrylic plate is quieter than metal and a little more high pitched.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 13:05:29 »
Hi,I would order the Cameo White one.

But how much the shipping fee to Shanghai?

Can you tell me now? It's important to me

Hey! If you private message us with your address/zip, we can get you a quote on shipping to Shanghai!

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 16:35:58 »

I would recommend Cameo white for sure, as it is the cleanest choice you could go with.

Offline distracteddev

Re: [GB] Lumina - Corian 60% GB CLOSING SEPT 3 @ 11:59 PM eastern!
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 19:52:51 »
Any more info you can provide on the PCB? Can't seem to find any info on the Googles

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 19:56:39 »
Any more info you can provide on the PCB? Can't seem to find any info on the Googles

There is not any info on google since it is a new pcb that is launching aside the Lumina GB.

Just a quick rundown:

Type C
Alps Support
RGB Underglow
In Switch Leds(south facing)
Runs QMK
Supports the layouts seen in the product images here: https://www.luminakb.com/product-page/waldo-pcb
Costs $40 in the GB

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 20:08:50 »
Thanks for the reply Greenwald! Definitely in on this since I think its the only way I can get close to that glorious thock of my original HHKB while staying away from the feel of cheap/light plastic.

Do you know if the typing sound video in the OP was with the acrylic or brass plate? Love the look of the brass plate but if it re-introduces too much metal reverb then I may want to stay away.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 20:12:47 »
Thanks for the reply Greenwald! Definitely in on this since I think its the only way I can get close to that glorious thock of my original HHKB while staying away from the feel of cheap/light plastic.

Do you know if the typing sound video in the OP was with the acrylic or brass plate? Love the look of the brass plate but if it re-introduces too much metal reverb then I may want to stay away.

Of course!

As for the video, all the tests were done with the brass plate. The sound it produces will not produce any reverb. The main difference between the acrylic plate and the brass plate is that the acrylic plate will be quieter, but both will provide a nice thock for you, especially if you use SA caps on the board.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 20:41:56 »
Been dying to try SA but pretty hard to find them available. Thinking of just buying some of the SP Lime set they put on sale recently.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 20:43:33 »
Been dying to try SA but pretty hard to find them available. Thinking of just buying some of the SP Lime set they put on sale recently.

If you want to try it out for cheap, r/mechmarket will often have people selling Maxkeys sets for not much at all. Definitely look out, I am sure you can find a set.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 21:39:56 »
Hopefully this is my last question! After reading the IC thread I could not determine if the HHKB top option uses a 6u or 7u spacebar?

Also, I assume if we choose the HHKB top, we would not be able to make use of the split spacebar?

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 23:28:06 »
Hopefully this is my last question! After reading the IC thread I could not determine if the HHKB top option uses a 6u or 7u spacebar?

Also, I assume if we choose the HHKB top, we would not be able to make use of the split spacebar?

The HHKB top uses 7u spacebar, and yeah you would not really be able to make use of the split spacebar, unless you get creative with the layout you choose for the bottom row.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 00:58:02 »

I would recommend Cameo white for sure, as it is the cleanest choice you could go with.

I did end up going with cameo white and the black acrylic plate, which is going to look amazing with GMK monochrome ;)

Also got a brass plate just in case, not sure which one I'm gonna like more

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 00:59:42 »

kbdfans and 1up both have cheap SA sets, full set plus some novelties for 100$.

I also was able to fill a 60% with two grab bag sets from r/mm, and its my fav tbh. People sell grab bags for 30-70$ usually

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 01:20:30 »

I did end up going with cameo white and the black acrylic plate, which is going to look amazing with GMK monochrome ;)

That is gonna be a SWEET combination! Good choice! And yeah getting multiple plates is always a good idea as well :)

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 02:06:25 »
Should I put my vintage black on brass or acrylic? I wonder if anyone has input

Offline oumakavoula

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 05:22:20 »
seems so good and tempting but can't get around using a 60%, hoping to see more use of this material in the future  :thumb:

Offline Starius

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 07:50:24 »

I'm going with a pretty similar theme as you are.
I'll have Cameo White with Black Aluminum Plate and Base.
This is the keyset I'm going to put on it: https://kbdfans.cn/products/maxkey-black-doubleshot-abs-sa-keycaps

I thought about getting GMK Monochrome for this as well, but I've been spending too much money on keyboard stuff lately and just can't responsibly let myself to pull the trigger on that set right now. 

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 08:45:48 »

This is the keyset I'm going to put on it: https://kbdfans.cn/products/maxkey-black-doubleshot-abs-sa-keycaps

I thought about getting GMK Monochrome for this as well, but I've been spending too much money on keyboard stuff lately and just can't responsibly let myself to pull the trigger on that set right now.

I have that set as well ;) Criminally cheap for a nice full WoB set with some novelties included. Of course I much prefer the feel of my SP SA caps

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 09:59:13 »

I have that set as well ;) Criminally cheap for a nice full WoB set with some novelties included. Of course I much prefer the feel of my SP SA caps

GMk Monocrhome is a pretty nice set for sure. Goes well with mixing Lumina piece colors.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 11:37:38 »
Some more shots with GMK Muted. Just under 12 hours until the GB Closes!202896-0

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 18:18:53 »
seems so good and tempting but can't get around using a 60%, hoping to see more use of this material in the future  :thumb:

Definitely plan to do other layouts with the material!

Offline bard

an update?  :thumb:

Offline Starius

I was wondering if there are any updates on this project as well.
Things still progressing smoothly?

Offline JoeriW

An update would be nice indeed.

Offline Arithmetics

i too would love an update :)

Offline Rubbermilitia

Might as well chime in, I would also love an update. Telestron hasn't posted anything in discord for about a month. Not that I'm worried, he's a cool dude. But I invested more into this board than I ever have before and I'm super excited ;)

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

Hello all! Sorry for the lack of communication lately, have been busy, and not much on various platforms.

I am happy to say that materials for the cases have arrived at the manufacturer, and machining has begun. Additionally, the Waldo PCBs are almost done production, and will be coming to me in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Will provide pictures of the PCBs and boards soon as I finish the first batch of colors!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Offline Rubbermilitia

Hello all! Sorry for the lack of communication lately, have been busy, and not much on various platforms.

I am happy to say that materials for the cases have arrived at the manufacturer, and machining has begun. Additionally, the Waldo PCBs are almost done production, and will be coming to me in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Will provide pictures of the PCBs and boards soon as I finish the first batch of colors!

Nice! Do you have any ballpark estimate for ship date? Will it be before 2019?

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

All boards should be delivered before the end of 2019. Ideally would be towards the beginning of December, End of November that things are completely wrapped up.

Offline Rubbermilitia

All boards should be delivered before the end of 2019. Ideally would be towards the beginning of December, End of November that things are completely wrapped up.

You mean towards the end of 2018? If not, that's a much longer wait than I was expecting lol

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

You mean towards the end of 2018? If not, that's a much longer wait than I was expecting lol

Oh my apologies, I do in fact mean 2018

Offline Shell058

• sheep sheep sheep
Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Material Arrived, Machining and PCBs Production Started
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 03:36:24 »
Awesome to hear that things are going well! I sent an email about a change of address for my order but haven't heard back, is there a better way to contact for that? Can't wait for this board!

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 08:26:34 »
Awesome to hear that things are going well! I sent an email about a change of address for my order but haven't heard back, is there a better way to contact for that? Can't wait for this board!

Thank you! I will check for your email, I may have missed it.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 22:44:54 »
I regret the plate and bottom material I ordered. Will there be extras?

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 22:54:34 »

IKR why did they have to give us so many options lol. Spent literally like 4 days looking at the gb page trying to decide.

Offline 0hok

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 21:29:00 »
Hi I know the boards are more or less in the machining phase, but I’m wondering if there’s any confirmation if hotswap PCBs work okay? My understanding is there was no confirmation either way and was hoping to clarify. Thanks!

Offline Holicalis

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 21:56:52 »

IKR why did they have to give us so many options lol. Spent literally like 4 days looking at the gb page trying to decide.

Yeah me too lol. I will literally just buy another board if there are extras

Offline Regret

• I regret nothing
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 01:44:10 »
Hi I know the boards are more or less in the machining phase, but I’m wondering if there’s any confirmation if hotswap PCBs work okay? My understanding is there was no confirmation either way and was hoping to clarify. Thanks!

I asked this question before and from what I remember, it's not officially supported since this is a sandwich mount and as a result there won't be any mounting points to keep the pcb in place except for the tension of hot swap sockets. If that is ok with you there is no reason you can't use hotswap as long as usb port location matches. Again this is what I remember, but I may be wrong.
No.2 Rev.1 | Gat Black Inks | OG Dyesubs \\ No.1/65 Silver & Brass | Retooled Cherry Blacks | GMK Coniferous \\ Ai03 Lunar | SKCM Blues | AEK \\ Aeryx Aegis 1800 | C3 Tangerines | GMK WoB

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 13:10:09 »
hello. Know im being that annoying person but it's november. any further update? :)

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 17:48:06 »
hello. Know im being that annoying person but it's november. any further update? :)

Hi! We will be posting some updates soon, but basically, the boards are being manufactured at the moment. We are doing them in batches, with the first being the Cameo white. Pcbs are also almost done being manufactured and will be arriving soon. Same goes for plates.

Pictures will be coming soon.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 19:08:03 »
I honestly cannot say how much I regret not going in on this group buy, I hope there will be another round next year, I would love to get one!

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 14:36:18 »
Is there any possibility of a 65% in the future?

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 14:38:56 »

This was answered. I understand it can be hard to find answers on some of these GB threads where a single answer might be buried 30 pages back. But this GB only has two pages.

This is incredibly beautiful and elegant. Any plans to make a 65% version?
Thank you!
We do plan to do a 65% but that will not be some time til mid of next year, well after this one finishes.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 16:21:19 »

This was answered. I understand it can be hard to find answers on some of these GB threads where a single answer might be buried 30 pages back. But this GB only has two pages.

This is incredibly beautiful and elegant. Any plans to make a 65% version?
Thank you!
We do plan to do a 65% but that will not be some time til mid of next year, well after this one finishes.

I'm sorry, I meant to look but forgot since I'm at work. Glad to hear there are plans! I think I'll hold off until then,  that way I can make sure I've got the money! Hopefully we'll see the same level of freedom of choice as with this GB, as it's incredibly refreshing.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 11:51:37 »
I'm so hype for this to hit my doorstep :)