geekhack Community > Reviews

KBC Poker PBT with Cherry Blue Switches

<< < (2/8) > >>

kaiserreich:
Maybe add a resistor to the LED to lower the brightness of the LED.

REVENGE:

--- Quote from: kaiserreich;375311 ---Maybe add a resistor to the LED to lower the brightness of the LED.
--- End quote ---

Red LEDs would be much more eye friendly.

kaiserreich:
Actually, with the opaqueness of the keycaps, can you even see the other lights even if you mod it?
Apart from the Capslock key of course

REVENGE:

--- Quote from: kaiserreich;375328 ---Actually, with the opaqueness of the keycaps, can you even see the other lights even if you mod it?
Apart from the Capslock key of course
--- End quote ---
You mean a resistor mod? I'm not sure you would be able to if you reduced the current to the LEDs. But it would make them work better with windowed / clear keys. I would like to put an SP clear key on Esc, but I'm afraid the LED is going to be too bright.

Also, an update on the Blue switch problem. I took one of the switches and opened and closed the housing a few times to try different stem / spring combinations, and now the original blue stem + spring combo feels just as it should, so it looks like the issue is fixed. Also, I find I'm strangely attracted to a combination of black spring + blue stem, essentially a heavier tactile clicky switch.

Ergo clears are also definitely a winner, they're much more tactile than browns.

Update: I just finished doing a quick and dirty foam mod which has significantly reduced PCB flex near the center of the board, making the switches feel closer to being plate mounted than PCB mounted.

Atenacius:
Is this a kind of refresh for the KBC Poker or is it just for this model in particular? They new keys look pretty awesome and I really like the red PCB peeking out from underneath

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version