geekhack Community > Input Devices

Opinions on Razer?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Scragg:
I have a 2020 15 inch model of their razer blade series. Its ok, just about the same as any other laptop of a similar form factor. Nothing really great or bad about it. other than having to replace the cooling fans already.

I use the wireless version of the Razer Deathadder just due to the Model D wireless not being a thing yet. (I recently switched to an under desk drawer for my keyboard/mouse for ergonomic reasons) no specific complaints or praise, to me its just a mouse and I can do the same things to any mouse even a mouse with no software for it with some autohotkey scripts.

kahlilnc:

--- Quote from: Scragg on Wed, 08 December 2021, 14:53:15 ---I have a 2020 15 inch model of their razer blade series. Its ok, just about the same as any other laptop of a similar form factor. Nothing really great or bad about it. other than having to replace the cooling fans already.

I use the wireless version of the Razer Deathadder just due to the Model D wireless not being a thing yet. (I recently switched to an under desk drawer for my keyboard/mouse for ergonomic reasons) no specific complaints or praise, to me its just a mouse and I can do the same things to any mouse even a mouse with no software for it with some autohotkey scripts.

--- End quote ---
Every gaming laptop I've owned has had horrid cooling. You mentioned you had to replace the fans, was it bad stock?

Leslieann:
The laptops have been plagued with reliability issues.
The first ones had a fuse or something blow all the time because it barely (if that) was within spec, Louis Rossman covered this one and was shocked how it was built.
LinusTechTips staff had several later models (pre 2020 ?), all failed over time and were entirely phased out as they died despite the staff loving them. I believe they refused to go back due to the experience.

teddo:
Invest in their mice not keyboards

Hyperdimension:
The only Razer product I would buy (and re-buy) is the Razer Viper Mini. Great mouse at a fantastic price. Maybe the Bungee but I think you could literally pick any bungee and be fine. Would never consider their other products beside mice, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version