Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Real -- On Hold - Message to Community  (Read 16700 times)

Offline vishydesigns

[IC] ePBT Real -- On Hold - Message to Community
« on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 15:17:58 »
ePBT Real

IC Form

Huge Update
- Removed Alt Mods
- Added Light/Dark Alphas
- Added 40s Modifier Kit
- New Renders
- Revised Base Kit Colors, Added New Color for Alt Alphas(Light)

Group Buy Update
KBDfans and ePBT have decided to hold all sets without a set GB date until they can begin to fulfill the backlog of ePBT Sets in production. As a result of this, I will not be able to run ePBT Real in late February as I had planned. Instead GB date will be moved to Q3 2022, but hopefully with much shorter lead times! Thank you all for your support. I will continue to make updates on this set so I can improve it more and more leading up to Group Buy. Thank you all so much!

As someone that has struggled with my own mental health, especially in the last few years being apart, I know that music can play a big part in helping you find the light at the end of the tunnel. One artist that I was able to connect to was NF. He has inspired me and made me a better person, the inspiration for this set. So here is ePBT Real, enjoy!
ePBT Dye Sub Cherry Profile Caps

Please consider filling out the Interest Check Form, It doesn't take long and it is very helpful to me and to you to get your ideas across to me! Big thank you to everyone that fills it out!

Discord Server Link

Colors
RAL 9005 - Mod Cap/Alpha Legend/Alt Alpha(Dark) Cap/Accent Legend/Alt Alpha(Light) Legend
RAL 7037 - Alpha Cap/Mod Legend/Alt Alpha(Dark) Legend
RAL 8008 - Accent Cap
Pantone 2707U - Alt Alpha(Light) Cap

Group Buy Date -- TBD

Please fill out IC Form

Keep in mind that computer made renders may not be 100% color accurate. I have done my best to match the colors to physical samples.

Kit Renders

Board Renders -- Work in Progress

Nemui by Bachoo

Ikki68 Aurora by Wuque Studio

8XM2 by KBDfans

Saka 68 by CMM Studio

D60Lite by KBDfans

Portico by TKC

V4N by Trashman

Fuji 65 by CMM Studio

Fuji 65 by CMM Studio

Tilted40 by Lord Swishy

Please fill out IC Form

Special Thanks
First off, I'd like to thank Summerqm for doing these amazing novelty designs that complete this set! I'd also like to thank all the people that helped with this set, Cylent, Banned, NoPun, Imperfect, SpikedSynapse, Nicky, KeebAad, hzsh, Hark, eg0, and many more!

More Details Coming Soon!

Vendors - TBD

US: Dangkeebs
CA: AlphaKeys
UK: Protozoa Studio
EU: CandyKeys
CN/Int: KBDfans
SEA: iLumkb
ME/IN: StacksKB
OCE: DailyClack

Updates
10/19 - GB Posted
10/31 - Vendors Announced
11/26 - ME/IN Vendor Added

Collabs -- TBD

Feel free to contact me about collabs/vendors for the set! @vishnueric@gmail.com or dm me on discord @itsvishnu#6718

Thank You! Please let me know your feedback by putting a message below or filling out the interest check form! Your help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 February 2022, 15:17:28 by vishydesigns »

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 15:22:46 »
Updates
10/22 - New Discord server added
10/25 - Kitting Renders Updated, Minor Kitting Changes
            -R3 1.75u Ctrl now icon
            -Colors adjusted in alt mods
            - Added Alpha F5-8 to base
10/31 - Vendors Announced!
11/26 - ME/IN Vendor - StacksKB Added
12/4 - Huge Update!
            -Revised Base Kit Design
            -Added New Alt Mods Kits and Color
            -Removed Alt Mods
            -New Renders -- More coming soon!
Message to the Community
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 February 2022, 15:20:25 by vishydesigns »

Offline Sebboc

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 15:28:57 »
Awesome! I can see the inspiration from NF clearly and I can't wait to watch this going forward.

However, the kit renders seem a bit muddy, like the lighting is almost grey. Might just be me, but I thought I'd say something.

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 15:50:49 »
I like the colors of the base,the kitting renders look like they have bad lighting

Also you should change the settings on the IC form because you can't answer it without permission.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 15:55:16 »
i don't like the base kit naming

or the fact that it has alpha f13 despite being full mod f row
is the kitting channel helping you at all

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 16:56:57 »
I like the colors of the base,the kitting renders look like they have bad lighting

Also you should change the settings on the IC form because you can't answer it without permission.
fixed ic form, thanks for letting me know!

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 17:15:25 »

is the kitting channel helping you at all
All kits are named after albums by nf, with the exception of the novelties!

Offline atl22033

• Signature art by Shima
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 20:15:03 »
So I just want to say, I would highly recommend focusing on your original set instead of rushing a set to IC. I believe that this set should be on hold because there are many glaring flaws such as the alt mods not really fitting and also the accent colors not really fitting well. but once again I would highly recommend focusing on your original set

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 21:03:36 »
So I just want to say, I would highly recommend focusing on your original set instead of rushing a set to IC. I believe that this set should be on hold because there are many glaring flaws such as the alt mods not really fitting and also the accent colors not really fitting well. but once again I would highly recommend focusing on your original set
I understand your concern with me working on two sets, but I dont see it as a problem at all, I spend a lot of time on both, the alt mods are specifically done to tie the theme together, and I havent heard anything about accent color not fitting. So, respectfully, Im not sure what you mean by glaring flaws, if you could elaborate further that would be great! Thank you for giving you feedback! It's greatly appreciated!

Offline bansheetango

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 15:40:03 »
What @atl22033 said. The brownish-orange on the primary accents doesn't look great, and the hard-to-read grey legend makes it worse. Alt mods and novelties are also very meh. :'(

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 18:30:34 »
Damn this REAL wavy af B, deadass fax B, on my timbs trust me B

Offline NintendoNoNo

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 20:21:22 »
Personally I am not a huge fan of the accents. Grey on brown(?) doesn't look appealing, but as always looks are subjective. Good luck on the IC regardless!

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 20:43:43 »
Personally I am not a huge fan of the accents. Grey on brown(?) doesn't look appealing, but as always looks are subjective. Good luck on the IC regardless!
Hey thanks for the response! I may look into possibly changing the accent legend color. Feel free to give any ideas you may have in my ic form! Or on here

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 10:07:05 »
first board in the renders section is the Nemui by Bachoo, not the Saka

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 14:29:18 »
first board in the renders section is the Nemui by Bachoo, not the Saka
Hey thanks for pointing that out! Not sure how I mixed that up. It has been fixed!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- Discord Server!
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 15:19:45 »
+new discord server for ePBT Real and ePBT Acadia

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- Minor Kitting Update and New Kitting Renders
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 15:44:02 »
Kit changes and New Kit renders!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- Vendors Announced!
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 15:57:47 »
+vendors announced

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 12:54:59 »
tragic

Offline rookb

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:26:38 »
you're not even trying dude, you have images copy pasted onto the renders for the novelties

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:36:40 »
Good catch, roo. Being too lazy to make renders of your own product is a massive red flag. Consider me uninterested in not only this keyset, but all your future projects. :^)

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:54:07 »
you're not even trying dude, you have images copy pasted onto the renders for the novelties
Hey! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, the novelties are not copy and pasted, but I may have made a mistake in the process with the background with the design, I will work to get this fixed :thumb:

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:55:12 »

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:56:53 »
Good catch, roo. Being too lazy to make renders of your own product is a massive red flag. Consider me uninterested in not only this keyset, but all your future projects. :^)

Show Image

Hey, I understand your frustration, thank you for taking your time to share your feelings. While these are not copy and pasted, I do understand how it could look like my mistake was low effort. I am working to fix it.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:57:53 »
Nice set! Good luck with the IC. And if you ever get down, just remember you’ve got the community here to chat to. You can do it! Good luck on your mental health journey  :thumb:

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 15:12:14 »
awwww man you almost got the f row right

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 15:16:24 »
awwww man you almost got the f row right
full mod F row is based though

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 00:26:08 »

Personally I am not a huge fan of the accents. Grey on brown(?) doesn't look appealing
The brownish-orange on the primary accents doesn't look great, and the hard-to-read grey legend makes it worse. Alt mods and novelties are also very meh. :'(
I believe that this set should be on hold because there are many glaring flaws such as the alt mods not really fitting and also the accent colors not really fitting well.
^
I definitely think you should rework this set.

Two grey and brown(ish) sets I can think of off the top of my head are GMK Boulder and KAT Iron. IMO Boulder works because it uses all desaturated colours to fit the rock and earth theme, and the pale brown fits well with both the cream and grey in isolation. Iron works because the rust colour is more appealing than brown, and even though I personally don’t think it fits aesthetically with the grey, it makes 100% sense based on the theme. I don’t think the brown has such justification here.

If you’re struggling to fit an accent colour, I don’t think you should commit to having alt mods at all, especially without a separate alphas kit. It needs to fit 150% for people to buy it despite the added price.

As for the novelties, it’s hit-and-miss to me. The balloon and clouds go well together as a theme, but it makes everything else seem out of place. The horizontally squeezed numpad enter balloon is also a big no, and the fact that the white-on-black REAL is not aligned the same way as the brown version makes it seem lazy.

My suggestion would be to ditch the alt mods, make the novelties have a more coherent theme (I understand you have inspiration you’re going off, but visually it doesn’t appear to be a single theme), and if you can’t decide on an accent colour, consider ditching it altogether maybe? Having a couple white-on-black or even black-on-grey novelties included in the base kit to use as accents might work instead. I would add at least one 1u novelty in the base kit for Esc instead of an accent colour, and make more balloon and clouds novelties, with the alternate novelties colour being either black-on-grey, grey-on-white or black-on-white, and have a monochrome theme as that’s the most appealing part of this set so far. Just suggestions.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 09:12:37 »
Nice kitting overall.

I think the F-row setup with alpha-colored F5–F8 and F13 is going to look weird. I suggest either dropping alpha-colored F keys altogether, or changing them to the standard color layout (F1–F4 alpha, F5–F8 mod, F9–F12 alpha, F13 mod).

A useful extra key to have in base would be a R4 1u key with a generic legend, e.g. Code. This key would help cover several oddball layouts, from 60% up to 1800/CP, and even some 40s.

Speaking of 40s, consider adding a 40s kit. You can look at sets like EPBT Grand Tour, EPBT Be The One, EPBT 6085, EPBT Skadi as a reference for this kit, as well as other kits.

Consider adding a R1 1u = key to the numpad kit.

You can remove the second copy of 1u space from the spacebars kit (it's only used by 40s, and the 40s kit should contain its own spacekeys). In its place, consider adding the other variant of 6u space, such that the spacebars kit contains both centered and off-centered stem variants.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2021, 11:31:29 by konstantin »

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 11:10:59 »

Personally I am not a huge fan of the accents. Grey on brown(?) doesn't look appealing
The brownish-orange on the primary accents doesn't look great, and the hard-to-read grey legend makes it worse. Alt mods and novelties are also very meh. :'(
I believe that this set should be on hold because there are many glaring flaws such as the alt mods not really fitting and also the accent colors not really fitting well.
^
I definitely think you should rework this set.

Two grey and brown(ish) sets I can think of off the top of my head are GMK Boulder and KAT Iron. IMO Boulder works because it uses all desaturated colours to fit the rock and earth theme, and the pale brown fits well with both the cream and grey in isolation. Iron works because the rust colour is more appealing than brown, and even though I personally don’t think it fits aesthetically with the grey, it makes 100% sense based on the theme. I don’t think the brown has such justification here.

If you’re struggling to fit an accent colour, I don’t think you should commit to having alt mods at all, especially without a separate alphas kit. It needs to fit 150% for people to buy it despite the added price.

As for the novelties, it’s hit-and-miss to me. The balloon and clouds go well together as a theme, but it makes everything else seem out of place. The horizontally squeezed numpad enter balloon is also a big no, and the fact that the white-on-black REAL is not aligned the same way as the brown version makes it seem lazy.

My suggestion would be to ditch the alt mods, make the novelties have a more coherent theme (I understand you have inspiration you’re going off, but visually it doesn’t appear to be a single theme), and if you can’t decide on an accent colour, consider ditching it altogether maybe? Having a couple white-on-black or even black-on-grey novelties included in the base kit to use as accents might work instead. I would add at least one 1u novelty in the base kit for Esc instead of an accent colour, and make more balloon and clouds novelties, with the alternate novelties colour being either black-on-grey, grey-on-white or black-on-white, and have a monochrome theme as that’s the most appealing part of this set so far. Just suggestions.
Hey thanks for the feedback. Are you familiar with NF? The inspiration for this set. The alt mods are currently being reworked. However, the novelties and overall kit design I am very happy with. The enter novelty is being fixed at the moment.

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- Vendors Announced! Fixed Novelty Render
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 20:50:55 »
Novelty render has been fixed so it does not look like it has been copy and pasted

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- 40s Kit Poll - GB Dates Soon
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 21:05:39 »
40s poll announcement! Feel free to share your thoughts

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- Middle East/India Vendor Added - Big Update Soon!
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 10:54:28 »
ME/IN Vendor Added! StacksKB

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- Group Buy Update - Good News and Bad News
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 19:30:31 »
Hey all, I have added an update about the next steps with this set, please consider taking the time to read the paragraph at the top of my page for more information.  :thumb:

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- HUGE Update! Colors Revised, New Kits, and More!
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 14:17:28 »
check out this HUGE new update! Semi rework

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- New Cloud Alpha Renders!
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 19:08:11 »
Check the new renders featuring the cloud alpha kit! feel free to share any feedback or questions on the set!

Offline santela

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- New Cloud Alpha Renders! (On Hold-ish)
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 05:09:09 »
I actually like gray on black, so this is a good set for me, but a few things I hope would get changed:
- Can we get alternating color f-rows? Having mod color only f-rows is a big pet peeve for me.
- Can we get 1.5u function in the base, or at least somewhere?

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- New Cloud Alpha Renders! (On Hold-ish)
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 20:53:50 »
this growing on me, nice work. and btw, you have r1 GoB tilde key duplicated in base kit and alternate (dark) alphas. glwic  :thumb:

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [IC] ePBT Real -- On Hold - Message to Community
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 15:18:58 »
Hey guys, Ive decided to hold this set, also on hold with epbt. I also posted a message regarding keysets in general and me as a designer. you can find the link in the reserved post

Offline dokternik

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 16:47:18 »
Dang, Love this set

Offline moyu.studio

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 06:03:15 »
Reserved

Offline santela

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 05:29:23 »
Hope this project gets continued at some time, could be a more versatile alternative to the GMK gray on black