Author Topic: [IC] Rikia | Copper and PC Alice Style Board  (Read 25257 times)

Offline mymeepo

Re: [IC] Rikia | Copper and PC Alice Style Board
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 16:47:21 »
Is there a render of the aluminum bottom?

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 17:27:45 »
Looks very very nice!, looking forward to the Kneedeep collab  :thumb:

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 20:17:18 »
interested, but only if OP changes his name to rixxstatic
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline YXXX

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 21:14:31 »
This is a beauty  :eek:

Offline Extra Fox

• quis qui sais
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 23:19:24 »
How about naming it, "The Rikki Tikki Tembo-no Sa Rembo-chari Bari Ruchi-pip Peri Pembo".

*Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikki_Tikki_Tembo
A-a-ron

Offline Nurseh

• Sorry for always apologizing
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 16:06:33 »
Love it, an option for aluminum top case would peak my interest even more.  :thumb:

Offline gloomycloud

• me enjoy 60s
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 01:26:58 »
What color options do we have for the aluminum bottom?
HHKB Pro 2 || Polaris || Kei || Meridian || X60 V2

Offline rikercd

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 10:07:44 »
Will you be doing the milling inside of a SCIF?

Offline Scriba

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 07:19:34 »
endgame for sure. aluminium top would make it even better (something like dark grey).

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 09:29:50 »
Yes please, one for me.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 18:13:15 »
Yes please and thank you

Offline ai06L

• SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 05:11:05 »
rukia alert? glwgb
Collection: Keycult No.1, 8XV2.0 Additional Ano silver WKL, FC660C Novatouched, Polaris, 8XV2.0 Additional coated black CWKL, Vega E-white, Vega Grey, Novatouch, Jelly Epoch SE

Waiting to ship: Cruelworld 60, 8XV3.0 light grey WKL

Offline Rik.caffeinated

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 16:37:21 »
Quick update -

I am genuinely shocked at the feedback (good and bad I love the memeing keep it coming)

I've gone ahead and ordered some aluminum tops, aluminum bottoms (ano and e-white versions) along with more PC tops, a redesigned matching wrist rest with copper weight to try out some new configs.

I'll be sure to post when I receive them and narrow down config options.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 11:13:07 »
Considering this is clearly a derivative of the Amano open source project files (https://github.com/h40io/Amano) have you contemplated giving credit to this project or informing community members and potential customers as to whether or not plate files, carrying case, wrist rest, or other components will be directly compatible?

If so, why not? I see this as a clear benefit to the community and a primary motivation of the project.

Offline LilithAugustus

• She/Her
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 15:23:42 »
Considering this is clearly a derivative of the Amano open source project files (https://github.com/h40io/Amano) have you contemplated giving credit to this project or informing community members and potential customers as to whether or not plate files, carrying case, wrist rest, or other components will be directly compatible?

If so, why not? I see this as a clear benefit to the community and a primary motivation of the project.

So let me get this straight you are complaining about a board that copied another board that was a copy of another board and you are sitting here trying to claim it was your design that was ripped off? Do you have rights to all alice style boards just because you also made a copy of one? I am confused what you are trying to get at with a board that has been replicated numerous amounts of times and how this one is any different.

Offline Rik.caffeinated

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 15:46:52 »

I'll address your points in order.
1. Considering this is clearly a derivative of the Amano open source project files (https://github.com/h40io/Amano) have you contemplated giving credit to this project
Looking past the hilarious irony here - my answer is no - given that it is not a derivative of your project (which is in itself a derivative of the Alice. am I in the Twilight Zone?!)

2. informing community members and potential customers as to whether or not plate files, carrying case, wrist rest, or other components will be directly compatible
Again - no. None of your accessories (save for the publicly available Mechlovin PCB) will fit the Rikia. Again - they. are. not. the. same. The boards share two similarities - the Alice plate and the Mechlovin PCB. Neither of which are yours? I will say it for a third time - aside from the PCB and plate there is no similarity between our boards.

I really am sorry this had to happen. In fact - I was excited to mention your project in my IC when you requested it. I'm all for supporting fellow designers and I see absolutely no crossover in market between Amano and Rikia.
Then I was given screenshots from friends where you slandered me on Discord.
After that I chose to not engage with you further, but it appears your obsessive need to stir drama and air dirty laundry has followed us to yet another platform. I wish you the best with your future projects.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 15:58:51 »

most sane open source keyboard designer
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dokternik

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 17:08:50 »
This is beautiful.  :cool:

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 18:18:01 »
I needn't substantiate my claims, and anything interpreted as slander is of course false. I appreciate the thoughtful consideration.

Glad to see more Alice cases out in the world!

Offline noahf

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 19:18:21 »
I'm all for supporting fellow designers

don't support this guy and don't be nice. it allows people like h40 to feel right or accomplished. h40, you suck. You must be fully delusional to come in here and claim your open source project is being infringed when it is a copy of an Alice (which is open sourced) which is derived from an em7 (which isn't open source.)

h40, I don't wish you luck. I wish you a reality check. Stop being a ****ty person in the community.

Offline kontradictions

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 19:53:08 »
I needn't substantiate my claims, and anything interpreted as slander is of course false. I appreciate the thoughtful consideration.

Glad to see more Alice cases out in the world!

Offline DotMatrix

• Charue Design
    • Charue Design
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 20:10:58 »
I needn't substantiate my claims, and anything interpreted as slander is of course false.

I believe it's a bit scummy to accuse someone of stealing your work (which also implies they would take something non-commercial for commercial use) without having any evidence and then decide you don't need to explain more where your accusations come from. How are we to understand your issue with this project or believe that your intention is actually to show that some fault has occured when you claim there is no reason to show any evidence/information?

If there really is evidence the Rikia is built upon the Amano source files that would be an issue, but so far it seems this is not the case and on a personal note it looks more like a jealous attack vs. a substantiated claim. I believe you should substantiate your claim or retract your accusations, otherwise it's clear you're not here for actual discourse.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 February 2022, 00:17:47 by DotMatrix »

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 23:19:47 »
I'm sorry. I think I'm letting my ego get in the way because I have spent so much time on this project and these files.

I understand the irony to some degree, and I obviously lay no claim to the original Alice layout and boards. You make good points there.

I wish you well and good luck with IC and GB.

Offline 🥟餃子🥟

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 08:12:44 »
Looks so clean but its a pricey one.

Offline Blastoise

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 16:11:17 »
How can I buy a rikia? Also what’s this about ice cream? I do love me some good ice cream.

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 03:42:46 »

don't support this guy and don't be nice. it allows people like h40 to feel right or accomplished. h40, you suck. You must be fully delusional to come in here and claim your open source project is being infringed when it is a copy of an Alice (which is open sourced) which is derived from an em7 (which isn't open source.)

h40, I don't wish you luck. I wish you a reality check. Stop being a ****ty person in the community.

You got a source on the og tgr alice files? Last ive checked around, its the stacked acrylic case files that were open sourced, Not the alu case files. Not trying to stir anything just wanna make sure if ive been mistaken on the fact of that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 09:15:11 »

You got a source on the og tgr alice files? Last ive checked around, its the stacked acrylic case files that were open sourced, Not the alu case files. Not trying to stir anything just wanna make sure if ive been mistaken on the fact of that.

rolling back through this thread cause i was thinking about it for some reason, the TGR alice was never open sourced unless it was done so relatively recently. i feel like that's something that would pop up on my radar. some other TGRs were open source for a time, notably jane v1, but sam has removed most links to the files.

there have been various open source alice projects over the years, however.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2022, 09:17:00 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 12:14:40 »

rolling back through this thread cause i was thinking about it for some reason, the TGR alice was never open sourced unless it was done so relatively recently. i feel like that's something that would pop up on my radar. some other TGRs were open source for a time, notably jane v1, but sam has removed most links to the files.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95054.msg2661499#msg2661499

talking about that. it's not a GitHub repo but I had to do a bit of looking back to find it. It's a PCB layout file, a stacked acrylic case file, and a plate file from yuktsi back in late Sept 2018 that i was referencing to.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 13:31:58 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95054.msg2661499#msg2661499

talking about that. it's not a GitHub repo but I had to do a bit of looking back to find it. It's a PCB layout file, a stacked acrylic case file, and a plate file from yuktsi back in late Sept 2018 that i was referencing to.

ahh ok, that makes sense, i think i misread a bit, thanks for clarifying

Offline ManiacMarc

• Twitch
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 15:50:31 »
I’m in

Offline Juego

• True
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 08:48:28 »
I'm in  ;D :thumb:
#KeyboardGang