geekhack Marketplace > The Athenaeum

Nominate-A-Bro: Final Edition

<< < (19/20) > >>

vonswoopington:
I'd like to nominate Jayveur for always taking the time to help me with questions about artisans and in  helping me obtain my personal grail caps. He's always very helpful and has a great network of friends to reach out to.  A+++ seller would do business again.

foo4542:
To the person who is reading this post,

You have positively impacted the community one way or another, I'm sure, and you might not even know it. Just keep up the spirit! Even the smallest act might have a huge impact on others.
When I first started, I got tremendous help from multiple people with my stupid and innocent inquiries, which meant a lot. When I need to buy some small parts, like several LEDs, a stab, or a few switches, there's always some locals ready help out even though they couldn't profit from selling those apparently (yo ty aeryxz and phatty) When I really wanted some particular artisans, there were people who showed their incredible generosity (tyty JohnWest, looking forward to them fine reddevil). Looong ago there was a guy who remembered that I really wanted a Soyuz Kosmonavt and offered a trade with me; or foxmancore who is incredibly chill to trade with. There are more people like that but I can't remember atm. Those are the people who make me want to pay it forward to others.
I also like some tiny details that people put into, like including some sweets or small notes with the shipment :)

If you are new, you sure will have a chance to make an impact.

If you have done something mean before, never too late to make up for that, good acts will eventually pay off. I myself had done things that I'm not proud of and too embarrassed to mention here, which I'm constantly trying to make up for. To the people whom I had been mean to, I'm sorry :(

either way, I nominate YOU.

BunnyLake:
I'd like to start by saying, in the interest of fairness and my involvement with Bro Caps, i don't want my post to be taken into account directly in the decision making of the giveaway, and as such I also won't be directly following the rules by only posting one name, instead using my post to lend support to other people mentioned already in this thread, and shining a little light on some notable users who haven't.

I started this post by making a list of some names, which are by no means everyone i feel is deserving because the entry window isn't long enough for me to be able to do that, but I then randomised them before writing each piece so they are in no particular order.

uLeet - Yuurrrrrrrr.  I haven't known uli long, but it's hard for me to express what an impact he has had on me since I have known him. He instantly feels like a friend I have had my entire life, and I aspire to be more like him as a man and a father.  He is a dude who wants everyones tide to rise together, share everything he has, and leave a positive mark on everyone around him. Yeeet

Fracno - A man i have taken to dinner with my kids, a genuine friend and a man i wish i could be more like (even though he is always wrong) Anyone would be better for having him in their life.

Jay + Jaim - two of the illest boys on the planet, who have in a short period of time both left their mark on a hobby that is new to them and feel like they have been around forever. Both go incredibly hard whilst always looking out for others, boys that get **** done.  They are thoughtful in ways many would not think to be, and its been an honour to get to know them.  They each deserve their own section, and whilst being distinctly individual people, each share identical positive traits and epitomise what it is to be a bro. 

3tonjack - I have had the privilege of getting to know 3tonjack more and more recently, and is one of the most selfless people in the community.  He recently helped me acquire my kids dream birthday present when I couldn't do it myself, and even in that act of kindness, got an additional one of the same item for my youngest. He is someone who doesn't just want to help people, but always goes the extra mile.  He thinks incredibly objectively and is level headed and grounded in ways I could only hope to be.

BadChad - My Lego brother. Humble, giving, respectful, grounded and talented.  I have never come across anyone who could have anything negative to say about Chad, He’s ambitious and someone who his truly passionate about this hobby and his craft, its infectious and spills over into everything he does and everyone around him.  I look up to him in so many ways.

Ronin - The dude carries a weeny horn and can still kick your ass.  One of the funniest most self aware people I have ever encountered, the most lovable **** around, an incredible artist and friend.

Viking - The opposite of a fairweather friend, viking is someone who looks out no matter what, someone who looks out for the people he cares about and will seize any opportunity to help.  He religiously also maintains and improves the Bro catalogue, and has been a constant supporter of Bro and his work. 

Rmendis - The archive, rmendis is a wealth of knowledge, always willing to share with anyone he encounters, and has one of the most genuine love and appreciation for this hobby around.  You can hardly read a thread without reference of him and the advice or help he has given people.  Few people appreciate caps and the work of artists as much as him.

Yuppie - Killing the bot game, and was one of the main reasons I got to go and meet so many people on this list in New York this summer, offering me a place to stay, and looking out for me at all times whilst there. A super fascinating dude and it was an honour to meet you.

Pqstarlord - The dankest of Uk bros and a person i lived much closer to. Dedicating huge time to help on bro projects, and always there anytime I need an ear or advice. A dude thats gonna conquer the world.

Mousy - The Mono beast, one of the most fascinating, strong and respectful people I have ever encountered.  He needs a little dash of orange in his life.  A constant joy to hear from and learn from, a guy that does everything at 110%.

Kudos - Me and kudos weren't always friends, but even before we were, without fail, if i had something bad happen in my life he was first to reach out, he was and is a bigger man than me, and in getting to know him more and spending time with him in person, he is going to be a fantastic father.  Im grateful for him and all he does.

Sherwin - This goes without saying, a man who may not appear the most actively publicly, but who behind the scenes helps and touches every person he interacts with, a role model of how to behave in almost every situation, and the most selfless human i know. I could go on forever but if you know him, you already know everything i have to say, as does he.

Shuang - One of the best collections in the game, has always dealt with me with kindness and respect and will go out of his way to help anyone with anything.

Jaxxtastic - Whilst I haven't had much time to speak with jaxx at length about anything outside of this hobby, his character shows through his actions. Willing to go to any lengths to find what he wants, or what you want, or to help people in any way that its needed.

Txclack - This is a hard one to write because i can't in my head pinpoint what it is about txclack that stands out to me, he's someone I feel at constant ease with, that is always interesting to be around and can adapt to any situation he is in. level headed, grounded and experienced.

Rbb - A captivating enigma of a man, but always looking out for friends.  Incredibly respectful and carries himself with dignity.

Spamray - I sadly havent spoken to ray much over the last few years, but when I think of a person to me that personifies GH, that is spamray.  I could relay so many stories I have about him, and the respect I have for him and his family, but ultimately what i have to say is I miss you.

Riot - One of the first people I ever met in person from this hobby, ive met your wife and family and you represent them better than any person ever could.  A constant source of inspiration and one of the smartest people I have ever met. 

Thegreaticedrake - Someone I don't know well, but if i could think of anyone deserving from the community of nominate a bro, its TGID. I can't imagine the number of people who could share a story about this dude. An unsung hero and a real ambassador. 

All the time i have sadly right now but if i get time later i will be adding more

I would like to thank Michael for doing this thread, i wont sit here and list everything you have done for me and others I know without recognition, but know that I love you, and you are my best friend. Thank you!

Rob27shred:
Hmm, while I am not super active or well known on here I do have someone I would like to nominate.
I nominate Zearoh
Because he was the person who really got me into artisans by selling me my first Fugu (under retail price) & threw in a free Nutria cause he knew I was just getting started collecting artisans. I haven't kept in close contact with him since then, but I have still not forgotten his act of kindness & this would be the perfect way to pay him back if he wins! GL to all the nominees!

AlcoholEnthusiast:
I'm going to nominate BHK. Most of my interaction with him is through graystudio discord, and he has been super helpful to people in the Space65 group buy. Potter has had an incredibly hard time giving updates/communicating with people in the group buy. Every single time I go to the space65 channel there is another person with a problem with their order that can't seem to reach potter - and every single time BHK reaches out to potter to help fix the issue. He has no official part in the groupbuy, and yet he still continues to help people out on a daily basis. Good guy in my book :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version