Offline nFaiz

Re: [IC] Cactus XT-TKL
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:07:55 »
Let’s go max ic finally live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline niicao

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:08:43 »
I am so hyped for this, been waiting for this layout for so long, pls consider making more units
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:20:00 by niicao »

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:10:09 »
yeah nvm man thats a big yikes from me
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 December 2021, 03:21:07 by stidal »
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:13:12 »
My name is Max, the Founder of max works.

Very brave of you to start a whole company for this project. Are you handling the QC and logistics yourself?

Since EU is prepaying VAT does this mean we won't have to pay anything else upon arrival of our boards at customs?

Is the ISO plate a fixed ISO plate or a universal plate? There's no images of it anywhere.

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:22:37 »
would it be possible to offer alu half plates?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:23:19 »

Also - OP is a minor.

edited to remove screenshot of dm
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:45:49 by treeleaf64 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline nFaiz

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:31:33 »
would it be possible to offer alu half plates?
Plate files will be open source so if you want to make a half plate you can.

Offline C_L | Soup

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:32:58 »
Green pilled and cactused  :cool:

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:34:01 »
Also - OP is a minor.
OP was was also able to create 4 protos that look solid.

The design looks good. Price is good for the MOQ.
No Extra PCBs?
If the PCB dies how would someone replace it?

Offline max_tz

• Founder of max works
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:37:29 »
-
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:43:05 by max_tz »

Offline max_tz

• Founder of max works
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:40:47 »
Also - OP is a minor.

No Extra PCBs?
Hello there! I would plan to order extra PCBS or make a in-stock in the future of the PCB.

Offline max_tz

• Founder of max works
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:44:17 »
My name is Max, the Founder of max works.

Very brave of you to start a whole company for this project. Are you handling the QC and logistics yourself?

Since EU is prepaying VAT does this mean we won't have to pay anything else upon arrival of our boards at customs?

Is the ISO plate a fixed ISO plate or a universal plate? There's no images of it anywhere.
Hey ! great question, Yes I will handle logistics and QC myself, all units will be shipped to me first to check each board to make sure they are in proper condition before shipping it all out. For the VAT question, nothing will be paid. Since we will be charging vat with the board, we will just have to pay it. My partner will call DHL when the time comes to get it handled.

Offline kameron

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:08:50 »
Also - OP is a minor.

No Extra PCBs?

OP had people to pay for these protos

Offline ina

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:15:07 »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:19:21 »
279345-0
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline wndy

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:42:55 »
The lilac and pink are both SO gorgeous, I would definitely be interested

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:47:57 »
Monkas
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline Cloneattack

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:53:56 »
Oh boy....

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:58:17 »
https://imgur.com/a/qqr7hp8

I urge everyone to go through this imgur gallery. OP is 14 years old, doesn't know how taxes work, doesn't know there's different types of aluminium, doesn't understand how a measuring tape works but will be handling $15,000+ in GB money and doing QC and logistics himself.

Offline unusuaL_

• Illustrious
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 10:59:10 »
wow nice price and v short lead time (hopefully) makes this look promising
collection: yae60 proto, f1-8k (cocogoat shill), hhkb pro2

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:04:32 »

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:11:21 »
Also - OP is a minor.

OP had people to pay for these protos

Welp - Hali's design is good.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:35:25 by HappyB0T »

Offline Demagine

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:16:04 »

Yeah in my opinion Max has good intentions, but if you can't figure out how to measure mm using a measuring tape and ignore messages, I feel like the more complicated logistics of actually running a GB and keeping tabs with customers and manufacturers wouldn't go so hot...

All the best to Max, but people have been warned I guess.

Offline Moods

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:16:06 »
:(

this had a lot of potential

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:21:11 »
love to see a designer who can't find mm on a measuring tape, that's the kind of brain I want making my boards and running my gbs

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:28:49 »
OP -

I admire your ambition and desire to dive in deep to the hobby. At this point, however, it would probably be wise to start smaller. As others have mentioned, running a buy such as this by yourself (handling logistics, finances, etc) is an incredible undertaking. Working with a vendor and supplying designs would be a great place to start. This would take away the majority of the burden from you and allow you to continue to learn. As well, familiarizing yourself further with the hobby and the ins and outs of these sorts of projects would go a long way.

Those of us who have been around for some time have seen this play out a few times, and it rarely ends well (I can't personally think of a time that it has). Please don't take this personally. It truly is in the interest of the community that you have a fondness for, and frankly for yourself (sanity, reputation, etc) as well.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:33:12 »
Slightly concerning

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:34:03 »

Offline max_tz

• Founder of max works
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 11:55:05 »
OP -

I admire your ambition and desire to dive in deep to the hobby. At this point, however, it would probably be wise to start smaller. As others have mentioned, running a buy such as this by yourself (handling logistics, finances, etc) is an incredible undertaking. Working with a vendor and supplying designs would be a great place to start. This would take away the majority of the burden from you and allow you to continue to learn. As well, familiarizing yourself further with the hobby and the ins and outs of these sorts of projects would go a long way.

Those of us who have been around for some time have seen this play out a few times, and it rarely ends well (I can't personally think of a time that it has). Please don't take this personally. It truly is in the interest of the community that you have a fondness for, and frankly for yourself (sanity, reputation, etc) as well.
Hello
I sincerely appreciate the feedback on this IC. In light of everyone's concerns, I will postpone this groupbuy indefinitely until I find a solution that is acceptable for all participants. I will find vendors who have had experience running successful past GBs and will work with them closely to ensure everything will operate smoothly.
I appreciate everyone's consideration and thank you for any advice you may have given me.
Max

Offline abats

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 12:36:22 »
I am not into long bois but it looks cool! GLWIC

Offline TheInverseKey

• You can run but you cannot hide!
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 13:32:48 »
ALBS support?

Offline unknownh

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 13:46:53 »

Making sure everyone is aware of this -- OP is some 97 type person  ;D

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 14:12:05 »
Looks nice, lovely colors and at least the basics seem to be going in the right direction. After reading the conversation in the Imgur album I do share the sentiment of others.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 14:30:52 »
Now that I've been mentioned in public, i'll respond in public. To max:

You seem to have the wrong message, I don't mind that you're young and designing things, you have a lot of free time when you're young so learning a new skill is enviable. The reason why I pulled out was because of the imgur album linked in this thread, I did not want to be supplying bumpons for a project this volatile, your inexperience really shows and it is a red flag to a more veteran person in this hobby. I'm also not a big fan of the "I hate colored people" comment you made, even if it was a joke -- The moment you become a designer, (especially for a case where there is more money on the line) you are a public figure and people/vendors rely on you.

OP -

Hello
I sincerely appreciate the feedback on this IC. In light of everyone's concerns, I will postpone this groupbuy indefinitely until I find a solution that is acceptable for all participants. I will find vendors who have had experience running successful past GBs and will work with them closely to ensure everything will operate smoothly.
I appreciate everyone's consideration and thank you for any advice you may have given me.
Max

This is a good start to making amends and starting right, I sincerely hope that you take your time to build up experience and integrate more into the hobby, and when you're working with a more tenured vendor and have grown as a person I truly hope that you do reach out again and we can work from there.

Offline 7h3of7

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 14:53:34 »
Show Image

Ah yes, racism. My favorite. /s
Current Board: OTD 356 Mini v1 Black

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 16:05:59 »
please consider open-source pcb after GB, since you are not offering an extra.

Offline max_tz

• Founder of max works
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 16:44:05 »
Hi

I'm here to make my own statement and will be direct through this. Regarding the images you have seen, yes those are real messages sent by me. My private conversation with Hali, who was my designer, included me showing that I'm unprepared for this project and showing my attitude of immatureness.  The screenshots of me showed a message of myself being racist and I completely will hold myself accountable for what I've done and said. I apologized before and yet I will apologize again as I don't have intentions of harming anyone. I should've been more careful when I said these images and what I type on a public platform. I will postpone Cactus first and I will take a break from the hobby at the moment until I reflect on my own. I will become prepared and make sure to put up a good image on myself and my business. I will also make sure to fix my mistakes and come back and show that I am a prepared and capable runner.
Again, I apologize deeply and hope to have the opportunity to earn your trust in the future.

-Max
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 16:57:18 by max_tz »

Offline murpy

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 17:57:02 »
I've only had one interaction with OP and his "friends" on discord and it was not a positive one. I urge people to be cautious if they are interested in joining this gb. Otherwise, the board looks solid

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 18:01:00 »
Hi

I'm here to make my own statement and will be direct through this. Regarding the images you have seen, yes those are real messages sent by me. My private conversation with Hali, who was my designer, included me showing that I'm unprepared for this project and showing my attitude of immatureness.  The screenshots of me showed a message of myself being racist and I completely will hold myself accountable for what I've done and said. I apologized before and yet I will apologize again as I don't have intentions of harming anyone. I should've been more careful when I said these images and what I type on a public platform. I will postpone Cactus first and I will take a break from the hobby at the moment until I reflect on my own. I will become prepared and make sure to put up a good image on myself and my business. I will also make sure to fix my mistakes and come back and show that I am a prepared and capable runner.
Again, I apologize deeply and hope to have the opportunity to earn your trust in the future.

-Max

I hope you have the guts and the opportunity to realize what you have done and how that impacts people like me, who have been victims of blatant racism and feel disturbed by what was shown there. Even I have not seen the worst of it due to my skin color -- my experiences relate to my nationality -- but it still boils my blood to read what I just did. I say I hope you have guts because it does take guts to realize you are not the nice person you thought you were, and let me tell you a little piece of something.

I'm sorry dude, I really am, but this is not it. You look like you have talent and resolve, but after this kind of thing you are not in a place to "come back and show you are prepared". The things that you have said concerning minorities are not only deeply disturbing, they will haunt you for the rest of your days in this hobby to the point designers will actively avoid you -- not simply because you treated your business partner in a poor way but you show patterns and thoughts I wouldn't imagine coming out of my worst enemy and we, in this community, we don't want them here. Stuff like this gets people in jail, stuff like this gets people killed.

As much as I understand you are new, and young, and naive, I also understand you are taking the right path in holding yourself accountable; but the real world has no take-backs. Not for this kind of thing. We could forgive naivité and inexperience like Hoffman did by taking time to explain things, and might I add the conversation shows you are clearly not experienced enough to run a keyboard GB. This is how the world works: it (paradoxically) responds unforgiveness and cruelty by being unforgiving and cruel.

Also another piece of advice: the internet is not a private place. Everything you say, or want to say, might as well be said in a crowded place full of people. What's worse, stuff you say in here will be recorded and you will not be able to take them back.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 18:11:01 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 19:26:19 »
That a minor acts like a minor is fairly predictable. That their partners, which I assume are adults, didn't see the problem ahead of time is what astonishes me the most.

Come back in four years and maybe you'll have what it takes.

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 20:29:59 »
Such a shame, this is actually looks nice and I would hop in.

Someone should (re)run this instead.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 20:32:29 by elongatedmusk »

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 21:52:59 »
the board looks solid

sure but that's just something OP commissioned, OP himself has worse than nothing to offer here

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 22:02:28 »
monkaW
boards: anura

Offline OptimusPrime00

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 22:06:01 »
Yeah.. all of this especially the racist comments... I'll never buy a board from you. Shame, the board looked nice. Hope the designers got something out of it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Offline murpy

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 22:30:33 »
the board looks solid

sure but that's just something OP commissioned, OP himself has worse than nothing to offer here

For sure, OP is a completely different story here. I won't be supporting him, especially after I saw his behaviour on discord. Myself and several others even warned him about the repercussions after he and his friends lashed out at someone publicly for no reason instead of doing it in private.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 23:26:49 by murpy »

Offline Dyto69

• 420 blaze it but dont forget 69
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 04:28:04 »
I had to modify this because im dumb
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 December 2021, 12:17:18 by Dyto69 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 09:43:19 »
Hi

-Max

I hope you have the guts and the opportunity to realize what you have done and how that impacts people like me, who have been victims of blatant racism and feel disturbed by what was shown there. Even I have not seen the worst of it due to my skin color -- my experiences relate to my nationality -- but it still boils my blood to read what I just did. I say I hope you have guts because it does take guts to realize you are not the nice person you thought you were, and let me tell you a little piece of something.

I'm sorry dude, I really am, but this is not it. You look like you have talent and resolve, but after this kind of thing you are not in a place to "come back and show you are prepared". The things that you have said concerning minorities are not only deeply disturbing, they will haunt you for the rest of your days in this hobby to the point designers will actively avoid you -- not simply because you treated your business partner in a poor way but you show patterns and thoughts I wouldn't imagine coming out of my worst enemy and we, in this community, we don't want them here. Stuff like this gets people in jail, stuff like this gets people killed.

Yeesh. I did not see the most offensive screenshot before - imgur is blocked at work, so it showed up as a blank message. That's particularly offensive and indefensible, Max. I hope you know this by now, but I want to re-quote and emphasize what Gondolindrim said in hopes of solidifying it in your mind. He has said it better than I could, so I won't add anything to it.