Author Topic: Weekly notification behavior  (Read 7552 times)

Offline nick779

Weekly notification behavior
« on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 10:09:15 »
Ive been trying to get weekly notifications(Threads, IC/GB Boards) to work for a few weeks now, but I cant seem to make them trigger. If I set them to Daily, it works fine.

Perhaps im being impatient, but is there something I am missing to get this to work correctly?

Offline nick779

Re: Weekly notification behavior
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 06:43:59 »
Anyone? It's been 10 days with the weekly notifications set and I've received no emails.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 21:11:28 »
Hmm -- took a quick look through error logs and don't see anything obvious that the notification service is failing. My first instinct is that the email is getting lost, but not sure why daily notifications would work in that case...

I believe the weekly emails should be coming out on Wednesdays your time, so keep an eye out. I'll see if someone more familiar with the email system has any ideas.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline nick779

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 12:53:53 »
I definitely appreciate you looking into it and the information on when the emails come out.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 14:37:42 »
It would be interesting to try changing your email to a non-gmail account, if you have one -- just to see if that fixes it. There are some weird intermittent issues with gmail accounts that we've never really been able to find out the source of. Never seen it manifest in this way before, but would be an interesting data point.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)